Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NARGC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭richiedel123

berettaman wrote: »
    Update:

Tuesdays EGM postponed.
    EGM Saturday 11 June to elect Treasurer and Vice Chair.

Governing Body Meeting as per usual after that.

I am still going as it should be interesting...to say the least..
    Can any nargc member go to that meeting tomorrow to see what's going on

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭berettaman

Update:

Saturday EGM/AGM is cancelled because of an injunction.

The matter is before the courts and the risk of a breach of the injunction is too great.

NARGC is putting in its response to the injunction shortly.

Can any nargc member go to that meeting tomorrow to see what's going on

Absolutely. The next Governing Body meeting will be in a month..I would say..

All members can attend but only county delegates get a vote..2 per county.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,055 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

[Mod note]Folks, please see the mod note above; matters which are sub judice cannot be discussed on here. The case in question is scheduled for a hearing on the 22nd; please don't discuss it here until after that, thanks.[/Mod note]

Leinster Clay shoot? Should be a good indicator for the all irelands. I heard it is clashing with a shoot in the UK and some tip shots are missing from Louth and meath...that will make a hames of it. Anybody going?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

Cavan had there shoot on Sunday. They will be putting in full squads. I heard 50 not sure how that tallies... Mark Kelly is the one to watch he took High Gun with a 48 using a side by side. Niall Murphy 45 with a side by side. Cavan and District for the club team. They shoot 50 birds over 8 traps and it was testing.

What's Ardee like is it a field or is there a proper set up....backward step if it's a glorified "flapper"

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Backbarrel

Got news from the wexford lads. Newbay is the club team again. No surpirse there.

The county team for the leinsters will be very different to the all Irelands due to a clash with internationals.

I know Meath are in the same boat I think

One of the ladies made the wexford senior team this year

Should be a good competition. I heard the layout in Ardee is good, anybody got any first hand experience?

A press release has been posted on the NARGC website. I can't post because I am a new user..

[Mod note]Folks, again, please see the mod note above; matters which are sub judice cannot be discussed on here. The case in question is scheduled for a hearing on the 22nd; please don't discuss it here until after that, thanks.[/Mod note]

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Not bothered normally

couldnt find the nargc facebook page when i went looking this morning...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

Any news on the court case

Mod note: some posts deleted

Homer - nothing seems to be in the public domain yet (or at least, we haven't found any details yet). I've heard third-party versions of the case which conflict, I can't find a public domain publication of the judgement we can point to or the judgement itself on the courts website. Because of the circumstances of this case, we'd want one of those to be available first. My understanding of the case from the common elements from all reports so far is that it is not a closed affair at the moment and is ongoing but that its context may have widened. I can't say for certain that's the case because we haven't seen the actual judgement. So we're erring on the side of caution for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭p28559

Sparks wrote: »
    Mod note: some posts deleted

Homer - nothing seems to be in the public domain yet (or at least, we haven't found any details yet). I've heard third-party versions of the case which conflict, I can't find a public domain publication of the judgement we can point to or the judgement itself on the courts website. Because of the circumstances of this case, we'd want one of those to be available first. My understanding of the case from the common elements from all reports so far is that it is not a closed affair at the moment and is ongoing but that its context may have widened. I can't say for certain that's the case because we haven't seen the actual judgement. So we're erring on the side of caution for now.

I offered to send you the pdf of the court order.

Yes, but I'd asked you for where it had been published. So far we've already seen one person fined more than most of us make in a year before tax because of a single defamatory comment on Facebook on the foot of this, and we've seen in the past where newspapers have been fined for contempt of court for discussing sub judice cases; this is why we have conservative rules about this sort of thing.

If the courts judgement or a report on it gets published somewhere, post the link, at that point it's incontrovertibly in the public domain (and court judgements and reports of their contents is protected speech under the Defamation Act); but "I've seen it" from a third party is... not as clearly protected. So we're erring on the side of caution for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭barnaman

€75,000 fine plus costs. Lets just wait for the Irish Shooter to cover the matter!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

NO discussion of the high court case from the 22nd in ANY format/way/method/type.

Nothing.

Any links you have you can send via PM to a Mod and DO NOT post them until we have checked them and cleared them for posting.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

barnaman wrote:
    €75,000 fine plus costs. Lets just wait for the Irish Shooter to cover the matter!

No.....€75000 in damages for defamation in a civil matter because someone posted something in the public arena that wasn't true....so ssshh

No.....€75000 in damages for defamation in a civil matter because someone posted something in the public arena that wasn't true....so ssshh

No, ssshh because of technical contempt of court (as in this case). So far as we can tell from the information we have (which in fairness is incomplete and third-hand), the case isn't done and dusted yet.

