Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bellator/WSOF/One FC etc events Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Juan Torres is off his head :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Mobdro app is good.

Doesn't exist in the app store

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Mobdro app is good.

cant find spike on it can you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Wren didn't look great. Definition of a bad win.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

How is everyone watching this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Freak show card! I have money on Ken and Kimbo.

Unless it's rigged (not unlikely) I don't see how Kimbo doesn't win, I've watched Dada's 2 fights and he is awful.

Anyone watching? Kimbo fight about to start I can see him getting a ko within 2 minutes Dada is mike jackson level.

This is the biggest pile of crap I've ever seen.

Worst fight of all time, both guys were too tired to keep their hands up after a minute never mind throw a proper punch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 49 mocathain

Worst Mma fight I have ever watched
    my 4 year old nephew throws a better punch than dada 500

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Hope you guys still have more in the tank!

GRACIE V SHAMROCK TIME!!!

Im in stitches laughing absolute gold that is the worst and funniest fight in combat history.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

So Big John Mccarthy won the Kimbo Slice v Dada5000 fight by KO.

Pretty sure Dada fell over from exhaustion rather than any punch, or he just gave up. Imagine what any technically half decent, in shape fighter could do to them? I reckon Mighty Mouse could've beaten either by running around for a minute or 2 until they got tired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,613 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Pretty sure Dada fell over from exhaustion rather than any punch, or he just gave up. Imagine what any technically half decent, in shape fighter could do to them? I reckon Mighty Mouse could've beaten either by running around for a minute or 2 until they got tired.

I thought it was the last uppercut that connected. It wobbled him and he was falling down for about 10 seconds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Beersmith

That event is an embarrassment to mma

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Dont know what to say tbh

W2lempS.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,905 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

That was shocking. I thought it couldn't get worse than Dada falling around the place but then i see Kenneth lying on his side holding his balls while Royce hammerfisted him. Was such a bizarre scene. And then the ref holds both of their hands up.

Roll on 3 weeks of UFC to hopefully wipe all trace of Bellator 149 from my memory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

Hadn't been paying attention to mma for the last month or so , once I saw the card for this I knew i shouldn't bother but was compelled to see it all the same :D

Yeah it was actually worse than i was expecting, it's probably a little unfair to Bellator do as they have some great fighters on the books but it seems like they have been relying a little on the likes of these guys to sell cards.

Anyway theres a wsof and one event to look forward to this weekend to wash the taste of this event out of my mouth :D

Edit: Actually I did enjoy Mike Tyson commentating at the Bellator event :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Hands down the worst fight I've ever seen. Kimbo and Dada both employing the Homer Simpson boxing strategy, awful stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

2 of the worst fights I have ever watched! It was actually worse than I feared!!

That Kimbo/Dada fight was just a complete disaster. How any promotion could put that on is a joke and surely neither will ever fight in 'professional' sports again. John McCarthy needs to take a look at himself for letting that go on. From about 1 minute in both looked exhausted! Gracie/Shamrock wasn't much better! 2 utterly past it fighters taking a payday with a contraversial ending? hmmmm I hope that is the last we see of them.

Bellator are like a parody mma promotion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Devastator wrote: »
    2 of the worst fights I have ever watched! It was actually worse than I feared!!

That Kimbo/Dada fight was just a complete disaster. How any promotion could put that on is a joke and surely neither will ever fight in 'professional' sports again. John McCarthy needs to take a look at himself for letting that go on. From about 1 minute in both looked exhausted! Gracie/Shamrock wasn't much better! 2 utterly past it fighters taking a payday with a contraversial ending? hmmmm I hope that is the last we see of them.

Bellator are like a parody mma promotion.

Not sure John Mccarthy should be taking any blame. What grounds would he have for stopping the fight really? Disqualify both guys for being exhausted?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Not sure John Mccarthy should be taking any blame. What grounds would he have for stopping the fight really? Disqualify both guys for being exhausted?

Basically because it was sh*t? :D

Seriously though, in the last round, dada especially, could you call it "intelligently defending themselves" when they couldn't lift their hands above their hips?

