Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 11 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Kind of delighted with myself had Steer and Martinez in goal. Obvious keeper problem. Plus Steer was using up a third Villa slot. Wanted to get Watkins a few times. But already had Grealish.

I had exactly .5 in bank to get a starting keeper instead of Steer.

Feels like I won the lotto - silly how a silly transfer in a game about a game can make an eejit happy! I was going to put it in the trivial things that make you happy thread.

But sure fantasy football is not trivial is it? It is a serious business!

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Would I be mad taking a hit to sell Zouma and Barnes to afford Mahrez?

Yes. Chelsea defence is great. If you really want Mahrez find some other way

It in terms of ability or being first 11 he isn’t a trap.

It’s all about injury with him.

Don’t say I didn’t warn you

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Would I be mad taking a hit to sell Zouma and Barnes to afford Mahrez?
    Green&Red wrote: »
    Yes. Chelsea defence is great. If you really want Mahrez find some other way

I looked at Chelsea's fixtures a lot of them seem 50/50 if they might concede or not. I have Chilwell the beauty about him is that he might the get odd assist and goal. I am not sure Zouma would be the same source of consistent attacking points.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Giroud making a good case for himself to start this weekend with 4 goals tonight, enough to put my off going near Tammy which is a pity. Between that and the other options Chelsea have - would Tammy be guarantee minutes going forward.

Saw him not start, was delighted. Then I saw giroud got 4 and he's been pushing for a start to be fair. So Tammy is off limits.

Cavani ban is the only thing stopping me getting him. He's going to rise tonight and it's going to ruin my plan but I cannot bring in cavani just to save 0.1 and have him banned for 3 games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Would a Free Hit be bonkers??

Ryan (fodder)

Chilwell James Philips (fodder, fodder)

Salah Jota KdB Sterling Mahrez

Werner Welbeck (Brewster)

Not always you get the Top3 at home with decent fixtures!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I looked at Chelsea's fixtures a lot of them seem 50/50 if they might concede or not. I have Chilwell the beauty about him is that he might the get odd assist and goal. I am not sure Zouma would be the same source of consistent attacking points.

Yeah, it's the inconsistency, I don't like relying on points from defenders at this point, anything over the bare minimum is a lovely bonus but I'm trying to move value up front. I'm a bit snookered with Grealish and Ings both out of the question and Kane in a bit of doubt -

iqAV5w9.jpg

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Saw him not start, was delighted. Then I saw giroud got 4 and he's been pushing for a start to be fair. So Tammy is off limits.

Cavani ban is the only thing stopping me getting him. He's going to rise tonight and it's going to ruin my plan but I cannot bring in cavani just to save 0.1 and have him banned for 3 games.

He didn't rise! Now if someone in the fa could finalise his punishment.

I am genuinely finding it hard to see who to downgrade kane to.

Bamford- so wasteful
    Wilson- blank
    Watkins- blank
    Abraham- more doubt over playtime after tonight
    Che Adams- already have 3 Southampton

Cavani is a standout if he doesn't get banned but I may have to settle reluctantly on bamford.

I've been scouring kane stats for NLD. Everything says keep him. Last time I got rid of son for city, he scored.
    And yet this time I'm still going to get rid...and I think it's the right call. Vardy a better shout at SHU if Leicester get their act together.

This has been the hardest week so far deciding on transfers for me.

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Would a Free Hit be bonkers??

Ryan (fodder)

Chilwell James Philips (fodder, fodder)

Salah Jota KdB Sterling Mahrez

Werner Welbeck (Brewster)

Not always you get the Top3 at home with decent fixtures!

I think your bonkers to go with sterling again, but if it's your gut feeling then you have to do it. I can't see him starting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    I think your bonkers to go with sterling again, but if it's your gut feeling then you have to do it. I can't see him starting

I have sterling too and think it’s more of a case that if he gets minutes, will he produce points, I’m aware he didn’t get minutes last week and was played in Europe, so there is the risk that he could go another game without playing, or he could be playing this week and rested for European game.... I only got him in because of the salah covid news.

What I would like to know ... will Chelsea drop giroud after getting 4 goals? I’m tempted to bring in pulisic and kdb, but would need to take a -8 to facilitate, with the Newcastle/villa game off, I might be better off to use the free hit button , players didn’t perform last week and I managed 40points

Martinez(Ryan)

Chilwell, zouma , Robertson, maguire, Justin

Rodriguez, zaha, sterling, Jorginho , grealish

Bamford, vardy, DCL.

I was planning on leaving Martinez and grealish on the bench, but Jorginho hasn’t been getting league returns, sterling didn’t play league game last week, zaha was out with covid... I’m hopeful for zaha news before the deadline, DCL is missing his main supplier.
    My team has the potential to produce huge points or not play.... anyone got any suggestions ?

• Advertisement

Yeah, it's the inconsistency, I don't like relying on points from defenders at this point, anything over the bare minimum is a lovely bonus but I'm trying to move value up front. I'm a bit snookered with Grealish and Ings both out of the question and Kane in a bit of doubt -

iqAV5w9.jpg

You’re not exactly spending a fortune on that back line!

You’ve two goalies so I’d consider downgrading one of those but this isn’t the week for that.