The defamation case (which is a seperate court case but as far as we can tell is indirectly linked to the same chain of events - details aren't very clear) isn't as big a worry as you'd think because it's a well-known risk. We've had rules on that sort of thing since the start of the forum (check the forum charter in case you're wondering what they are). Because it's coupled to some events involved in the other case, the line's a bit gray and fuzzy though, so let's be a bit cautious for a bit longer.

Though I would say that that defamation case ought to be underlining the point that when you post something on the internet - be it facebook, twitter, here or anywhere else - you're not having a private chat, you're legally publishing. (And I was going to say you're not having a chat in the pub with your mates, but there's a well-known case from a decade or two back when someone having a quiet pint with his mates in the pub said that person X shot a pheasant with a rifle; and subsequently had to pay out a five figure sum in damages for slander. So a natter over a pint in the pub isn't exactly "safe" either if you routinely say bad stuff about people without all the proof squared away). I've seen a lot of people wave their hands and dismiss that sort of thing as a silly chicken little attitude, and it appears from the reports on that case that the defendant had something like that attitude because he considered the matter dropped and didn't appear in court. These cases aren't trivial - Irish defamation law is brutal and you ignore it at your own peril.

The All Ireland shoot is great and speaking as a clay and game shooter the potential of such an event is phenomenal.

Unfortunately I cant help thinking that lads wont think outside the box. I accept the comment we like a moan, we do and we told our county lads to write in and complain, if more Counties and clubs did this we would have a better Association. Lets be honest, €10.50 for a burger and chips and coke is just that, a rip off. I appreciate the hard work the refs do, safety officers and organisers, but the basics are lacking.

Well lads what did everybody think of the clay shoot after? I think it was fairly well laid out and the clays were tough but not impossible. Any other taughts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭grassroot1

When I ask someone who was there yesterday the reply I got was "the best run shoot in years with the least amount of red jackets"

• Advertisement

grassroot1 wrote: »
    When I ask someone who was there yesterday the reply I got was "the best run shoot in years with the least amount of red jackets"

I would agree with him on that comment to be honest. It was very well ran. There was no major hold ups and everybody i talked to enjoyed themselves. Best 1 i was at anyway

I went both days to see the shooting and see what the crack was.

The layout was very good with something for everyone to hit and miss!
    The standard of shooting was very high with Louth and Wexford being the stand outs.
    Very competitive and great sportsmanship also.

There was better weather the second day and I enjoyed the banter of the club/side by side and veterans teams. (One lad shot six straight on stand 7 I think it was and he asked the ref if he could finish out his card on that stand!!:)

There was enough staff there to handle things nicely but not too much, there was no one standing around. It kept moving very nicely...

The food was decent and there was plenty of space for a chat with a cup of tea.

Fair play to the organisers and all involved it was well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭LONG DRAG

Looked in to shop on Day 1 of shoot asked if NARGC stickers were free i got a very strong no, 50 Cent per sticker,

Not good PR as i was advertising the organization with the sticker.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Bad_alibi

LONG DRAG wrote: »
    Looked in to shop on Day 1 of shoot asked if NARGC stickers were free i got a very strong no, 50 Cent per sticker,

And if they were free some ape would of came along and put a box in his pocket Because they were free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Rimfire Shooter

Bad_alibi wrote: »
    And if they were free some ape would of came along and put a box in his pocket Because they were free.

& then post 'm here for sale at €1 each :p

LONG DRAG wrote: »

I saw a referee go over to the shop and buy a hat for a fiver. He had left his hat at home and needed one for the stand. Fair play I thought he didn't try to get one for free..It was good to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭breakemall

Are the results posted anywhere on-line?

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Mezamo

They're on Ardee Sports website now

I was there on the Sunday. It was well done and very well organised.

I thought the standard of shooting was very high between the clubs and the ladies competition went to a shoot off..very good indeed.

The food was grand and there was some good banter. The pool shoot wasn't up to much but I wasn't too bothered by that.

• Advertisement

berettaman wrote: »
    I was there on the Sunday. It was well done and very well organised.

I thought the standard of shooting was very high between the clubs and the ladies competition went to a shoot off..very good indeed.

The food was grand and there was some good banter. The pool shoot wasn't up to much but I wasn't too bothered by that.
    Have to agree with u on the pool stand. It could have been set up better but it was entertaining to watch too. The flurry is a better set up with the clays coming from different places.

Advertisement