Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anc and Bps 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,090 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Mortelaro wrote: »
    I think Whelans point was,the lady answering the phone has nothing to do with processing...
    Your second point on shur you're big enough an almost you don't need it is just Do Lally

FFS you should be a politician, you're well able to spin,
    I probably thought it, but I didn't say she didn't need it, after all there's loads of other dairy farmers getting increases in their single farm payments too funded by the reductions in mine. so you can understand if I haven't sympathy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

wrangler wrote: »
    I probably thought it, but I didn't say she didn't need it, after all there's loads of other dairy farmers getting increases in their single farm payments too funded by the reductions in mine. so you can understand if I haven't sympathy

The reasons for the reductions are that drystock farmers had higher entitlements build up due to proportionately higher payments issued to them.

With the change in entitlements to flat based payments on all land equally, it's quite a stretch to claim that one sector should get higher benefits than another when the door is wide open for them to change system to the higher return system.

All land is equal but some is more equal than others?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

You're not the only sector having it reduced and the reduction is not exclusive to non dairy farmers
    The delays also affect all sectors
    So basically you resent other active farmers getting a more equitable payment relative to their operation today?
    You're entitled to that view
    But arguing against the need for another review of the payment system whereby payments aren't delayed, on the basis some operations might be able to stand delays is do lally

You're not the only sector having it reduced and the reduction is not exclusive to non dairy farmers
    The delays also affect all sectors
    So basically you resent other active farmers getting a more equitable payment relative to their operation today?
    You're entitled to that view
    But arguing against the need for another review of the payment system whereby payments aren't delayed, on the basis some operations might be able to stand delays is do lally

I think you're over egging it now, once it ten years, not exactly poverty enducing. 99% is usually paid by end Dec, again not exactly poverty inducing.
    Eu requires it to be paid by 1st june NEXT YEAR.
    If there was a more equitable payment relative to their operation today, drystock farmers should be paid more than the higher income dairy farmers, it's been taken off farmers with Zero income at the moment and given to farmers getting the most of a grand an acre profit?

You're making assumptions now wrangler that dairy farmers are loaded
    If they were,there's be no stand alone cattle farmers or sheep farmers
    Everyone would be dairy
    I personally find dairy racism pathetic

• Advertisement

You're making assumptions now wrangler that dairy farmers are loaded
    If they were,there's be no stand alone cattle farmers or sheep farmers
    Everyone would be dairy
    I personally find dairy racism pathetic

FFS when those subsidies came in first they were for drystock because of poor incomes, there ain't exactly a bonanza in drystock incomes now to justify reducing them now , giving the money then to higher income enterprises makes no sense

FFS when those subsidies came in first they were for drystock because of poor incomes, there ain't exactly a bonanza in drystock incomes now to justify reducing them now , giving them to higher income enterprises makes no sense

So people didn't stock up for reference years or anything like that ?
    They are being taken off larger dairy farmers too btw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭MIKEKC

So people didn't stock up for reference years or anything like that ?
    They are being taken off larger dairy farmers too btw

Did people know the reference years in advance?

FFS when those subsidies came in first they were for drystock because of poor incomes, there ain't exactly a bonanza in drystock incomes now to justify reducing them now , giving the money then to higher income enterprises makes no sense

It's got nothing to do with incomes, it's about simplifying the system so that every hectare is considered equal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Panch18

To be fair dairy farmers got entitlements that they should never have gotten, and I’m saying that as a beef and dairy farmer. It was literally money for nothing

The cuts on my SFP over the last few years have been large, and with more to come. But that’s what those who shouted loudest wanted

• Advertisement

MIKEKC wrote: »

No but good intensive farming brought the best entitlements

Panch18 wrote: »
    To be fair dairy farmers got entitlements that they should never have gotten, and I’m saying that as a beef and dairy farmer. It was literally money for nothing

The cuts on my SFP over the last few years have been large, and with more to come. But that’s what those who shouted loudest wanted

They got a consolation prize that time because intensive dairy farmers weren't drawing much subsidies, unfortunately every dairy farmer got them, some now are under the average and are getting increases every year because they need it..:mad:
    We were lucky to get away with convergence, Commisioner Ciolos would've flattened them from 2013 which would've been a lot more painful but it was what those that shouted the loudest were looking for, IFA wanted that no one would lose anything, retain the status quo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭Grueller

Sure you're retired. You should get nothing if all was fair so get down off of that high horse before you fall off and hurt yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

Grueller wrote: »
    Sure you're retired. You should get nothing if all was fair so get down off of that high horse before you fall off and hurt yourself.

As is always the way with any discussion around entitlements - it’s always a matter of ‘haves’ and ‘have nots’

Those who ‘have’ want to keep them, those who ‘have not’, want to get some...

Always the same...

