Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Westwood

so wheres the cheapest 5kg vanilla whey in the country?

answers on a postcard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

I think this is 1 of the best Protein supplements on the market at present & i have tried my fair share.
    http://www.discountsupplements.ie/protein-dymatize-elite-gourmet-p-131.html
    Im on my 3rd tub of this & iv made serious gains... I dont want to be too big around 13.5 to 14stone is my ideal weight im there now so going easier on the last tub & eating more protein foods steak chicken etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

Im thinking of also trying a prework out energy supplement like this 1 iv heard its good stuff any advice :rolleyes:?

http://www.discountsupplements.ie/workout-energy-nutrex-hemo-rage-black-ultra-concentrate-1037-p-275.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

ormondprop wrote: »

ended up ordereing this sunday and it arrived yesterday so +1 on delivery, took it after training lastnight, doesn't mix too well in a shaker and even looked a bit moist and lumpy in the tub, and not the tastiest stuff either but will have to wait and see how good it is

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

ormondprop wrote: »
    ended up ordereing this sunday and it arrived yesterday so +1 on delivery, took it after training lastnight, doesn't mix too well in a shaker and even looked a bit moist and lumpy in the tub, and not the tastiest stuff either but will have to wait and see how good it is

I got this stuff aswell, and I find it digusting....Ill be mixing it up with something else to get rid of the taste.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

SIX PACK wrote: »
    .. I dont want to be too big around 13.5 to 14stone is my ideal weight im there now so going easier on the last tub & eating more protein foods steak chicken etc

hmmm.
    SIX PACK wrote: »
    i don't want to eat too much protein so i'm eating more protein

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

MaxPower89 wrote: »
    I got this stuff aswell, and I find it digusting....Ill be mixing it up with something else to get rid of the taste.
    ya kinda tastes like a watered down milkshake mixed with sawdust,
    one of the lads had this stuff tonight http://completesupplements.ie/live/index.php?cPath=26&osCsid=4f1b9e59a20949c00eee89ef9aac32a3 at training in chocolate mint flavour and it was lovely and i'm not usually a fan of chocolate flavour stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 6 jade24

hi,

has anyone used Gaspari Superpump 250, just looking for any opinions before i buy, also looking for cheapest place to get it. my local place is a rip off for gaspari

thanks

jade

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

jade24 wrote: »
    hi,

has anyone used Gaspari Superpump 250, just looking for any opinions before i buy, also looking for cheapest place to get it. my local place is a rip off for gaspari

thanks

jade

How much is your local place?

Muscle fin do it for 28 quid (GBP) on tuesdays + postage of 5 quid. You can get up to 30 kg worth of stuff delivered for this though

I would just like to say that discountsupplements are a ****ing disgrace.

2 weeks and still no sign of my order?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Could someone please tell me the difference between Nut X Pro Matrix and Nut X Pro X Elite..............

I was thinking of trying the Matrix as some here seem to recommend it but I can pick up the elite as part of a bundle.

Can anyone clear this for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

I've never had more than a 2 day wait on delivery from them, I'd be all over them like a rash about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,236 ✭✭✭Esse85

Their a disgrace, I was waiting 3 weeks last month. I sent numerous emails after 2 weeks to cancel the order and refund me, they ignored my emails, customer service is awful too. My Dad signed for the package while I was out, if I had of been there, I wouldnt of signed for it. In fairness they used be very good, but I will never use them or recommend them again now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭wersal gummage

got some whey protein from bulkpowders. when i mix it the whole shaker just turns to foam with just a drop of drinkable stuff at the very bottom. i've never had this problem with any other protein shake before. i let it sit for ages but its still the same, get a little bit more out of the bottom of it. terrible stuff. anyone have this problem and what do you do to get around it ??? (blenders are no good because i dont have one and, if i do get one, i dont plan on carrying it around with me all day for when i have my shakes....).

Esse85 wrote: »
    Their a disgrace, I was waiting 3 weeks last month. I sent numerous emails after 2 weeks to cancel the order and refund me, they ignored my emails, customer service is awful too. My Dad signed for the package while I was out, if I had of been there, I wouldnt of signed for it. In fairness they used be very good, but I will never use them or recommend them again now.

What's the point in not signing for it?

Should have just stayed with myprotein, i emailed them thursday and no reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Gym Guy

Hi,

Cant decide which brand is better for Fitness supplements USN or MaxiMuscle any one any opinions? any advice would be appericated,
    Thanks,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Gym Guy

Hi,

Cant decide which brand is better for Fitness supplements USN or MaxiMuscle, any one any advice would be appericated,
    Thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭danlen

tbh every company will be pretty much equal in the quality of the main supplements like whey protein and creatine.

Creatine monohydrate is creatine monohydrate no matter what bag it comes in, and imo you shouldn't buy from a company solely on their how 'big' the company is (i.e. how much marketing power they have!).

While similarily whey protein is pretty much the same story, there can be slight differences between products such as the carb content. Some have more carbs (which usually means a better taste), so just have a look at the nutritional info for each product and choose your own preference.

All in all, i think you should choose by price per weight, rather than by product name.

Guys on here will suggest good sites for buying good supplements for cheap. I have used www.bulkpowders.co.uk recently and found them good. Previouly I have used www.myprotein.co.uk and found them excellent (but this is opening a whole other can of worms right now!)

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭SpookyBastard

Gym Guy wrote: »
    Hi,

Cant decide which brand is better for Fitness supplements USN or MaxiMuscle, any one any advice would be appericated,
    Thanks,

As has been said GymGuy, the basic supplements are pretty much the same. In many cases their whey is sourced from the same place etc. You can look at ordering in from the UK (bulkpowders or myprotein - who have an irish store now too) or from one of the many irish online stores. Mostly, find a price that suits you and find the products in that range. Try a couple as taste can vary and you're gonna be drinking a lot of the stuff so taste sorta matters :)

If your just starting out with supplements than maybe stick to the main two for the moment (protein and creatine mono). Maximuscle products can be a bit over priced really and you don't need to spend that much. Consider irish online stores rather than shopping in the actual physical shops, as you'll often save 15-20% off the cost. I personally use ON Whey but it's mostly a taste thing. You can get cheaper but I save 20% by buying it from Nutrition Connection's online store. They often have deals and offers too... I got a free tub of creatine mono on my last order so I got €140 euro's (shop price) worth of stuff for €93.

So yeah, check out the uk as an option and these irish online stores. See what price looks right and there you go. Whey is whey so don't worry about different brands too much.

http://www.sportsnutritionireland.ie
    http://www.nutritionconnection.ie/
    http://www.fitnessireland.ie/
    http://www.nutritionx.ie/
    http://www.universalnutrition.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,236 ✭✭✭Esse85

What's the point in not signing for it?

Should have just stayed with myprotein, i emailed them thursday and no reply.
    If it doesnt get signed for, it will eventually get sent back to the original company.

That is why.

• Advertisement

john_cappa wrote: »
    How much is your local place?

Muscle fin do it for 28 quid (GBP) on tuesdays + postage of 5 quid. You can get up to 30 kg worth of stuff delivered for this though

Not sure how much the superpump is or but the myofusion is €13 dearer than other places ive seen it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,546 ✭✭✭billyhead

Hi,

I have purchased items form My protein in the uk on one previous occasion before but when I try to get itsm this time around when checking out it states that the delivery number is not the same as the one on my credit card or someothing along them lines. What do you use? I am getting browned off trying to different postal code numbers etc.
    danlen wrote: »
    tbh every company will be pretty much equal in the quality of the main supplements like whey protein and creatine.

Creatine monohydrate is creatine monohydrate no matter what bag it comes in, and imo you shouldn't buy from a company solely on their how 'big' the company is (i.e. how much marketing power they have!).

While similarily whey protein is pretty much the same story, there can be slight differences between products such as the carb content. Some have more carbs (which usually means a better taste), so just have a look at the nutritional info for each product and choose your own preference.

All in all, i think you should choose by price per weight, rather than by product name.

Guys on here will suggest good sites for buying good supplements for cheap. I have used www.bulkpowders.co.uk recently and found them good. Previouly I have used www.myprotein.co.uk and found them excellent (but this is opening a whole other can of worms right now!)

Not sure how much the superpump is or but the myofusion is €13 dearer than other places ive seen it

Find that hard to believe to be honest, dont think the margins are there ti sell it that cheap. Muscle finesse are selling it for 35 GBP or 41 euro! Where can you get this for 28 quid? provide links!

(you can also get 10% of muscle finesse making the price only 37 euros)

Find that hard to believe to be honest, dont think the margins are there ti sell it that cheap. Muscle finesse are selling it for 35 GBP or 41 euro! Where can you get this for 28 quid? provide links!

(you can also get 10% of muscle finesse making the price only 37 euros)

I dont have a link but the supplement shop in newbridge (cant remember the name charge €50 for myofusion, like you i have seen it on offer for under €40 so that is a bit of a difference its the dearest place ive seen it

I dont have a link but the supplement shop in newbridge (cant remember the name charge €50 for myofusion, like you i have seen it on offer for under €40 so that is a bit of a difference its the dearest place ive seen it

Apologies! I thought you were saying you have seen somewhere selling myofusion 13 euro cheaper than Muscle finesse which would be super cheap lol!

Muscle finesse are usually the cheapest for branded supps.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,546 ✭✭✭billyhead

Can anyone suggest a cheap protein deal online? No rush on delivery times either so Uk site suggestions will do

Apologies! I thought you were saying you have seen somewhere selling myofusion 13 euro cheaper than Muscle finesse which would be super cheap lol!

Muscle finesse are usually the cheapest for branded supps.

great thanks, ive never heard of them il defo check them out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

has anyone here bought from HP Nutrition before. they seem to be fairly cheap so is there any reason to avoid or are they genuine?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

PHD whey protein / synergy 3 in 1 any opinions?? recommendations?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,024 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Esse85 wrote: »
    If it doesnt get signed for, it will eventually get sent back to the original company.

That is why.
    Which achieves what exactly?

Apart from you not getting a product you obviously wanted. And having to wait even longer to get it

Advertisement