Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 11 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,438 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

sanket wrote: »
    Why is everyone preferring kdb over sterling.after a weeks rest i think he will explode and plays in a better position than kdb who stays deep.
    I'm considering to give him the armband this week.

Rashford & Jrod to Jota & Sterling for a minus

Sterling has blanked last 4 games he's played, 2 goals and 1 assist this season. Not saying he's not capable of exploding but he has no form. KDB doesn't need rest to return a double digit score.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,661 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Morzadec wrote: »
    KDB looked very advanced to me (I only saw the 2nd half mind). Hit the inside of the post, could easily have ended up on 16 points if that had gone in. You also don't have the headache of Pep roullette.
    Sterling has blanked last 4 games he's played, 2 goals and 1 assist this season. Not saying he's not capable of exploding but he has no form. KDB doesn't need rest to return a double digit score.

Man City also shouldn't need KDB in order to beat Fulham, especially with the Derby game a week later. team news tonight will be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Man City also shouldn't need KDB in order to beat Fulham, especially with the Derby game a week later. team news tonight will be interesting.

City are already through in the CL so can see DB being rested for those games and playing in the league games where they need to pick up points

City are already through in the CL so can see DB being rested for those games and playing in the league games where they need to pick up points

You would think that - but why travel if just going to sit on the bench?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,362 ✭✭✭✭siblers

gammygils wrote: »
    Planning to bring Wilson in for Kane to raise funds to get the Prophet back. But now Newcastle Villa game in jeopardy and I have 2 Villa and a dodgy bench I'll have to hold off and rethink :confused:

I have Wilson, Martinez and Grealish. Going to be a nervy wait

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

If say kdb will play tonight , saturday and then miss out next CL game. Could be subbed off early tonight or Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

If say kdb will play tonight , saturday and then miss out next CL game. Could be subbed off early tonight or Saturday.

I say no.

Lol why would he play KDB on Saturday only to be play him again on Tuesday, and then leave him out for 1.5 weeks before utd derby?

Id be 90% confident KDB is rested tonight, plays Fulham on weekend, rested vs Marseille and then plays UTD. 7 days in between games to manage fitness.

siblers wrote: »
    I have Wilson, Martinez and Grealish. Going to be a nervy wait

In identical shoes.

Fairly nervous. But no names been announced, next thing you know some bench warmers got covid and U23s will just replace them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I say no.

Lol why would he play KDB on Saturday only to be play him again on Tuesday, and then leave him out for 1.5 weeks before utd derby?

Id be 90% confident KDB is rested tonight, plays Fulham on weekend, rested vs Marseille and then plays UTD. 7 days in between games to manage fitness.

If city lose tonight Porto can top the group. Kdb had his rest last week. It's then 4 days to Fulham game which makes a difference. I said he will also play Saturday . So he would then get a 1 week rest before the derby.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Worst situation possible with this Newcastle covid situation and trying to organise transfers for the weekend. Can't move early over covid but missing out on price rises is a killer too...

• Advertisement

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Worst situation possible with this Newcastle covid situation and trying to organise transfers for the weekend. Can't move early over covid but missing out on price rises is a killer too...

What makes it worse is that its very rarely announced if ever as to who got covid. You only find out when lineups are announced, Zaha, unpleasant surprise.

Wilson on for a rise tonight an all!

Changes landscape but probably reinforces my transfer idea as having de bruyne, Jota, Bruno in midfield with DCL , bamford / cavani, vardy up front will be fine. Those with 3 villa and not many subs will suffer.

Hi - I know there is injury/suspension, ive posted it there, will post here too that Skysports reporting Newcastle and Villa game called off.

I would NOT be transferring anyone from those teams. Unsure whether this is official official though

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11678/12148125/newcastle-game-vs-aston-villa-postponed-due-to-covid-19-outbreak

• Registered Users Posts: 32,828 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Hi - I know there is injury/suspension, ive posted it there, will post here too that Skysports reporting Newcastle and Villa game called off.

I would NOT be transferring anyone from those teams. Unsure whether this is official official though

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11678/12148125/newcastle-game-vs-aston-villa-postponed-due-to-covid-19-outbreak

It’s officially not on Friday but no guarantee it won’t still fall within the gameweek. I think it won’t though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

As a lacselles and Grealish owner and with Kilman having a poor fixture coupled with the questions over his place in the first 11 I could really do with news on the new date ASAP

As a lacselles and Grealish owner and with Kilman having a poor fixture coupled with the questions over his place in the first 11 I could really do with news on the new date ASAP

It really messes things up - in that if you have a couple of city players and they don't play - then you could end up with less than 11 players.

I can't see the game being rescheduled before Saturday, purely on health grounds - they won't know in time.

From FF point of view, I doubt they could re-ad the game after the deadline on Saturday as that would cause all sorts of issues from a fairness point of view.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Stitting with Martinez Grealish and Watkins. Grealish is the only one i would be pained to transfer out. I've money in the bank I could get better bench players but then I'd be looking at recheapening them again afterwards. More transfers!

I don't mind playing 10 players. People seem to have a natural reaction against it causing them to get someone in for the 2 points they inevitably score. I think the transfer is worth more to be honest.

dsmythy wrote: »
    Stitting with Martinez Grealish and Watkins. Grealish is the only one i would be pained to transfer out. I've money in the bank I could get better bench players but then I'd be looking at recheapening them again afterwards. More transfers!

