Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bf4 clans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Right I'm giving up on the fighter jet ribbons, it ain't gonna happen. Might hit the shotguns, that saiga looks deadly...

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭keithc83

Has anyone had the issue where you set a loadout on Battlelog and it resets your secondary to the P226, default handgun?
    I've had it happen twice recently on all kits where I had the Unica as my secondary. Where I had the 93R as my secondary on one loadout though, that stayed the same. Very strange...

Played a couple of rounds with Falcon last night, was good craic. Hopefully I followed nearly all of the squad orders Falcon! :D
    Still not a fan of Operation Locker but definitely enjoying Siege of Shanghai now with the better connection. I can watch the tower collapse without worrying about my connection kicking me from the server :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

GerB40 wrote: »
    Right I'm giving up on the fighter jet ribbons, it ain't gonna happen.

Jet Ribbons really need patience, no other way around it unfortunately. Some constructive criticism though, I seen in your loadouts that your Attack Jet is running with heat seekers. The Attack Jets really aren't suited for air to air combat(except strafe runs on choppers) so stick with the laser guided bombs and focus on smaller vehicles. You can potentially get 4 kills from a jeep with zero defenses, or 2 kills from a heavily armored tank. Boats are the way to go though, poor maneuverability and slow acceleration make them easy enough. Next time your on, I'll jump into a few Naval Strike rounds with ya if your up for it. I can use the attack boat and try soften up some targets before you finish them off.
    keithc83 wrote: »
    Has anyone had the issue where you set a loadout on Battlelog and it resets your secondary to the P226, default handgun?

I've had it happen once or twice if I'm adjusting my loadout on Battlelog between rounds, doesn't seem to update quick enough and I start with my previous kit. Rare enough though.
    Still not a fan of Operation Locker but definitely enjoying Siege of Shanghai now with the better connection. I can watch the tower collapse without worrying about my connection kicking me from the server :pac:

Yeah it's amazing how good the game is when it actually runs smoothly :D

Next time your on, I'll jump into a few Naval Strike rounds with ya if your up for it. I can use the attack boat and try soften up some targets before you finish them off.

If i see ye on there, I'll jump on as well. I need to get a few C4 kills for an assignment but i have played Naval Strike the least amount out of all the DLC.
    I've had it happen once or twice if I'm adjusting my loadout on Battlelog between rounds, doesn't seem to update quick enough and I start with my previous kit. Rare enough though.

Hopefully it was just a couple of those rare occasions for me together. I'm going to try and adjust a couple of loadouts now on the computer to see. Hopefully it won't mess that up for me again.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

Played a couple of rounds with Falcon last night, was good craic. Hopefully I followed nearly all of the squad orders Falcon! :D

That Commander was throwing out orders to me every few seconds to the point that the orders we going from A-B-A-B-A-B constantly.

Only ever on the Battlelog App for my phone never did so on my PC/Laptop. Last night was my first time using it on my tablet so I can't really comment on that.

In any case:

Name|Current Kills|Target Kills
    XtraFalcon|130|Reached
    paul_booth_fan|262|Reached
    GerryB--|159|Reached
    Keithc83|299|Reached

I will wait until Friday before throwing out the new open challenge because of this massive patch presumably coming out tomorrow so it'll give everyone a chance to download it and get a handle on some of the weapon changes then you'll have a full weekend to take a shot at it. (It'll be an easy one)

I might throw in a few weapons together to try and make sure everything is balanced.

• Advertisement

XtraFalcon wrote: »
    I will wait until Friday before throwing out the new open challenge because of this massive patch presumably coming out tomorrow so it'll give everyone a chance to download it and get a handle on some of the weapon changes then you'll have a full weekend to take a shot at it. (It'll be an easy one)

Ya know, with the visual recoil changes and damage reduction on all Assault Rifle & Carbines...............DMRs should be more competitive after the patch........just sayin :pac:
    I might throw in a few weapons together to try and make sure everything is balanced.

Balanced? As in no f*cking Shorty 12g please:D

Hand flares and claymores ONLY.

Hand flares and claymores ONLY.

As long as I can use the M320 LVG then it's a deal.

Wrong class, sorry, XM25 Smoke instead :)

As long as I can use the M320 LVG then it's a deal.

It would be interesting to make a Squad loadout and give every squad member an explosive gadget. M320 - C4 - Slams - Claymores etc etc

It would be interesting to make a Squad loadout and give every squad member an explosive gadget. M320 - C4 - Slams - Claymores etc etc

Ha, I'm in.
    Actually, if I remember correctly, the smoke effect from grenades (size of the area of effect, speed of dispersion and removing the ability to spot through it) was changed in the CTE. So it could actually become a genuinely useful gadget from tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭cobraeire

just after sticking on the ps4 now,see i got an invite last night from you darren,i was on the ps3 it didn`t show up ,sorry about that :d

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

Ya know, with the visual recoil changes and damage reduction on all Assault Rifle & Carbines...............DMRs should be more competitive after the patch........just sayin :pac:

I actually like the DMR's, but they really need to make the rest more appealing past the mk mod, it's like the first unlocked and the best.

cobraeire wrote: »
    just after sticking on the ps4 now,see i got an invite last night from you darren,i was on the ps3 it didn`t show up ,sorry about that :d

you don't need to lie just because you didn't wanna talk to him lol

SharpCoder wrote: »
    you don't need to lie just because you didn't wanna talk to him lol

I can never hear him cos of the NAT issues anyway :D

lucky b***d

I'd love to be able to use the VOIP in-game but it's such bad quality and turning up the volume for VOIP(When using in-game VOIP) in the options of BF4 does little to nothing.

Sadly, the Deagle is getting nerfed in tomorrows patch :(. Mainly velocity but still, I'm gonna miss her. We've shared 511 glorious moments so far and I thought this was a fitting send off..........

Double Deagle headshot:D

Sadly, the Deagle is getting nerfed in tomorrows patch :(. Mainly velocity but still, I'm gonna miss her. We've shared 511 glorious moments so far and I thought this was a fitting send off..........

Double Deagle headshot:D

Just after finishing Recoil Kinetics yesterday and I find out this. It sucks. They must have known i would unlock it right around this time! lol
    I don't understand the damage nerf with the Deagle though...makes no sense :mad:

Very nice double headshot, hopefully this patch won't nerf too many moments like that!

Just after finishing Recoil Kinetics yesterday and I find out this. It sucks. They must have known i would unlock it right around this time! lol
    I don't understand the damage nerf with the Deagle though...makes no sense :mad:

May be reverting back to cz and 1911 if it gets destroyed

Very nice double headshot, hopefully this patch won't nerf too many moments like that!

Now I could be wrong, don't quote me on it, but I don't think the damage is changing. As far as I remember, the velocity and accuracy are being reduced so it'll be harder to hit those long range headshots. It'll still be a proper skill cannon but only for close to medium range combat. You lose all accuracy already if you spam it anyway.
    Don't forget though, all trigger delay is being removed from the revolvers so the .44 Magnum is going to make a huge comeback :D

• Advertisement

May be reverting back to cz and 1911 if it gets destroyed

The cz looks like a really good option if they do destroy it...
    Don't forget though, all trigger delay is being removed from the revolvers so the .44 Magnum is going to make a huge comeback :D

I had forgotten about the removal of trigger delay! Well that is definitely a big plus :D
    Actually looking forward to the medic changes, with the timer coming in especially.
    Hopefully though with all these balance changes they don't ruin some of the weapons.

Patch is now live, youngest has fallen asleep and the missus isn't home from work yet :)

Be rude not to play.....if only I could connect to EA...

Patch is now live, youngest has fallen asleep and the missus isn't home from work yet :)

Be rude not to play.....if only I could connect to EA...

Its the EA servers that are being rude i think!

As long as its more than two handfuls of an improvement with this patch :D lol

New beep to let you know the defibs are fully charged is a nice touch

DMRs seem way easier to use with the 4× Scopes

.44 Magnum is actually usable now. It's amazing how much that tiny trigger delay can throw ya off. Counter sniped a couple of campers already :)

****ING PC exclusive(CTE participants) camo :( it looks awesome as well

Love the new hit markers

Smoke grenades even work now...........crazy. Genuinely found them to be a tactical option, throw 1 down to cover your retreat and find a new angle to attack from. Enemy can't spot or even see the little red dorito above your head(I think) when you're behind the smoke. *Just remember to turn off those laser sights boys and girls, dead give away*

Only got an hour online so couldn't really get too into it, but I'm really liking the little changes. It's not as noticeable as I feared it'd be, very subtle tweaks here and there. So far so good I guess.

New beep to let you know the defibs are fully charged is a nice touch

DMRs seem way easier to use with the 4× Scopes

.44 Magnum is actually usable now. It's amazing how much that tiny trigger delay can throw ya off. Counter sniped a couple of campers already :)

****ING PC exclusive(CTE participants) camo :( it looks awesome as well

Love the new hit markers

Smoke grenades even work now...........crazy. Genuinely found them to be a tactical option, throw 1 down to cover your retreat and find a new angle to attack from. Enemy can't spot or even see the little red dorito above your head(I think) when you're behind the smoke. *Just remember to turn off those laser sights boys and girls, dead give away*

Only got an hour online so couldn't really get too into it, but I'm really liking the little changes. It's not as noticeable as I feared it'd be, very subtle tweaks here and there. So far so good I guess.

I should be able to download when I get home from work and should hopefully be ready to play later on

These patch notes are HUGE ......allow yourself plenty of time to go through them all :)

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2979150494051082340/last/

Check out my new post-patch .44

gXZmG0v.jpg

Check out my new post-patch .44

gXZmG0v.jpg

With bullets that big it's no wonder I was picking off heads earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

It looks and moves...

erm -

Like BF3 again? :) :P

Watching herself have a go of it here post patch and it looks proper order, kills look fair, other peoples bodies being hit by bullets looks now like it should have all along, and the everything looks tight as a virgin's f@nny...

Well done Dice US - 11 months on and BF4 has shipped to BF3 standard's, gold star for fixing Dice Sweden's mess.... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Initial comments.

- about time Rush tickets went to 100

- the change possibilities for the HUD are amazing, best change so far.

- I hate the new hit markers, too big and off putting

- Flash bangs are powerful now, I was imobilised a few times with em

Advertisement