Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Survival and FTB

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Wouldn't worry about the version dark glasses, I have been running 1.7.6 since I joined the server. Gonna suck if the server is shut down, I just came across an abandoned mineshaft!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Narkah

Uh, juju? The only thing I took from rasher was a pick and a few things, I left my iron in payment... I had let my cousin play a bit, I was wondering if he maybe did it? If you find the items, please return them, and even if you dont unban me for what he did, atleast tell rasher that im sorry for my cousin doing that...

Thanks anyways,
    -Narkah

PS: He said hed been mining, my accs are accesible anytime on my comp, its all saved. He was playing RotMG (Realm of the Mad God), but maybe he was playing MC instead during that time. Whatevs, I guess see ya around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭jujumushu

Narkah it is your responsibility to make sure that if someone plays on your account, that they follow the server rules.

If you are playing on the FTB server, be cautious about taking a better storage backpack with you through the end portal, as it may delete itself. There are chests and beds at the only discovered end portal, which you can use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Fúck me. Spent the entire day building a 6x2 drawbridge with this concept

and I just finished it and it doesn't even work! :mad: 1000 solid blocks, 300 redstone wire, 70 repeaters, 100 redstone torches, 20 sticky pistons and 2 pistons and it has taken a lot of effort of building it, not to mention that I had to dig 7 blocks down, remove a section of the lake and clear out a cave. :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Know the feeling. Very, very frustrating when those things don't work out!

Know the feeling. Very, very frustrating when those things don't work out!

Yeah, I don't what to do with it now. Can't really be bothered to recheck everything so I think I'll try to make something out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Rachel_Ann

What what what?! The map is being reset?! A welcomed changed! I suggest a non amplified map - all in favour??

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭doddly

When's it being reset? Definitely a non amp server please

• Advertisement

Rachel_Ann wrote: »
    What what what?! The map is being reset?! A welcomed changed! I suggest a non amplified map - all in favour??

Yes to both! Rashers and Oni want it too.

I'll burn down my boat :D

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭doddly

I'll murder my villagers

If this is going ahead, who has gunpowder? I took some from Welchy's place and replaced it with 10 iron ingots. Need 6 more for two blocks of TNT :D

Yeah would you mind *not* blowing the place up with tnt? Old maps are saved for legacy servers etc...

I was joking guys! I didn't think people would burn down there ships, slaughter the villagers & tnt the server! Have ye all gone mad!?

Haha I did laugh though ^.^

jujumushu wrote: »
    Yeah would you mind *not* blowing the place up with tnt? Old maps are saved for legacy servers etc...

What are legacy servers?

Awwww :( My place is such a mess now and I can't really be arsed to undo it all.

What are legacy servers?

Old maps we've played on rolled into one nice little server. You should visit the map with Tallagh, Galway, Carlow/Mountmellick etc. Twas a good'n

Rachel_Ann wrote: »
    Old maps we've played on rolled into one nice little server. You should visit the map with Tallagh, Galway, Carlow/Mountmellick etc. Twas a good'n

Sounds fun, how do I do that?

Legacy server 188.165.244.23:25568

Pretty sure you can't actually do anything though, like break blocks. Can't remember

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Pompous

Hello peeps,

So I can't connect to the server or the legacy server. What am I missing?

Sincerely,
    A Big Noob.

I can't get on the legacy server, but I can get on the normal one. Which version of minecraft are you using pomp? If it's 1.7.6, you need to set it back to 1.7.5 until the server is upgraded

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Pompous

I can't get on the legacy server, but I can get on the normal one. Which version of minecraft are you using pomp? If it's 1.7.6, you need to set it back to 1.7.5 until the server is upgraded

Oh right, I'm on 1.7.8. Cheers man I'll do that asap.

Pompous wrote: »
    Oh right, I'm on 1.7.8. Cheers man I'll do that asap.

Yeah you've gotta go all the way back to 1.7.5!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

So after everyone at the beers telling me I should try Feed the Beast, how do you Feed the Beast? Can someone point me at an "absolute idiot's guide to how to make can has Feed Beast" please?

:) Download the launcher exe here: http://www.feed-the-beast.com/
    Once you have that installed the launcher will open, on the top left of the list of mods will be Monster 1.1.0, select it and click launch (it will download all the files needed).

Once it finishes downloading, close the client, and in the launcher click edit (top right). Choose a map from the list on the right (Most of us use Zans), and move it into the list on the left.

In the launcher go to options and give her a bit more ram, and also untick the box that says "show console" (it's a bit of a lag fest if you don't).

Then just relaunch monster and join 188.165.244.23:25566 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

And what is it? Map design?

Whert?

And what is it? Map design?

It's a mod-pack that adds a number of items, recipes and world biomes to the normal Minecraft game.

Juju, I don't suppose you know why I can't connect to the legacy server? I'm going to the address Rachel gave me (188.165.244.23:25568). Do I need to be white-listed?

• Advertisement

If you have a look at the OP, you'll see that the legacy server isn't up at the minute. It isn't up all of the time, just occasionally. I'll let you know whenever it is up though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement