Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bellator/WSOF/One FC etc events Thread

Options
134689140

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭ASOT


    Devastator wrote: »
    Jaysus if you're that desperate to see a couple of pensioners fight just go into any nursing home and throw an open bag of wethers originals onto the ground. There will be no tapping out there.



    He's plenty of time left for him to get a good pay cheque in another organisation on his past. I think he'll stay with the UFC and he let it run down to try and negotiate a better deal



    Its not because of the IV, its because RR got beat and will now rematch Holm. Invicta announced she'll defend 145 title instead of fighting at 140 because there is no longer a rush for her to get used to the further weight cut because a fight with RR isn't close.

    I know it's fairly obvious but that's the reason she's giving.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator


    ASOT wrote: »
    I know it's fairly obvious but that's the reason she's giving.


    Well thats different to the invicta script. There was video of some woman(she was some sort of invicta official) who said between them & UFC it was decided she would defend at 145 because the RR fight is further away then they had thought


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭ASOT


    Devastator wrote: »
    Well thats different to the invicta script. There was video of some woman(she was some sort of invicta official) who said between them & UFC it was decided she would defend at 145 because the RR fight is further away then they had thought

    Yep that's part of it but she basically said it was down to the IV ban aswell.

    http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/12/5/9853208/invicta-boss-cris-cyborg-will-fight-at-145-next-drop-to-bantamweight


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator


    ASOT wrote: »
    Yep that's part of it but she basically said it was down to the IV ban aswell.

    http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/12/5/9853208/invicta-boss-cris-cyborg-will-fight-at-145-next-drop-to-bantamweight


    That looks like the same woman(probably video too). I didn't actually watch the video just read the summary that was posted with it so it may not have had full content.


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭ASOT


    Devastator wrote: »
    That looks like the same woman(probably video too). I didn't actually watch the video just read the summary that was posted with it so it may not have had full content.

    Itl be fairly hard for her to make 135 I'd say but imo she won't be getting the same rewards as the fight won't be as big, might not be worth it for her unless RR wins the belt back.


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator


    ASOT wrote: »
    Itl be fairly hard for her to make 135 I'd say but imo she won't be getting the same rewards as the fight won't be as big, might not be worth it for her unless RR wins the belt back.


    Not according to Joe Rogan :eek::D

    Yeah even IF RR wins back the belt I don't think she'll have the same (PPV) draw in general now that they can't push the invincible hype with her. Definitely don't think they could put her in a huge stadium as headliner(with fairly weak card for ppv) in future.


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred




  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus


    Gamebred wrote: »
    Christ she's huge...
    Seems she's put back on all the bulk she lost after popping for PED's

    She's like a Brazilian Chyna


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos


    Tazzimus wrote: »
    Christ she's huge...
    Seems she's put back on all the bulk she lost after popping for PED's

    She's like a Brazilian Chyna

    Garcia or Cyborg? Because Cyborg is fighting at 145 in Invecta in like 3 weeks, so she's probably at about 165-170ish right now.

    Garcia wasn't popped for PED's she had a fail which was later reversed because the drug she failed for has no benefit for female athletes and is used to regulate menstrual cycles and enhance fertility.

    Either way, both of them look a lot smaller than they used to.


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred


    Both are on more juice than overoid in his prime.


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos


    Gamebred wrote: »
    Both are on more juice than overoid in his prime.

    Well Cyborg is getting the same tests as everyone in the UFC, everyone signed to ZUFFA is so until she gets popped you're chatitng nonsense.

    Gabbie is about half the size she used to be and is regularly tested by the USADA for IBJJF competitions. If they were jucing as much as you claim they'd be caught every time they're tested.


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred


    Well Cyborg is getting the same tests as everyone in the UFC, everyone signed to ZUFFA is so until she gets popped you're chatitng nonsense.

    Gabbie is about half the size she used to be and is regularly tested by the USADA for IBJJF competitions. If they were jucing as much as you claim they'd be caught every time they're tested.



    mourinho-gif1.gif?w=620&h=348&crop=1


    Go way are ya serious? you think the pair are clean?


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus


    Garcia or Cyborg? Because Cyborg is fighting at 145 in Invecta in like 3 weeks, so she's probably at about 165-170ish right now.

    Garcia wasn't popped for PED's she had a fail which was later reversed because the drug she failed for has no benefit for female athletes and is used to regulate menstrual cycles and enhance fertility.

    Either way, both of them look a lot smaller than they used to.

    Garcia.

    Yeh my bad I didn't know it was reversed after.
    She doesn't look that much smaller than the tuf pictures of her, didn't she slim right down at one point though?

    I'd hate to roll with her she'd tie you in knots..


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred


    Cyborg was done for anabolic steroids anyways,if you believe gabi is clean you must also believe in the big man coming friday night in the red suit.


