Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Survival and FTB

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Lads you need to put torches, redstone, slabs or stairs on your roofs and anywhere near your house. Or creepers will ruin your creations. They don't spawn on flowers either, so surrounding your houses with them is a pretty and effective solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Pompous

I covered my temple in slabs and stairs. Stairs work too, right?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Pompous wrote: »
    I covered my temple in slabs and stairs. Stairs work too, right?

Yeap sure do! :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Lads you need to put torches, redstone, slabs or stairs on your roofs and anywhere near your house. Or creepers will ruin your creations. They don't spawn on flowers either, so surrounding your houses with them is a pretty and effective solution.

Not quite true - collision-less blocks will not impede mob spawning if the block they are sitting on is a valid spawn location. Grass and flowers will not stop mobs from spawning on the dirt/grass blocks beneath them.

Also, because they provide a smooth solid surface at a standard height note that upside-down stairs and slabs - including double slabs with the upside-down slab on top - are a valid spawn location. If you have some exposed on top you'll need to light them up. Regular right-side-up steps and slabs will block spawns, as part or all of their physical block collision is at a half-height.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

FTB server down for anyone else? :confused:

EDIT - Yes it was. Back up now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,970 ✭✭✭✭bnt

The Survival map has been expanded again: double the radius means quadruple the area. Huge Jungle biome found way out to the north-east, around 6000, -7000. A Serious Schlep. :cool:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Rachel_Ann

Hazah! Cats for one and all!

So I spawned a wither with the intention of suffocating it. I failed. No idea why.

There is now a wither at the nether spawn. It's at the bedrock (max height). Hopefully it doesn't break free. Until it does, don't be alarmed by the health bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭welchy

Withers: 2
    Crafters: 0

:o

Haha Welchy. We could team up. I'll help you kill yours and you help me kill mine?

I'll need a day or two to brew some pots and enchant armour. I think I could do it but having someone there just to throw pots at me would be a big help. I've loads of ghast tears so I could do the same for you first and I'll provide the pots of course. What you think?

• Advertisement

Sounds good, I'll need a day or two to prepare as well. Enchanted golden apples must be sought

welchy wrote: »
    Sounds good, I'll need a day or two to prepare as well. Enchanted golden apples must be sought

If you end up waiting til next week, I'm in too. If not, feel free to take some of my gold if you want

Sound!

I'll gladly wait til next week if it means we will be three. I'll probably need that long to get the perfect armour & smite V sword anyway.

Next week sounds good

Get on Teamspeak for it too! Should be fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Is team speak worth getting? Quality wise and ease of use

Is team speak worth getting? Quality wise and ease of use

Yeah I'm very impressed with it, it's a tiny file and no trouble to use. Big help to have a decent headset/mic though.

Yeah I'll definitely be using teamspeak, we'll need it to communicate while we kill the beast. Or just to hear to each other scream in panic... :D
    Big help to have a decent headset/mic though.

It's also a big help when your PC fans aren't louder than you are :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭jujumushu

Are you guys honestly telling me, that you spawned a wither, while not prepared for it, failed to kill it, and didn't alert an admin?

You do realise that you just compromised the work of everyone on the server? Nobody received a pm or skype message or a visit on teamspeak to tell us about your loose withers.

GG guys...

They're not loose.

Mine is at bedrock under our house anyway, been keeping an eye on it

• Advertisement

Mine is at bedrock in the nether. If it breaks loose I'll let you know.

If the chunk is loaded, and you are not online, and either one of you guys get someone else killed...

You have my permission to kill my one yourself if you like. It's at 0, -31 in the nether at max height.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

All this wither talk is...
    ugh, I'm.. having...
    a...
    flashback...
    oh NO!!!!

1doD7Xd.png

*Dies laughing*

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Rachel_Ann

"Rachel log on NOW, your house at spawn has just been blown up by the wither!"

"Um, what..... OH JESUS CHRIST! WHO DID THIS?!"

That ****ing wither -_-

Serious lag on the vanilla server for the last few days.

Thanks for the restart whoever did it, problem solved.

Next person to spawn and wither and not kill it is getting a 48 hour ban. If you can't kill it, don't spawn it. If something goes wrong, message me on skype immediately. Do NOT spawn them near other people's bases.

• Advertisement

My little fireworks store at spawn village is now open for business! Come one, come all!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement