Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NARGC

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭richiedel123

grassroot1 wrote: »
    When I ask someone who was there yesterday the reply I got was "the best run shoot in years with the least amount of red jackets"

I would agree with him on that comment to be honest. It was very well ran. There was no major hold ups and everybody i talked to enjoyed themselves. Best 1 i was at anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Backbarrel

I went both days to see the shooting and see what the crack was.

The layout was very good with something for everyone to hit and miss!
    The standard of shooting was very high with Louth and Wexford being the stand outs.
    Very competitive and great sportsmanship also.

There was better weather the second day and I enjoyed the banter of the club/side by side and veterans teams. (One lad shot six straight on stand 7 I think it was and he asked the ref if he could finish out his card on that stand!!:)

There was enough staff there to handle things nicely but not too much, there was no one standing around. It kept moving very nicely...

The food was decent and there was plenty of space for a chat with a cup of tea.

Fair play to the organisers and all involved it was well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 116 ✭✭LONG DRAG

Looked in to shop on Day 1 of shoot asked if NARGC stickers were free i got a very strong no, 50 Cent per sticker,

Not good PR as i was advertising the organization with the sticker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 294 ✭✭Bad_alibi

LONG DRAG wrote: »
    Looked in to shop on Day 1 of shoot asked if NARGC stickers were free i got a very strong no, 50 Cent per sticker,

And if they were free some ape would of came along and put a box in his pocket Because they were free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Rimfire Shooter

Bad_alibi wrote: »
    And if they were free some ape would of came along and put a box in his pocket Because they were free.

& then post 'm here for sale at €1 each :p

LONG DRAG wrote: »

I saw a referee go over to the shop and buy a hat for a fiver. He had left his hat at home and needed one for the stand. Fair play I thought he didn't try to get one for free..It was good to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭breakemall

Are the results posted anywhere on-line?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 299 ✭✭Mezamo

They're on Ardee Sports website now

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭berettaman

I was there on the Sunday. It was well done and very well organised.

I thought the standard of shooting was very high between the clubs and the ladies competition went to a shoot off..very good indeed.

The food was grand and there was some good banter. The pool shoot wasn't up to much but I wasn't too bothered by that.

• Advertisement

berettaman wrote: »
    I was there on the Sunday. It was well done and very well organised.

I thought the standard of shooting was very high between the clubs and the ladies competition went to a shoot off..very good indeed.

The food was grand and there was some good banter. The pool shoot wasn't up to much but I wasn't too bothered by that.
    Have to agree with u on the pool stand. It could have been set up better but it was entertaining to watch too. The flurry is a better set up with the clays coming from different places.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

Mixed reviews up our end. Rain didn't help you'd think the NARGC as the country's largest shooting organisation would have a good child of Prague

Chatting to a lad today there is an NARGC Governing body meeting to be held 6th August 2016 in Mullingar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 CodyJack

Anyone know more details on the NARGC row

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

CodyJack wrote: »
    Anyone know more details on the NARGC row

Please see the mod notes in the thread above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 294 ✭✭Bad_alibi

Sparks wrote: »
    Please see the mod notes in the thread above.

When is it due back in court

• Advertisement

I understood that a plenary hearing was to take place in early august, but the NARGC's website is having technical issues at the moment so I can't confirm the date. But since a plenary hearing appears to be on the cards, it's still sub judice so the rules for that apply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭brieny1000

Any truth that there was an EGM of the NARGC held yestetday?

I am just back from Hols so I heard nothing about any EGM yesterday.

I rang a lad who knows a bit and he said that five counties called an EGM.
    The Chairman asked them to wait until an independent investigation was completed.
    They cancelled it.
    They then called it again.
    The NARGC injuncted it because they were concerned that anything said at the AGM would jeopardize the independent investigation and lead to the NARGC being sued.
    The Courts decided last Friday that they had the right to call the EGM and it was up to those at the meeting to decide what was what.
    The Courts also said that the Association could discuss all matters in a frank way with its members without fear of being sued by anyone.
    So the next meeting is on Saturday 6th August in Mullingar and if you are a member you can attend.

It should be interesting to say the least.

Hi All,

I just heard that there is now an EGM called for 10AM on Saturday morning for before the Governing body meeting.

This was called by the 5 counties as mentioned earlier in previous post.

Curiouser and curiouser...

Backbarrel wrote: »
    Hi All,

I just heard that there is now an EGM called for 10AM on Saturday morning for before the Governing body meeting.

This was called by the 5 counties as mentioned earlier in previous post.

Curiouser and curiouser...

It is not curious at all. This will be an attempt to take out this Chairman and Executive before they get to tell their side of the story on Saturday.

Why 10AM when there will be two EGMs after the Gov Body meeting on Saturday anyway?
    Sure you couldn't have the members actually hearing what's going on!!;)

These lads went in and made changes and had to make some hard decisions.. Let's hear what they have to say. I think it's time to give them some support.

• Advertisement

I dont get it..... that 5 counties would go aginst the Chairman and the Executive at a time when they are really turning the affairs of the NARGC upside down and sorting things out.

Cavan had their AGM last week, it was said that already savings have been made on legal bills in to do with old pistol cases.

They were very careful not to allow discussion and said it was an employer/ employee issue and the injunction was forced because of a lack of clarity as to whether anything that could be said at the EGM could be used against them in future proceedings...can't blame them for that considering the litigious climate we are in.

At the NARGC Shoot it was the topic not spoken about but spoken about in whispers.... I'll sus out the RGC lads and so what they are planning to do. I'd be hoping they're supporting the Executive, takes a lot of courage to do what the Chairman and Executive have done they need proper support.

I think i mite take a trip up to check this 1 out. I for 1 would like to hear the full story before I decide which side of the fence I'm on. It looks to me like a lot of people have decided already

I think i mite take a trip up to check this 1 out. I for 1 would like to hear the full story before I decide which side of the fence I'm on. It looks to me like a lot of people have decided already

Some lads aren't happy....I hear the postman is now suing all sides for manual handling injuries. #700 pages of bull****, does that mean the pine martin and the pheasant subsidy wont get a mention.......

How does one get a copy of this report? I assume members are entitled to see it?

How does one get a copy of this report? I assume members are entitled to see it?

At the moment all the County Delegates have it, The County Officers have it, they have been swamped by letters and pleadings. I live down the road from one he showed me all going back to early June all in chronological order.

Everyone is scared ****less of saying too much because of the ****ed up Liable laws but according to the High court ruling last week, its in black and white "bang away, it cant be used against you" you can discuss everything .... still id be very careful...a shut mouth catches no writs as they say.

So do you know can it be distributed to "ordinary" members by those who have it?

Or would it be in the public domain anywhere after the Court hearing I wonder?

Getting info from County Delegates in the past has been a fruitless experience :(

Or would it be in the public domain anywhere after the Court hearing I wonder?

Try courts.ie.
    Go on Saturday and bring popcorn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭grassroot1

It is important that those of us that have an interest in the NARGC and how it is governed attend this meeting.
    Go with an open mind see what evidence is produced and make an informed decision based on that.
    Make yourself known to your county body representatives they may be glad of the support.

Hard to believe that if you don't read here you'd know nothing of anything.

Support? I might support them if I knew what I was supporting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭grassroot1

If we are not informed about what is happening in the NARGC from our delegates then we need to stop sending people who do not give a report to their counties.

When I say they need your support I was being nice (just let them know your attending and watching their performance or lack of it)

• Advertisement

You are 100% right Grassroot1.

If your delegates come back from a meeting and say "sure it was the usual stuff" then you need to get rid of them pronto.

It was amazing the difference between members at the National shoot when you have a chat over a cup of tea. Some lads knew there was some stuff going on and the Current Executive and Chairman were trying to make changes and were getting grief for that.

Other lads didn't have a notion there was any hassle at all.. some of those are from the counties looking for the EGM incidentally!

If you don't get proper information then you need to look at your delegates and county Secretary.

I want to know what is going on. I want to know where my subs are going and how that will be managed. Time to cut the messing..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Hard to believe that if you don't read here you'd know nothing of anything.

This could be happening for a few reasons, one being how hard certain people in the association are trying to keep it quiet. Others include the delegates from your county/affiliated body are not discussing this with your club secretary/chairman at the county level AGM or your secretary/chairman are not discussing this at your club level AGM.

Our delegates gave us a full run down of what they could discuss, so even outside of boards our club knows what's going on.

There is also a genuine fear of being sued. Lads are scared **** of saying something that will get them taking to court even by allowing it discussed at a County AGM. As I said it was well controlled at our AGM and fair ****s to the lads for doing it, They got the information out explained how there was an independent investigator appointed through the courts (A Barrister) to investigate the alleged complaints and that a report would be prepared. They explained why the injunction against the EGM was taken linked to above in that in the heat of the moment something could be said that would feed another liable case.

Saturday is going to be interesting to say the least

Hi Rimfire. I think a copy was sent to all delegates/members of Governing body.

I am going to ask my County Secretary if they got it or if they can copy it from the delegates for me. We aren't dealing with the third secret of fatima here!

I am contacting my county delegate tonight to let him know which side of the fence I am on. We either have an Association that stands up for something or we don't. It is either about the members or it is not.

Furthermore I am going on Saturday 10AM to make sure my delegate stands up and is counted and if he doesn't I will.

grassroot1 wrote: »
    If we are not informed about what is happening in the NARGC from our delegates then we need to stop sending people who do not give a report to their counties.

When I say they need your support I was being nice (just let them know your attending and watching their performance or lack of it)

This is bang on!!

If you had a springer that didn't like a bit of cover you would change him right quick.

If you don't have delegates with the balls to speak for your interests then send someone that has.

If it goes Tits up for the Chairman and the The Executive they have to resign according to our lads going on Saturday.

But here's a question no one can answer. If it goes Tits up for the 5 Counties that are pushing all this does that mean there gone or at least the lads pushing it is their position untenable ????? .....answers on a post card to.... Bunny Carr RTE .....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

If it goes Tits up for the Chairman and the The Executive they have to resign according to our lads going on Saturday.

But here's a question no one can answer. If it goes Tits up for the 5 Counties that are pushing all this does that mean there gone or at least the lads pushing it is their position untenable ????? .....answers on a post card to.... Bunny Carr RTE .....

Remember Kildare and Tipp. We all got letters years ago stating we were no longer members of the NARGC. No explanation or reason given in the letters.

homerhop wrote:
    Remember Kildare and Tipp. We all got letters years ago stating we were no longer members of the NARGC. No explanation or reason given in the letters.

How did that happen?....or more exactly how where you walked into that one....??

Just heard a whisper of a meeting tonight in laois. Heard the 5 counties are thinking of pulling their e.g.m .anybody else hear anything

• Advertisement

Just heard a whisper of a meeting tonight in laois. Heard the 5 counties are thinking of pulling their e.g.m .anybody else hear anything

That's strange because I rang a mate in Offaly and he said their RGC wanted nothing more to do with the EGM and were happy to go to a regular Governing Body meeting and discuss the issues there.

He would know a fair few of the officers and they are not happy with how things are going, that its a bit out of control.

He said that one other of the 5 RGCs felt the same.

Got this from County Secretary :

The Chairman has asked me to clarify re next Saturday’s Meetings, as proposed, as there appears to be some confusion. So as to avoid any misunderstandings, here are the intended start times:

1. EGM No. 1 10.00 hrs
    2. Quarterly Meeting 11.00 hrs
    3. EGM No. 2 On conclusion of the General Meeting

Refreshments will be served from 9.45 a.m. onwards and a break for lunch will occur at approx 1pm.

I hope the lads that called EGM 1 no what they are doing!:eek:

Backbarrel wrote:
    The Chairman has asked me to clarify re next Saturday’s Meetings, as proposed, as there appears to be some confusion. So as to avoid any misunderstandings, here are the intended start times: 1. EGM No. 1 10.00 hrs 2. Quarterly Meeting 11.00 hrs 3. EGM No. 2 On conclusion of the General Meeting

That doesn't make sense. Have all the EGM together. What's the other EGMs'

Just out from our Gun Club AGM. So wasn't looking at boards. That's an interesting development?

That doesn't make sense. Have all the EGM together. What's the other EGMs'

The other EGMs are to elect a Treasurer and vice Chairman. Remember they were going to do that in June but [mod edit]the meeting was the subject of an injunction[/mod edit]...

Mod note:
    Folks, the situation still seems a little confused about whether there is a plenary hearing to come or not; but the ruling from Justice Murphy on the 29th does seem to give a little more leeway on discussions regardless.

To be clear though, it's not carte blanche; the rules surrounding defamation were not lifted by that ruling, she says clearly that what may be discussed is "[the NARGC's] options in respect of that litigation" where "that litigation" refers to "existing legal cases in which the organisation is a litigant". That's a little more circumscribed than "talk about whatever you want lads, nobody's allowed sue you no matter what you say" and if you were to defame someone while discussing such a case (at an NARGC GM or for that matter on boards or in the pub), while we're not solicitors, we don't think you'd be indemnified from a defamation lawsuit.

Short version: talk away, but please watch for any comments that might be considered grounds for defamation and don't make them :)

Thanks for the patience everyone, we know this has been at best awkward and at worst infuriating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭MrTom1

So why is there a EGM called for on sat @10am ??? To discuss why the NARGC is in court or is it coup to get rid of the chairman and secatary . It's very confusing indeed

Depends on what side your on?

I even heard today that the planned General meeting can't go ahead and if it does The Charman will be sued. Now if that's not trying to have everything go exactly as you want it, what is and a blatant attempt to stop certain things being discussed.

Depends on what side your on

I think people having sides picked is a big problem. It should be about the good of the association not about who people are friends with. Hopefully all the details will be made known tomorrow and things will be clearer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 678 ✭✭✭wirehairmax

What happened this morning?

What happened this morning?

From what I here from the Cavan delegates it was over by lunch time. The guys that took the EGM where "savaged" and struggled with their agenda.

Then a vote of confidence in the Executive and Chairman was supported. After that the counties that where pushing the EGM with drew all there points.

EGM for election of Officers was taken. DAN Curley in Monaghan is Vice Chair and Paul Doran Wexford is Tresurer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement