Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Survival and FTB

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

Someone may have crashed the FTB server >.>

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Someone may have crashed the FTB server >.>

"Someone"?? :P

Don't worry, you wont get in trouble if it was you :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭jujumushu

Everything is A OK you absolute muppet. She is back and your mystcraft age is delightful...now if you could bring me a book so I'm not trapped here forever, that would be great...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Don't worry, I booked her up good ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 12,962 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Damn. Just got jumped by a Creeper while trying to get away from another on Survival. Some damage to a house at 248,392. I'll need to get some materials and try to fix it.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭welchy

Some tower you have there Pompus :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Pompous

welchy wrote: »
    Some tower you have there Pompus :eek:

Haha cheers man xD It was the ultimate source of procrastination while I was supposed to be getting an assignment done. I wanted it to look pretty but alas I ran out of time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Recently updated to Windows 8.1, and now my Minecraft is running pretty awfully, like half as many FPS. It was running quite well on 8.0. Any tips? Probably time I got optifine.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I didn't notice any significant drop when moving between Win 7 and Win 8.1 (didn't have 8.0), but I did have Optifine installed from the get go and I have a semi serious gaming rig.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

If other games are fine ensure that your java install is using your video card. There are settings specifically for this in the nvidia control panel. May (should) be similar for the ati equivalent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,962 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Serious server lag on Survival this morning. I think it was caused by that farm near spawn, all the pens were seriously jam-packed with animals. I had a little cull session, and put the products (wool, leather, beef) in the locker in the spawn house. (Minus a few steaks for my larder.) The pens are still pretty mobbed. Is there some kind of automatic feeder working there?

edit: server just went down

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

Can I get whitelisted please.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I can't begin to describe how angry I am with myself over what I did earlier.

Decide I need to make a bed, have no sheep near me, remember there are sheep at spawn, so I grab a sheers and head over.

Get distracted by shiny Nether Portal so I decided to go in to take a look.

Think "oh, there's some Quartz, I'll grab a bit of that"

Have a Ghast appear out of nowhere and blow the 1 brick that was supporting me up and fall almost to my death, only to be saved by a small floating island of netherack.

"OSHTOSHTOSHT, I can make a bridge to that land mass and figure this mess out..."

Start bridge, Mr Ghast reappears, BLAM into the lake of Lava.

I lost 35XP levels and My Eff 3 / Unbreak 3 / Fortune 2 diamond pickaxe.

RAEG!

/twiddles thumbs & and idles on TS waiting for whitelisting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Morag wrote: »
    /twiddles thumbs & and idles on TS waiting for whitelisting.

Wrong thread for a whitelist.

And patience is a virtue, you orgionally posted about it about 12pm, its now 3pm.. Its Monday, people work y'know! :P

and? :P

Pompus, you might wanna think about putting a few torches on/in your house area, there are creepers just dropping off it when you walk by at night :P

Willdo!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Bull_Boy

Pompous wrote: »
    Willdo!

Speaking of which... There was a slight creeper situation between our homes. Not anyone on a 'list' or anything... But I put some torches up, and will gather some sand to help repair the damage. For now it is dirty and grey :( Sorry mate!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Pompous wrote: »
    Willdo!

Originally I read that as dildo.... :o

• Advertisement

Bull_Boy wrote: »
    Speaking of which... There was a slight creeper situation between our homes. Not anyone on a 'list' or anything... But I put some torches up, and will gather some sand to help repair the damage. For now it is dirty and grey :( Sorry mate!

Don't worry about it man :D
    jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Originally I read that as dildo.... :o

Yeah, too much time on this server will do that to you :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Bull_Boy wrote: »

had a little problem myself today, was looking around and a creeper followed me into your humble abode. Sorry man, i blocked it off again and left all your items in your chests, didnt know what way your house was built.

Will help you build over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 GFBBuddah

Hey guys just looking to find out if the FTB server is still running on version listed on front page as I am getting errors trying to connect to it.

Thanks in advance for any help :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Nope, dec is full of lies and infamy. And laziness, the OP still hasn't been updated :p

FTB server is currently running Monster 1.1.0, although this might be updated to 1.1.1 in the near future. Maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 GFBBuddah

Thanks a million will try patch to that now. You guys are great for quick responses. :D

Well, you know, full time jobs tend to get in the way of updating servers. I'll update the ftb server tomorrow.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

jujumushu wrote: »
    Well, you know, full time jobs tend to get in the way of updating servers. I'll update the ftb server tomorrow.

Nah, its all DOTA's fault :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Finally changed my avatar. Think it suits me better ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Rachel_Ann

Anyone up for a bit of 'sploring?

• Advertisement

arcadekid:

A creeper spawned on top of your house and blew up when I came around the corner. Sorry for the damage I repaired it as best I could. Also I placed a torch where it spawned to stop it happening again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement