Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 11 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Surely Mahrez is un-droppable after a hat-trick Pep.

Pep?

The problem is Pep might reward him by playing him against porto midweek and then not start him against Fulham.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Surely Mahrez is un-droppable after a hat-trick Pep.

Pep?

Definitely in the category of

If you have him keep him
    If you don't, don't bring him in.

Fack knows with Pep. I'm hoping he's benched V Porto myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,312 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Definitely in the category of

If you have him keep him
    If you don't, don't bring him in.

Fack knows with Pep. I'm hoping he's benched V Porto myself.

I am starting to think Sterling could be on the way out of Man City, sure Pep sold Sane and he was playing decent. Mahrez, Torres and Foden all look lively.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,312 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Serious question and I appreciate a bit random, if in the unlikely event Vardy and KDB blank against Fulham, will you still proceed to captain Salah v Fulham?

I am doing similar Fulham remind me of the Derby team from years ago. Almost guaranteed goals conceeded.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I'm going to downgrade Werner and Kane over the next couple of weeks so I can get a midfield with Salah, KDB and Bruno. Not going swapping between them so I'm going to get all 3.

Funny I've brought Werner in this week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Antonio back fit and starting tonight....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

Have a decent squad after wildcard last week and have 2 FTs so dont really need to do these but thinking AWB & Robinson to Dier & Bamford. More CS potential and more goal potential but will also give me a front 7 headache every week.
    Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭macraignil

Wilson gone from 48% to a rise early this evening to 85% to a rise now on fplstatistics so swapping him in for Watkins now in case I miss the price change later in the week. Watkins penalty miss making the decision that mush easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,525 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

macraignil wrote: »
    Wilson gone from 48% to a rise early this evening to 85% to a rise now on fplstatistics so swapping him in for Watkins now in case I miss the price change later in the week. Watkins penalty miss making the decision that mush easier.

https://twitter.com/TeleFootball/status/1333518717960003587?s=19

I'd hold off on that move until we hear more solid info on this...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

macraignil wrote: »

Check the injuries and suspension thread, Newcastle apparently heavily hit with covid.

• Advertisement

The Newcastle and Palace game wasn’t over before I did my -4 of Semedo & Jimenez to Nkounkou & Aguero.

Probably went a bit too early with that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

The Newcastle and Palace game wasn’t over before I did my -4 of Semedo & Jimenez to Nkounkou & Aguero.

Probably went a bit too early with that one.

Aguero still has a niggle to his knee,

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Aguero still has a niggle to his knee,

Yeah.

Think that came out after my transfer.

Not difficult to turn it into a -8.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Johnstone Button
    Lascelles KWP Kilman Lamptey Justin
    Jota KDB Grealish Bruno Ziyech
    Adams Kane Richarlison

1.0 itb. 2FT
    Not sure what to do this week. Lascelles & Ziyech seem the likeliest candidates for the chopping block but not certain what too do and willing to accept any advise from anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Johnstone Button
    Lascelles KWP Kilman Lamptey Justin
    Jota KDB Grealish Bruno Ziyech
    Adams Kane Richarlison

1.0 itb. 2FT
    Not sure what to do this week. Lascelles & Ziyech seem the likeliest candidates for the chopping block but not certain what too do and willing to accept any advise from anyone

Hmm I can’t see an obvious move there.
    I would look to get ziyech to Salah somehow and maybe chilwell/ James / zouma in for one of the defenders (kilman if he lost his place)
    That would probably involve downgrading Kane

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Brian201888

James Rodriguez to KDB and Vardy to Bamford to fund it I think. Got Vardy in for his fixtures and could sit on it till next week if I wanted but if

• Registered Users Posts: 15,236 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

After the disaster of seeing all 3 of Cancelo, Foden & Sterling (c) benched against Burnley, surely all 3 start against Fulham.....

Knowing my luck this season, I'll swap Sterling for KDB and KDB will be benched. :O

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭macraignil

https://twitter.com/TeleFootball/status/1333518717960003587?s=19

I'd hold off on that move until we hear more solid info on this...

Thanks for the warning but decided to take the risk having heard that news earlier. Just hoping there are not that many players positive and Wilson plays. Will probably take a hit to get in an extra player for Mitchell if Wilson looks to miss out on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Newcastle's next covid test is Wednesday so should know more then hopefully or else on Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Feels like a crossroads this one. Have both vardy and kane. Have settled on kane out, at least vardy is in and around the box. Kane p1ssing me off at 10.7m spending half the game breaking up play. Could bite me but I'm happy enough to take the risk.

It's either bamford / Wilson in but have enough in bank to wait for covid news. Prefer Wilson. Cavani is really tempting me but if I do it it means my third forward is less than 5.7m when I downgrade vardy for premium mid. Not so good... Where as I can have bamford and Wilson and hope for the best.

So for this week, it will be Ziyech > kdb, and kane > bamford / Wilson / cavani. For a hit.

Looking at kdb for Salah next week. Then I'll get KDB back by downgrading vardy for another hit. I think it will be worth it.

Decisions here could make a difference at the end and not having city will kill me I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭sanket

Why is everyone preferring kdb over sterling.after a weeks rest i think he will explode and plays in a better position than kdb who stays deep.
    I'm considering to give him the armband this week.

Rashford & Jrod to Jota & Sterling for a minus 4

Will wait until after the porto game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

sanket wrote: »
    Why is everyone preferring kdb over sterling.after a weeks rest i think he will explode and plays in a better position than kdb who stays deep.

Well the way pep was talking about not resting players and playing them on merit did not sound good for sterling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Feels like a crossroads this one. Have both vardy and kane. Have settled on kane out, at least vardy is in and around the box. Kane p1ssing me off at 10.7m spending half the game breaking up play. Could bite me but I'm happy enough to take the risk.

It's either bamford / Wilson in but have enough in bank to wait for covid news. Prefer Wilson. Cavani is really tempting me but if I do it it means my third forward is less than 5.7m when I downgrade vardy for premium mid. Not so good... Where as I can have bamford and Wilson and hope for the best.

So for this week, it will be Ziyech > kdb, and kane > bamford / Wilson / cavani. For a hit.

Looking at kdb for Salah next week. Then I'll get KDB back by downgrading vardy for another hit. I think it will be worth it.

Decisions here could make a difference at the end and not having city will kill me I think.

I’m looking at the same moves. Have Kane and Vardy and looking to sell for Wilson/Bamford and get KDB in for Ziyech. I’m more leaning towards keeping Kane against Arsenal though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

joeyboy11 wrote: »
    Hmm I can’t see an obvious move there.
    I would look to get ziyech to Salah somehow and maybe chilwell/ James / zouma in for one of the defenders (kilman if he lost his place)
    That would probably involve downgrading Kane

Thinking about perhaps making these moves
    Ziyech - Anguissa
    Adams - 10mill striker

Which leaves me funds to bring in James next week for Kilman or Lacselles and allows me to hold Kane

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Exact cash for KBD, Jota, Adams in for James Rod, Neto, Vardy

Would give me what appears to be the perfect midfield of Salah, Jota, Bruno, Grealish, KDB.

Unsure if I should spend the Adams money somewhere else and get Brewster in for him given I can't see him starting very often when I've Werner and Watkins also. Be 3-5-2 every time with that midfield really

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

One week with Vardy. It'll be him or Kane for the door this week.

The strikers had a good start to the season but I think it's time to start focusing again on the midfield being the strongest part of the team. Currently don't have Salah or KDB whom I'd both like.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,241 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Planning to bring Wilson in for Kane to raise funds to get the Prophet back. But now Newcastle Villa game in jeopardy and I have 2 Villa and a dodgy bench I'll have to hold off and rethink :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Would give me what appears to be the perfect midfield of Salah, Jota, Bruno, Grealish, KDB.

Im almost at that midfield too, just a Zaha to Grealish transfer away from it. Should have got Grealish weeks ago, he has been very consistent with points hauls and now he might be on penalties after Watkins missed yet again last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Very strong, but I'd always have Son in my ideal midfield (currently have him instead of KDB)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

sanket wrote: »

KDB looked very advanced to me (I only saw the 2nd half mind). Hit the inside of the post, could easily have ended up on 16 points if that had gone in. You also don't have the headache of Pep roullette.

Advertisement