Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hisense 43" 4k

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

richy wrote: »
    I looked but I cant find a measuring tape. The feet stick out at most 3 inches before the end either side. The TV according to online is 110 cm wide which is 43 inches. So if your tv stand is 36 inches or more in length it will fit.

Sorry couldnt be more accurate.

That's great, thanks. I've to put the TV at an angle on the unit and I don't think the legs will fit.

43inch it'll have to be so.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭cian8

Just ordered this. Thanks OP.

Hate shopping for this kind of stuff - the more reviews I read the more conflicted I get!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

will56 wrote: »
    That's great, thanks. I've to put the TV at an angle on the unit and I don't think the legs will fit.

43inch it'll have to be so.

At the widest point the feet are 35.5 inches apart and ten inches from back to front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,877 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'm thinking about this myself and what's winning out for me is it has 4 HDMI ports.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Tempted by this also.. half thinking of waiting to see what comes up on Black Friday on the other hand.. decisions decisions :confused:

south wrote: »
    At the widest point the feet are 35.5 inches apart and ten inches from back to front.

Definitely won't suit so, damn!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

Would this be okay for playing Xbox360 on?

Ordered it (the 43").
    Due to arrive early next week so I'll stick up some comments on it then.

We were debating about waiting for Black Friday/Cyber Monday but figured it was unlikely that we'd pick up a 4k for <€400.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

does the 40" & 43" have a freesat & Saorview tuner?

I had a tv from a different brand and it crashed and hung when switching a channel from one tuner to the other.

Anything like this say switching from RTE to BBC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Be most curious what 1080p content looks like on this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

bur wrote: »
    Be most curious what 1080p content looks like on this.

What would be piqueing your curiosity?
    Do you feel there might be an issue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭clancger

Seller looks dodgy, ParcelMotel address being rejected

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Del007

testicles wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Surely that can't be right???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Del007 wrote: »

The give away is when they supply an email address asking you to discuss it off site.

SCAM!!!

The give away is when they supply an email address asking you to discuss it off site.

SCAM!!!

Them and similar are popping up fairly regular on Amazon. Always get my hopes up when I get a Camel Camel alert :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,505 ✭✭✭Nollog

eoinf wrote: »

I had a tv from a different brand and it crashed and hung when switching a channel from one tuner to the other.

i get bad quality bbc channels from accross the border and saorview with it.
    if i was bothered to get a decent antenna id get them all perfect.

the epg is a bit slow (only when opening and closing) but they improved it last update. other than that its as fast as any digital tv switching channels.

Can you put any app that you like on this tv? Showbox/kodi or similar apps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭WhoWhatWhere

degsie wrote: »
    Your OP is requesting input. That is the definition of a request.

Bargain alerts requests are for bargian requests, i.e., requesting a bargain, i.e., did anyone hear of any bargains on this item.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭carolmon

hi i'm looking for a smart tv and this one looks very good for the price, just checking with anybody who has it can I get the Irish channels on this? I have a satellite dish and combi box at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭SteM

As far as I can see it doesn’t run Android so no Showbox. Doubt Kodi would run on it either unless there's a version built for whatever OS Hisense run which is doubtful.

The only smart TVs I've seen that run Showbox and Kodi natively are the ones that are based on the Android OS like the Sony TVs.

it has a little app store. not much on there really. lots of stuff from lots of random countries.

i use an android box with it at 4k60fps. everything is upscaled bar the stuff i have locally that doesnt play very well on the android box i have. the tv itself plays them better via the network but youd need to be all cabled up for 4k to work. it has an rj45 ethernet port if you want to do that.
    carolmon wrote: »
    hi i'm looking for a smart tv and this one looks very good for the price, just checking with anybody who has it can I get the Irish channels on this? I have a satellite dish and combi box at the moment

your boxes have the decoders in them. any tv would work with set top boxes.
    it does get saorview and freeview broadcast signals from air no problem though. dvbt2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

if I use a HTPC on a 4K tv do I need to buy one of the 4K displayport to HDMI adapters or will the older one do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Skerries wrote: »
    if I use a HTPC on a 4K tv do I need to buy one of the 4K displayport to HDMI adapters or will the older one do

HDMI 2.0 you want

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

//ollog wrote: »

i get bad quality bbc channels from accross the border and saorview with it.
    if i was bothered to get a decent antenna id get them all perfect.

the epg is a bit slow (only when opening and closing) but they improved it last update. other than that its as fast as any digital tv switching channels.

sorry maybe i should've been clearer.

I ment switching between tuners say from BBC on Freesat to RTE on Saorview and vice versa.

IE would i get away without using my combi box which is showing its age at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭cavan4sam

Looking at the 55 inch 4k model ...would i be just going overboard paying 750stg for the hdr model or safe enough going for the 4k model for 529stg considering my internet speeds are just 12-15mbps at the minute ???

cavan4sam wrote: »
    Looking at the 55 inch 4k model ...would i be just going overboard paying 750stg for the hdr model or safe enough going for the 4k model for 529stg considering my internet speeds are just 12-15mbps at the minute ???

