Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What has happened to Three?

Options
  • 14-04-2020 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

I can no longer spend my credit from the prepay offer in the Play Store, it's disabled as a payment option with the red letters "Unavailable".
    It told me I need to re-register online for their new system which I attempted to do.

I was disgusted when it told me my password had to be between 6 and 10 characters. Is this supposed to be a new system? Who developed this junk? I'm assuming some €1/hour outsourced development shop. It then locked up after I clicked Next and I haven't received any email/text message with a registration code. Trying to sign in at this point it tells me to check my email and I'm just "one step away" but there's nothing there. It furthermore says to "click here" if you haven't received your email which is just another link to the login form to do the exact same thing to you.

Is Three dead? Should I be switching to GoMo? I'm hesitant to touch anything with even a ten foot pole that's remotely connected to Eir based on the nightmarish customer service tales I've heard, but it looks like Three may be no better at this point. Maybe I need to splash out the cash for a Vodafone plan? Are there any carriers left in Ireland that give a **** about customer service and building a platform with competent developers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Pjkelly

I’m the same keeps putting me around in circles with this re- registering rubbish 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭sliabh 1956

i have no web text for nearly a month just when I needed it most

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Berberis

Tempora wrote: »
    I can no longer spend my credit from the prepay offer in the Play Store, it's disabled as a payment option with the red letters "Unavailable".
    It told me I need to re-register online for their new system which I attempted to do.

I was disgusted when it told me my character had to be between 6 and 10 characters. Is this supposed to be a new system? Who developed this junk? I'm assuming some €1/hour outsourced development shop. It then locked up after I clicked Next and I haven't received any email/text message with a registration code. Trying to sign in at this point it tells me to check my email and I'm just "one step away" but there's nothing there. It furthermore says to "click here" if you haven't received your email which is just another link to the login form to do the exact same thing to you.

Is Three dead? Should I be switching to GoMo? I'm hesitant to touch anything with even a ten foot pole that's remotely connected to Eir based on the nightmarish customer service tales I've heard, but it looks like Three may be no better at this point. Maybe I need to splash out the cash for a Vodafone plan? Are there any carriers left in Ireland that give a **** about customer service and building a platform with competent developers?

Try This https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin//showpost.php?p=113159920&postcount=1563

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭sunbeam

I'm also going around in circles trying to re-register for My3 on billpay. I've got as far as the confirmation email, but when I click it am getting a 'user not found' message. I'm also a billpay broadband customer but the old system is working as normal.

Guess I'll just have to ring them tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Whestsidestory

I got a text saying my data was all used up but I have barely turned it on the last month..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭not1but4

I re-registered during the weekend and clicked on the link to validate my email but still wasn't able to login. I tried using my email address instead of my phone number as my username and I was finally able to login.

I am unable to login via the App though as it just times out when I enter my phone number.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,031 ✭✭✭AngelaRI

Yeah apparently they upgraded their My3 systems and now the entire thing is FUBAR it seems - my billpay account can no longer log into My3, cannot register a new prepay data sim I bought for WFH data: anyone who gets to the email validation step is lucky, mine fails before then, telling me I'm already registered but at the same time the account doesn't exist, been fighting a week with 3 and finally Monday they confirmed that my case has been elevated to the tech team who are dealing with a myriad of similar cases. Today marks the start of my second week of these issues

• Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭wayne040576

AngelaRI wrote: »
    Yeah apparently they upgraded their My3 systems and now the entire thing is FUBAR it seems - my billpay account can no longer log into My3, cannot register a new prepay data sim I bought for WFH data: anyone who gets to the email validation step is lucky, mine fails before then, telling me I'm already registered but at the same time the account doesn't exist, been fighting a week with 3 and finally Monday they confirmed that my case has been elevated to the tech team who are dealing with a myriad of similar cases. Today marks the start of my second week of these issues

I had the same issue this week. I wasn't aware of the 'revamp' of their system. The other day I tried to log into my account in order to check if I was due an upgrade. I had to go through the wizard to upgrade my account. It fell over on the last page, where you accept the Terms & Conditions. Now it keeps telling me that I'm already registered when I log in using my number as the user name. But when I log in with the new details I get "Oops, No Active Customer or Subscriptions were Found"

I haven't contacted support yet. I imagine it's going to be fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,031 ✭✭✭AngelaRI

I had the same issue this week. I wasn't aware of the 'revamp' of their system. The other day I tried to log into my account in order to check if I was due an upgrade. I had to go through the wizard to upgrade my account. It fell over on the last page, where you accept the Terms & Conditions. Now it keeps telling me that I'm already registered when I log in using my number as the user name. But when I log in with the new details I get "Oops, No Active Customer or Subscriptions were Found"

I haven't contacted support yet. I imagine it's going to be fun.