I like Big John, he's been around so long and been involved in the current MMA rules,etc it just seemed very strange watching him let the two of them go on. If they were dogs/horses the vet would have put a little curtain up around them before you heard a *bang*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Been away for a while. Caught up on Bellator and WSOF.

Bellator was painful stuff. Whatever about the various celebrities they had tweeting about it to gain interest from casual fans, it's an event that could really hinder them in the future.

I tend to view Bellator as a side show. They've got some quality fighters but it's so hard to take them seriously with their latest card. An absolute joke.

WSOF was surprisingly good but their venue selections are appalling. Their latest event was held in the Next Level Sports Complex in California which is essentially a large community centre.

It'd be ok for a regional promotion on a small scale but WSOF is shown on NBC which is a pretty major network in the States.

Marlon Moraes is an absolute beast of a fighter and has vicious leg kicks. He's arguably their biggest talent but I think he was on the MMA Hour recently discussing that he's only got 2 fights left on his contract and wants to move on.

A promoter that really needs to up its game badly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

• Advertisement

John Kavanagh was saying on The MMA Hour that one of his young pros will be signing for Bellator. Gallagher or Tuke I wonder?

Paully D wrote: »
    John Kavanagh was saying on The MMA Hour that one of his young pros will be signing for Bellator. Gallagher or Tuke I wonder?

Its Gallagher,wise move from them.

Gamebred wrote: »

Is it confirmed?

Excellent news and it's great to see Coker/Bellator eyeing up young talent. Do BAMMA and BAMMA US have a connection?

Pretty sure at one of their shows recently on the prelims that there were BAMMA US fighters competing.

Could be a nice feeder promotion if it is indeed the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

That_Guy wrote: »
    Excellent news and it's great to see Coker/Bellator eyeing up young talent. Do BAMMA and BAMMA US have a connection?

Pretty sure at one of their shows recently on the prelims that there were BAMMA US fighters competing.

Could be a nice feeder promotion if it is indeed the case.

Univision own spike and have a partnership with chanel five in the UK through spike UK, they also own Bellator. That's the link.

Univision own spike and have a partnership with chanel five in the UK through spike UK, they also own Bellator. That's the link.

Cheers for that. Could be a serious talent pool for Bellator in the future provided they quit with the novelty fights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

I only listened to this earlier this morning. A friend told me it was Tuke. Any solid confirmation either way from Bellator or SBG yet?

Anyway tuning in to Invicta tonight?

Angela Hill and Jessamyn Duke both on the card (both underdogs). Hamasaki v Brown should be an interesting main event.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Fight pass Paully, I have a free month code there if you want it.

ASOT wrote: »

Ah crap, I meant to say "anyone". :pac: Stupid auto-correct.

I'm a subscriber myself mate but thanks for the offer, I appreciate it.

Paully D wrote: »
    Ah crap, I meant to say "anyone". :pac: Stupid auto-correct.

I'm a subscriber myself mate but thanks for the offer, I appreciate it.

It's all G, I got 5 codes off ufc rewards, assize build up of points from just making my fantasy picks!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Those weigh ins were terrible!. It took ages for a fighter to appear after being announced!, you would swear Cheltenham was on in the background or something!

I used to have it dont bother anymore,can i use one your codes or do I need to go through registering a new card and all?

I used to have it dont bother anymore,can i use one your codes or do I need to go through registering a new card and all?

If your subs not set up anymore you should just be able to pop it in, I cancel my sub then enter the code for the new month, il send it on to you now and you can have a look anyway!

If your subs not set up anymore you should just be able to pop it in, I cancel my sub then enter the code for the new month, il send it on to you now and you can have a look anyway!

Nice one pal ill give it a shot.

califano wrote: »
    Those weigh ins were terrible!. It took ages for a fighter to appear after being announced!, you would swear Cheltenham was on in the background or something!

Reminded me of this :pac:

Anyone watching glory?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Anyone watching glory?

Tv or online?

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Tv or online?

Live on Fightpass since ufc got the rights after Spike dropped it! Always liked glory.

Saulo Cavalari about to do work right now (not seen his opponent to be honest)

Saulo Cavalari about to do work right now (not seen his opponent to be honest)

getting lit up 3 rds down belt is gone without a ko.

• Advertisement
Advertisement