Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NARGC

Options
  • 03-05-2016 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Hi.

I was just wondering if it would be okay to have a thread for all things NARGC related.

There have been some changes this year and I think it would be good to share news and views. I was told that there is a change of venue for the National Clay Shoot this year. It is being held in Ardee on the 9th and 10th of July.

Also there is an EGM coming up some time in June to elect 2 officers after the Vice Chairman passed away and the Hon Treasurer resigned.

That will make the next meeting interesting..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭grassroot1

Does anyone know when the compensation forms are coming out?

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Backbarrel

Hi Grassroot

The 2016/17 Comp Forms were given to County Fund Officers a week ago or so. I know the lad in our RGC is processing them already for the deer stalkers to get their cards...

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭berettaman

Any news on who is running for the two officer positions?

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭richiedel123

berettaman wrote: »
    Any news on who is running for the two officer positions?

They will have to be nominated by each county. The list of nominees will be made public a few weeks before the meeting

Thanks Ritchie,

It can't be long now before the list of the nominated people is out. The EGM is in early June..

• Advertisement

Sound Ritchie,

I think the closing date for nominations is the 21st May.
    I kinda meant more along the line of has anybody heard who was running for what...
    Vice Chair is anybodys guess but Treasurer is less so. Lots of hardship with that job..

Did anyone go to the dog microchipping course?

What was that like?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

The compensation funds renewals are out since last week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭grassroot1

Thanks collected them on Tuesday

Berettaman,

I didn't hear any feedback on the microchipping course. I heard that the Comp Fund has been changed to cover anyone doing the microchipping. Fair play, that's a good idea..

Backbarrel,

Thanks for that, I don't think anyone would go do the microchipping unless they were covered by the Comp Fund.

I did a bit of asking around and it seems the fella from Wexford is going for the Treasurer job. He lost out by 1 vote in the election last October.

I haven't heard about anyone else.

The Vice Chair is anyone guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

Backbarrel wrote: »
    Hi.

I was just wondering if it would be okay to have a thread for all things NARGC related.

There have been some changes this year and I think it would be good to share news and views. I was told that there is a change of venue for the National Clay Shoot this year. It is being held in Ardee on the 9th and 10th of July.

Also there is an EGM coming up some time in June to elect 2 officers after the Vice Chairman passed away and the Hon Treasurer resigned.

That will make the next meeting interesting..

i heard that at a meeting last week. Chatting to a mate from kilkenny I believe the lad in wexford is **** hot, an accountant by all accounts but an out and out shooting man. I here Dan Curley from Monaghan is going for vice chair another gent....but we border lads are clicky......:p

i heard that at a meeting last week. Chatting to a mate from kilkenny I believe the lad in wexford is **** hot, an accountant by all accounts but an out and out shooting man. I here Dan Curley from Monaghan is going for vice chair another gent....but we border lads are clicky......:p

There is a something nice about a Monaghan man going for Vice Chair after Owen Mullhollands passing...Dan Curley seems a sound bloke..

I think an accountant for Treasurer could be what the Association needs right now for that position TBH ;)

I was talking to some Wexford lads at the weekend. Yer man from Wexford is on the Finance Committee and the National Executive. He is very straight down the line..very hard working.

He seemingly did a very good job in the county when he became Treasurer there.

Heard from an Offaly lad that the NARGC office is closed at the moment and might be closed for a few days. Will that delay the nominations going out?

Does anyone know what that is a bout?

Heard from an Offaly lad that the NARGC office is closed at the moment and might be closed for a few days. Will that delay the nominations going out?

The nominations have to be back by tomorrow for the vote on the 11th June. Our lads said it was the quietest election in history normally you get canvassed left right and centre.....we survived 70 days with no government what's a couple of days......

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭richiedel123

Was wondering why the phone was ringing out when I tried ring

Our County Secretary said the nomination papers came out again and had to be re submitted.. something to do with the Head office being closed for the time being..We picked the same people again anyway.

Also the All Ireland Clay shoot is in Ardee this year,, any good hotels near there...or do any of the Louth lads mind a tent in the garden??:D

Can't comment on why the nomination papers came out again but i am sure all will be cleared up soon.

On a separate matter I got dog insurance forms of my CFO and i reckon its good value. I lost a good dog last year to a car accident and i spent a fortune on vets fees for another dog so this year with the new dog i am stumping up for insurance.

berettaman wrote:
    Also the All Ireland Clay shoot is in Ardee this year,, any good hotels near there...or do any of the Louth lads mind a tent in the garden??
    Couple of hotels in Carrickmacross and Dundalk. Very little around Ardee

Shirley Arms in Carrickmacross is a good shout..

Really looking forward to this years All Ireland. This is the first time in a while it will be away from Lakelands.. Sure a change is as good as a rest.

I heard the Leinsters are clashing with other shoots so some teams won't be there but the All Ireland should be tasty..

• Advertisement

Looking forward to it. I hope the catering isn't as big a rip off. We told our county lads to write in a complaint.

Sure you border boys love an old moan:)

I heard the National Chairman and Clay Committee got stuck in and did a bit of a revamp of the ALL Ireland Clay Shoot. Had to sort the food problem anyway. We'll see how it goes.

I think the clay shoot should be built up to be more.. with that many lads going it would be as good as a mini game fair. I would bring the family if there was more stuff to do in it.

The All Ireland shoot is great and speaking as a clay and game shooter the potential of such an event is phenomenal.

Unfortunately I cant help thinking that lads wont think outside the box. I accept the comment we like a moan, we do and we told our county lads to write in and complain, if more Counties and clubs did this we would have a better Association. Lets be honest, €10.50 for a burger and chips and coke is just that, a rip off. I appreciate the hard work the refs do, safety officers and organisers, but the basics are lacking.

I had my tongue firmly in my cheek when I meantioned the moaning..
    The food arrangements the last couple of years was ridiculous. Heres my take; it should be all about the members.

Thats whats after happening this year. There are big changes underway in the Association and it is being brought about by 100% ordinary shooting lads with nothing but the good of the sport at heart.

You will hear and read all sorts but i know that this bunch want only the best for members of the NARGC.

I might not agree with everything they do but they are trying to turn an a big ship around and its not easy.

One thing they are not lacking is balls..that will be obvious soon enough..

Backbarrel wrote: »

You will hear and read all sorts but i know that this bunch want only the best for members of the NARGC.

I might not agree with everything they do but they are trying to turn an a big ship around and its not easy.

One thing they are not lacking is balls..that will be obvious soon enough..

This is true. The Chairman and Executive have some serious stones if half of what i hear is true. They brought controls on the finances and transparency to this association.
    When they did that the you know what hit the fan..some members may not know what is going on because their delegates dont tell them anything..
    Well we milk ours for info and for the first time in years i feel confident that the nargc is going in the right direction.
    Some people may not like that but it's not about them..it is about the members.
    I heard that an egm was called for Tuesday and i will definitely be there.

If what i heard is correct it is too important not to go. I have been complaining for years about how things were being done so now i am going to support the changes made.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭wirehairmax

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

So. that's today. I'll make a wish and blow out a candle, but it won't be wasted on this rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

[Mod note]
    Folks, as per the normal forum rules, that specific matter is sub judice so comment on it is not permitted at this time. The Times and Independent enjoy a large legal department that examine everything they publish before it's published and still get sued for technical contempt of court, so don't assume that because they've mentioned it that it's something we can talk about yet. It's up in court today, so just hold off a while longer, we'd rather not close threads unnecessarily. [/Mod Note]

Update:

Tuesdays EGM postponed.
    EGM Saturday 11 June to elect Treasurer and Vice Chair.

Governing Body Meeting as per usual after that.

I am still going as it should be interesting...to say the least..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

Update:

Tuesdays EGM postponed.
    EGM Saturday 11 June to elect Treasurer and Vice Chair.

Governing Body Meeting as per usual after that.

I am still going as it should be interesting...to say the least..

With a bit of luck they will finally rid themselves of certain individuals.

Advertisement