Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anc and Bps 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,090 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

whelan2 wrote: »
    I wonder how long it will take to process the over 500 that are left?

Once they say a figure there could be anything left, how are you to contradict it or anyone outside the office, there could be any number left

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

wrangler wrote: »
    I was aware that errors caused a huge delay every year but you'd think farmers would get it right by now

There's been over 6 months since the applications went in. Any overclaims or double claims would be flagged on the Dept computers within days but it still takes months before the correspondence is sent out.

Mine was delayed one year because someone else claimed a section of my land. Until he responded to Dept satisfaction, neither of us were paid. No fault of mine but I was still left unpaid for months despite no fault of mine.

I was delayed while waiting for satellite inspection images to be digitised. It only started in October though the images were months old at that stage, I found out afterwards.

Despite what Creeds press release says, there's more issues with delays in payments inside his own door than there is outside it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Tileman

Got my glas paymebt today. Is the % paid back a bit this year v last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭6600

There's been over 6 months since the applications went in. Any overclaims or double claims would be flagged on the Dept computers within days but it still takes months before the correspondence is sent out.

Mine was delayed one year because someone else claimed a section of my land. Until he responded to Dept satisfaction, neither of us were paid. No fault of mine but I was still left unpaid for months despite no fault of mine.

I was delayed while waiting for satellite inspection images to be digitised. It only started in October though the images were months old at that stage, I found out afterwards.

Despite what Creeds press release says, there's more issues with delays in payments inside his own door than there is outside it.

There was a letter sent to my adviser in June highlighting a mistake and then another in July saying they were proceeding with the original application as they had not got a reply. I only noticed this a few weeks ago online but I may set up my contact details properly so I get a copy of all correspondence as it is me had to fix it. I don't think the dept could have done much more tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Tileman

Tileman wrote: »
    Got my glas paymebt today. Is the % paid back a bit this year v last year?

The Reason for my my deduction was a 170€ fine for admin penalty. Seems harsh considering it was their mistake originally.
    Is it worth appealing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Sacrolyte

The Reason for my my deduction was a 170€ fine for admin penalty. Seems harsh considering it was their mistake originally.
    Is it worth appealing

Let sleeping dogs lie

Is it worth appealing
    Sacrolyte wrote: »
    Let sleeping dogs lie

I'd say appeal. You've nothing to lose, the money is already withheld so if they've made a mistake, they owe you the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭mr.stonewall

Balance of sfp now showing in financial services under amounts due

• Registered Users Posts: 29,227 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Nothing here yet. Ring again Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭Sugarbowl

My balance is showing too due to be paid Monday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,182 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Showing in mine too.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭tellmeabit

Showing here also. But a financial discipline showing... wasn't late, have more ground than claimed. What's up with that!?
    Suppose ring and ask

Showing in greening and young farmer amounts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

tellmeabit wrote: »
    Showing here also. But a financial discipline showing... wasn't late, have more ground than claimed. What's up with that!?
    Suppose ring and ask

I am seeing that too on mine (my SFP is only small, so the financial discipline is small too, less than 20euro, but still)

Anyone know what it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭barnaman

Lads read the terms!!!

"In the context of the annual budgetary procedure of the European Union, the financial discipline mechanism which is implemented by the Member States involves a monetary deduction from some direct payments thereby creating a financial Crisis Reserve for the European Union. The crisis reserve is intended to provide additional support for the agricultural sector in the case of major crises affecting agricultural production or distribution. In the event that the Crisis Reserve is not activated in the financial year, or it is not fully utilised, the balance not used is refunded to farmers in the subsequent financial year, hence this reimbursement.

https://www.agriculture.gov.ie/press/pressreleases/2017/june/title,108686,en.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭ruwithme

barnaman wrote: »
    Lads read the terms!!!

"In the context of the annual budgetary procedure of the European Union, the financial discipline mechanism which is implemented by the Member States involves a monetary deduction from some direct payments thereby creating a financial Crisis Reserve for the European Union. The crisis reserve is intended to provide additional support for the agricultural sector in the case of major crises affecting agricultural production or distribution. In the event that the Crisis Reserve is not activated in the financial year, or it is not fully utilised, the balance not used is refunded to farmers in the subsequent financial year, hence this reimbursement.

https://www.agriculture.gov.ie/press/pressreleases/2017/june/title,108686,en.html

Reads like we will get it all and more back with poor finished beef prices. things are looking up

Yeah refund notmally comes back in July. But I wonder if BEAM scheme funded out of it??

