Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bf4 clans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭thurlesdrunk

Loadout Challenge

Player: thurlesdrunk

Kit: All
    Primary: Spas-12
    Attachments: Any
    Secondary: M1911(in tribute to your PS profile pic)
    Grenades: M84 Flashbang/ M18 Smoke
    Gadgets: EOD bot/Mortar/MAV

Objectives: Dead Stop, Open Fire, Phantom Initiate and Remote Operator Assignments, plus Shotgun Veteran dogtag.

Now besides the Dead Stop Assignment(Raise the gate on Caspian Border), I'd recommend the Dragons Teeth map for the rest of the challenges. All those maps have sections with a bit of cover so you can take advantage of the shotgun. Use Flashbangs or Smoke when moving from cover to cover. You'll have to be versatile as well since you'll be using gadgets for the Assault, Engineer, Support and Recon classes.

Open Fire: Get a kill with the pistol/40mm Grenade/Defibs in a round
    Phantom Initiate: 21 Roadkills
    Remote Operator: Destroy a vehicle with EOD Bot/4 Kills with the RAWR/10 kills with the Mortar/Spot 20 enemy with the MAV
    Shotgun Veteran: 19 Shotgun Ribbons

Good luck Paul

SPAS has to be the worst piece of feckin sh*te I have used in BF4 so far! Its gonna be a long week. :-) Looking forward to trying out the DAO-12 though, looks like a beast with none of that pump action delay pain in the holeness like the SPAS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

SPAS has to be the worst piece of feckin sh*te I have used in BF4 so far! Its gonna be a long week. :-) Looking forward to trying out the DAO-12 though, looks like a beast with none of that pump action delay pain in the holeness like the SPAS.

Pump actions definitely ain't what they used to be :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

The DAO, though good, takes way too long to reload. Try reloading before you empty the mag, it'll save a lot of time...

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭keithc83

Pump actions definitely ain't what they used to be :(

After the patch a lot of weapons for me ain't what they use to be. Some of my favourites are nothing more than pea shooters now :(

• Advertisement

Had a few good rounds last night with thurlesdrunk, dprimesinisterr, Poolfan and Tota11yBogusDude. Highlight was taking a jet outta the air with my RPG(only for me to mess up with the Share button and not actually record it :(). Really starting to see the benefits of the improved Flashbangs, especially in the last round on Lockers;

Being very aggressive and trying to push our front line right up in the enemy faces. Got 9 kills in about 70 seconds, including a 5 man room breach at the end with the help of the Flashbangs. Annoyingly, I get killed by a grenade dropped by one of the guys I cleared out :D

Had a few good rounds last night with thurlesdrunk, dprimesinisterr, Poolfan and Tota11yBogusDude. Highlight was taking a jet outta the air with my RPG(only for me to mess up with the Share button and not actually record it :(). Really starting to see the benefits of the improved Flashbangs, especially in the last round on Lockers;

Being very aggressive and trying to push our front line right up in the enemy faces. Got 9 kills in about 70 seconds, including a 5 man room breach at the end with the help of the Flashbangs. Annoyingly, I get killed by a grenade dropped by one of the guys I cleared out :D

Nice work there man, especially the breach at the end. Yeah, some good games last night, starting to enjoy using the smoke grenades + FLIR. Have to take it a little easier on the smoke grenades though, starting to look like a cheech and chong movie.... Still hate the SPAS though! But more bearable now I have unlocked full choke :-) Read somewhere that the 12G Darts are good with the SPAS, 74 more kills to find out!
    Still gotta take down an enemy vehicle with the EOD bot for the assignments, pain in the hole!

Nice work there man, especially the breach at the end. Yeah, some good games last night, starting to enjoy using the smoke grenades + FLIR. Have to take it a little easier on the smoke grenades though, starting to look like a cheech and chong movie.... Still hate the SPAS though! But more bearable now I have unlocked full choke :-) Read somewhere that the 12G Darts are good with the SPAS, 74 more kills to find out!
    Still gotta take down an enemy vehicle with the EOD bot for the assignments, pain in the hole!

Thank you, I thought there was 2 guys at most behind the door. Bit of a panic spray to be honest when I glanced 4, that guy coming up the stairs was completely oblivious somehow, lucky but I'll take it. Still gutted I messed up the recording of the RPG shot though. I got the 3 minutes leading up to hitting the jet but it cut off just as I was moving onto the flag :(.
    I still cannot get used to the FLIR, just don't like losing my peripheral vision unless it's a bolt action scope. I just use the smoke to block line of sight and change position.
    That Full Choke almost makes the SPAS usable. Few rounds on Pearl Market and you'll have the Darts in no time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭unblvlblkult

Thank you, I thought there was 2 guys at most behind the door. Bit of a panic spray to be honest when I glanced 4, that guy coming up the stairs was completely oblivious somehow, lucky but I'll take it. Still gutted I messed up the recording of the RPG shot though. I got the 3 minutes leading up to hitting the jet but it cut off just as I was moving onto the flag :(.
    I still cannot get used to the FLIR, just don't like losing my peripheral vision unless it's a bolt action scope. I just use the smoke to block line of sight and change position.
    That Full Choke almost makes the SPAS usable. Few rounds on Pearl Market and you'll have the Darts in no time :)

Impressive action on lockers alright. Never considered using flashbangs but will definitely be giving them a shot now.

@Thurles The M142 missile launchers are generally very stationary and could be an easy one to get the EOD bot assignment with

Currently trying to learn to use sniper rifles... with mixed results. Must train myself to aim for the head. Problem is I'm used to very low sensitivity and this does not help with ADS on rifles.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

The changes they made have definitely effected(affected?) the M-TAR.

It's almost possible to have a fighting chance even if an enemy solider gets the drop on you. It's super-OP and I regret nothing.

The Israelis definitely know how to make Assault Rifles (And yes it IS an Assault Rifle - just not by DICE's classification).

It's an easy competitor for the CZ-3A1 (In my eyes anyway).

• Advertisement

Loadout Challange

Player: GerB40

Kit: Recon
    Primary: SRR-61
    Attachments: 8x Scope & Variable Zoom
    Secondary: G 18
    Grenade: M34 Incendiary
    Gadgets: PLD & T-UGS

Objective: Recon Expert

Only the 1 Assignment this week but I think you'll agree it's a proper challenge Gerry(remember, you asked for it):D. You'll need to get 29 Marksman Ribbons to complete it and unlock the FY-JS Sniper Rifle. I'd recommend Rush or anything on the China Rising dlc specifically to find lots of stationary targets. Use the PLD to get the range and the Variable Zoom when needed. G18, T-UGS and Incendiary for anyone that gets too close.

Sorry Gerry......

Loadout Challange

Player: GerB40

Kit: Recon
    Primary: SRR-61
    Attachments: 8x Scope & Variable Zoom
    Secondary: G 18
    Grenade: M34 Incendiary
    Gadgets: PLD & T-UGS

Objective: Recon Expert

Only the 1 Assignment this week but I think you'll agree it's a proper challenge Gerry(remember, you asked for it):D. You'll need to get 29 Marksman Ribbons to complete it and unlock the FY-JS Sniper Rifle. I'd recommend Rush or anything on the China Rising dlc specifically to find lots of stationary targets. Use the PLD to get the range and the Variable Zoom when needed. G18, T-UGS and Incendiary for anyone that gets too close.

Sorry Gerry......

Nice one Darren, I've never really played rush so this should be fúcking delightful:)

GerB40 wrote: »
    Nice one Darren, I've never really played rush so this should be fúcking delightful:)

Yeah I noticed you like the GOL so I thought I'd at least keep it sniper related. Then I noticed the FY-JS is one of the few guns you haven't unlocked yet, and the fact you already had a big part of the assignment done meant I didn't feel too bad about bad picking it. The SRR is more consistent at range with less bullet drop than the GOL so that's why I chose it for ya.
    It's one of those assignments that can seem ridiculously long winded at a glance, especially if you're not into sniping. Took me ages to pick up the Ribbons until I decided to devout a weekend to it. Can't give any opinion of the FY-JS to be honest though, I've only actually got 1 kill since bothering to unlock it :).

Yeah I noticed you like the GOL so I thought I'd at least keep it sniper related. Then I noticed the FY-JS is one of the few guns you haven't unlocked yet, and the fact you already had a big part of the assignment done meant I didn't feel too bad about bad picking it. The SRR is more consistent at range with less bullet drop than the GOL so that's why I chose it for ya.
    It's one of those assignments that can seem ridiculously long winded at a glance, especially if you're not into sniping. Took me ages to pick up the Ribbons until I decided to devout a weekend to it. Can't give any opinion of the FY-JS to be honest though, I've only actually got 1 kill since bothering to unlock it :).

I'm actually enjoying it. I barely used the PLD before the latest update but at the moment it's fairly useless. It seems all fuzzy and all I can tag is vehicles. As soon as I get the range finder ill be laughin...

Player: None - Open Challenge
    Objective: 10 Shotgun ribbons (Total of 60 Kills)
    5 Pistol Ribbons (Total of 20 kills)
    Kit: Any
    Attachments: No optics or accessories.
    Any barrel alternation.
    12G Buckshot.

Secondary: M1911
    Attachments: No optics.
    Red laser.
    Compensator.

Grenades: M34 Incendiary
    Gadgets:
    Assault: Medic Bag and M320 LVG/ M320 HE
    Support: Ammo box and XM25 Air-burst
    Engineer: Javelin and EOD Bot
    Recon: Radio beacon and Claymore
    Time Limit: 24th of Oct (10 days from start of challenge)
    Additional Information: This challenge will start on the 15th of Oct at 14:00. Any kills you achieve between now and then will not count towards this challenge.

As usual - Thank this post to take part and on the 15th I'll add everyone to a table.

Note: Challenge heavily influenced by The Terminator (1984)

+Thanks to paul_booth_fan for the improvements.