Yeah that's the message I've been getting since day 1, if the page doesn't time out at all. Took 8 days to get a ticket logged with the tech team, and a promise of update the following day. Of course, that was a lie and 2 days later still no word. Then finally I get a response giving out saying I need to stop sending messages and that they're going go bump me to the bottom of the queue every time I ask for an update. Shockingly rude, at this time when we most need to be online and able to communicate, that's when Three decides to forget what customer service is and treat us like trash

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

Funny how you won't touch eir but went to three.

Frying pan to fire

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Mav11

sunbeam wrote: »
    I'm also going around in circles trying to re-register for My3 on billpay. I've got as far as the confirmation email, but when I click it am getting a 'user not found' message. I'm also a billpay broadband customer but the old system is working as normal.

Guess I'll just have to ring them tomorrow.

I'm having the same problems and trying to top up. Anybody get it resolved?

Update: Seems to have fixed itself!!! I'm now in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Mav11 wrote: »

I eventually got in by using the chrome browser as mentioned above. It took an age for me to figure out how to download old bills though. I really wish they left it as it was.

Mav11 wrote: »

And..................its gone again:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭phonypony

2 hours today waiting on webchat, from 400th in the queue to getting to chat with an agent, only to be told 'this is a prepay account not a bill pay' then disconnecting the chat... Didn't even address my query.

Well done three, doing a stellar job as usual...

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭editorsean

It sure took time to get my mobile broadband # registered. It kept getting stuck in a loop at various stages. If I left it and came back 30 minutes later, it would go a stage further. The e-mail confirmation link took the longest to work, giving a "Unknown user" error until an hour later. Once I finally completed the registration, the only way I could log in that day was through their forum as someone mentioned earlier, then go into My3 from the top menu.

I can now log on using the Chrome browser, but it usually says "Incorrect Username or Password." on the first or second attempt, then logs in successfully.

I have a prepay Three SIM # and it looks like their new system requires a unique e-mail per number:
    ZSmgTj5.png

Update: I contacted Three about the issue and they said that I need a separate e-mail address for each Three number.

When I tried logging in a moment ago, I got the usual "Incorrect Username or Password." on the first two attempts. The third attempt appeared to log in, but said "You are not authorised to access this page." on the billing page. Logged out and got "Incorrect Username or Password." on the fourth attempt and logged in successfully on the fifth, after which I saw their reply.

Update 2: As I've a domain name, I created an alias and used that. The new registration process went a lot quicker than my broadband # and the activation e-mail worked straight away. However, it says I must wait 12 hours before I can log in.

For anyone else with two Three accounts that have a Gmail address, one trick you can try is put a '.' in your e-mail address for the second account. Gmail ignores dots, so john.smith@... is treated the same as johnsmith@... for incoming e-mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Fogmatic

Thank you editorsean for your experiences and pointers. (For instance I read once about Gmail ignoring the dots but had forgotten, probably because of not having a use for it before).

Apologies for the length of this (didn't realise through the little phone screen!)
    We're a couple confined to home as over 70s, and with both computers out of order my wifi smartphone is currently our only internet device (husband prefers a basic mobile, from which we got data blocked to avoid problems). We still have our old landline number, but it's on VOIP these days - much better, but now out of action until I've managed to re-register the router sim. As is our wifi internet, so until I can get the router re-registered I'm having to use the mobile data in the phone. It's an Android one, I use Chrome as default and our main email addresses are now Gmail ones (so that's convenient at least, I gather).

I've had this My3 problem for less than a week, but it feels like an age! My phone and the router are on 28-day €20 PAYG top ups, both on the same date and due during that Three system upgrade weekend. I tried to do them on the Friday before but couldn't get through to the website for some reason. I tried again once the site was back on Tuesday morning and hit this malarkey (first I knew of it).

Short story, same sagas as most. And an extra annoyance if you're into non fiction writing and can see straight away how easy it would be for Three to say things more clearly, and in the right order (and not get so bogged down by queries)! I thought their illustrated re-registration procedure might clarify things, until I got to the email address box requiring 'one you have access to *and/or* one not registered to another number'. (So any address we can access might do it? Depending?). I can't be the only one who'd gladly rewrite it all for nothing!

Longer story (and a few queries before trying again);

I found some clarification in the forums, then tried to re-register the phone first (with my disused eircom address as a temporary one, to simplify avoiding clashes). The confirmation email arrived promptly, but I was blocked from entering it and told the account was already upgraded. With eircom.net addresses I used to have a second browser open at the webmail inbox for confirmation emails, but forgot this time (it's the prolonged troubleshooting!), and left the Three page to view the emaiI. But I still have no idea if that mattered. Or whether.the phone really did get registered without the code. I can't tell if it did or not from trying to log in. And if not, whether it's because of not waiting a few minutes/hours/days between each move (delete to suit), or because of something else. The online chat was still on offer (maybe that means the phone did get registered - who knows!).. So I tried to find out that way, but didn't have all day to wait for the hundreds before me (with no guarantee of help, judging from others' experience). Same thing with the router sim, except the email never arrived.