You could argue a lot of the people on this forum shouldn’t get SFP/BFP - why should the EU/irish government pay lads to keep their hobby going?
    Lads give the argument that the SFP stays in the locality, it’s paid to the coop and the mill, etc...
    Fair enough - but why shouldn’t the local publican get a bit of a dig out, or the shop keeper?

To be honest the more I think about it, the more I agree with the non farming people that its a waste of money...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,225 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Jeez. I just want to get my bps, not have an argument over it....

Grueller wrote: »

I think I've said that often enough on here too, it should be for active drystock farmers. I'll give them up when I'm forced, but I cannot agree with the way they're being distributed now.
    Plenty of farmers out there with high entitlements but small payments and no allowance made for that only to cut their payment

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Sacrolyte

Sacrolyte wrote: »
    Do heavy rushes still cause problems

But but. What about the rushes?

But but. What about the rushes?

Don't think there's any fear of rushes becoming extinct

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Some lads had a fair idea

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭mr.stonewall

whelan2 wrote: »
    Jeez. I just want to get my bps, not have an argument over it....

I know the satellite inspection have held up your sfp, surely there should be a weighting system done on payments that are going to be held up. If there is a reduction of up to 5% of the area claimed pay the 70% (or say 65%) and then give time to sort it out before the balance in December, if its greater than 5% pay on a pro rata scale.
    Surely they could sort files into these bundles and make payment more efficient. So many farms are dependant on these payments arriving on time

• Advertisement

I know the satellite inspection have held up your sfp, surely there should be a weighting system done on payments that are going to be held up. If there is a reduction of up to 5% of the area claimed pay the 70% (or say 65%) and then give time to sort it out before the balance in December, if its greater than 5% pay on a pro rata scale.
    Surely they could sort files into these bundles and make payment more efficient. So many farms are dependant on these payments arriving on time

That would be the logical approach. Pay the advancement if the satellite inspection hasn't been completed. It's not the farmers fault it hasn't been done

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭Sheep breeder

Rang today. No news. There will be no more advance payments until after the payment run in early December. I said will I still be waiting for my money after Christmas and she said hopefully not....

There is a run every Thursday night for the ones fixed up the previous week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭Cran

How can they process payments if the satellite inspections aren't back.

Your TD should help, know when mine was when held up for satellite inspection a very helpful representative had a word & was sorted within two weeks plus was getting actual responses on status which tbh is all I asked for.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭newholland mad

I'm not in the ifa inner circle but every dog on the street heard the rumours back in the late 90s about reference years. I think it was on the journal several times. I remember on year buying cattle around Christmas and driving to Portlaoise on the last working day of the year with beef premium forms and the quew was out the door. I think they were the only cattle I ever made money from

• Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭jaymla627

Rang this morning. My report is back but there’s a problem. And so it continues. It shows up on my ag food now that I have less hectares than entitlements.

We got a satellite inspection last year and they rezoned 20ha, that wasnt showing up as submitted sfp form and the original townland/folio number didn't exist , copped it when submitting sfp and notified them on it but was like pulling teeth to get it sorted was after xmas before we got sfp

Cran wrote: »
    Your TD should help, know when mine was when held up for satellite inspection a very helpful representative had a word & was sorted within two weeks plus was getting actual responses on status which tbh is all I asked for.

The satellite inspections are different this time out. It's a new system being given a dry run in Louth but will be rolled out across the country next year.

If you think it's bad now, just wait till it has to sort out 30 times more area next year:(

The satellite inspections are different this time out. It's a new system being given a dry run in Louth but will be rolled out across the country next year.

If you think it's bad now, just wait till it has to sort out 30 times more area next year:(

Exactly for 3 weeks my file couldn't even be accessed. One farmer up the road got a 100 acre field put onto his farm in error. They said my dad claimed 0 hectares, when he has claimed the same land for 20 years....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭DJ98

Anyone any idea when the remainder of the bps is due and sheep welfare scheme?

I'm not in the ifa inner circle but every dog on the street heard the rumours back in the late 90s about reference years. I think it was on the journal several times. I remember on year buying cattle around Christmas and driving to Portlaoise on the last working day of the year with beef premium forms and the quew was out the door. I think they were the only cattle I ever made money from

I'd always would have the maximum drawn, I would always work it at the end of the year any reference years would have been the same to me,
    Neighbours here had land rented that they never stood on and got away with it.

• Advertisement

DJ98 wrote: »
    Anyone any idea when the remainder of the bps is due and sheep welfare scheme?

BPS early december, your application must be alright if you've got the first part.
    We got the Sheep welfare this week, contact your organiser.
    As I said earlier we got a text from the dept a month ago to say it was being paid but teagasc didn't get it until last week, I collected the cheque on Friday

Advertisement