Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great Dublin Bike Ride 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Pure Loonamus

Hi Guys,

Looks like I am double booked for this and won't be able to make it. Have 2x tickets that I bought for €50, will let them go for €40 if anyone is interested send me a pm, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Boscoirl wrote: »
    Really should have looked at this in better detail, the timings are a pain for people not in dublin

Yes but even getting rolling road closures at that time was, I'm sure, a struggle with AGS. Trying to get them later would mean it just wouldn't happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Yes but even getting rolling road closures at that time was, I'm sure, a struggle with AGS. Trying to get them later would mean it just wouldn't happen.

Don't mind the start time can get there for that. It's the sign on times that are awkward. I have to be in Dublin on Sat before 4pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Boscoirl wrote: »
    Don't mind the start time can get there for that. It's the sign on times that are awkward. I have to be in Dublin on Sat before 4pm.

You can nominate someone afaik
    I'm sure someone on here will do the honours

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Will there be a lot of beginners at this?
    I'll probably want to start at the back of 60k Wave 2. Don't want to get in the way :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭py

Will there be a lot of beginners at this?
    I'll probably want to start at the back of 60k Wave 2. Don't want to get in the way :o

There will be people of all levels so don't worry. You'll soon find people of your own ability and have a good chat/craic along the way.

py wrote: »
    There will be people of all levels so don't worry. You'll soon find people of your own ability and have a good chat/craic along the way.

This. I'll be leading a group of beginners from work.

Just don't stress the inevitable jockeying for position in the first 5k.

Take it handy at the start and you'll probably end up passing plenty of the people that passed you again.

Yeah, there'll be a fair bit of movement in the first few Km but thankfully the quays are really wide so it wasn't an issue last year.

Well this is pretty useless to me for cycling :rolleyes:
    https://twitter.com/DublinBikeRide/status/906159997217853440

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Im signed up for the 100km but regretfully wont be able to make it, if anyone is interested I will sell for €40.

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Esroh

As I will be in Dublin I am thinking of signing up for the 60. I would love to do this on my High Nelly.
    Its geared 16 x 46 and weighs a tonne. I just wondering are there any slopes which might cause a problem. Not overally fit at the moment.

Esroh wrote: »
    As I will be in Dublin I am thinking of signing up for the 60. I would love to do this on my High Nelly.
    Its geared 16 x 46 and weighs a tonne. I just wondering are there any slopes which might cause a problem. Not overally fit at the moment.

There's a drag towards the airport other than that the biggest actual "hill" is the flyover bridge at Ashtown.

There's a little bump at the end of Malahide village too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Esroh

There's a drag towards the airport other than that the biggest actual "hill" is the flyover bridge at Ashtown.

There's a little bump at the end of Malahide village too.
    Thanks for that. Sounds like it would be grand. Ill be in no rush .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

I have a registration I'll not now be using.
    100km, I paid €45, will let it go for €35.

This is still available if anybody is thinking of a late entry.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Frank Drebin

I registered for the 100k some time ago and opted for the delivery of number and t-shirt to my home. I think I paid an extra fiver for this.
    The ride is next Sunday and no sign of my number. I'm a little concerned.
    I can't find any info on the confirmation emails or website stating when the numbers will be shipped. In fact in the FAQs on the website I can't find any mention of this. In the 'when will I receive my number' section, they only make mention of collection of numbers at registration in Smithfield square.

Anyone received their numbers yet? Or have any idea if these will be mailed out this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

I registered for the 100k some time ago and opted for the delivery of number and t-shirt to my home. I think I paid an extra fiver for this.
    I can't find any info on the confirmation emails or website stating when the numbers will be shipped. In fact in the FAQs on the website I can't find any mention of this. In the 'when will I receive my number' section, they only make mention of collection of numbers at registration in Smithfield square.

Anyone received their numbers yet? Or have any idea if these will be mailed out this week?

Registration only closed on fri eve and the option for postage stopped earlier last week. I'd say they'll be doing a huge mail shot of them all starting tomorrow morning if not done already. Don't stress it, you'll have it before the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

Hope the weather next Sunday is like it was yesterday!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

I think that depends on the part of the country you were in, the ride to Blessington was it's usual wet & mucky experience.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,477 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Hope the weather next Sunday is like it was yesterday!
    "Next Weekend: Changeable regime looks set to continue with further spells of wet and windy weather, especially in the north and west, but some drier, brighter and more settled interludes at times too. "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

My sons package just came thru the post with the T-shirt and number...still waiting on mine ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Ranjo

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭purcela

The t-shirt is disappointing instead of a jersey. No pockets on the back to put food and accessories in for a 100km spin.

purcela wrote: »
    The t-shirt is disappointing instead of a jersey. No pockets on the back to put food and accessories in for a 100km spin.

Yup, it's bollocks. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

purcela wrote: »

In fairness to the organisers, they never said that it was a cycling jersey.

Just received my number pack ... but no T-Shirt ... just a note saying i can pick one up from sign in on Thurs/Fri or Saturday ... just defeats the object of paying extra to have it all delivered as i cant be up there till late Saturday ... My Son, who lives at the same address as me, had his delivered with the T Shirt enclosed .. makes no sense to me :):D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Robxxx7 wrote: »
    Just received my number pack ... but no T-Shirt ... just a note saying i can pick one up from sign in on Thurs/Fri or Saturday ... just defeats the object of paying extra to have it all delivered as i cant be up there till late Saturday ... My Son, who lives at the same address as me, had his delivered with the T Shirt enclosed .. makes no sense to me :):D

It's worse, according to their FB page the Tshirts are on a first come first served basis, size wise, so you may end up getting something completely unsuitable despite paying the same fee as everyone else.

Tabnabs wrote: »
    It's worse, according to their FB page the Tshirts are on a first come first served basis, size wise, so you may end up getting something completely unsuitable despite paying the same fee as everyone else.
    Wouldn't surprise me ... just to add ..a second package had just arrived ... this has the cycling jersey i purchased at the same time as registering ... they could have quite easily put the T Shirt into either of the 2 packages :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

I cycled up around N.C.D. this morning. I noticed the signs for Dublin Bike Ride are up. I was also delighted to see that all the villages around the North County are getting in on the act. They all have flags and banners flying from telegraph poles. It's great to see them so welcoming of cyclists.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

There were signs in Ballyboughal and Naul a week ago. ASsuming the food stop is in Naul and would be jammed, there's a nice cafe in Ballyboughal and Probably somewhere in Garristown and Ratoath for stopping.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

"Next Weekend: Changeable regime looks set to continue with further spells of wet and windy weather, especially in the north and west, but some drier, brighter and more settled interludes at times too. "

The Syrian Regime?

Advertisement