I went to top up the phone via the customer service number, with the same card already registered there for a while, but the card wasn't recognised. I knew I had about €100 of phone credit, which was something, and luckily the credit check number still worked so I could keep an eye on it. The login attempts and searches used it up fairly quickly, and next morning it was down to €13.02, so it was swiftly off with the mobile data (€1 a megabyte being for the rich!)..

With voucher top up impossible, the only thing I could think of was an error entering the card numbers at the customer service number (two or three times!). I listened to all the options this time in case one was a person (no). But there was one to top up with a new card, there was no harm in trying, and it worked! The balance duly changed to €33.02, which held steady through more browsing, so luckily I hadn't lost the data plan. I topped up again to €50-odd just in case, and the pressure's off re getting the phone re-registered/finding out whether it is.

I had to do some other things for a while, but can now focus on trying to re-register the router. I know a bit more now about what to expect (e.g. a long wait not always meaning failure), but there are still a few details I'm not sure about that others may know by now;

1. For getting into the new My3, is there any difference between the re-registering procedure and registering the device as a new one?
    2. If re-registering has succeeded, does the website let us know in some way?
    3. When trying to re-register the phone, once or twice I had a glimpse of (if memory serves) 'Do not attempt to log in until up to 3 hours after re-registration' (whatever 'up to 3 hours' means). It was so fleeting that I'm not sure if was just a glitch on the site, or if it applies? (I wouldn't like to contribute to overloading the website!).
    4. I've never been sure whether 'locked out after 5 login attempts' means on trying for the 5th time or trying for the 6th time? And if not locked out, how long do we wait until the next set of attempts?
    5. If a link during re-registration doesn't appear to be working, should I give it more time than for a normal website before touching it again? (I don't know if trying again too soon would mess things up).

Any answers gratefully received!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

IME....

- Attempt login at...

https://login.three.ie/

...with mobile number as username. The next page will indicate whether account has been upgraded or not, if it has then re registration is complete. Nothing else to do on that page so proceed as follows...

- In a private/incognito tab try to login with email as username at...

https://www.three.ie/my3/customer360.html

...if that fails then try to log in straight away at...

https://login.three.ie/

...with email as username, if that fails then retry once more.

No idea what happens after 5 failed login attempts or the 3 or 12 hour waiting times, IMO they're just using that to reduce server load. IME waiting or not made no difference to login success or failure...login worked immediately after that warning and didn't work 3 or 12 hours later so it's irrelevant.

For future reference, don't let top ups accumulate, there's a data add-on for 5 euro (500MB), not great value but better than 1 euro per MB.

See here...
    https://notifications.three.ie/sms-codes/
    ...for various actions that can be done via SMS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

You need to contact customer care to get them to de-register your email address from My3 and you'll be able to register again afresh with whatever email address you wish. Worth noting though that they need to log a case to get it deregisterd which can take a few days to do this. Once this is done it should be very straight forward to register then. This is a widespread issue with 3 within the last month with a huge number of customers by the looks of boards and twitter.

Ah. What with Ten Pin's pointers, and having just realised what I did wrong re the verification code for the router, I was all set to try re-registering it again today, and hopefully get our normal internet back soon!r

So the very first step after all is to ring/live chat customer care and hang on for as long as it takes? Then log the case and wait several days? And only then make a start at the My3 login page? (And do we have to go through the whole thing for each device, or can we log a case for more than one?)

How about simply registering our devices as new ones, using email addresses that Three has never heard of (as well as new passwords of course) - might that work? Or would the phone numbers have to be new as well?

Thanks for that re the add-on, Ten Pin - I'll bear it in mind. My phone credit always does accumulate (not many chargeable calls,, and none of the stuff we can buy with it is of much use to me). I like to keep some available for various circumstances, though. I'll look into the add-on once I've got our internet back (and got back into My3 if necessary).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

I didn't have to contact customer service at any stage.

I used the same email & password that 3 already had before any of this upgrade started....reason for that was to avoid any confusion between passwords for each username (email vs number).

A customer profile reset will probably work but not sure if 3 really know how to resolve the problems customers have had. They shouldn't have to speak/chat to every customer to sort out login issues.

The process of re registering required a SMS verification code to be input to proceed to completion. A previous re reg step involved a verification email but that didn't work and I didn't receive any more verification emails.

Here is 3's guidance...
    https://www.three.ie/maintenance/My3Maintenance.php

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Ahh good to know as I thought the site was hacked.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭testarossa40

Ten Pin wrote: »
    I didn't have to contact customer service at any stage.

I used the same email & password that 3 already had before any of this upgrade started....reason for that was to avoid any confusion between passwords for each username (email vs number).

A customer profile reset will probably work but not sure if 3 really know how to resolve the problems customers have had. They shouldn't have to speak/chat to every customer to sort out login issues.

The process of re registering required a SMS verification code to be input to proceed to completion. A previous re reg step involved a verification email but that didn't work and I didn't receive any more verification emails.

Here is 3's guidance...
    https://www.three.ie/maintenance/My3Maintenance.php
    FWIW, I did not get a verification email after reregistration either and I reused my old password too, but after 3 fruitless weeks of trying I was finally able to log in successfully today through Private Window (Firefox) session per your link above. Then through a standard browser session after clearing old cookies again per the link above. NB use your registered email address as username, not your phone#.

However, having logged in I was (a) "not authorised" to update my contact postal or billing address, and (b) am still unable to connect with the new Android My3 app ("Oops, something went wrong...")

Panic off for me! At least, I got our normal internet back last night, and can work away at My3 for as long as it takes, wiithout constant timeouts, wondering how image-heavy the next page will be etc. (It's been like regressing to our old up-to-12Kbps dialup days!). It also means our VOIP is back (so tech-phobic relatives can contact us if they need to). As is the printer (no more having to peer at little screenshots in the Gallery).

I topped up the router last night via the same customer service number at which my phone top up had failed with my card as registered but succeeded as a new card. My mistake with the router had been with the first move, being told to enter 'your phone number'. I wasn't familiar with topping up outside My3, and had assumed that meant it was only for topping up the phone I was ringing from. (There was also something I couldn't quite make out about finding the number 'at the top of your bill, which seemed a bit odd, but then I don't know much about Bill Pay, and someone seemed to be trying to drown the person). But this time I tried entering the router number, and was told my balance was €0.00 so it was obviously recognised. Then as with my phone it was option 2 for a new card, the balance was €20.00, and by the time I hung up and saw the home screen the internet was fully on. (No resets of anything needed).

I don't think the re-registration instructions are the only thing most of us could organise better!

Thanks for the additional info, Ten Pin and testarossa. I'll get there in the end (fortunately, experience has been good training in tenacity!).

I find most companies' apps would only be a waste of phone space when I can just go to their websites, and I've never tried the My3 one. Does it have advantages? (I already know my nearest 3 shop's a 130km round trip, and my further travels are normally straight to the UK).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GinSoaked

More Three Sh!t

Got a msg two days ago saying my plan was going to expire yestereday. So I buy a voucher.

Today go to top up and I've still a day left to run and today I get another txt msg to say my plan has expired for this month - again log in and no it hasn't.

First login took 2 attempts with the same password saved by google chrome and the second took 4 attempts before it accepted the same saved credentials.

Tree - run by planks.

GinSoaked wrote: »
    More Three Sh!t

Got a msg two days ago saying my plan was going to expire yestereday. So I buy a voucher.

Today go to top up and I've still a day left to run and today I get another txt msg to say my plan has expired for this month - again log in and no it hasn't.

First login took 2 attempts with the same password saved by google chrome and the second took 4 attempts before it accepted the same saved credentials.

Tree - run by planks.

Glad you were able to buy a voucher, at least!

We were confined to home at the start of April as over-70s.(in a rural area). When I ran into the Three problem, it was a week before I managed to restore communication with the outside world (and get groceries delivered again; luckily we hadn't needed anything urgent from the pharmacy). It''s been the best training I've had in anger management techniques since a battle with eircom/eir 13 years ago.
    Mainly just not thinking about it unnecessarily (helped by a change of view yesterday, with the recent restriction relaxation allowing us a walk)!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,465 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Has this issue been resolved for anyone? I'm well over a month trying to get access to my3 or the website with no luck. I've tried every browser, Incognito mode, cache clear etc to no avail.
    I've reset my password umpteen times but nothing works. Even their Text codes to 50272 don't do anything. I'm really sick of it at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

I got access to account then blocked out. I spent 2 hours online on Saturday with a guy trying to sort it out and was told it could take 10 working days, so we will see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Nope. I let them know over 4.5 weeks ago it wasn't working. They came back last week and said there's nothing wrong (there clearly is) I had to report it all over again. Very poor service. People seem to be having luck getting it sorted through Twitter and it's widespread. Why it hasn't been sorted already is beyond me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GinSoaked

I found my problem was accessing My3 through a broadband device that had a three phone SIM in it.

If I use another connection say vodafone (fibre) I get in straight away.

What I did discover was if I changed the APN to the phone APN and then limited my browser window to the width of a mobile phone I could log in to My3 through the three SIM. Wide browser window, username unknown narrow browser logs in usually on the second attempt.

Advertisement