  • Registered Users Posts: 39,210 ✭✭✭✭Mellor


    Garcia wasn't popped for PED's she had a fail which was later reversed because the drug she failed for has no benefit for female athletes and is used to regulate menstrual cycles and enhance fertility.
    Yeah was a female fertilitry drug, that males use to kickstart their system post cycle.
    Well Cyborg is getting the same tests as everyone in the UFC, everyone signed to ZUFFA is so until she gets popped you're chatitng nonsense.

    She's been tested, and has passed three times.

    But that does't change the fact that when was on steroids in the past either.
    Gabbie is about half the size she used to be and is regularly tested by the USADA for IBJJF competitions.

    That bit is not really true.

    The testing is BJJ events is extremely limited.
    Last year USADA tested only 10 athletes. All in completion tests, at one event. IBJJF Worlds. I imagine it's the 10 winners. This year was the same.
    All other comps are testing free and out of comp testing is not done. Not getting caught in BJJ, in no way means someone is clean.
    Tazzimus wrote: »
    didn't she slim right down at one point though?

    I'd hate to roll with her she'd tie you in knots..

    gabigarcia-660x400.jpg?74d096


    She's an extreme talent grappler, but a large part of her dominance was the fact she was huge, even for the super heavyweight class.
    After slimming down she lost a final for the first time in years, to a much smaller opponent (55kg I think)


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred


    Some great david v goliath type jiu jitsu open weight matches out there on that topic if people wanna see some,Marcelo Garcia is your man,no bother to him taking out monsters.


  • Registered Users Posts: 39,210 ✭✭✭✭Mellor


    Marcelo is class, smashing everyone despite being on 70kg.
    But Caio Terra deserves a mention winning absolutes weighing on 56kg


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred


    Mellor wrote: »
    Marcelo is class, smashing everyone despite being on 70kg.
    But Caio Terra deserves a mention winning absolutes weighing on 56kg



    Yes theres some very small dudes in the grappling game that would wrap you in a ball,the miyao brother look like 2 nerds,absolute freaks on the ground.


  • Registered Users Posts: 39,210 ✭✭✭✭Mellor


    The Miyao's ARE two nerds to be fair ;)


  • Registered Users Posts: 12,433 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!


    Any more steroid accusations and posters will be banned.


  • Advertisement
  • Posts: 0 [Deleted User]


    Realised today I'd not checked to see to see what if anything was on in Japan for new year, Rizin have a serious amount of names fighting including Fedor coming out if retirement but as usual for these things the match making is a bit all over the place, still though they will have 2 cards this week.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos


    Realised today I'd not checked to see to see what if anything was on in Japan for new year, Rizin have a serious amount of names fighting including Fedor coming out if retirement but as usual for these things the match making is a bit all over the place, still though they will have 2 cards this week.

    3.

    29th, 30th and 31st.


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭ASOT


    The Heavyweight tournament has some decent names it'll be good!


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos


    Is it being shown on Irish/UK tv or am I going to have to use a vpn to watch it on spike usa?


  • Posts: 0 [Deleted User]


    3.

    29th, 30th and 31st.

    Nice !!!!

    Any word on who's calling the fights for the US/International broadcasts?? Would love to see Michael Schiavello do it, haven't heard him do much in recent years?


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos


    Nice !!!!

    Any word on who's calling the fights for the US/International broadcasts?? Would love to see Michael Schiavello do it, haven't heard him do much in recent years?

    Not a clue, guess it will be the usual Bellator guys though if it's on spike and Viacom are somehow involved.


  • Registered Users Posts: 39,210 ✭✭✭✭Mellor


    The Rizin cards look awful.

    Fedor's opponent has only had 3 mma fights. His grappling is non-existent.

    Sakuraba vrs Aoki sounds like a work in the makings.

    Kron gonna Kron.

    Any bookie taking bets?


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos


    Apparently, by all accounts, Rizin 1 night 1 was pretty blood good.


    Trying to find a way of watching it as an all in one rather than skipping between videos at the minute.


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭ASOT


    Apparently, by all accounts, Rizin 1 night 1 was pretty blood good.


    Trying to find a way of watching it as an all in one rather than skipping between videos at the minute.

    All fights were R1 finishes bar three, two being round 2&3 and the other was a decision! Gonna give it a bash later.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭mmapk


    The card was an awesome piece of matchmaking for JMMA. it was nuts, bananas and bizarre with great R1 finishes all rolled into a Pride ring.
    My only let down (along with others this am) was the time it took the ref to stop the main card, apart from that put yourself into Pride mode and enjoy the fights, the tournie showcased the worlds best prospects (and a few vets).
    Cannot wait until the 1st, had to stream the whole thing in Russian but c'est la vie.

    Try looking on https://twitter.com/ZidanSports for the fights, trust me the time before fights were Russian adverts.


Advertisement