XtraFalcon wrote: »
    Player: None - Open Challenge
    Objective: 10 Shotgun ribbons (Total of 60 Kills)
    5 Pistol Ribbons (Total of 20 kills)
    Kit: Any
    Attachments: User choice.
    Secondary: M1911
    Grenades: M34 Incendiary
    Gadgets:
    Assault: Medic Bag and M320 LVG/ M320 HE
    Support: Ammo box and XM25 Air-burst
    Engineer: Javelin and EOD Bot
    Recon: Radio beacon and Claymore
    Time Limit: 24th of Oct (10 days from start of challenge)
    Additional Information: This challenge will start on the 15th of Oct at 14:00. Any kills you achieve between now and then will not count towards this challenge.

As usual - Thank this post to take part and on the 15th I'll add everyone to a table.

Note: Challenge heavily influenced by The Terminator (1984)

In keeping with the Terminator theme of the challenge, how about no optics or accessories on the SPAS-12. You can change the barrel but must use Buckshot. Since we don't have the Hardballer 1911 in BF4, may I suggest the Compensator to extend the barrel, red laser and no optic to complete the look.

Just a suggestion

In keeping with the Terminator theme of the challenge, how about no optics or accessories on the SPAS-12. You can change the barrel but must use Buckshot. Since we don't have the Hardballer 1911 in BF4, may I suggest the Compensator to extend the barrel, red laser and no optic to complete the look.

Just a suggestion

Edited.
    +Thank you. :)

XtraFalcon wrote:
    Player: None - Open Challenge Objective: 10 Shotgun ribbons (Total of 60 Kills) 5 Pistol Ribbons (Total of 20 kills) Kit: Any Primary: Spas-12 Attachments: No optics or accessories. Any barrel alternation. 12G Buckshot.

Will have to count me out of this one. managed to complete darrens assignments with the spas, which I have now buried in a coffin never to be reused. :-) I couldn't handle another day with it. in fairness managed a 10 kill streak with it on locker before being shot down but that was using the darts, will try get the video up soon. Enjoy the pump delay lads, ye will love it ;-) I owe you a nice assignment after this one is over Darren! :-)

I owe you a nice assignment after this one is over Darren! :-)

Ha, well I'm gonna message BordorFox and see if he's up for the loadout challenge. If not, we'll be starting the merry go round again it'll be my turn in 2 weeks. So get thinking pal, pretty sure I'm owed a troll loadout from someone by now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭cobraeire

Ha, well I'm gonna message BordorFox and see if he's up for the loadout challenge. If not, we'll be starting the merry go round again it'll be my turn in 2 weeks. So get thinking pal, pretty sure I'm owed a troll loadout from someone by now :D

lol you could pick any gun or layout for him (even a nuke) and he`d still whinge :P

• Advertisement

cobraeire wrote: »
    lol you could pick any gun or layout for him (even a nuke) and he`d still whinge :P

Now now Cobra, it was probably that exact type of hostility(or sexual tension, not really sure what's going on with you 2....) that drove our poor wittle Fox away in the first place. Be nice and stab his heart with your knife, not your words:pac:

In other news, I'm having fun with the DMRs again. Finally managing to curb my instinct of bumrushing onto a flag and into a crowd of people like a madman. Seems to be paying off as well;

48hH4OE.png?1

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

Be nice and stab his heart with your knife, not your words:pac:

Remember who the stab king is here ladies lol

SharpCoder wrote: »
    Remember who the stab king is here ladies lol

Y1YwDDm.jpg

The knife owning pistol kiddies since the old days lmao

-> youtube.com/watch?v=AU-paVv6zTk

The knife owning pistol kiddies since the old days lmao

-> youtube.com/watch?v=AU-paVv6zTk

That's better. Starting to show our age are we Dermot?? :)

That's better. Starting to show our age are we Dermot?? :)

don't know what you're getting at, i'm only 21 :D

don't know what you're getting at, i'm only 21 :D

Yeah, but how many times have ya turned 21??

I was playing, well trying to play, Rush last night with Falstaff and I had to back out before I broke something. These new M-com locations have me completely outta sorts. I've no idea where to push or defend, not even sure of the best routes to get to there in the first place :(. I would end up put myself in a ridiculously stupid position (that would've been fine a few weeks ago) or find myself running to the old M-com locations. Didn't help that our squad seemed to be the only ones actually doing anything either. It'll take a while to get used to the new maps I guess but jeez it was demoralising last night.

Didn't help that our squad seemed to be the only ones actually doing anything either. It'll take a while to get used to the new maps I guess but jeez it was demoralising last night.

I'm guessing the lads from Sunday night are starting to follow you around.

XtraFalcon wrote: »
    I'm guessing the lads from Sunday night are starting to follow you around.

Ha, I hope not. Really having a bad run of luck with retarded random teammates the last week or so. Like playing a round of Rush and finding 2 squads of recons camped on an island off shore. ****ing 9 of them doing nothing....can't even teamkill them anymore :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭cobraeire

Hmm feeling thirsty :)
    bRhsOgi.png?1

Advertisement