Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 11 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

siblers wrote: »
    I'd be very surprised if Walker is dropped. He looks to be nailed on in the league

Be good for him to have to look over his shoulder though - he's given away at least 1 stupid penalty this year or not more.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Chesty08 wrote: »
    *Caution: Cancelo is generally a right back. In the post match conference Pep specifically mentioned leaving Cancelo on to find rhythm. Cancelo was playing right back midweek.

This would imply to me he wants Cancelo to get more game time in his favoured position.

Mendy scored last week & he said he’ll be playing scorers

I’ve a feeling Cancelo will be RB and Mendy LB the weekend. Walker will come out.

I’d be going with Dias as the safest option

I predict Walker will play but this is still good analysis, food for thought, it's never as nailed as you think with Pep. He loves overthinking things, you never know what's going through his head. Maybe he sees a weakness of the Fulham left-full on the inside so fancies Cancelo's two-footedness to cause problems there, maybe he wants to be unpredictable so goes with a back 5 with Walker as a right-centre back and Cancelo as a RWB.

I still think that the 90 minutes in Cancelo's leg and the fact Walker has started every game strongly suggests that Walker will start, but no one can really be surprised if Pep's lineup isn't as expected on Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Really set up for a disappointment this weekend. Have 3 Villa players, a non-playing sub, Robbo limping, Cancelo and Torres at big risk of rotation. My squad has lovely fixtures for the weekend but could end up with 6 players

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Really set up for a disappointment this weekend. Have 3 Villa players, a non-playing sub, Robbo limping, Cancelo and Torres at big risk of rotation. My squad has lovely fixtures for the weekend but could end up with 6 players

It’s exactly how I am. 3 Villa, few bench fodders & few rotation risks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Looking for a bit of help on a defensive issue please folks.

Defence now is Lamptey, Chilwell, Konsa (won't play), Struijk (won't play) and KWP. Need 1 defender to replace Konsa (4.6) or Struijk (4.0) to make 11 this week with the Villa/Newcastle game off.

I'm looking for a defender (5.0 or less) that has a decent chance of a CS this week and will play 90+% of games going forward, essentially nailed.

I've 0.9 ITB, rather keep all or the majority for my Salah in fund next GW.

Given the week in it, I'm leaning towards Konsa (4.6) out and Justin in (4.9) and will still have 0.6 ITB. (Although afraid Justin is a transfer out waiting to happen?)

Was looking at Bartley (4.4) at WBA but already own Johnstone so dbl WBA would be madness tbh.

Dallas a shout at Leeds but most likely will get a 2 pointer or worse this week.

Any recommendations to solve my conundrum? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Green&Red wrote: »
    Moutinho has pretty much said Kane will be ok. You need some City cover, so if you’re happy with Mahrez then Son out is the obvious one.
    I’d doubt Ings will start or maybe play at all this GW, he’ll be eased back cause he’s made of glass. So personally I’d downgrade him, that would allow you get KDB or Sterling
    Or you could take a -4 to get a playing defender in place of Kilman

I haven't *quite* got the stomach to get rid of Son yet, but I do think it's time to do something about Ings. There's nobody obvious leaping out at me for 8.3 or under though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Defence now is Lamptey, Chilwell, Konsa (won't play), Struijk (won't play) and KWP. Need 1 defender to replace Konsa (4.6) or Struijk (4.0) to make 11 this week with the Villa/Newcastle game off.

I'm looking for a defender (5.0 or less) that has a decent chance of a CS this week and will play 90+% of games going forward, essentially nailed.

Given the week in it, I'm leaning towards Konsa (4.6) out and Justin in (4.9) and will still have 0.6 ITB. (Although afraid Justin is a transfer out waiting to happen?)

Was looking at Bartley (4.4) at WBA but already own Johnstone so dbl WBA would be madness tbh.

Dallas a shout at Leeds but most likely will get a 2 pointer or worse this week.

I thinks the CS this week is tough given the options left.

Charlie Taylor from Burnley looking the best option for you? 4.4M

Alternatively the only other thoughts I have are

Dier 4.9
    Godfrey 5.0

Nat Philips?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,277 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I haven't *quite* got the stomach to get rid of Son yet, but I do think it's time to do something about Ings. There's nobody obvious leaping out at me for 8.3 or under though.

Since you've held Ings this long, hold.
    He'll should make an appearance this w/e and back in 1st team next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Nat Philips?

You think Nat Phillips will play at least 90% of games going forward?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Soy went off injured this evening, should be good for Justin

You haven’t mentioned your formation.

I’m having to guess you’re playing 4 at the back otherwise you’d just be playing - Chilwell, Lamptey and KWP as your 3 for this GW ?

If you’re playing 3 at the back then every week it must be Chilwell, Lamptey and one other. Surely that would be KWP most weeks ?

Clean sheets don’t always come from expected sources. That’s why we love our big scores from our GK’s unexpected clean sheets. If I had the choice I wouldn’t have started Meslier against Arsenal and Everton recently yet I got 2 x clean sheets.

Some teams have to open up against ‘lesser’ opponents and concede. Yet they close up against better opponents and get cleans sheets. There can be a randomness to it.

In your position I’d play the 3 I mentioned but only if you want to keep Konsa going forward.

Lewis of Newcastle is a good shout but no game this GW.

Dallas would be a good shout too but they play Chelsea before a good run.

Justin will be gone very soon as Pereira is back playing now.

So that leaves Palace and Scott Dann with a good fixture this GW.

You’re left with downgrading Konsa to Dann and banking 0.2m. Then using Dann if KWP ever has a real stinker like M City or LFC or Chelsea.

I think Lamptey has to start every game for you as he can assist or score in any game. He’s worth it. Same for Chilwell.

If you are going to sell Konsa then have a quick look at who other teams are playing when KWP has a tough fixture and look to have them on your bench.

If you’re playing 3 at the back then you’ve nothing to do, with your defence, this GW.

Edit - sorry. Just read the bit about the Villa game being off in your question.

You think Nat Phillips will play at least 90% of games going forward?

Think he is a good swap for Strujk as fills a spot this week & he gets to keep Konsa. I’d expect his other 4 will play week in week out so has cover should Philips not feature

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Thanks to everyone for their response lads much appreciated.
    I thinks the CS this week is tough given the options left.

Charlie Taylor from Burnley looking the best option for you? 4.4M

Alternatively the only other thoughts I have are

Dier 4.9
    Godfrey 5.0

Taylor at Burnley I looked at and has been decent form bar the City form. On the watch list. Everton could struggle the weekend (sorry Shano)
    Nat Philips?

Cheers Chesty, not overly confident he'll start and will most likely take a Liverpool spot in case I triple up, unlikely but maybe.
    Green&Red wrote: »
    Soy went off injured this evening, should be good for Justin

Good to know, definitely one I might transfer in.
    You haven’t mentioned your formation.

I’m having to guess you’re playing 4 at the back otherwise you’d just be playing - Chilwell, Lamptey and KWP as your 3 for this GW ?

If you’re playing 3 at the back then every week it must be Chilwell, Lamptey and one other. Surely that would be KWP most weeks ?

Clean sheets don’t always come from expected sources. That’s why we love our big scores from our GK’s unexpected clean sheets. If I had the choice I wouldn’t have started Meslier against Arsenal and Everton recently yet I got 2 x clean sheets.

Some teams have to open up against ‘lesser’ opponents and concede. Yet they close up against better opponents and get cleans sheets. There can be a randomness to it.

In your position I’d play the 3 I mentioned but only if you want to keep Konsa going forward.

Lewis of Newcastle is a good shout but no game this GW.

Dallas would be a good shout too but they play Chelsea before a good run.

Justin will be gone very soon as Pereira is back playing now.

So that leaves Palace and Scott Dann with a good fixture this GW.

You’re left with downgrading Konsa to Dann and banking 0.2m. Then using Dann if KWP ever has a real stinker like M City or LFC or Chelsea.

I think Lamptey has to start every game for you as he can assist or score in any game. He’s worth it. Same for Chilwell.

If you are going to sell Konsa then have a quick look at who other teams are playing when KWP has a tough fixture and look to have them on your bench.

If you’re playing 3 at the back then you’ve nothing to do, with your defence, this GW.

Edit - sorry. Just read the bit about the Villa game being off in your question.

Cheers Klopp, yes I'll be 4-4-2 this week but normal weeks I'm 3-4-3 so this week is really just a stop gap with Struijk and Konsa both not playing.

Chilwell and Lamptey start and I rotate KWP & Konsa. I like the Scott Dann option and might even get rid of Struijk for him (even if it'll cost me 0.4) , won't ever start really but grand for a couple points when we have the inevitable rotation over the next couple GW's.

Thanks all.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Who to captain this week? Bruno or salah ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Rikand wrote: »
    Who to captain this week? Bruno or salah ?

I would go Salah if I had him.

Still planning on KDB but had a wild thought to get mahrez for grealish for this week, then Salah for mahrez next week before hitting for kdb the week after.... It's a trap isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭ItsChecoTime

Is Kane to Gabriel Jesus worth considering for a hit? I think Kane will start but main concern is no City cover. Jesus was seemingly rested midweek and has played 90 in last 3 PL games

Is Kane to Gabriel Jesus worth considering for a hit? I think Kane will start but main concern is no City cover. Jesus was seemingly rested midweek and has played 90 in last 3 PL games

Just been doing some research on kane and arsenal games. Last two or three games low scoring. Also, mourinho now to sit deeper. All points to Kane out. Bamford for his lack of finishing, has so many shots something has to come off. Lampard could come unstuck against Leeds. Despite beating bielsa in the championship I always remember those derby games being high scoring and crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Level 42

Mahrez anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Level 42 wrote: »
    Mahrez anyone?

I might.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Tammy Abraham 7.2 to ??? .5 in the bank Che Adams only one jumping out at me or brewster and take out Romeu and upgrade him to foden or jota. heads fried going to be a long day

• Registered Users Posts: 8,110 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

but1er wrote: »
    Tammy Abraham 7.2 to ??? .5 in the bank Che Adams only one jumping out at me or brewster and take out Romeu and upgrade him to foden or jota. heads fried going to be a long day

Is he your second or third striker?
    Maybe Podence for Romeu and Welbeck for Tammy if you want to take a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Is he your second or third striker?
    Maybe Podence for Romeu and Welbeck for Tammy if you want to take a chance.

I have Vardy & DCL - I have now looked at che adam for tammy and Mahrez for Grealish and captain him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

This has been a much harder week than usual to choose transfers. Not just for this week but for the implications for next week too. At least captain was easy!

Have considered various options, but it's usually coming back to a 4 point hit of:

Steer > McCarthy
    Cancelo > James
    Richarlison > Jesus

I could leave out the Cancelo change and hope he starts - if he didn't Brewster would come in. But I just don't think he will start and James is a good one to get in long term. If Brewster plays his customary 20 minutes then it already feels more like a 3 point hit. I think there's a good chance of a cleansheet to hopefully cover the cost.

McCarthy likewise is one I can see as long term. Didn't plan to rotate keepers and arguably too much funds now spent there with the Martinez double up, but I think they rotate nicely for a while and McCarthy has shown he can keep cleansheets in more predictable games.

Jesus is in as I'm not comfortable with only KDB in that Fulham match. I could've gone Mahrez in for Grealish or Ziyech, but I prefer to take out Richarlison now as I have him and DCL - he's not really performing and Everton's fixtures change. Too much funds tied up in Grealish who I want long term. I fancy Ziyech over Richarlison for this week and beyond. Mahrez for Grealish is probably the play for this week only but think long term it would hamstring me.

I'm okay taking a 4 point hit given the circumstances and that 2 out of the 3 changes should hopefully be long term.

Leaves a longer road to get Salah back in for Fulham away if I want to is the only downside, I was considering changes that give me the funds to do that in one move.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,618 ✭✭✭Cartman78

This season is becoming a real headwreck....will stick at it but enjoying it less with every passing week tbh.

Looking at a hit for Grealish and Kane out to KDB and Bamford.

Cartman78 wrote: »
    This season is becoming a real headwreck....will stick at it but enjoying it less with every passing week tbh.

Looking at a hit for Grealish and Kane out to KDB and Bamford.

Looking at the exact same move.

Although I am considering grealish to mahrez but I know that will make the next two weeks one huge cluster**** trying to get in Salah and kdb...

At least with the kdb move it's easy to switch to Salah when it goes wrong...

Proposed team for the weekend will look like this but I have one question on who to start in defence:
    McCarthy
    Chilwell, kwp/cresswell/Lamptey
    Kdb, Bruno, Jota, Ziyech
    DCL, vardy, bamford

Obviously not dropping a mid. Other players are kilman and Bissouma.

Which two would you start of kwp/cresswell/Lamptey
    Leaning towards dropping cresswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Thoughts? Have 2 free transfers and 0.3 in the bank. Would like to get rid of Jorginho and get a City player in but tricky to figure out how.

McCarthy--Martin

Robertson--Zouma--Mings--Walker-Peters--Mitchell

Salah--Grealish--Son--Jota--Jorginiho

Vardy--Wilson--Calvert-Lewin

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭The wonderfish

Another hit on the way as need city cover and I’m thinking Sterking...will be taking out Kane to fund and replacing with either Bamford or Wellbeck.....leaning towards Wellbeck as a big differential and need to make up ground. Anyone else considering Wellbeck??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,642 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Watkins to Bamford/Antonio/Adams/Welbeck, struggling to choose but leaning to Bamford

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Anyone going freehit? What team would yea pick?

Advertisement