Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Group Training Sessions - Where & When

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Summer will be a perfect time to get some of these going actually. I'd definitely be interested in running with others once my injury clears up.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

uglyjohn wrote: »
    i might be interested....go on...

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Racing Flat

anyone fancy session thur?
    You could always run the 5 mile in Malahide as a training run...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Ger the man

I was made redundant about 2 months ago and use running to take my mind off it. Ive done a few 8k/10ks and the goal is the Dublin marathon. I run in the park all the time starting from the cross and usually do about 10ks over 45-50 mins. Im available to meet any day from about 2pm onwards.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

shels4ever wrote: »
    I'll be doing a about 8 miles but can split it up into a lap or two depending on who wants to come. Was thinking 10am.

Im afraid i have to cancel got called up to do national leagues for the club sunday and as a result had to swap my shift to the morning to get the time off on sunday sorry bout that. Another time maybe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭uglyjohn

so who is up for a group session tomorrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

ecoli wrote: »
    Im afraid i have to cancel got called up to do national leagues for the club sunday and as a result had to swap my shift to the morning to get the time off on sunday sorry bout that. Another time maybe

No problem , there will be many more day,.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

so who is up for a group session tomorrow?

Me.

i live in blackrock but im staying over in rathgar tonight so its easier than usual for me to make it to the pheonix park. is there somewher secure i can leave a bag and lock my bike?
    i'd be up for meeting early...9:30 or so. does that suit?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

I was going to go for a run at 11am this Sunday in the Park, but there's some family day out that starts around that time up there.

I'm now looking at heading up about 9am, as I'd like to get in and out, before half of Dublin descend on the park.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Wont be able to make it this Sunday but I would definitely be up for it any other Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭stmochtas

Thursday 11/6/2009

Sunday 14/6/2009
    Location in Park:?
    Time: 10am
    Session: 8 miles easy
    Stmochtas
    Shels4ever

Just add your name and the details if you are starting or attending a session.

i live in blackrock but im staying over in rathgar tonight so its easier than usual for me to make it to the pheonix park. is there somewher secure i can leave a bag and lock my bike?
    i'd be up for meeting early...9:30 or so. does that suit?

Only on two wheels myself as well, although mine have a 50cc engine attached, so don't have any space to offer to lock a bag away unfortunately. I think aiming for 10am would suit me slightly better, but only becasue 9:30 sounds too early in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

I'll definitely be on for runs in Phoenix Park (fartlek / hills or just regular long runs). My knee is niggling so will probably leave it for a week or so though.

Thanks for starting the thread, its a great idea.

robinph wrote: »
    Only on two wheels myself as well, although mine have a 50cc engine attached, so don't have any space to offer to lock a bag away unfortunately. I think aiming for 10am would suit me slightly better, but only becasue 9:30 sounds too early in the morning.

i think i can do away with the need for a bag altogether. where can we leave the bikes? i'll probably be there a bit before you.

Well being on two wheels we can pretty much park anywhere once there is something solid for you to lock yours to. Makes no difference to me which end of the park we start at though.

i'll send you a pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

Is there anywhere safe to lock your bike in the Phoenix Park?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

nerraw1111 wrote: »
    Is there anywhere safe to lock your bike in the Phoenix Park?

It should be fine locked to any pole or railing. I've locked mine there many times while I've been racing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

It should be fine locked to any pole or railing. I've locked mine there many times while I've been racing.

Yeah, should be fine :lol

Any areas safer than others?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

nerraw1111 wrote: »
    Yeah, should be fine :lol

Any areas safer than others?
    I would say just inside the gates at island bridgge seem to alway be people around there and there is a rent a bike place too,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

Thursday 11/6/2009

Sunday 14/6/2009
    Stmochtas
    Shels4ever
    TheRoadRunner (50/50. I'll text Shels if I'm not going to make it.)

Thursday 11/6/2009
    Location in Park:Coyngham Road entrance'ish
    Time: 9:45am
    Session: ?
    robinph
    uglyjohn

Sunday 14/6/2009
    Stmochtas
    Shels4ever

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

shels4ever wrote: »
    Hi all,

I think there was a thread for this somewhere before but can't seem to find it.

If anyone is up for meeting up for some sessions in the park would be handy to post here.

Looking to get a Fartlek session going or what ever session people like. Fartlek would be hany as you can mix up distance etc to include all levels.

I'm usually in Pheonix park on a Sat and Sunday morning depending on races ets.

Count me in shels. Saturday or sunday morning session would be grand. Let me know what you plan to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭jlang

I'll try to make one or other session.

Was myself, uglyjohn and jlang met up this morning for a lap of the park. Nothing too strenuous though today and was fine weather for it as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭stmochtas

robinph wrote: »
    Thursday 11/6/2009
    Location in Park:Coyngham Road entrance'ish
    Time: 9:45am
    Session: ?
    robinph
    uglyjohn

Sunday 14/6/2009
    Stmochtas
    Shels4ever

Where is the best meeting point Shels?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

stmochtas wrote: »
    Where is the best meeting point Shels?

Pope's cross or car park beside magazine hill at end of Kyber pass ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Hi mods just wondering(with shels permission of course) could we have this thread renamed to sth like group sessions where and when , as I can see this thread as being a very useful tool for Boards ac and other like minded runners. I feel a different name might attract more interest for those outside of the phoenix park area.Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Sunday 14/6/2009
    Stmochtas
    Shels4ever

Sunday 14/6/2009
    Location start Ballyboden/marlay park, finish in the same place
    http://connect.garmin.com/activity/2687375 it will be along this route but mainly Rockbrook and Marlay park
    Time: 7-8am the earlier the better for me :D
    Session: 15 miles,
    Woddle

Advertisement