Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Group Training Sessions - Where & When

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Woddle wrote: »
    Sunday 14/6/2009
    Location in Park:?
    Time: 10am
    Session: 8 miles easy
    Stmochtas
    Shels4ever
    TheRoadRunner (50/50. I'll text Shels if I'm not going to make it.)

Sunday 14/6/2009
    Location start Ballyboden/marlay park, finish in the same place
    http://connect.garmin.com/activity/2687375 it will be along this route but mainly Rockbrook and Marlay park
    Time: 7-8am the earlier the better for me :D
    Session: 15 miles,
    Woddle
    ecoli

Just add your name and the details if you are starting or attending a session.

how does half six suit? i in work at nine. if not its grand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

ecoli wrote: »
    how does half six suit? i in work at nine. if not its grand

Not a problem at all, I was just afraid I was one of a kind, the earlier the better for me, so 6:30 perfect and it's a lovely time to run, did alot of last years lsrs for Berlin at this time and it's beautiful, no traffic, no noise, cool and lovely scenery, anyway its not a date :D

Not a problem at all, I was just afraid I was one of a kind, the earlier the better for me, so 6:30 perfect and it's a lovely time to run, did alot of last years lsrs for Berlin at this time and it's beautiful, no traffic, no noise, cool and lovely scenery, anyway its not a date :D

Yeah i know i did first early run on thurs at like half five(was up dropping someone to air port so figured may as well) It was like a whole different world. So where abouts will ii meet ya

I'll send you a pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

tunguska wrote: »
    Count me in shels. Saturday or sunday morning session would be grand. Let me know what you plan to do.
    Planning on an easy run, i'll be doing 6-8 miles nothing too mad pace wise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭stmochtas

Sunday 14/6/2009
    Location in Park:Papal Cross Car Park
    Stmochtas
    Shels4ever

Sunday 14/6/2009
    http://connect.garmin.com/activity/2687375 it will be along this route but mainly Rockbrook and Marlay park
    Woddle

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭mrak

Just an idea based on the recent phoenix park thread from the lads - do you think something like this might be handy as a sticky-type thing..? I'm injured at the moment so am not actually making these sessions but would hope to be back at some stage.

Galway
    Day|Time|Where|What|Who
    Monday||||
    Tuesday|19:30|Craughwell Astro|Speedwork|mrak
    Tuesday|20:30|Craughwell Astro|Fit4Life|mrak
    Wednesday||||
    Thursday|21:30|Craughwell Astro|Fit4Life|mrak
    Friday||||
    Saturday|08:00|Kylebrack Woods|Long Run|mrak
    Saturday|09:00|Athenry Church|5 Mile|aburke
    Sunday|09:30|Craughwell School|Long Run|mrak
    Sunday|10:00|Kylebrack Woods|Long Run|mrak

Kildare
    Day|Time|Where|What|Who
    Monday||||
    Tuesday||||
    Wednesday|18:00|Castletown House, Celbridge|Run|mrak
    Thursday||||
    Friday||||
    Saturday||||
    Saturday||||
    Sunday||||
    Sunday||||

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

mrak wrote: »
    Just an idea based on the recent phoenix park thread from the lads - do you think something like this might be handy as a sticky-type thing..? I'm injured at the moment so am not actually making these sessions but would hope to be back at some stage.

Galway
    Day|Time|Where|What|Who
    Monday||||
    Wednesday||||
    Friday||||

Kildare
    Day|Time|Where|What|Who
    Monday||||
    Tuesday||||
    Wednesday|18:00|Castletown House, Celbridge|Run|mrak
    Thursday||||
    Friday||||
    Saturday||||
    Saturday||||
    Sunday||||
    Sunday||||

That's an excellent format, easier to make sense of than lists.

At Woddle's request I've renamed the Phoenix Park thread, I'll merge this in and hopefully spread this past just teh Jackeens ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

I'm injured at the moment so am not actually making these sessions but would hope to be back at some stage.

Let me know when you are back in action. Celbridge for Wednesday runs suits me down to the ground.

Myself and MCOS did a couple of speed sessions on the UL track (well he did speed, I did jogging behind him panting :P)

Anyone else in Limerick or any sessions?

• Advertisement

Sure - the difference was the regularity thing. The park thread was about meeting up on a specific date - I am thinking a list that pretty much doesn't change much from week to week - maybe a biki entry would be better but sure we can try this for now.

Sorry, I misunderstood. Do you want me to unmerge them?

