Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great Dublin Bike Ride 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭conor_mc

Have a spare entry going for the 100k for 40e, PM me if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Paschcom

Start times?
    Are there diff start times for the 60k and 100k or can you start whenever you like? The FAQ only mention a 8am start for wave 1 - clear as mud!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,215 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Paschcom wrote: »
    Start times?
    Are there diff start times for the 60k and 100k or can you start whenever you like? The FAQ only mention a 8am start for wave 1 - clear as mud!

;)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=104577048&postcount=88

• Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭py

Event bag is a joke. Nothing in it but a cycling ireland flyer and the tshirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

py wrote: »

I'd go back to them, if I were you, I got an R.S.A. hi-viz arm band.

• Advertisement

Paschcom wrote: »
    Start times?

I got an email today, with instructions for Sunday, start times, start pens, baggage area etc.
    Check your spam.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭HivemindXX

Be aware that everyone gets a t-shirt, and if you paid extra you get a jersey in addition to that. If you've paid for it and they don't offer it then you should ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Rusty_Mectum

Doing then 60k here and my first time doing an event!

Am travelling from up the country and just wondering what time should I aim to be there for. Would experienced members reckon that 8 o clock would be time enough to arrive, or should we be there earlier?

I see the second wave starts roughly at 8:35 and 8:48!

Tried to email them via website, but this doesn't seem to be working

Doing then 60k here and my first time doing an event!

Am travelling from up the country and just wondering what time should I aim to be there for. Would experienced members reckon that 8 o clock would be time enough to arrive, or should we be there earlier?

I see the second wave starts roughly at 8:35 and 8:48!

Tried to email them via website, but this doesn't seem to be working

My 3rd year doing the 100. I intend being in Smithfield for 7am. I want my coffee and croissant before I start and want to meet up with a few friends. I also like to be there early. Having said that... an hour is a long time to be standing around if it's cold and raining!

Like 07, this will be my 3rd year doing the 100k.
    I will be there at 7.00am for an 8.00am start.
    If you're driving to the start, allow lots of time for parking and getting yourself sorted for the off.

It won't be raining and it will be pleasantly warm.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,331 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

is it the same route as last year? i will need to warn my mother in law.

is it the same route as last year? i will need to warn my mother in law.

Yes, it is.
    Tell her to give me a shout, as I pass by.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,331 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

she'll be helping out at the ICA coffee morning in garristown. i think they benefitted quite a bit last year from the placing of the feed zones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭fjon

Any weather experts there make a good guess what conditions will be like for the cycle? Will it be windy or rainy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭Doop

Bit of a novice here doing the 60km appreciate any guidance anyone can provide on the below..
    Plan to cycle into smithfield from home arrive at 8am to catch 8.35 wave.
    Will have one water bottle on the bike, thats all I was going to bring?
    Clothing - Wear padded cycling shorts/ jersey / waterproof (sort of) hi-vis jacket / helmet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

I hope the person who described that as a goodie bag does not have children :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

dub_skav wrote: »
    I hope the person who described that as a goodie bag does not have children :D

It'll set a low bar for them, everything will be a bonus in the future! :D

Here's a real goodie: I've a registration that I'm not using and at this stage not selling. It's for the 100km, anybody that wants it can have it free, gratis and for nothing. PM me for details, first to collect gets it.

I hate all that stuff...let's be honest..most of it ends up in the bin! I much prefer the option of being able to buy stuff if you want it.

They should do away with these bags and have a souvenir shop at the start area.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thejaguar

Here's a real goodie: I've a registration that I'm not using and at this stage not selling. It's for the 100km, anybody that wants it can have it free, gratis and for nothing. PM me for details, first to collect gets it.

I've a friend who was claiming lack of funds was the only reason he wasn't going to sign up this year. I'll check in with him and get back to you Hamza Loose Missionary if your entry is still available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

There was an RSA yellow armband in mine too. If you want it I can dig it out of the bin for you.....;)

• Advertisement

Doop wrote: »
    Bit of a novice here doing the 60km appreciate any guidance anyone can provide on the below..
    Plan to cycle into smithfield from home arrive at 8am to catch 8.35 wave.
    Will have one water bottle on the bike, thats all I was going to bring?
    Clothing - Wear padded cycling shorts/ jersey / waterproof (sort of) hi-vis jacket / helmet
    bring food - a few bars or similar, i'm not sure where the food stops are.
    do you have the required equipment to deal with a puncture?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Andy Magic

jesus christ the t-shirt is horrific.. Who designed that, it's not even blue it's teal green :confused:

Andy Magic wrote: »
    jesus christ the t-short is horrific.. Who designed that, it's not even blue it's teal green :confused:

I like it! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Rambling Man

fjon wrote: »
    Any weather experts there make a good guess what conditions will be like for the cycle? Will it be windy or rainy?

Rain:yes
    Wind: not too bad
    Weather expert: no

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thejaguar

bring food - a few bars or similar, i'm not sure where the food stops are.
    do you have the required equipment to deal with a puncture?

For the 100k the food stop has been in Garristown the last 2 years. About 60k in or thereabouts if I remember correctly.

Plenty of grub when you get there so no need to bring too much with you. Just have a decent breakfast and one or two things to keep you going if you need.

Edit: just had a look at the website:

We have 3 food stops along the course,
    Swords (60K route)
    Naul (100K route)
    National Sports Arena (60K and 100K routes)

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭heraldo

thejaguar wrote: »
    For the 100k the food stop has been in Garristown the last 2 years. About 60k in or thereabouts if I remember correctly.

Plenty of grub when you get there so no need to bring too much with you. Just have a decent breakfast and one or two things to keep you going if you need.

Actually I think for last years 100k, the food stop was at Ballyboughal GAA and I believe this year it's at the Naul GAA, Just before you take on Snowton. Should be fun! It's about 47k into the cycle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

There was no official food stop in Garristown last year anyway. There were 2 on the 100km, at Ballybooughal GAA and the National Sports Centre. Garristown was a cunningly timed cake sale and coffee morning, IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Any idea where the stops are on the 60k? Have only done the 100 before.

Might do the 100 on Wolfgang Beaterson next year just because.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Any idea where the stops are on the 60k? Have only done the 100 before.

Might do the 100 on Wolfgang Beaterson next year just because.

Swords and NSC for the 60, as per their FAQ.

• Advertisement

Garristown was a cunningly timed cake sale and coffee morning, IIRC.
    not so cunning, it took them completely by surprise.

Advertisement