Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bellator/WSOF/One FC etc events Thread

Options
12467140

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 39,206 ✭✭✭✭Mellor


    I don't have an issue with waiting for the ref to stop it. That's fine. But there's a huge difference between holding position and cranking it as much as possible before the red gets here. Which is what Palhares appears to do.
    Joe Lauzon sums it up the Palhares situation pretty well here.
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10153477783403570&id=8146588569&_rdr


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano


    Weigh-ins for Bellator 141 for anyone interested in anything outside the ufc

    Looks to be a bit of bad blood in the Patricky Freire v Saad Awad match up.


  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D




  • Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano


    cagekings.jpg

    Pro MMA:

    Dylan Sheehan vs Blaine O’Driscoll
    James Gallagher vs Denis Ahern
    Tommy Martin vs TBA


    Amateur MMA:

    Dillion Manning vs Dwayne Crowley
    Jack Maguire vs Paudie Cosgrave
    Guillaume Litko vs Lee Hammond
    Dean Martin vs Elliot Levi

    link


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84


    As far as I know Tommy Martin does not have an opponent and is not fighting.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D


    ASOT wrote: »
    Well Saul is pretty terrible. Fairly shocked he got the nod there that's terrible judging.

    He's fighting again tomorrow night at WSOF 24:

    http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Saul-Almeida-44913


  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D


    James Gallagher wins on his pro debut via rear naked choke in the 1st round. Great start to pro careers for him and Frans, the two biggest up-and-coming talents out of SBG.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84


    James Gallagher wins on his pro debut via rear naked choke in the 1st round. Great start to pro careers for him and Frans, the two biggest up-and-coming talents out of SBG

    You also have Dylan Tuke, Dylan Logan, Tommy Martin, Blaine O'Driscoll, Richie Smullen and thats just the lighter weight guys.

    There will be a host of guys coming out of SBG in the next few years.


  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy


    Did anybody catch Goiti Yamauchi's fight on Bellator this past Friday night? Absolutely gorgeous ground game.

    There's a video on YouTube but quality isn't exactly amazing.



  • Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT


    Glory official won't be shown on Spike anymore.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy


    ASOT wrote: »
    Glory official won't be shown on Spike anymore.

    Really? I absolutely love watching Glory. Hope it's picked up soon. Wonder if UFC Fight Pass would stream it.


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp


    That_Guy wrote: »
    Really? I absolutely love watching Glory. Hope it's picked up soon. Wonder if UFC Fight Pass would stream it.

    Doubtful with there link to bellator and all


  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy


    First bouts for BAMMA 24 in Dublin announced.

    http://www.bamma.com/news/2015/10/27/first-bouts-announced-for-bamma-24
    ​Cheick 'The Sniper' Kone Vs. John 'The White Mike Tyson' Phillips (BAMMA Middleweight Title)

    Tom 'Firekid' DuQuesnoy Vs. Damien 'The Rage' Rooney (Bantamweight Superfight)

    Peter 'The Showstopper' Queally Vs. Nathan 'Mr. Bag & Tag' Jones (Welterweight)

    'The Housewives Choice' Chris Fields Vs. Andy 'The Lion's Paw' DeVent (Middleweight)

    Paul Byrne Vs. Bola 'Cashflow' Omoyele (Middleweight)

    'Magic' Myles Price Vs. Mario 'Rudely' Saeed (Lightweight)


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano


    That_Guy wrote: »

    hmmm same date as ufc London


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭finglashoop


    Kurt angle coming out with announcement for a bellator event


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp


    Kurt angle coming out with announcement for a bellator event

    what sort of announcement? surely too old to fight as a beginner especially with his injury list? Remember reading somewhere he was originally in the cast for TUF 10 untill he was injured!


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT


    Depp wrote: »
    what sort of announcement? surely too old to fight as a beginner especially with his injury list? Remember reading somewhere he was originally in the cast for TUF 10 untill he was injured!

    He's joinging there Fan Fest.


  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy


    ASOT wrote: »
    He's joinging there Fan Fest.

    Non story if there ever was one.


  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D


    I see Tom Duquesnoy is dropping down to bantamweight and facing Damien Rooney at BAMMA 24. The right move for him. I can't imagine it'll be much longer before the UFC come calling. I'm surprised he didn't go after his last fight to be honest.

    In other news, Kimbo Slice is fighting again on February 19th in Houston. He has refused to comment any further on the fixing rumours that plagued his fight with Ken Shamrock, saying he won't talk about it again until after his 2nd round submission win over his as of yet unnamed opponent in February.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1




  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,264 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG


    srumball wrote: »

    That's not bad. I'd be more inclined to make it life since it has been such a regular occurrence.

    But 2 years might make him cop on.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos


    Anyone watching Bellator 145 tonight? How can one watch in Ireland?


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator


    Anyone watching Bellator 145 tonight? How can one watch in Ireland?


    Too tired myself to sit up. Should be able to stream it though online?

