Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MMA Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,357 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Care to elaborate?

I can barely remember what happened but it was something to do with getting his username changed or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

callaway92 wrote: »
    I can barely remember what happened but it was something to do with getting his username changed or something.

Was it not a tattoo? The username change was for someone else who changed to "Pendred Fists of Fury"... Epic...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Dont know what your talking about lads...

@Wonderfullife was just asking you seem to know a good bit about grappling you should take it up and try some training if your body allows it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Gamebred wrote: »
    Dont know what your talking about lads...

@Wonderfullife was just asking you seem to know a good bit about grappling you should take it up and try some training if your body allows it!

+1 do all the grappling all the times!

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Kevin Moran

Decent podcast from lads in Strange Wolves MMA in Galway, worth a listen:

https://www.facebook.com/thestrangewolvespodcast/?fref=ts

http://strangewolves.com/podcast/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

bad Pectus Excavatum

Is that what Tre Telligman had?

Edit, wrong. Telligman was missing a pectoral muscle after an accident.

I see SBG's number 1 cheerleader in the media has gotten his dream job working for Conor himself on the maclife.com, Andrew McGahon leaving severemma to work for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

I see SBG's number 1 cheerleader in the media has gotten his dream job working for Conor himself on the maclife.com, Andrew McGahon leaving severemma to work for them.

Didnt spot that now where was it announced? fair play to the lad!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

It was announced on their podcast earlier - fair play to Andrew. He has put a huge amount of work into covering both the local and pro Irish mma scene and building Severe over the last few years with the lads. Working part time to fund that and try follow a passion is a thankless task and he deserves any success he gets from the new job.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Andrew seems like a really nice guy. Best of luck to him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Very harsh, Andrew promotes all of Irish MMA, not just SBG. No other media guy has probably done more for the exposure of MMA in the country then himself and Petsey Carroll.

Met him in Vegas at UFC194, A gentleman.

TimRiggins wrote: »
    Very harsh, Andrew promotes all of Irish MMA, not just SBG. No other media guy has probably done more for the exposure of MMA in the country then himself and Petsey Carroll.

Met him in Vegas at UFC194, A gentleman.

agree there, does an awful lot of work covering local events up and down the country.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Depp wrote: »
    agree there, does an awful lot of work covering local events up and down the country.

And mostly out of his own pocket..

Anyone watching the rugby? think my voice is gone for a few days after that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Anyone watching the rugby? think my voice is gone for a few days after that!

Did it for Foley. Full stop. Would have taken a superhuman effort to beat Ireland today.

Some catch from Zebo from that up-and-under. Colossal hits from Trimble and Henshaw. Atmosphere unreal.

Just hope we didn't use up all our luck before next weeks big one :)

Did it for Foley. Full stop. Would have taken a superhuman effort to beat Ireland today.

Some catch from Zebo from that up-and-under. Colossal hits from Trimble and Henshaw. Atmosphere unreal.

''I wont head out says I, They'll only lose and it'll be a sh!t night'' good thinking from me again! what a performance though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Unbelievable result and surely one of the greatest days in Irish sporting history. I genuinely cried when they beat us in 2013. I thought we would never do it after that.

So sick with myself though. Had some (sort of) business to take care of in chicago and elected to send someone else next month instead of going myself this week. Raging!!!

John_D80 wrote: »
    Unbelievable result and surely one of the greatest days in Irish sporting history. I genuinely cried when they beat us in 2013. I thought we would never do it after that.

So sick with myself though. Had some (sort of) business to take care of in chicago and elected to send someone else next month instead of going myself this week. Raging!!!

between that and the cubs during the week I'd say the place is hopping!

Gonna be a good week for the Irish! ;)

It was a glorified friendly lads get over it.

• Advertisement

between that and the cubs during the week I'd say the place is hopping!

Unreal I'd say. Saw on facebook that even White Sox Fans were out celebrating the Cubs win.

Of all the US cities I've visited I would honestly say as well that Chicago is far and away the ''most Irish''.

Funnily enough though the All Blacks didn't treat it as such. Not even in the slightest. Best available 15 started.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,311 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Don't run down a major achievement by that Irish team. Win or lose, their effort deserves better than that.

TherapyBoy wrote: »
    Don't run down a major achievement by that Irish team. Win or lose, their effort deserves better than that.

I'd say the same about any nation celebrating a friendly win like they won the world cup.

I'd say the same about any nation celebrating a friendly win like they won the world cup.

I dont know how you can say that. You're exxagerating to extreme lengths there. If we won the world cup believe me there would far more celebrations than what is going on now.

Its a huge achievement, from a team that was on the wrong end of a 24 point spread going into the game.

111 years coming. Friendly or not, its a huge day for rugby fans and (most) irish sports fans.

Gamebred wrote:

Ah now..You're just being controversial for the sake of it.....Great victory.

Stick to MMA bro :)

New Zealand culture doesn't compute the word "friendly". Rugby is a religion over there.

That black shirt is treated as sacred. As soon as you put that on, you're expected to run through a brick wall for the shirt and for the nation.

More to the point, they were on such a win-streak and seeking to go down as the best side of all time.

They will be absolutely gutted and sick tonight. Honest to God they will actually feel like there's been a death in the family to lose that game.

Say whatever you like if it makes you feel better but you simply can't understate that achievement today. It was a monumental effort by the team and they deserve every plaudit that comes their way.

Today is not the day to do a Roy Keane and diminish the plucky Irish getting the big win. They were warriors today and played for the memory of Axel Foley. I truly believe they'd have beaten any team in the world today in those 80 minutes.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Without being disrespectful to Axel but they did it for themselves, not in his memory.

@Gamebred, that NZ team is the first ever to lose to us, that's a big thing for them friendly or no friendly.

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Without being disrespectful to Axel but they did it for themselves, not in his memory.

@Gamebred, that NZ team is the first ever to lose to us, that's a big thing for them friendly or no friendly.

29 games and 111 years waiting! a proud day for any Irish rugby fan!

• Advertisement

CatFromHue wrote: »

Absolutely - what i meant was there are many reasons why rugby players put their heart and soul into performance. There's your own pride in performance. There's pride in the jersey, in representing your family, county, and province when you put the green jersey on. There's a sense of wanting to do all those who held the jersey before you proud. There's a sense of obligation to those competing for your jersey to do it proud.

They did do it for all those reasons.

All i'm saying is you can be certain each and every one of them wanted to do Axel proud too and that would have been a huge motivating factor. You can't put a price on that.

Advertisement