Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anc and Bps 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭MIKEKC

Go on, tell us the reasonable figures? ;)
    First e35300 taxed at 20% for single person less personal alllowances which would differ according to circumstances, so little tax payable on this. If ANC BPS and more are paid the income must be fairly high

Sacrolyte wrote: »
    When you assume
    You make an ASS out of U and ME

From the post I think my reply was reasonable. Where did the word assume originate if it wasn't meant to be used ? Perhaps it should be remover from our vocabulary ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,164 ✭✭✭✭Base price

MIKEKC wrote: »
    First e35300 taxed at 20% for single person less personal alllowances which would differ according to circumstances, so little tax payable on this. If ANC BPS and more are paid the income must be fairly high
    IF....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,164 ✭✭✭✭Base price

As as aside and a reminder of a song called "IF" for us elder lemons - David Gates and Bread - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6_efthmkAQ
    This track was one of my favourites - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdO_B52vxhY

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Sacrolyte

MIKEKC wrote: »
    From the post I think my reply was reasonable. Where did the word assume originate if it wasn't meant to be used ? Perhaps it should be remover from our vocabulary ?

I would have thought that with your obvious perceptive thinking you would have assumed it was a joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Sheep breeder

Damo810 wrote: »
    Issue with entitlements leased off a farmer who died this year, leased from his wife through an agent. Dept sent out correspondence via agfood looking for info (presumably re his death) which they didn't submit/notice. Only for i noticed payment was lower than it should of been I may never have known, all info I'm told has been sent in. Call Dept 3-4 times about it and different story every time. Called today and was advised to "Keep calling, the more you call the more likely they are to act" referring to a certain section in the Dept who handle transfers, but cannot be phone. I'll survive without it but it's incredibly frustrating that you cannot get a straight answer.

When you ring up look for the transfer of entitlement section, you would have got notice to say the transfer had gone through.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Sheep breeder

whelan2 wrote: »
    There are 2 parcels on mine that it says the mea is 0.0. I dont know what mea is, but I assume they are they parcels the satellite inspection is dealing with. This is also knocking my nitrates out of line. So annoying at this stage

The MEA area is the max area you can claim, above this is an over claim. If the two parcels are at 0.0 the satellite inspection has not being carried out, went through this 2 years ago and got a helpful guy one day who explained it and sorted it out, he told me the ones answering the phone were only logging calls and not fixing problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,151 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Base price wrote: »
    Did you contact the IFA to help/assist with your issue. AFAIK you can sign a GDPR document to release the IFA to representative you so that they can work on your behalf.

I rang ifa about 2 or 3 weeks ago. Might ring them again today. What harm could it do....

Rang ifa. They cant really do anything. My teagasc advisor is acting on my behalf so no point ifa doing it. They put out a press release yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Damo810

When you ring up look for the transfer of entitlement section, you would have got notice to say the transfer had gone through.

I asked and they said they dont take calls as "Nothing would get done". The transfer hasn't been processed is the problem.

• Advertisement

I would have thought that with your obvious perceptive thinking you would have assumed it was a joke.

Thought poster might elaborate

• Registered Users Posts: 21,144 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Thought that would be obvious that you're crossing a personal boundary.

Rang today. No news. There will be no more advance payments until after the payment run in early December. I said will I still be waiting for my money after Christmas and she said hopefully not....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Rang today. No news. There will be no more advance payments until after the payment run in early December. I said will I still be waiting for my money after Christmas and she said hopefully not....

Translation next year sometime
    Dáil question
    Not acceptable to be adhering to Europes strictest regime and have this carry on
    At a time too when beef prices are so low
    And in the run up to Brexit
    There should be blue murder

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Translation next year sometime
    Dáil question
    Not acceptable to be adhering to Europes strictest regime and have this carry on
    At a time too when beef prices are so low
    And in the run up to Brexit
    There should be blue murder

The girl - Margaret- was very nice and did apologise. She said to ring anytime, I said sure it doesn't make any difference ringing .

She has nothing to do with it though
    All she does is view your file on her screen, sees if anything is back and if not says ring again
    Each call you make there IS NOT moving your case on
    Nor is it alerting anyone

She has nothing to do with it though
    All she does is view your file on her screen, sees if anything is back and if not says ring again
    Each call you make there IS NOT moving your case on
    Nor is it alerting anyone

I ask each time is there anything I can do to speed it up. Each time I'm told no, it's a matter of waiting until the report is sent back, on which there is no timeframe.

That's a stock answer
    There is something you can do
    There is an election coming up

You get onto a government TD and tell him you're about to arrange an IFA public meeting on the matter

That's a stock answer
    There is something you can do
    There is an election coming up

You get onto a government TD and tell him you're about to arrange an IFA public meeting on the matter

They'd laugh. Ifa have been useless on this issue tbh

That's because no one is raising it enough
    I mean IFA cannot read your mind
    You need to go into your local office and organise
    Politicians would not laugh
    I know this
    On 2 occasions I've had Dâil questions solve payment delays
    One for SFP and one for tb compensation ,it caused quite a ruckus
    Anyhow my advice is given
    I'll say no more
    But my advice is given now

• Advertisement

Rang this morning. My report is back but there’s a problem. And so it continues. It shows up on my ag food now that I have less hectares than entitlements.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,069 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

The question has to be asked , are you a hardship case.
    I'd organise payment years ago, but never had to do it for a dairy farmer.
    You have your monthly cheque, there's farmers this year that can't sell their cattle.
    If they're answering phones they're not processing payments, simples.
    You're turning huge money, surely you can shuffle it around, the money will come

wrangler wrote: »
    The question has to be asked , are you a hardship case.
    I'd organise payment years ago, but never had to do it for a dairy farmer.
    You have your monthly cheque, there's farmers this year that can't sell their cattle.
    If they're answering phones they're not processing payments, simples.
    You're turning huge money, surely you can shuffle it around, the money will come
    How can they process payments if the satellite inspections aren't back.

How can they process payments if the satellite inspections aren't back.

Phoning every week isn't going to speed them up, I was told a mth ago that the sheep payment was out, finally got it today, never phoned anyone, the money always comes, It's the public service after all and ye all think I'm too hard on them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭Charliebull

I ask each time is there anything I can do to speed it up. Each time I'm told no, it's a matter of waiting until the report is sent back, on which there is no timeframe.

i had same sh!te last year, keep ringing, but im afraid all you can do is wait, my payments eventually started to roll around end November but all was delayed

if its any consolation i have all paid up on time this year

Phoning every week isn't going to speed them up, I was told a mth ago that the sheep payment was out, finally got it today, never phoned anyone, the money always comes, It's the public service after all and ye all think I'm too hard on them

Aren't ya great.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Rang this morning. My report is back but there’s a problem. And so it continues. It shows up on my ag food now that I have less hectares than entitlements.

i had same last year, ring them up, if its not a huge amount tell them you verbally agree to reduction, usually moves it forward or it did for me last year or else you have to wait for letter to issue, you have to send back agreement

Aren't ya great.

I think so anyway :D

I think Whelans point was,the lady answering the phone has nothing to do with processing...
    Your second point on shur you're big enough an almost you don't need it is just Do Lally

• Advertisement

Do heavy rushes still cause problems

Advertisement