Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bf4 clans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭cobraeire

got one for you to dermot :)
    yzFLYuo.png?1

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

we'll have to have a few dozen of those the weekend lol

@Cobra @BordorFox/SharpCoder

Great to see you 2 back together on boards, for a while there I thought this was gonna be our new clan logo;

YwYylQ6.jpg

@Cobra @BordorFox/SharpCoder

Great to see you 2 back together on boards, for a while there I thought this was gonna be our new clan logo;

YwYylQ6.jpg

Keep your friends close,but keep your enemies closer ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭thurlesdrunk

cobraeire wrote: »
    Keep your friends close,but keep your enemies closer ;)

About this close Cobra?! ;-)

WrSQD8c.jpg

WrSQD8c.jpg

thats it in a nutshell paul :D

that's exactly how i feel the moment he opens his mouth and starts whinging lol

SharpCoder wrote: »
    that's exactly how i feel the moment he opens his mouth and starts whinging lol

Here we go,your not five mins back and now your starting....ffs :p

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

Name| Shotgun Ribbons | Pistol Ribbons| Shotgun Target | Pistol Target
    XtraFalcon|50|95|60|100
    paul_booth_fan|51|132|61|137
    GerryB--|17|61|27|66

Anyone who would like to be a later entry - The challenge is on page 126 on PC/Laptop and 157 on mobile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Guys, anyone getting lowest ping on European servers of late or is it just my feckin internet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

mozattack wrote: »
    Guys, anyone getting lowest ping on European servers of late or is it just my feckin internet?

I've been rubberbanding like a fùckin ping pong ball an awful lot lately. I haven't noticed which servers they were but it only happens in maybe half the games I join.

XtraFalcon wrote: »
    XtraFalcon|50|95|60|100
    paul_booth_fan|51|132|61|137
    GerryB--|17|61|27|66

Anyone who would like to be a later entry - The challenge is on page 126 on PC/Laptop and 157 on mobile.

Forgot about this challenge, wasted time on Shadow of Mordor last night :(

Speaking of challenges, you up for the Loadout Challenge this week Dermot??

3pkszmM.png?1jYfKSX7.png?2

Done and done:P

Still not loving the shotguns in this game and it's purely down to their horrendous hip fire accuracy. Have zero confidence when faced with an enemy, even in close range. Always forces you to waste time by going ADS thus removing any advantage you might have. The 1911 is poor to be honest, can't really see why you'd use it over the Compact 45(which fires slightly faster and has a bigger capacity). At least I can equip my Deagle again:D

Forgot about this challenge, wasted time on Shadow of Mordor last night :(

Speaking of challenges, you up for the Loadout Challenge this week Dermot??

i can try it at least, what is this loadout challenges all about

SharpCoder wrote: »
    i can try it at least, what is this loadout challenges all about

Basically, I'll have a look at your Battlelog(specifically your Assignments and weapons) and come up with a few Assignments for you to focus on and a dedicated loadout for you to use. No troll loadouts but probably something you haven't used a lot. You get 1 week to complete the assignment(s).

For example, this was Cobras;

Loadout Challenge

Player: cobraeire

Kit: Engineer
    Primary: AK 5C
    Attachments: Red Dot Sight, Stubby Grip, Flash Hider, Tactical Light
    Secondary: CZ-75, green laser
    Grenades: M67 Frag
    Gadgets: SMAW, Repair Tool

Objectives: Complete the Stealth Assassin(6 Melee Ribbons), Co-Pilot(5 Squad Repairs) and Swedish Steel Assignments, plus 1 bonus objective 

3pkszmM.png?1jYfKSX7.png?2

Done and done:P

You beat it in hours as opposed to days.

I do like the little theme twist on this one though. Adds a nice spin to the original idea. Best hope I don't watch 300 to avoid having to use the ballistic shield.

+Nice to see the Imgur links being used.

XtraFalcon|Completed
    paul_booth_fan|Completed
    GerryB--|17|61|27|66

You beat it in hours as opposed to days.

I do like the little theme twist on this one though. Adds a nice spin to the original idea. Best hope I don't watch 300 to avoid having to use the ballistic shield.

+Nice to see the Imgur links being used.

Found that once I kept a mental count of the pistol kills it was easy enough. Nothing worse than getting only 3 kills and not getting the Ribbon. I'd pepper them with the SPAS and spam the 1911 to finish em off. Shotgun Ribbons were fairly straightforward.

I'm liking Imgur and being able to correctly size the images alright. Awkward uploading from the phone then editing on the laptop but if it means my pictures aren't the width and height of the average feckin PC monitor then it's worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Probably a stupid question but is premium worth it at the moment on psn now thats its down to €20. Is there official servers for premium maps or are they all custom ones?

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Probably a stupid question but is premium worth it at the moment on psn now thats its down to €20. Is there official servers for premium maps or are they all custom ones?

I'm fairly new to battlefield so all I'll say is I bought premium and you can get premium specific servers. Just pick one of the maps for whichever dlc you want (let's say the dragons teeth map) and in the server selection you should see something like Conquest - China Rising-Dice-Normal.

Dice will mean it's official and China Rising will mean you'll only be playing maps from that DLC.

Hope this noob could help...

• Advertisement

For €20 I'd recommend it. I personally like the China Rising dlc, Naval Strike is great, I really enjoy the infantry centric Dragons Teeth, Final Stand looks like it's going to be an armour playground :D, while in my opinion Second Assault is very underwhelming. The weapons available to unlock in the DLCs are arguably some of the stronger ones in the game as well, so for €20 I think it's a good deal.
    I think you'll get all the previous Premium monthly Battlepacks as well once you activate your Premium account(don't quote me though). There's also 1 more Premium double XP weekend left as well so it's a great chance to rank up quickly.

For €20 I'd recommend it. I personally like the China Rising dlc, Naval Strike is great, I really enjoy the infantry centric Dragons Teeth, Final Stand looks like it's going to be an armour playground :D, while in my opinion Second Assault is very underwhelming. The weapons available to unlock in the DLCs are arguably some of the stronger ones in the game as well, so for €20 I think it's a good deal.
    I think you'll get all the previous Premium monthly Battlepacks as well once you activate your Premium account(don't quote me though). There's also 1 more Premium double XP weekend left as well so it's a great chance to rank up quickly.

Yeah when I bought premium I got like 40/50 battlepacks. A lot of them were just knives but it's fair handy to unlock a sniper rifle and already have a 20x scope.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

How big is each map pack roughly in terms if HDD space?

I reckon you're looking at around 1GB per pack. (At most) A lot of us have played since release so when the map packs were released we also had to download a fairly loaded patch with it.

But generally maps packs should be about 700MB - 1GB each.
    BF4 in it's entirety (All patches and map packs) clocks in at 55GB+
    Hope that helps.

++Issues connecting to the network for anyone else?

++Issues connecting to the network for anyone else?

i decided to play some bf4 last night when i could n the crap psn was down....again.

on a lighter note, if you want to put up one of these loadouts for me, go ahead.

I'm liking Imgur and being able to correctly size the images alright. Awkward uploading from the phone then editing on the laptop but if it means my pictures aren't the width and height of the average feckin PC monitor then it's worth it.

I wrote a small program a year or so ago that lets you upload to imgur via a url or a image on your pc, it then gives you the direct link and the delete url and saves the all in a log file for future reference.

they're at least 3.5gb

Lads, is anyone finding the European servers having no ping/worse ping? It has been like that for me all week, so much so I am playing on USA servers but because of that I am experiencing lag.

Not sure if it is UPC or PSN.

mozattack wrote: »
    Lads, is anyone finding the European servers having no ping/worse ping? It has been like that for me all week, so much so I am playing on USA servers but because of that I am experiencing lag.

Not sure if it is UPC or PSN.

There's definitely something up with the servers. Since getting a new net provider over a year ago I haven't lagged once, (honestly not once) but in the last week or so most of the servers I've joined have been lagging..

Something is definitely wrong.

• Advertisement

GerB40, thanks.

Well good at least it isn't me so Chorus will be saved an earful on Monday!

Advertisement