I don't mind playing 10 players. People seem to have a natural reaction against it causing them to get someone in for the 2 points they inevitably score. I think the transfer is worth more to be honest.

I am thinking same also now. I have Coufal, Riedewald and Mitchell. so appreciate I am lucky if 2 of these play, then only GK position missed out on.

I have been looking to move martinez on in fairness maybe mendy for chelsea cud be a good shout for long term

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

dsmythy wrote: »

Yeah, I tend to agree. I have Martinez so will likely play without a keeper.

He’s averaging 1 point per game over the last 2, so no guarantee he would have scored well anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Watkins to che Adams done

I’ll keep grealish and Martinez. Will have 10 outfield players so not too bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

In an awful state after wasting a wildcard 2 weeks ago!

No Gk - Martinez & Forster

Defenders
    Chilwell
    Telles - flagged
    Cancelo - Looks to have lost place to Mendy
    Kilman - Lost place
    Bernardo - fodder never plays

Midfield/Attackers:
    Grealish , Watkins
    Riedewald - benched last Gw’s

Could really end up with 6 players!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭scotchy

joeyboy11 wrote: »
    Watkins to che Adams done

I’ll keep grealish and Martinez. Will have 10 outfield players so not too bad

Exact same here.

Just hoping there aren't any more surprises before the weekend.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

Looked at Welbeck for a punt with Maupay injured , further guarantees his gametime.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

Anyone thinking of Fabio Silva (5.2) now for a 3rd striker?

Haven't seen much of Wolves this season so don't know what he's like when he's been on. How has he looked?

He would be coming in for Kane, as a make weight in me upgrading a MF to KDB.

Wolves fixtures look poor but the team will create chances.

Wolves other striker Campana has 0 minutes, so Fabio should play unless a mF like Podence goes OOP up top on his own. :confused:

I have 5.9 to spend and already have Adams.
    Mitrovic (not playing regularly but nostalgia :P ) or Brewster (pure bench fodder) seem to be my only other options.

Edit: I suppose my question is, do people think he's worth the 0.7 over Brewster for possibly more minutes and in a far better attacking team.

shineon23 wrote: »
    Anyone thinking of Fabio Silva (5.2) now for a 3rd striker?

Haven't seen much of Wolves this season so don't know what he's like when he's been on. How has he looked?

He would be coming in for Kane, as a make weight in me upgrading a MF to KDB.

Wolves fixtures look poor but the team will create chances.

Wolves other striker Campana has 0 minutes, so Fabio should play unless a mF like Podence goes OOP up top on his own. :confused:

I have 5.9 to spend and already have Adams.
    Mitrovic (not playing regularly but nostalgia :P ) wasor Brewster (pure bench fodder) seem to be my only other options.

Edit: I suppose my question is, do people think he's worth the 0.7 over Brewster for possibly more minutes and in a far better attacking team.

Came on for Jiminez, Was then taken off before Traore, Neto & Podence.

Find another 0.3 and you could have Welbeck who looks nailed on now for a team creating loads

Is Tammy Abraham a viable option up front ? Cavani is just a touch too expensive and I'd rather wait another couple of game to see his minutes.

Clinging on watching the price change predictor every day. Kdb nailed on now after tonight for me. Just a case of which striker, would have been Wilson but off the cards now. Bamford is playing a good defence at the weekend and he's so wasteful. If I get Abraham I could get Wilson in next week covid depending. Then the reshuffle would be complete with kdb, Salah, Bruno, grealish midfield.

Is Tammy Abraham a viable option up front ? Cavani is just a touch too expensive and I'd rather wait another couple of game to see his minutes.

Clinging on watching the price change predictor every day. Kdb nailed on now after tonight for me. Just a case of which striker, would have been Wilson but off the cards now. Bamford is playing a good defence at the weekend and he's so wasteful. If I get Abraham I could get Wilson in next week covid depending. Then the reshuffle would be complete with kdb, Salah, Bruno, grealish midfield.

With grealish out and being set on taking a hit I am now thinking of keeping Ziyech this week. Shipping grealish and kane for kdb and a forward. Then going kdb and ziyech to Salah and grealish next week, before then taking another hit to the week after to go Jota to kdb and vardy to Wilson.

Not sure if it is worth all the hits but with players playing it can always pay off . Thinking thinking thinking! Will probably end up benching grealish for the week but it seems silly when I'm shipping out a midfielder anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

I think for a 1 week punt against Leeds he would be worth it. Pulisic is coming back into the team now so he’ll be played on the left of the 3 and then I’d guess Werner moved into the middle at the expense of Tammy. Definitely check the line up against Sevilla for some extra info.

joeyboy11 wrote: »
    I think for a 1 week punt against Leeds he would be worth it. Pulisic is coming back into the team now so he’ll be played on the left of the 3 and then I’d guess Werner moved into the middle at the expense of Tammy. Definitely check the line up against Sevilla for some extra info.

That's what I'm thinking. He's quite a threat when he plays with Werner on left of him. Get past Thurs night with no more covid and we can see then. Will see what line ups come in as fat Frank emphasised rotation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Have the bare 11 with a 4-5-1, all are starters with the exception of Zaha but he should be back. Not gonna take the -4 hit

Advertisement