If you have the extra to futureproof? I don't think anyone streams HDR at the moment though?

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭vjmcdonnell

cavan4sam wrote: »

I have the 55 inch model and got an update on Tuesday which includdes support for HDR.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/hisense/55m3300/hise-55m3300

Bought from Richer Sounds in Belfast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

I have the 55 inch model and got an update on Tuesday which includdes support for HDR.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/hisense/55m3300/hise-55m3300

Bought from Richer Sounds in Belfast

Notice any difference?

• Advertisement

Been at work most of the week so will be giving it a good spin at the weekend.

Even before the update, its a lot to telly for the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭cavan4sam

Good stuff I'll keep an eye here to see how ye get on

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Also interested, seems like a great deal. Wondering how hard mounting it would be vs getting a stand for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

its VESA compatible so any VESA mount that goes to the size of the backplate will fit. Richer Sounds mention a 200 x 200 VESA required for the 55". They're not heavy.

sorry maybe i should've been clearer.

I ment switching between tuners say from BBC on Freesat to RTE on Saorview and vice versa.

IE would i get away without using my combi box which is showing its age at this stage.
    switching input? it has a huge on screen menu so thatll slow you.
    the actual switching is almost instant its just the menu system that slows it.
    Also interested, seems like a great deal. Wondering how hard mounting it would be vs getting a stand for it.
    me too i have it on two bedside tables since i bought it in august.

id like a wall mount. it has the vesa holes would like some input from anyone whos mounted it before.

From memory its less tha 15kg, compared to my old 42 inch Philips its a feather weight

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

how does SD output look on these 4k tellys??

philstar wrote: »

The same as on any TV. it won't upscale afaik and if you watch 4K content and drop to SD definition you'll notice the difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

The same as on any TV. it won't upscale afaik and if you watch 4K content and drop to SD definition you'll notice the difference.

What about using an Xbox 360 on this? Would it be playable? The only game I play is pes 2016 but the tv needs to be okay for this! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

What about using an Xbox 360 on this? Would it be playable? The only game I play is pes 2016 but the tv needs to be okay for this! :D

I thinking how would battlefield 1 look like on this, would it be a good to for gaming? One of the reviews on richer sounds for the HDR model suggests it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭wush06

Got the 43" a few weeks back for £299 and have to say it's a great to for the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭kyeev

Wisesmurf wrote: »
    its VESA compatible so any VESA mount that goes to the size of the backplate will fit. Richer Sounds mention a 200 x 200 VESA required for the 55". They're not heavy.
    Mine is wall mounted. Bought a bracket from Amazon for 8 quid. There's actually a nice bit of room behind the TV so we've hidden the Wii u and a hardrive behind it. Tidy...

tonic wine wrote: »
    I thinking how would battlefield 1 look like on this, would it be a good to for gaming? One of the reviews on richer sounds for the HDR model suggests it is.

Wait for PS4 Pro ;)

ive actually never tried my console on it. hdmi 1 and 2 do 4k30 3 and 4 do 4k60 so you could put them in hdmi 1 or 2 no problem.
    kyeev wrote: »
    Mine is wall mounted. Bought a bracket from Amazon for 8 quid. There's actually a nice bit of room behind the TV so we've hidden the Wii u and a hardrive behind it. Tidy...
    can you share the link for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭kyeev

/\/ollog wrote: »
    ive actually never tried my console on it. hdmi 1 and 2 do 4k30 3 and 4 do 4k60 so you could put them in hdmi 1 or 2 no problem.

can you share the link for that?
    Duronic TVB777 for 8.99.
    I bought this particular bracket as it is not too flush to the wall. Allows room to get your hand in for connecting wires and I can sit the Wii u behind TV.
    My Samsung TV is on a very flush bracket i.e. tight to the wall, and while it looks a bit tidier, it's very difficult to get your hand in to connect wires etc. I just about fit a hardrive behind it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭richy

I just got BF1 and this tv. Played them over last 2 days. Looked really good albeit I have an xbox one not an S or whatever. Was worried about input lag as cheaper tvs have them and its supposed to be a big negative for gaming but havent notice it myself and I consider myself a pretty good FPS. Doesnt mean its not lagging though. Have no way to test.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

philstar wrote: »

how about regular HD? does it still look sharp or does it show up the imperfections?

Make sure you get a wall mount that sticks out from the wall a bit. I have the 65" and it's a bloody nightmare to access the back of the tv

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Was gonna buy the 40 inch but Amazon wants 20 GPB or so for shipping - I thought I read here it was free to Ireland?
    Also does anyone buy the insurance or nah?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Was gonna buy the 40 inch but Amazon wants 20 GPB or so for shipping - I thought I read here it was free to Ireland?
    Also does anyone buy the insurance or nah?

Did you tick the box for free delivery?

• Advertisement
Advertisement