Mine showing up for the 2nd but still no sign of the ANC:mad:

Stop showing off your good farm of land Buford! Prob more mud on the jeep than out on the farm. Some of the lads on here hoping for a bit of relgious revial so they can flog some St Brigids crosses.

ANC delay normally not reaching stocking requirements. You have stock 12 months?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Hyland17

tellmeabit wrote: »
    Suppose ring and ask

Is this your first year for young farmers? It's mine and I'm waiting for everything and nothing has changed on agfood

barnaman wrote: »
    Stop showing off your good farm of land Buford! Prob more mud on the jeep than out on the farm. Some of the lads on here hoping for a bit of relgious revial so they can flog some St Brigids crosses.

ANC delay normally not reaching stocking requirements. You have stock 12 months?

Yeah, everything in order. Getting kicked out of it so they're not even processing ours yet.

There'll be a fun canvass here when the election is called.

• Advertisement

Was talking to a friend the other night. He is in the same boat as me no payments at all yet and he hasnt rang the department at all yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭mayota

Was talking to a friend the other night. He is in the same boat as me no payments at all yet and he hasnt rang the department at all yet

He’s probably as far along as you. My Dad would be like that, would just wait. I’d have to ring.

mayota wrote: »
    He’s probably as far along as you. My Dad would be like that, would just wait. I’d have to ring.

He doesn't even know what the hold up is. I was going ring ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭newholland mad

No money here either. But the difference here is I'm wore out ringing. Lady on Friday said that there's only a small % outstanding, ye right I thought. Seemingly these sat inspections are done by an outside company when I asked for a number for the satellite inspections department

No money here either. But the difference here is I'm wore out ringing. Lady on Friday said that there's only a small % outstanding, ye right I thought. Seemingly these sat inspections are done by an outside company when I asked for a number for the satellite inspections department

There seems to be a big backlog on the satellite inspections. Apparently they are coming back regularly. I will ring next week and be a bit firmer as the main payment date will be passed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Neddyusa

He doesn't even know what the hold up is. I was going ring ffs

Unfortunately Mayota is right - the call-centre people on the end of the phone are not able to change anything. In fact they can see very little more detail than you would yourself on Agfood!
    Your neighbour who never rang is just as far on.
    The only way to get your case bumped up the queue is pressure from a good TD. That's what i'd recommended.
    Hope you get it before Christmas anyway.

Neddyusa wrote: »
    Unfortunately Mayota is right - the call-centre people on the end of the phone are not able to change anything. In fact they can see very little more detail than you would yourself on Agfood!
    Your neighbour who never rang is just as far on.
    The only way to get your case bumped up the queue is pressure from a good TD. That's what i'd recommended.
    Hope you get it before Christmas anyway.

No politician or anyone can speed up the satellite inspection

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

True but to be fair,its politicians that created the process
    Ergo it is them that need to be lobbied to make it a fairer system, a reasonable one

Now a question for everyone

The balance of my bps is being shown as paid
    But no sign of the balance of ANC,either in amounts due or in amounts paid

What's the story there? Can anyone see the balance of their anc and where?

The satellite inspections were done months ago now.
    It's the dept and mapping company staff you're waiting on now to update your BPS map based on the inspection outcome to enable payment.

• Advertisement

Mortelaro wrote: »
    True but to be fair,its politicians that created the process
    Ergo it is them that need to be lobbied to make it a fairer system, a reasonable one

Now a question for everyone

The balance of my bps is being shown as paid
    But no sign of the balance of ANC,either in amounts due or in amounts paid

What's the story there? Can anyone see the balance of their anc and where?

No sign of it yet.
    Was due to "commence ANC balancing payments from early December"
    Going on past DAFM form with changes to payment dates - that could be any time in the next three months!
    You'll get warning anyway because Creed will be out with a self-congratatory press release the week before.
    On another note - with your 6 week winter's and good ground - how are you in an ANC area?!

Advertisement