Moutinho has pretty much said Kane will be ok. You need some City cover, so if you’re happy with Mahrez then Son out is the obvious one.
    I’d doubt Ings will start or maybe play at all this GW, he’ll be eased back cause he’s made of glass. So personally I’d downgrade him, that would allow you get KDB or Sterling
    Or you could take a -4 to get a playing defender in place of Kilman

In response to gormdubh - Chelsea are setting up defensively against the better teams, that means more CSs. If they start conceding then worry about the lack of CSs but not until then IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Can have Mendy set and forget instead of the rotating keepers and I'd always be a fan of that

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Can’t believe I never considered Welbeck as my Maupay replacement.

I’d say he’s nailed on. He’s easily the best finisher at that club. I suppose my brain just eliminated him as an option because it suspects to see him injured soon.

If he stays injury free I reckon he’ll be this seasons best value player.

Edit - would not be surprised to see him take the next penalty

This convinced me to go ahead and get Wellbeck.

Hit transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I'm after doubling up on Chelsea at the back, their fixtures I agree look tough on paper, but Everton have lost their way, Wolves have lost their goalscorer, WH, Ars, Lee, Villa are all50/50 as to a clean sheet.

But looking back, I'd have Spurs, Newcastle, Man U as 50/50 too, but they've CS'd in all. Since Mendy landed they're 5 clean sheets from 6, one consolation goals conceded. VEry solid and established backline now

• Registered Users Posts: 26 mairtmairt

What city defender would you go for? Mendy seems to be back in favour & was rested midweek but you never know with Pep roulette. Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,203 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

mairtmairt wrote: »
    What city defender would you go for? Mendy seems to be back in favour & was rested midweek but you never know with Pep roulette. Thoughts?

Ruben Dias (5.6) and Walker (6.2) are probably the 2 'safest picks'.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭Shedite27

mairtmairt wrote: »

There's arguments for and against all of them at this stage. Every time I have it figured out he messes it up. Ederson is the only banker for defensive points.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Are people getting rid of Wilson?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Of the numerous transfers I'm considering this week, a sideways move from Cancelo to Dias is one of them. Fulham have a bad set piece record and Dias has been flirting with a goal for a while now. He was their big centre-back signing and has done well so far so you would think he's close to nailed for Pep.

Then again he played 90 midweek, Ake and Laporte are back in action, and Pep was talking up Stones recently. So couldn't say he's nailed for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

It's kinda funny you say that about Zouma, he is the leading defender in FF points, and has 3 goals so far this season. They offer different options attacking wise. If your looking for a solid defender Zouma is a great pick, and you can use the additional 0.7m elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,203 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Tusky wrote: »

I'll be holding anyway for the moment, great value at his price and still unknown if has Covid or what'll happen after this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Someone help me out here:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Ace2007 wrote: »
    It's kinda funny you say that about Zouma, he is the leading defender in FF points, and has 3 goals so far this season. They offer different options attacking wise. If your looking for a solid defender Zouma is a great pick, and you can use the additional 0.7m elsewhere.

I think in terms of expectancy though Zouma won't be smashing in headers as much as Chillwell/James will be crosses. I would expect both to outscore Zouma by a lot towards the end of season.

Enough to cover a 0.7m? No idea

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Tusky wrote: »

Just going to bench him.

I've upgraded Stephens to give myself five playing midfielders.
    Salah, Jota, Bruno, Ziyech, Son
    Bench Wilson then and Adams and DCL up front in a 3-5-2

Price rises being kind so far, facilitating the wait until Fri night / Saturday morning

Leaning back towards moving out grealish for a couple of weeks. Out for de bruyne, downgrade kane.

Then Salah in the week after for Ziyech, and bamford for Vardy, bamford performances pending.

Week after I could do Jota to grealish again with a 0.5m to play with depending on striker choices.

Is this a stupid idea?

It's two hits.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Little flickering in my head to take the Villa situation as a chance to take a -4 to create a playing bench. They'll sit in for the Villa players this week then use the upgraded players for bench boost the week after.

I'm off to look at the fixtures....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Really not sure what to do with Zaha and Kane. Wanted to go from Zaha to Grealish but thats off the cards now. Id prefer keep Kane long term but not sure how bad his injury is yet, Id leave him be if I knew he is back next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

*Caution: Cancelo is generally a right back. In the post match conference Pep specifically mentioned leaving Cancelo on to find rhythm. Cancelo was playing right back midweek.

This would imply to me he wants Cancelo to get more game time in his favoured position.

Mendy scored last week & he said he’ll be playing scorers

I’ve a feeling Cancelo will be RB and Mendy LB the weekend. Walker will come out.

I’d be going with Dias as the safest option

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,370 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Chesty08 wrote: »
    *Caution: Cancelo is generally a right back. In the post match conference Pep specifically mentioned leaving Cancelo on to find rhythm. Cancelo was playing right back midweek.

This would imply to me he wants Cancelo to get more game time in his favoured position.

Mendy scored last week & he said he’ll be playing scorers

I’ve a feeling Cancelo will be RB and Mendy LB the weekend. Walker will come out.

I’d be going with Dias as the safest option

I'd be very surprised if Walker is dropped. He looks to be nailed on in the league

Advertisement