Monday
    session: 8 miles
    Time: Anytime after 4 suits me
    ecoli

Sure - the difference was the regularity thing. The park thread was about meeting up on a specific date - I am thinking a list that pretty much doesn't change much from week to week - maybe a biki entry would be better but sure we can try this for now.

i know what you mean, I think a lot of people do their session on the same days now.

No reason why this thread can't cater for both. This thread I think will be a great success, good idea shels ;)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,056 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Any other training sessions for Kildare, maybe saturday morning? Or friday evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭Peckham

Sunday 14/6/2009
    Stmochtas
    Shels4ever
    Peckham (will confirm here on Saturday whether knee is holding out!)

Sunday 14/6/2009
    Woddle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭MCOS

Anyone else in Limerick or any sessions?

Tuesdays on the UL track. West Limerick AC do an interval session but its open and kicks off at about 7 after the Coach takes the group through a warm up routine. I've been there the last 2 weeks and will proabably continue for the summer. I'm also usually early and looking for someone to do an easy riverbank jog with first. So, say 6.30 on the track by the sandpit, I'll be the friendly face. Approx 2-3 miles on the riverbank before the session starts. This week was a 3,200m TT so that will be coming up again in about 6 weeks and is a good one to practice your 5k or 10k pace.

All levels welcome :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Wont be able to make phoenix park session but this marley park session sounds perfect. Do you mind if I jump in aswell? Early morning running is the greatest thing ever:). Anyway let me know where you plan to meet.
    Cheers

Amadeus I wouldn't have merged them myself as this is more a weekly regular slot calendar and peckham was doing a more specific one-off arrangement but that's okay.

Instructions: For anyone that wants to add in a session click quote on the latest version of this message, add in your county or regular session details (in the right day/time order) and remove the quote tags. So easy.

Dublin
    Day|Time|Where|What|Who
    Monday|16:00|Tymon Park|Run|ecoli
    Tuesday||||
    Wednesday||||
    Thursday||||
    Friday||||
    Saturday||||
    Sunday||||

Galway
    Day|Time|Where|What|Who
    Monday||||
    Wednesday||||
    Friday||||

Kildare
    Day|Time|Where|What|Who
    Monday||||
    Tuesday||||
    Wednesday|18:00|Castletown House, Celbridge|Run|mrak,TheRoadRunner
    Thursday||||
    Friday||||
    Saturday||||
    Saturday||||
    Sunday||||
    Sunday||||

• Advertisement

tunguska wrote: »
    Wont be able to make phoenix park session but this marley park session sounds perfect. Do you mind if I jump in aswell? Early morning running is the greatest thing ever:). Anyway let me know where you plan to meet.
    Cheers

pm sent, just fyi we're now starting at 6:30am, so hope thats not too early :D

Sunday 14/6/2009
    Stmochtas
    Shels4ever
    Peckham (will confirm here on Saturday whether knee is holding out!)

Sunday 14/6/2009
    Time: 6:30 am the earlier the better for me :D
    Woddle
    ecoli
    tunguska

Sunday 14/6/2009
    Location Tymon park
    Time: 4pm
    Session: 8 miles
    ecoli

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

... as a follow on to what I just posted here, I've just put in a very basic table on the "demo" biki page so there is an approximate template of mrak's tables above for if we are going to try making use of the biki.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Magnet

ok there`s another!
    Athenry Church|| 8pm ||5 miles plus || Magnet

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭uglyjohn

bloody hell you lot work fast :eek:

uglyjohn wrote: »
    bloody hell you lot work fast :eek:

we are runners everything bout us is to do with being fast :D

robinph wrote: »
    ... as a follow on to what I just posted here, I've just put in a very basic table on the "demo" biki page so there is an approximate template of mrak's tables above for if we are going to try making use of the biki.
    Sounds good - which would people prefer for this kind of thing - a wiki or update the post a-la- "best of 2009" thread. (Actually from just a quick look at the biki code it seems a fair bit more confusing to edit than this bbcode thingy so that might be a factor.)
    Magnet wrote: »
    ok there`s another!
    Athenry Church|| 8pm ||5 miles plus || Magnet
    Which day is that on Magnet - every day..?

The only thing about putting it in the Biki is it won't get much passing trade. An updated set of tables like the 09 thread would work well, IMO

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Which day is that on Magnet - every day..?

Knowing Magnet, I wouldn't be surprised. :pac:

• Advertisement

Knowing Magnet, I wouldn't be surprised. :pac:
    Yes and knowing Magnet i'd like to know what the + is ... might be another 20 miles after the 5 :)

Advertisement