Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EIR - THREE - VODAFONE GENERAL DISCUSSION

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,548 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

KildareP wrote: »
    To be honest it is probably better than Eir at the moment.

Eir livechat is permanently unresponsive, their phone support has hold times well in excess of an hour and they are not responding to e-mails.

True, their 1905 number can no longer connect people, I found out the above via Twitter DM with @eircare

I used to find live chat worked well.

Eir amuses me, it's always been ****e even with different owners over the years. I'd love to know how their head of customer care keeps their job as the internet is riddled with frustration and even the CEO gets grief on their personal twitter account (which in fairness they respond to) although I tried emailing her after a fibre broad band cock up and got nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Anybody having trouble logging in to the My3 app?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

Gooser14 wrote: »

Working fine for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Mr rebel

I’m on a 24 month Red Connect contract with Vodafone that includes Spotify Premium.
    My contract runs until late next year.
    Today I received a text message from Vodafone saying my Spotify Premium would be no longer included after the end of July!??
    Did anyone else get this message? I’m thinking it must have been sent as an error.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Anj1813

Hello All. Only one question, befor Ill go to Vodafone Salon, again and again...
    Why, 12 months after I left Vodafone, I still having emails from Vodafone, every month:
    Your revised final bill is now available. To view your bill, log on to vodafone.ie/mybill or via My Vodafone app.
    This bill includes charges that have been incurred since your last bill.

Your current invoice is -€39.19.

Your outstanding balance is -€39.19 and is due for payment on 08 July 2020.

Any one with similar experience?

Good day to All :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

They owe you money, contact their billing dept and get the amount refunded to your bank account etc.

Ten Pin wrote: »
    They owe you money, contact their billing dept and get the amount refunded to your bank account etc.

Thats the problem. With out vodafone ph No cant be connected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Anyone know where I can get the Network unlock code for a Doro Phoneasy 622 which is currently locked to Vodafone. This is an old phone which hasn't been in use for a couple of years so I don't think I can request the unlock code from Vodafone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Fogmatic

Gooser14 wrote: »
    I've never tried the phone app, but have you heard about the Three website 'revamp' (not my word!)?
    If not, it could be the first sign of being one of the latest batch of people to be 'upgraded' to their new website, meaning having to re-register at my3. The new system needs a separate email address for each device registered, and it's been taking people anything from a few minutes to weeks to get into my3 again. If you do need to do this I'd advise reading this thread before starting on it (it's just the one I know - there may be others).
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058070168

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭eddie73

I am trying to sync my EIR mobile account with my online account so I can view and access bills. My account info I was given in the shop will not work I am getting 'an error occurred' notification.

their online service is quite an experience. I called into a shop and was given the same account number that I already tried (my existing account number), then the advice to contact eir online or via phone.

Any advice or direction would be massively appreciated.

As I understand , you have problem to be loged in from computer. Check, that before your credential (password) you dont have space.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭eddie73

Thanks for your answer, but the password is accurate as is the log in detail.
    There is no space or empty space for letter before the password.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Anj1813 wrote: »
    Thats the problem. With out vodafone ph No cant be connected.

Go onto their live chat on the support section of the website and they should be able to deal with it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Can anyone get Eir customer care by either phone, Twitter or online chat today?

Their customer care is almost non existent these days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Can anyone get Eir customer care by either phone, Twitter or inline chat today?

Their customer care is almost non existent these days

I find that a public post on twitter normally gets a response.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭funnyname

Can anyone tell me offhand which provider offers the cheapest wifi calling plan?

Blackspots at home and work so would like to give it a try if available on a 30 day sim only deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭KildareP

Eir

Vodafone don't offer it on their SIM only plans

Three don't offer it at all

Has anyone been able to contact Eir customer care.

I need to order a replacement SIM but I can't get them on the phone and no one answers on Eir Care Twitter account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Craigels

I'm on the Eir 5G plan I get good coverage in Limerick but I'm finding the internet connection speed so hit and miss and experience this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭funnyname

funnyname wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me offhand which provider offers the cheapest wifi calling plan?

Blackspots at home and work so would like to give it a try if available on a 30 day sim only deal.

So I signed up to Eir, they've told me that I'm good to go however no option to select wifi calling on my Moto G7 Plus.

I did a bit of googling and after entering the following code *#*#4636#*#* on my phone I get to the phone info screen and I can see that Wi-fi calling provisioned is greyed out.

Anyone know what I need to do to get this enabled?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭babelfish1990

funnyname wrote: »
    So I signed up to Eir, they've told me that I'm good to go however no option to select wifi calling on my Moto G7 Plus.

I did a bit of googling and after entering the following code *#*#4636#*#* on my phone I get to the phone info screen and I can see that Wi-fi calling provisioned is greyed out.

Anyone know what I need to do to get this enabled?
    WiFi calling requires carrier-specific firmware in the handset. You need to choose a handset manufacturer that has Eir's settings in their firmware - eg Samsung, Huawei, Apple, Sony. You dont necessarily need to buy the handset from Eir, but you may need to get the Eir firmware flashed in. I dont think Motorola is one of the vendors with compatible handsets for Eir.

Vodafone is now reporting on the website that a number of additional plans being eligible for VoLTE and VoWiFi - including their two SIM only plans:
    https://n.vodafone.ie/support/bill-pay-hub/bill-pay/wi-fi-calling.html

Cheapest SIM only plan is €25 for 6-months then €35 a month, 12-month minimum term, max speed capped at 10Mbps. Or for €35 for 6-months then €45, max available speed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭babelfish1990

Vodafone is now reporting on the website that a number of additional plans being eligible for VoLTE and VoWiFi - including their two SIM only plans:
    https://n.vodafone.ie/support/bill-pay-hub/bill-pay/wi-fi-calling.html

Cheapest SIM only plan is €25 for 6-months then €35 a month, 12-month minimum term, max speed capped at 10Mbps. Or for €35 for 6-months then €45, max available speed.

Good to see that Vodafone are opening up WiFi calling on additional plans - but their service is still quite limited vs the Eir Mobile service - Unlike Eir, Vodafone do not yet support Text Messaging, and do not allow use while roaming (although most of us aren't likely to be roaming any time soon!). Text messaging, while dying out as a means of P2P communication, is still vital for receiving authentication messages from banks etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭gary29428

Folks, has anybody noticed a drop off in Three 4G. My internet running very slow at the moment.

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,584 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I've noticed a big dropoff in eir/goMo signal in recent weeks. Always had some bars before, now I have nothing in places. Data speeds very bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,901 ✭✭✭DopeTech

TheDriver wrote: »
    I've noticed a big dropoff in eir/goMo signal in recent weeks. Always had some bars before, now I have nothing in places. Data speeds very bad.

Is your data roaming switched on?

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

Has anyone managed to port from gomo to eir? Eirs online form doesn't have Gomo as an option for current provider. Want to switch it to a payg network as its a number I won't use anymore but would like to keep active for a few months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,584 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

DopeTech wrote: »
    Is your data roaming switched on?

Yes. Just find that GoMo has gone very poor compared to last year. Can't even receive a phone call where before there was no issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Frozen Veg

gary29428 wrote: »
    Folks, has anybody noticed a drop off in Three 4G. My internet running very slow at the moment.

Thanks.

Yes gone very poor last couple of weeks.

Vodafone have increased the allowances for their data add ons on PAYG

20GB for 15e (was 15GB)

5GB for 5e (was 1GB)

Might suit someone with low usage and poor coverage on other networks.

https://n.vodafone.ie/shop/pay-as-you-go-plans/add-ons.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

Vodafone have increased the allowances for their data add ons on PAYG

20GB for 15e (was 15GB)

5GB for 5e (was 1GB)

Might suit someone with low usage and poor coverage on other networks.

https://n.vodafone.ie/shop/pay-as-you-go-plans/add-ons.html

I would love the option of buying data that lasted a bit longer than 28 days. This would suit me a lot better than more data for the short period. No provider offers that, unfortunately.

Got a SMS today from Eir. See below.

Eir are changing the contracts to some of their Simplicity Unlimited plans.

From 9th Nov the top up duration for the Simply Unlimited plans will change from 28 days to 14 days.

If you top-up before 9th Nov your plan will remain the same(top-up every 28 days) but if you top-up after 9th Nov you will be change to the 14 day plan.

I have checked their website for info but can find any. Maybe they will update it within the next few days.

Eir are changing the contracts to some of their Simply plans.

From 9th Nov the top up duration for the Simply Unlimited plans will change from 28 days to 14 days.

If you top-up before 9th Nov your plan will remain the same(top-up every 28 days) but if you top-up after 9th Nov you will be change to the 14 day plan.

I have checked their website for info but can find any. Maybe they will update it within the next few days.

Bizarre that they would roll this out just as 48 launch their 7.99 a month plan.

Bizarre that they would roll this out just as 48 launch their 7.99 a month plan.
    The Simply Plans were the ones that let you keep all of your credit and gave extremely small allowances rather than consuming all or part of your top up in return for unlimited calls, texts or data:
    https://www.eir.ie/mobile/prepay/simply-top-up/

The Simply Plans were the ones that let you keep all of your credit and gave extremely small allowances rather than consuming all or part of your top up in return for unlimited calls, texts or data:

These offers are brutal though

I thought that myself

Sorry I should have said Simplicity plans.

My plan is the Simplicity Unlimited Calls for €10 per month.

Simplicity plans
    https://www.eir.ie/mobile/prepay/

Simply plans

Eir are changing the contracts to some of their Simplicity Unlimited plans.

AIUI, the 10e unlimited calls plan is the only unlimited plan....the 20e and 30e plans are called 'No Limits Data' plans. As such the halving of the plan duration might only apply to the 10e calls plan and to anyone who didn't opt in to the No Limits 20e and 30e plan...possibly by not topping up since No Limits was introduced.

If that interpretation is incorrect and Eir are really doubling the 20 and 30 plans to 40 and 60 then they are effectively shutting down eir prepay. If that's the case then they have lost the plot as they just recently had an offer for new customers with some free credit and reduced handset prices.....or else they're trying to move those PAYG customers on to Gomo which is a bit odd as that's billpay and plenty of people don't want a bill and will move to another PAYG provider.

Can you post the text they sent?

When have eir ever made sense?!

AIUI, the 10e unlimited calls plan is the only unlimited plan....the 20e and 30e plans are called 'No Limits Data' plans. As such the halving of the plan duration might only apply to the 10e calls plan and to anyone who didn't opt in to the No Limits 20e and 30e plan...possibly by not topping up since No Limits was introduced.

If that interpretation is incorrect and Eir are really doubling the 20 and 30 plans to 40 and 60 then they are effectively shutting down eir prepay. If that's the case then they have lost the plot as they just recently had an offer for new customers with some free credit and reduced handset prices.....or else they're trying to move those PAYG customers on to Gomo which is a bit odd as that's billpay and plenty of people don't want a bill and will move to another PAYG provider.

Can you post the text they sent?

After looking at the text again you might be correct. I missed the link when I read it first because I was using an old phone with a poor screen.

This exact text is below :

Contract Change
    From 9th November, your current Simplicity Unlimited Calls Top Up offer duration will be changing from 28 days to 14 days.

If you activate this offer before November 9th, the offer will remain active for 28 days . Top ups made after November 9th will activate the offer for 14 days.

We are increasing some standard rates and other charges on the Simplicity Plan. We will also be discontinuing the IOU and We text services from December 2020.

For full details see www.eir.ie/prepayupdate2.