    I've just noticed PP are offering odds on the wrong main event, they have Daniel Strauss down to fight the wrong brother. So they have Strauss as the favorite against PatricKY when he's fighting PatricIO Freire who he has lost twice to.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos


    Devastator wrote: »
    Too tired myself to sit up. Should be able to stream it though online?

    I've just noticed PP are offering odds on the wrong main event, they have Daniel Strauss down to fight the wrong brother. So they have Strauss as the favorite against PatricKY when he's fighting PatricIO Freire who he has lost twice to.

    Worth a punt or do you think theyd' cancel the bet?


  • Registered Users Posts: 23,850 ✭✭✭✭mailburner


    Devastator wrote: »
    Too tired myself to sit up. Should be able to stream it though online?

    I've just noticed PP are offering odds on the wrong main event, they have Daniel Strauss down to fight the wrong brother. So they have Strauss as the favorite against PatricKY when he's fighting PatricIO Freire who he has lost twice to.

    great spot

    can't imagine they'd void the bet though if you backed strauss and he didnt oblige but I am a little bit tempted :D


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator


    mailburner wrote: »
    great spot

    can't imagine they'd void the bet though if you backed strauss and he didnt oblige but I am a little bit tempted :D

    back Strauss? Why back the favorite, might aswell take the 11/10 on patricky and hope his bro makes it 3-0 against Struass and if not contact them to advise them it should be voided lol
    Worth a punt or do you think theyd' cancel the bet?

    dunno, think if you bet on either and they get beat you could argue it with them to void the bet. Might aswell take the underdog ;)



    I don't really follow bellator much. I presume with 2-0 already to Freire then he shouuld be the favorite to win?


  • Registered Users Posts: 23,850 ✭✭✭✭mailburner


    Devastator wrote: »
    back Strauss? Why back the favorite, might aswell take the 11/10 on patricky and hope his bro makes it 3-0 against Struass and if not contact them to advise them it should be voided lol

    not sure what I was thinking :o

    would it work? doubt it myself

    I am wondering though why he is 6/5 when he has beaten him twice and like you I dont follow bellator much
    still, it looks like value and thats something I never turn down so a single
    on pat it is with bet365 :)


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator


    mailburner wrote: »
    not sure what I was thinking :o

    would it work? doubt it myself

    I am wondering though why he is 6/5 when he has beaten him twice and like you I dont follow bellator much
    still, it looks like value and thats something I never turn down so a single
    on pat it is with bet365 :)


    Have bet365 got it wrong too? :D


    I'm presuming they have just completely ****ed up and maybe don't realise there are 2 brothers with v.similar names. They've matched Strauss against Patricky(obviously in error) and maybe offering what they see as true odds for that fight rather than Patricio. From what I can gather patricky usually fights at LW and this is supposedly a FW title fight :D

    I think they would have to void it, they've offered an incorrect market. It would be a bit like them mixing up Man City & Man Utd although Im sure somebody would catch on and blab to them pretty quick if they got that wrong lol


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator


    I just read this so might be contacting PP in the morning for a void :) Screenshoting the bet incase they try to change it :D
    Pitbull Freire has been hanging onto his Bellator Featherweight title by a thread and his last few performances have been very poor. In his last fight he was was just seconds away from being TKO’d when he was badly rocked by Daniel Weichel at the end of the 2nd round. The bell to mark the end of the round saved him just seconds before the referee was about to stop the fight. Weichel then came out far too aggressive in the 3rd round and got caught with a flash counter left hook KO punch when it was clear that Pitbull was still badly hurt. Pitbull also struggled in his fight prior to that against Daniel Straus. Pitbull was getting dominated in every single aspect of MMA until Straus blew his knee out in the 4th round. Pitbull was able to capitalize on Straus’ injury and lock in a submission, but it was clear that Straus was cruising to a unanimous decision win up until that point.

    It’s not very often that we see a challenger capped as a favourite over the Champion, but the odds on Daniel Straus reflect the reality that he’s a better fighter than Pitbull in almost every single aspect of MMA. Straus has made huge improvements since he started training at American Top Team and I expect him to put on another dominant performance against Pitbull at Bellator 145.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,850 ✭✭✭✭mailburner


    Devastator wrote: »
    Have bet365 got it wrong too? :D


    I'm presuming they have just completely ****ed up and maybe don't realise there are 2 brothers with v.similar names. They've matched Strauss against Patricky(obviously in error) and maybe offering what they see as true odds for that fight rather than Patricio. From what I can gather patricky usually fights at LW and this is supposedly a FW title fight :D

    I think they would have to void it, they've offered an incorrect market. It would be a bit like them mixing up Man City & Man Utd although Im sure somebody would catch on and blab to them pretty quick if they got that wrong lol

    ok, just watched some of their last fight
    strauss was well on top until a mistake in the 4th which lead to a sub

    bailing out ta fuk, backing strauss to get most of my stake back
    this will be one hell of a fight though

    there'll be better betting opportunities tomorrow hopefully


Advertisement