Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anc and Bps 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,227 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Sacrolyte wrote: »
    Still nothing here. Told now it’s a satellite inspection. What are they looking for in satellite inspections.Is it glas measures, farmyards, spreading dates adhereance or just area checks?

Just area afaik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

whelan2 wrote: »
    Rang today. No news still waiting for the satellite inspection. Under the charter they have until june to pay farmers

Did they say which June?:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Rang today. No news still waiting for the satellite inspection. Under the charter they have until june to pay farmers

From September to June ? 9 months 😱
    Wtf sort of charter is that?
    Dáil Question needed

Did they say which June?:pac:

I just said ffs. She said now it would be very few that would be left until June. Local teagasc man meeting dept on Monday and he will bring up my case

Mortelaro wrote: »
    From September to June ? 9 months 😱
    Wtf sort of charter is that?
    Dáil Question needed

Ye I dont know who negotiated that. They have my application since April.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Tanko1414

They have all applications since May yet only now they carrying out inspections, total bullsh#t, if you were late putting in application they very fast to penalise for late submission, they will find any excuse to cut payments...... I have people looking for payment and I can't pay them what the f#ck am I supposed to do....

Tanko1414 wrote: »
    They have all applications since May yet only now they carrying out inspections, total bullsh#t, if you were late putting in application they very fast to penalise for late submission, they will find any excuse to cut payments...... I have people looking for payment and I can't pay them what the f#ck am I supposed to do....

I went to my bank manager as soon as I knew what a cluster**** it was. Takes the pressure off me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭MIKEKC

If things are that bad, perhaps retire from farming

• Registered Users Posts: 11,090 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Charter of rights expects 90% of payments on 16th October and a target of 100% of balancing payment on 1st dec.
    That's why I tell people not to commit to any payments/instalments until December......
    EU allows them until june the following year, Great Britain used to be so slow that you didn't know what year you were getting

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

MIKEKC wrote: »
    If things are that bad, perhaps retire from farming

Ah, bit harsh maybe...
    We read often that most enterprises are barely break even so it’s hardly surprising that the BPM is used to pay bills...

• Advertisement

Ah, bit harsh maybe...
    We read often that most enterprises are barely break even so it’s hardly surprising that the BPM is used to pay bills...

+1
    Especially this year, stock won't be paying all their costs this year, they'll need the BPS.

I went to my bank manager as soon as I knew what a cluster**** it was. Takes the pressure off me

Ya that's what I will have to do, thanks whelan2

Ah, bit harsh maybe...

Ya it was harsh, i just had a bad year between one thing and another was relying on bps to put things back on track.

Ya it was harsh, i just had a bad year between one thing and another was relying on bps to put things back on track.

I would be the same. But it will be paid at some stage, it's just a matter of juggling everything until it's cleared

Didn't mean to be harsh, just realistic. Surely people have some reserve of cash built up. If people are living from hand to mouth is it worth continuing?. Most (but I accept not all) would be able to get some sort of employment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭Grueller

Didn't mean to be harsh, just realistic. Surely people have some reserve of cash built up. If people are living from hand to mouth is it worth continuing?. Most (but I accept not all) would be able to get some sort of employment.

Maybe tanko is a young farmer just getting up and running. I know when I started a missed payment run could have sunk me.
    Could be sickness, rapid expansion or a number of things bleeding cash reserves dry.

Grueller wrote: »
    Maybe tanko is a young farmer just getting up and running. I know when I started a missed payment run could have sunk me.
    Could be sickness, rapid expansion or a number of things bleeding cash reserves dry.

Bps normally pays for insurance and tax here and crappy enough year here otherwise

Bps normally pays for insurance and tax here

The October payment is a concession,It's only paid if they're ready, people are foolish to depend on it, 99.999% of farmers will get it all by end December

wrangler wrote: »
    The October payment is a concession,It's only paid if they're ready, people are foolish to depend on it, 99.999% of farmers will get it all by end December

I know but when was the last time it wasnt paid in October. I dont see myself as foolish tbh, I am sure I am not the only one in the same boat.

I know but when was the last time it wasnt paid in October. I dont see myself as foolish tbh, I am sure I am not the only one in the same boat.

Department knows they won't be ready,Farmers get a concession and then they see it as a right, I wonder many hours is spent on the phones after 16th Oct that could be spent on applications, Public service again ...you couldn't make it up
    Only other option is pay no one until early Dec

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,182 ✭✭✭✭Base price

+1
    We had the drought last year and beef prices nosed dived even further this year putting further strain on resources. Personally I'd prefer if neither happened but stuff happens that is outside our control and we have to do the best we can. It is unfortunate that some cnuts feel that their life mission is to be pass-remarkable :(

I often thought that myself, half the country were emigrating when I was feeling like giving up so there wasn't the handy options that's out there now/
    But yes, you would wonder about continuing, a lot more goes wrong too if you're under pressure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

It's just your turn this year. I had it myself a few years ago and practically had to beg to get paid before Christmas so that lads I owed money to could be paid before Christmas.

It's going to happen to between 5-10% of us every year through no fault of our own in most cases. No other sector would tolerate this.

Unless people go political on this,farmers will continue to be walked on
    Theres a private company actually doing the sat inspections, did ye know that?

Either it's not fit for purpose or civil servants are late in referring maps for checks or both
    The solution is simple
    Commit resources
    The out sourcing is presumably to save money
    The charter should be revisited to allow for retrospective deductions and retrospective appeals on them
    Full blockages should end
    No other industry would accept this

There is an election coming
    Both in the country and in the IFA

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Unless people go political on this,farmers will continue to be walked on
    Theres a private company actually doing the sat inspections, did ye know that?

Either it's not fit for purpose or civil servants are late in referring maps for checks or both
    The solution is simple
    Commit resources
    The out sourcing is presumably to save money
    The charter should be revisited to allow for retrospective deductions and retrospective appeals on them
    Full blockages should end
    No other industry would accept this

There is an election coming
    Both in the country and in the IFA

Like whelan I don't know when the last time my payments were held up, any changes now can only make it worse.
    Payment date is 1st Dec, We should be learning from Beef Plan that kicking arse isn't always the answer

A dumb priest never got a parish

I agree there are exceptions to every rule. The majority of people wouldn't be in one of those situations, yet a large number seem to need their payments urgently

Yes, I am just starting out and although I am not young this is my first year farming also I am female I had alot of money to spend example buying a tractor, fencing, fixing slatted house new gates, so yes not getting payment is huge.

Teagasc man met with the department today. They aim to have the majority of those still waiting for payments paid by December 3rd which is when everyone else will be getting their second installment

• Advertisement

Yes, I am just starting out and although I am not young this is my first year farming also I am female I had alot of money to spend example buying a tractor, fencing, fixing slatted house new gates, so yes not getting payment is huge.

Was in the exact same situation myself. It was 49 years ago, with the passage of time one forgets how difficult it can be. Best of luck for the future. If I could give you one bit of advice it would not to overstretched yourself. It's not worth the mental pressure. I think it was Wrangler that said something similar in a recent post

Advertisement