If you feel it's not right for you, you are free to choose another offer or withdraw from your contract without penalty, including by ceasing to top-up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Stewball

These offers are brutal though

Vodafone have better options. I use their call & data add ons regularly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,022 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

It wasn't a wonder 3 in particular closed the talk to facility, they were rightly slaughtered on it. Their twitter care feed is Hillarious and hasn't sorted their care issues but best of all is the Facebook page, look for post from others, absolutely shocking that they actually allow some of the stuff be seen by the general public.

The harsh Reality of Communication companies is they infact don't want to communicate with their customers and indeed actively put barriers in the way. Their greatest Tool is abuse of GDPR rules, never in the history of Business has a single piece of EU legislation been abused as much as GDPR and not just communications companies, Utilities too becoming adept at not wishing to communicate with their customers. Its becoming the new norm I fear.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Got a text from Three. It seems 5g is now active on their Network.

Text from Three
    From Three. 5G from Three is here with quicker download speeds! Plus we have more 5G sites than any other Irish network. 5G for all means 5G for all - just grab a booster on our new prepay plans and go. Explore 5G for you 3.ie/5G

Edit:
    Article on it https://www.irishtimes.com/business/technology/three-ireland-switches-on-5g-network-around-the-country-1.4366332?
    mode=amp

There are a number of benefits to the new generation of mobile technology, with data speeds of up to 1Gbit per second possible. That makes it an average of five to 10 times faster than the typical 4G connection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,763 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Heard them talking about it on the radio.
    It will be a long time until it gets to me. Only got 4G last year but in fairness very few problems.
    What's the cost as a matter of interest?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

Heard them talking about it on the radio.
    It will be a long time until it gets to me. Only got 4G last year but in fairness very few problems.
    What's the cost as a matter of interest?

Starting at €20 (€15 + €5 5G add on) a month with Three for unlimited calls, text and data (5G).

Not bad at all in my opinion.

We do seem to be in the middle of a price war between the networks (and other utilities as far as I can see), people have more time to shop around when WFH I guess.

Starting at €20 (€15 + €5 5G add on) a month with Three for unlimited calls, text and data (5G).

The 15e 3 PAYG plan has only 1GB data. The 5G add on is "5G Access", it just lets you use 1GB faster.

Unlimited data is on the 20 and 30 plans, 5e extra for 5G.

25e per 4 weeks for unlimited 5G, seems reasonable if signal is good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

Apologies, I was referring to the Bill Pay Sim only plan

https://www.three.ie/plans/sim-only/bill-pay/

But on second look, it is only until the end of the year.
    3 Bill Pay Unlimited SIMO
    €14.76 Per month until 2021.
    €29.51/month thereafter.

5G
    + €4.92/month

Lads does anyone know where on the Eir website I can order a replacement SIM. I've been looking but can't find it

In getting no response by phone or Twitter.

Thanks

Lads does anyone know where on the Eir website I can order a replacement SIM. I've been looking but can't find it

In getting no response by phone or Twitter.

Thanks

I think you have to go into a store to get a replacement SIM, ie one that is no longer working or lost. That's the case with Vodafone anyway and is to do with security and identity issues.

RoYoBo wrote: »
    I think you have to go into a store to get a replacement SIM, ie one that is no longer working or lost. That's the case with Vodafone anyway and is to do with security and identity issues.

I calling one if their stores and they said they have no way of verifying identity and to use the website instead but they couldn't give me a specific link to it

They might have meant they just couldn't do it over the phone though so I call them back just to be sure.

Eirs customer care is non existent at this stage.

Edit:
    Just got a reply on Twitter. They no longer provide replacement Sims online. You must go in store

So in a Pandemic they force you to travel. Unreal

Btw if people need numbers to contact them on try these that were recommended to me by one if the stores:
    01 430 7066
    1800 500 300

While I know it's a PITA, especially with Covid, I do understand the reasoning for this, given the issue of sim-swap fraud

When you go to the Eir shop, be sure to have the identity proof required as it'll be even more of a PITA to have to go back empty handed. I hear that a passport is sometimes necessary, though if I remember correctly, a driving licence was enough with Vodafone (at the time).

• Advertisement
Advertisement