Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bellator/WSOF/One FC etc events Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭qwabercd

I see she's a product of the Cathal Pendred school of striking.

*He's

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Some of the worst striking ive ever seen there is 10 year old girls kickboxing that have better stand up than her,and look at the size of her,LOL at the MOD on here who infracted me over speculating about what shes on hang your head in shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

The line from Deuce Bigalow comes to mind when I see her........ That's a big bi**h.

She's about as skilled as Bob Sapp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

10 time IBJJF World champion and 2 time ADCC World Champion.

She'd choke anyone on this thread out in about 30 seconds flat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,736 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Because she's a steroid induced freak

Yeah and I'd light her up light a christmas tree with one hand whats your point,its mma were critiquing on and shes shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

No chance, I'll have you know I'm a hell of a sprinter :cool:

Gamebred wrote: »
    Yeah and I'd light her up light a christmas tree with one hand whats your point,its mma were critiquing on and shes shocking.

It's her first fight. A lot of grapplers look terrible in their first fights. Some of them in the UFC still look terrible and get by.

She'd have you mounted, eating elbows and asking for your mammy, get over yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,430 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Mod:
    Lads, no matter how painfully obvious it may be that someone could be using steroids, it's still against the charter to speculate. I don't make the rules but there you go.
    Give it a rest.

• Advertisement

It's her first fight. A lot of grapplers look terrible in their first fights. Some of them in the UFC still look terrible and get by.

She'd have you mounted, eating elbows and asking for your mammy, get over yourself.

Go to any Club show in the ringside and you'll see better striking by 10 year olds,herself and kron wouldnt get past 1 round of the novices in leinster.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

El Guapo! wrote: »
    Mod:
    Lads, no matter how painfully obvious it may be that someone could be using steroids, it's still against the charter to speculate. I don't make the rules but there you go.
    Give it a rest.

In fairness she did fail a test before, it might not have been for steroids but it was a banned substance none the less, so for that reason it's way more likely more than speculation that she is indeed taking another banned substance.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,430 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

ASOT wrote: »
    In fairness she did fail a test before, it might not have been for steroids but it was a banned substance none the less, so for that reason it's way more likely more than speculation that she is indeed taking another banned substance.

I agree 100%
    But like I said, it's the site rules. I don't make the rules. It's just how it is.

ASOT wrote: »

She failed for a fertility drug and it was overturned as it has no performance enhancing qualities for females.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

She failed for a fertility drug and it was overturned as it has no performance enhancing qualities for females.

It was still a banned substance, which is what I was getting at. It statistically would make her more likely to be on something having already failed a test already, but we'll leave it at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,736 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Do you think she's clean?

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Do you think she's clean?

Innocent until proven guilty. A mod has already pointed out that speculation is against site rules.

You're talking to the wall lads if you think Gabi is all natural good on ya,no point in debating it the mods will be crying,forget it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I think she's just big boned.

In the Y-fronts department.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Her stance looks almost identical to Wanderlei's, striking is woeful though.
    She should have got it to the ground so she could show off what she's actually good at.

Also didn't look like the shot that knocked the other lass down really connected that well, maybe just a bad camera angle though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Anyone see last night's Invicta? It was an enjoyable card. Good win for Angela Hill on her debut, and Souza and Cyborg defended their titles with first round stoppages. Cyborg did some job on Ibragimova :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Paully D wrote: »
    Anyone see last night's Invicta? It was an enjoyable card. Good win for Angela Hill on her debut, and Souza and Cyborg defended their titles with first round stoppages. Cyborg did some job on Ibragimova :eek:

Ya some decent bouts alright. Whatever it is they are paying Cyborgs victims isn't enough appears shes not going to bother making 135 at all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

She probably thought she had a very good chance at beating Ronda but not as much against Holm, it was also a much bigger pay day.

Cyborgs striking would have caused Ronda some serious problems along with her strength. Holly Holm is too techinical a striker i feel for Cyborg and would be able to counter and keep her foot on the outside and keep distance. Brawler vs technique

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

One FC is such a good promotion to watch. Some brilliant fights on the card but the highlight was this rather interesting escape from a guillotine choke.

You'll need Facebook to watch it I think...

https://www.facebook.com/melvinyeohmma/videos/730695823728229/?fref=nf

That_Guy wrote: »
    One FC is such a good promotion to watch. Some brilliant fights on the card but the highlight was this rather interesting escape from a guillotine choke.

You'll need Facebook to watch it I think...

https://www.facebook.com/melvinyeohmma/videos/730695823728229/?fref=nf

All dude getting slammed had to do to avoid it is open his guard and sprawl, it was idiocy to hold on while the other guy is lifting you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

All dude getting slammed had to do to avoid it is open his guard and sprawl, it was idiocy to hold on while the other guy is lifting you.

I dont think anyone was expecting him to slam him in the direction he did. Generally if you are picked up when attempting a guillotine the person tends to slam you on to your back. Sometimes this makes thing worse as they go deeper into the choke, if the choke is deep it can be worth it to hang on instead of opening guard and sprawling and bailing on the sub.

I certainly would not call it idiocy , a lot of people would of held on to that guillotine as it was very deep. The guy who did the slamming was in desperation mode and did something hardly anyone has seen before in a MMA fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

WSOF are such a weird promotion. Caught up with their latest event from Saturday night. They've introduced rankings which is interesting but they had a guy in the co-main event who was only making his debut ranked at #9.

Really strange.

Not sure what to make of that particular promotion. I initially liked what they're doing but they seem to have nosedived off a cliff fairly rapidly. Not sure I like them tweeting/facebooking UFC/Bellator/Invicta news though.

That's quite strange to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Personally, I hate head kicks on the ground.

https://twitter.com/GrabakaHitman/status/693067562184237056/photo/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Heart attack was the official verdict for the ONC FC kid who collasped cutting weight in December

http://www.scmp.com/sport/china/article/1894393/heart-attack-caused-chinese-mma-fighters-death-ahead-philippines-bout

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Devastator wrote: »
    Heart attack was the official verdict for the ONC FC kid who collasped cutting weight in December

http://www.scmp.com/sport/china/article/1894393/heart-attack-caused-chinese-mma-fighters-death-ahead-philippines-bout

Yupp, I find it hard to watch the soccer kicks form the early UFC's, thank God they got rid of that, shouldn't be allowed in any modern mma rules.

Advertisement