Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anc and Bps 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Tanko1414

MIKEKC wrote: »
    Was in the exact same situation myself. It was 49 years ago, with the passage of time one forgets how difficult it can be. Best of luck for the future. If I could give you one bit of advice it would not to overstretched yourself. It's not worth the mental pressure. I think it was Wrangler that said something similar in a recent post
    It's difficult I went to bank to get overdraft on account in order to pay some bills but was refused. I am left wondering was it worth taking on the farm, it was a mess I was trying to improve things and think I made a mistake, i was unable to work due to health problems but always enjoyed the farm and decided to take it on as I find it therapeutic being outdoors, I really enjoy it and I am not moaning but ya I was reliant on payment for this year... I have rang all those who done work for me and they truly do understand my situation I just hate owing money and it stresses me. The finance company are putting huge pressure for payment over due for tractor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Tanko1414 wrote: »
    It's difficult I went to bank to get overdraft on account in order to pay some bills but was refused. I am left wondering was it worth taking on the farm, it was a mess I was trying to improve things and think I made a mistake, i was unable to work due to health problems but always enjoyed the farm and decided to take it on as I find it therapeutic being outdoors, I really enjoy it and I am not moaning but ya I was reliant on payment for this year... I have rang all those who done work for me and they truly do understand my situation I just hate owing money and it stresses me. The finance company are putting huge pressure for payment over due for tractor

Sorry to hear that, Tanko.

All I can say is keep the faith and ring them every day. Also, a call to your local IFA office and explain your difficulty to them in keeping cash flow going to pay bills unless this money comes.

I had to do it myself a couple of years ago and cash flow was tight after putting up a shed in a bad year as well. They came through for me and it's a service you are entitled to use. They will have heard the same story plenty of times before so don't be in the least bit embarrassed about picking up the phone to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,088 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Sorry to hear that, Tanko.

All I can say is keep the faith and ring them every day. Also, a call to your local IFA office and explain your difficulty to them in keeping cash flow going to pay bills unless this money comes.

I had to do it myself a couple of years ago and cash flow was tight after putting up a shed in a bad year as well. They came through for me and it's a service you are entitled to use. They will have heard the same story plenty of times before so don't be in the least bit embarrassed about picking up the phone to them.

Our area rep is exceptional and if there was hardship case he'd get them paid., GDPR might have put an end to that though,Tanko should at least talk to them they would be used to dealing with problems

• Registered Users Posts: 21,171 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Got notified of ANC payment today.
    Sorry to hear it's stressing you, Tanko.

Water John wrote: »
    Got notified of ANC payment today.
    Sorry to hear it's stressing you, Tanko.

I got notified this morning of glas payment so it takes pressure off me thank God, I was more concerned about paying my bills as I know that the farm contractors need paying as they have bills also. It wasn't about me it was about paying those who done fantastic work for me during year.

• Advertisement

wrangler wrote: »
    Our area rep is exceptional and if there was hardship case he'd get them paid., GDPR might have put an end to that though,Tanko should at least talk to them they would be used to dealing with problems

I got notified of glas payment this morning so I can pay my bills tomorrow which is all I wanted to do as I am so aware contractors need their money and I don't like not being able pay people who are relying on getting paid when farmers get their payments. I am happy lady this morning to know I can pay my bills 😊😊

Was in the exact same situation myself. It was 49 years ago, with the passage of time one forgets how difficult it can be. Best of luck for the future. If I could give you one bit of advice it would not to overstretched yourself. It's not worth the mental pressure. I think it was Wrangler that said something similar in a recent post

I got notified this morning of glas payment so I am extremely happy I can pay my bills as this is all I wanted to be able do.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,216 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Made my weekly call there now. No sign of satellite inspection. Ring again next Friday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

It must be gorzunt, the Russian sat launched in 1956 they're using
    I hear its telex links take ages with the signal coming to Kazakhstan first in black and white,sent to Moscow by camel for colouring in
    Not sure how it gets back to Dublin then but I think it's a Friday alright when one of Jupiter's moons align properly with Saturn

I asked was there a timeframe for the satellite inspections to be completed and she said no. I also said the main date for payment is coming soon will I be paid then, she said to ring back next Friday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭6600

whelan2 wrote: »
    I asked was there a timeframe for the satellite inspections to be completed and she said no. I also said the main date for payment is coming soon will I be paid then, she said to ring back next Friday.

In the very same boat here, I went onto the Agfood to check what was up last month. Turns out the advisor incorrectly put 0.00 as the eligible hectares of two fields on the BPS application. Then a letter was sent to in June saying the application looked wrong and another in July saying that because no reply had been received for the first letter that they would proceed with the original application. I got none of these letters, apparently they go to the agent. I have had two inspections since then and now a satellite inspection. Not happy, keep getting told to ring back next Friday.

Thing is this was completely avoidable and had a similar issue last year. None of these inspections are randon. 114,000 people were paid in the first week!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

6600 wrote: »
    In the very same boat here, I went onto the Agfood to check what was up last month. Turns out the advisor incorrectly put 0.00 as the eligible hectares of two fields on the BPS application. Then a letter was sent to in June saying the application looked wrong and another in July saying that because no reply had been received for the first letter that they would proceed with the original application. I got none of these letters, apparently they go to the agent. I have had two inspections since then and now a satellite inspection. Not happy, keep getting told to ring back next Friday.

Thing is this was completely avoidable and had a similar issue last year. None of these inspections are randon. 114,000 people were paid in the first week!

And what is your adviser saying in all this, given they seem to be the cause of the issues?

And what is your adviser saying in all this, given they seem to be the cause of the issues?
    Not a lot, they are a state org. It's a pity copies of those letters didn't come to us rather than just the agent though.

Are these letters showing up under my correspondence in agfood?

Are these letters showing up under my correspondence in agfood?

They are, I only noticed last month as I don't log into it very often.

They are, I only noticed last month as I don't log into it very often.

There are 2 parcels on mine that it says the mea is 0.0. I dont know what mea is, but I assume they are they parcels the satellite inspection is dealing with. This is also knocking my nitrates out of line. So annoying at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 11,180 ✭✭✭✭Base price

There are 2 parcels on mine that it says the mea is 0.0. I dont know what mea is, but I assume they are they parcels the satellite inspection is dealing with. This is also knocking my nitrates out of line. So annoying at this stage
    MEA is maximum eligible area and is mentioned on page 45 although I only scanned through the document.
    https://www.agriculture.gov.ie/media/migration/farmingschemesandpayments/basicpaymentscheme/2019forms/2019BPSTandConditions200219.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Sacrolyte

In the same boat here. Getting sick of ringing them to be honest. Getting the same bullsh1t to ring back in a few days and “we know nothing”.I don’t see the point in ringing if they can’t give you any information. I think it’s pointless at this stage ringing them.

Money is made to go around. Got paid ANC and BPS and gave it straight to the taxman, plus a bit more.

Money is made to go around. Got paid ANC and BPS and gave it straight to the taxman, plus a bit more.

Ye that's what I normally use it for too and my insurance. Would be nice to get it before Christmas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭MIKEKC

Must have a huge income if you had to give all that to the taxman

Must have a huge income if you had to give all that to the taxman
    Have you insight to his payments? Otherwise IMO your a troll :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Sacrolyte wrote: »
    In the same boat here. Getting sick of ringing them to be honest. Getting the same bullsh1t to ring back in a few days and “we know nothing”.I don’t see the point in ringing if they can’t give you any information. I think it’s pointless at this stage ringing them.

What do they say when you ask for the contact details of the company doing the sat inspections?
    When we're done with the pitch forks at glanbia,perhaps that's the next place to go?
    No other sector would accept this
    We play by the rules and expect to be paid our compensation for it without unnessecary delay
    So questions are
    Who is doing the checking
    Who is paying them
    What is in the contract
    How many are doing the checking
    How long does it take one person to examine a map,20 mins?
    That's 24 a day per person
    240 a day for 10
    Photos took in july
    31 days in august and 30 in September...

TMK staff are temporarily secunded each year. These are often a new group and your lucky if you happen to get one who has done it previously.
    In fairness, I'd say the amount of time you're allocating to each map is not realistic, if it's being adjusted. Remember also most farms will have a number of maps. There could be 500,000 maps to be analysed.

They say satellite results are coming back daily. When my teagasc advisor met the department they said their aim was to have most of them cleared by early December

Ye that's what I normally use it for too and my insurance. Would be nice to get it before Christmas
    Did you contact the IFA to help/assist with your issue. AFAIK you can sign a GDPR document to release the IFA to representative you so that they can work on your behalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭MIKEKC

Base price wrote: »
    Have you insight to his payments? Otherwise IMO your a troll :mad:

No insight into payments, but working on reasonable figures. Given allowances that are available and then ANC, BPS, and more it is I feel a reasonable assumption

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Damo810

Issue with entitlements leased off a farmer who died this year, leased from his wife through an agent. Dept sent out correspondence via agfood looking for info (presumably re his death) which they didn't submit/notice. Only for i noticed payment was lower than it should of been I may never have known, all info I'm told has been sent in. Call Dept 3-4 times about it and different story every time. Called today and was advised to "Keep calling, the more you call the more likely they are to act" referring to a certain section in the Dept who handle transfers, but cannot be phone. I'll survive without it but it's incredibly frustrating that you cannot get a straight answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

No insight into payments, but working on reasonable figures. Given allowances that are available and then ANC, BPS, and more it is I feel a reasonable assumption

Go on, tell us the reasonable figures? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Sacrolyte

When you assume
    You make an ASS out of U and ME

Advertisement