Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great Dublin Bike Ride 2017

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

py wrote: »
    Particularly that god awful tshirt.
    conkennedy wrote: »
    Awful thing - as I put it - a cyclist wouldn’t wear it

I look awesome in mine at my pilates classes!! :pac:

(Wouldn't wear it on the bike in fairness though!)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

I look awesome in mine at my pilates classes!! :pac:

(Wouldn't wear it on the bike in fairness though!)

Thats mad. I wear mine to pilates as well.
    I don't look awesome!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

Eamonnator wrote: »
    I don't look awesome!!

Ok, maybe awesome was a bit over-enthusiastic! However, it is nice and long so that when you do those stretches with your hands above your head, the rest of the class are spared a view of your midriff! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Ranjo

I liked my t-shirt! Not as a cycling shirt ( I wore last year's on the cycle this year) but as a general fitness/gym shirt it's good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Ranjo wrote: »
    I liked my t-shirt! Not as a cycling shirt ( I wore last year's on the cycle this year) but as a general fitness/gym shirt it's good.

Do you look awesome in it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭conkennedy

Eamonnator wrote: »
    I don't look awesome!!

Note to self: Drop Yoga and take up Pilates....

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭conkennedy

py wrote: »
    Exactly as I put it too. I still wear my 2016 jersey that was included in the event pack. While it's not quality, it's free advertising for the event whereas this year's tshirt is going to sit inside a drawer for eternity.

Exactly, anywhoo - it's best practice at events like this that a jersey COMES standard as part of the entry fee and not as an additional purchase.

The event jersey is expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭HivemindXX

conkennedy wrote: »
    Exactly, anywhoo - it's best practice at events like this that a jersey COMES standard as part of the entry fee and not as an additional purchase.

The event jersey is expected.

Lots of people disagree. They already have plenty of jerseys and they don't want any more. As far as I'm concerned best practice is to give people the option to buy one if they want, which is what they did.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭cython

HivemindXX wrote: »
    Lots of people disagree. They already have plenty of jerseys and they don't want any more. As far as I'm concerned best practice is to give people the option to buy one if they want, which is what they did.

To be fair, I think the post you responded to could have been phrased better - it's standard/best practice that if you're going to pay 50+ quid to enter as was the cost here, that you'd get the event jersey as part of the entry if there is such a jersey, a la a lot of the An Post sportives in the past. RoK is another outlier, and they don't have much goodwill left among regular cyclists at this point either, but that's a matter for a whole other thread. Most people who complain about too many jerseys would rather pay a lesser entry fee and have the option rather than paying a premium for a jersey that they'll never wear again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Did anyone sign up to get the t-shirt delivered out after they ran out, anyone have any luck yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

mightyreds wrote: »
    Did anyone sign up to get the t-shirt delivered out after they ran out, anyone have any luck yet?

Still dont have mine ... resigned myself to not getting one now anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 11 micko2010

If you email info@greatdublinbikeride.ie with your size they should be able to send one out to you.

Advertisement