Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 11 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Current squad is

Johnstone Button
    Lascelles KWP Kilman Lamptey Justin
    Jota KDB Grealish Bruno Ziyech
    Adams Kane Richarlison

1.0 itb. 2FT

Going to use 1 transfer this week and play
    3-4-3

Johnstone
    KWP (bha) Justin (shu) Lamptey (sou)
    Ziyech KDB Jota Bruno
    Adams Kane Ricky

Subs are Kilman (Liv) Lascelles Grealish

In the long term I think Lascelles needs to be replaced so this week seems ideal to do it. I’m not overly pushed on if the new player starts for me this game week or not tho.
    I’m looking for suggestions on who to swap him for preferably budget players but could be swayed by James.

Any thoughts lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Current squad is

Johnstone Button
    Lascelles KWP Kilman Lamptey Justin
    Jota KDB Grealish Bruno Ziyech
    Adams Kane Richarlison

1.0 itb. 2FT

Going to use 1 transfer this week and play
    3-4-3

Johnstone
    KWP (bha) Justin (shu) Lamptey (sou)
    Ziyech KDB Jota Bruno
    Adams Kane Ricky

Subs are Kilman (Liv) Lascelles Grealish

In the long term I think Lascelles needs to be replaced so this week seems ideal to do it. I’m not overly pushed on if the new player starts for me this game week or not tho.
    I’m looking for suggestions on who to swap him for preferably budget players but could be swayed by James.

Any thoughts lads?

Konsa is a grand option at 4.6 but obviously won't play this week.

Reece James seems to be great value and would be my choice.

Maybe Dallas at Leeds? CS's are a premium but he is OOP.

Konsa is a grand option at 4.6 but obviously won't play this week.

Reece James seems to be great value and would be my choice.

Maybe Dallas at Leeds? CS's are a premium but he is OOP.
    The more I look at it the more James jumps out at me. Dallas fits the price range but I may have to suck it up and spend a bit more then I had planned too spend

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Kilman to James
    Watkins to Welbz
    Martinez to Ryan.

Welbz & Ryan playing should give me 4 points which will cover the -4 required to get them in. Otherwise it will be 0 anyways

Kilman -> is a hit but hopefully James can repay this over the next few GWs

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Came on for Jiminez, Was then taken off before Traore, Neto & Podence.

Find another 0.3 and you could have Welbeck who looks nailed on now for a team creating loads

I think they spent €35m on that Silva lad so they must think he's some bit of decent, and with Jimenez out for possible the season ??? he should be getting some game time.

I had also looked at Welbeck, and even prior to Maupay being out he got full 90 mins and Connolly sub, but Connolly looked really sharp against pool and was very unlucky to be subbed. So it's a flip really which one is the best option.

Bobby Decordova-Reid from Fulham has 3 goals so far, and with Mitrovic out of favour he may be worth a punt - like Fulham for as bad as they are - are scoring goals - scored 2 goals in 3 of the last 4 games.

• Advertisement

Any thoughts lads?

On Lascelles, he's 4.4m player who plays 90 mins every week, (unless injured), i don't really see a reason to replace him (other than he doesn't have a game this week - like at some point he's going to have a DGW). So if your new player doesn't need to start this week i'd nearly just hold Lascelles.

Bednarek @ 4.5m has some nice fixtures or even Balbuena @ 4.4m fixtures turn after xmas. Taylor @ 4.4m at Burnely is another shout.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    I think they spent €35m on that Silva lad so they must think he's some bit of decent, and with Jimenez out for possible the season ??? he should be getting some game time.

I had also looked at Welbeck, and even prior to Maupay being out he got full 90 mins and Connolly sub, but Connolly looked really sharp against pool and was very unlucky to be subbed. So it's a flip really which one is the best option.

Bobby Decordova-Reid from Fulham has 3 goals so far, and with Mitrovic out of favour he may be worth a punt - like Fulham for as bad as they are - are scoring goals - scored 2 goals in 3 of the last 4 games.

Dec-Reid wanted to take the pen other night but Parker was given orders for Cavaliero to take it again.

Interesting if Cavaliero is subbed or loses place.

On your point with Welbeck & Connolly, while he looked great his finishing hasn’t and so Porter seems to have more faith in Welbeck & has left him on in past games

Dec-Reid wanted to take the pen other night but Parker was given orders for Cavaliero to take it again.

Interesting if Cavaliero is subbed or loses place.

I read an article that Parker had asked Cavaliero if he want to take the next penalty whenever that would be, and he said yes. The penalty he missed, was more down to him slipping and the ball striking both feet.

It was actually an interesting miss, because under the penalty rules, had the ball when into the net, it should be ruled out as hit both feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

In an awful state after wasting a wildcard 2 weeks ago!

No Gk - Martinez & Forster

Defenders
    Chilwell
    Telles - flagged
    Cancelo - Looks to have lost place to Mendy
    Kilman - Lost place
    Bernardo - fodder never plays

Midfield/Attackers:
    Grealish , Watkins
    Riedewald - benched last Gw’s

Could really end up with 6 players!!!

Sounds like a nightmare

I only bought Cancelo a couple of weeks back as he had a few good games (at least FPL wise) and Id thought he had nailed that spot down, but Pep, etc. Not sure who to replace him with now, have Castagne too who Im hoping comes back this weekend, he is flagged with a 75% chance of playing. Didnt want to make a transfer this week but am being forced into it.

The Kane news is another spanner in the works! Disaster!

• Advertisement

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Sounds like a nightmare

I only bought Cancelo a couple of weeks back as he had a few good games (at least FPL wise) and Id thought he had nailed that spot down, but Pep, etc. Not sure who to replace him with now, have Castagne too who Im hoping comes back this weekend, he is flagged with a 75% chance of playing. Didnt want to make a transfer this week but am being forced into it.

Interesting comments from Pep last night.

He left Cancelo on to get more rhythm. He was playing right back & is naturally a right back.

He has spoke well of him lately, I think he might play right full the weekend, keep that rhythm & replace Walker

I’m definitely holding him for this game as his upside his too good

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Thats good to hear and agree he has good upside as he gets into the box a bit. Think I'll hold him for this week in the hope he starts as Ive got a Zaha and Kane problem to deal with now.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 mairtmairt

Hi Guys is there 2 wildcards are one for the season? If so 2 when do you have to use the 1st one? Im happy with my team for now but just want to clarify? Also what websites do you uae for predicting price rises/fallers? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Mourinho the Joker.... I haven't forgotten son....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,277 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

mairtmairt wrote: »
    Hi Guys is there 2 wildcards are one for the season? If so 2 when do you have to use the 1st one? Im happy with my team for now but just want to clarify? Also what websites do you uae for predicting price rises/fallers? Thanks

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/help

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

mairtmairt wrote: »

http://www.fplstatistics.co.uk/ for predicting price rises/falls.

There is a thread for Price Changes too on boards, a very unique thread - https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058112642&page=21

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

Just did Kilman & Watkins to Dallas & Adam's with 2 FTs. Will hold Grealish & Martinez on bench as I have 11 expected starters just about.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Best defender 4.9 or under?

I have Justin, Chilwell, KWP and Coufal.

I am thinking Dallas at Leeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Brian201888

If you can get away with this weekend then Konsa for Villa is a good shout. Looks a threat from set pieces

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Is Tammy Abraham a viable option up front ? Cavani is just a touch too expensive and I'd rather wait another couple of game to see his minutes.

Clinging on watching the price change predictor every day. Kdb nailed on now after tonight for me. Just a case of which striker, would have been Wilson but off the cards now. Bamford is playing a good defence at the weekend and he's so wasteful. If I get Abraham I could get Wilson in next week covid depending. Then the reshuffle would be complete with kdb, Salah, Bruno, grealish midfield.

Giroud making a good case for himself to start this weekend with 4 goals tonight, enough to put my off going near Tammy which is a pity. Between that and the other options Chelsea have - would Tammy be guarantee minutes going forward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

joeyboy11 wrote: »
    I think for a 1 week punt against Leeds he would be worth it. Pulisic is coming back into the team now so he’ll be played on the left of the 3 and then I’d guess Werner moved into the middle at the expense of Tammy. Definitely check the line up against Sevilla for some extra info.

Yea Abraham will miss out once Pulisic hits form I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Anybody else thinking of getting rid of Bruno? Big game next Wednesday which is surely priority so it's possible he has some reduced minutes this weekend. They have City then City next weekend. Sold Salah for him and had not planned on keeping long term but was going to hold as he has returned. I could get Sterling this week without a hit then Salah next week for Fulham? Food for thought

Can’t believe I never considered Welbeck as my Maupay replacement.

I’d say he’s nailed on. He’s easily the best finisher at that club. I suppose my brain just eliminated him as an option because it suspects to see him injured soon.

If he stays injury free I reckon he’ll be this seasons best value player.

Edit - would not be surprised to see him take the next penalty

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Anybody else thinking of getting rid of Bruno? Big game next Wednesday which is surely priority so it's possible he has some reduced minutes this weekend. They have City then City next weekend. Sold Salah for him and had not planned on keeping long term but was going to hold as he has returned. I could get Sterling this week without a hit then Salah next week for Fulham? Food for thought

I would warn about sterling....there is a chance he may not play, he didn’t feature last Saturday but did play in Europe, I brought him in with the salah covid news, and it was an epic fail, finished the game week with 40points.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Lemlin wrote: »
    Best defender 4.9 or under?

I have Justin, Chilwell, KWP and Coufal.

I am thinking Dallas at Leeds.

Lewis at Newcastle is good value IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Can’t believe I never considered Welbeck as my Maupay replacement.

I’d say he’s nailed on. He’s easily the best finisher at that club. I suppose my brain just eliminated him as an option because it suspects to see him injured soon.

If he stays injury free I reckon he’ll be this seasons best value player.

Edit - would not be surprised to see him take the next penalty

Don’t do it to yourself Klopp

He 100% is a trap

Green&Red wrote: »
    Don’t do it to yourself Klopp

He 100% is a trap

It in terms of ability or being first 11 he isn’t a trap.

It’s all about injury with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Would I be mad taking a hit to sell Zouma and Barnes to afford Mahrez?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,312 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

It in terms of ability or being first 11 he isn’t a trap.

It’s all about injury with him.

He is very Ings in that sense. Kind of forgotten man due to injuries at times. But a class player. Ireland supporters and Kenny would be celebrating for a month if they found a forward like him

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,312 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Would I be mad taking a hit to sell Zouma and Barnes to afford Mahrez?

I don't think so Mahrez seems to be playing himself into the team. Andy (LTFPL) mentioned a stat that Mahrez started 7 out of 8 games following his absence due to covid19 early in the restart.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Advertisement