Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Survival and FTB

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

I can get started on making a starting point and I will probably create a Nether portal with a link in the nether to the spawn nether so it's quicker. That could be the transportation sorted to the island really.

Beds are down to players. They should craft it in the challenge, not take it over with them?

I had a look at the island today, it looks really good, plenty of space, far away from nearest developments and animals spawn there so food is good!

I was wondering, since this is a Hunger Games challenge, should we be allow to grief? Just for the challenge and on the island only

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    I can get started on making a starting point and I will probably create a Nether portal with a link in the nether to the spawn nether so it's quicker. That could be the transportation sorted to the island really.

Beds are down to players. They should craft it in the challenge, not take it over with them?

I had a look at the island today, it looks really good, plenty of space, far away from nearest developments and animals spawn there so food is good!

I was wondering, since this is a Hunger Games challenge, should we be allow to grief? Just for the challenge and on the island only

Regarding beds, I definitely think there should a safe spawn building with beds. So when somebody gets killed, they can get back in the game relatively quickly if they want to. Outside the spawn building, yeah everybody should have to make their own beds.

What kind of griefing do you mean? I think robbing and breaking things is definitely fair game, and you shouldn't be logging off when somebody can see you anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

I'd be interested in a UHC game or coordinating with others on a UHC server some time if people are up for it.
    For the uninitiated Ultra Hardcore has no natural health regen. Only way to get back health is golden apples or potions. And a single solitary life. You die, you're out, until map reset. Hunger games just seems like easy mode.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Yeah UHC would be cool, although the uninitiated might be really in the deep end...and do you know where we could get a server for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭welchy

Well that's 3...Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Sounds like a bit of craic. +1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,172 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Im trying to connect to the server but keep getting this message
    AN EXISTING CONNECTION WAS FORCIBLY CLOSED BY THE REMOTE HOST

Anyone know a fix for this? Its been ages since I've played but I still should be on the whitelist. Im playing on windows 8.1. I suspect it may be some issue with Java.

Fireworks display at spawn at 6.30 pm this evening :D

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Rachel_Ann

Curses! Witches poisoned my horse whilst riding through the forest in search of wolves. You were a mighty steed Beefy, I won't forget you.

Can I've another horse Dinty? :D

On my way through nether spawn, I decided to tidy up the area a tiny bit. Basically just get rid of the unnecessary hair-pin I had to make. A ghast decided to help, kindly knocked out the two bits of netherrack on the floor that was otherwise completely stone. Unfortunately, I was standing on the netherack, and down I go to the lava.

Lost full diamond armour, sharpness 4 sword, my best bow, my two best axes, my arrows, the stacks of clay I'd just harvested..

That'll teach me for playing when I should be studying :(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

This summarises every trip to the Nether I have ever had.

Fup the Nether right in it's ear.

• Advertisement

I usually never ever bring my good stuff in! But hey, it's so safe now, there's cobble everywhere says I. What could possibli go wrong!

What version of minecraft is the server using?

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Pompous

Learn to Potion of Fire Resistance lads. Drink one and the nether becomes safer than the overworld.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Or just leave one sitting on your hotbar whenever you go mining or nether-ing, just in case...

Theres a big chest full of them beside the nether portal, can we just use those? Also, how come I can't lock stuff? Last time I played on this server everybody locked everything.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Lockette hasn't been released yet for the latest flavours of Minecraft. They rewrote a lot of the backend so the Bukkit guys had to totally rewrite their stuff and then the mod makers will need to rewrite to make it all work together. It is an unmerciful pain in the ring, but what can you do? If stuff gets stolen report it here and the mods can investigate it.

I like not having lockette, it's fun to nosey in chests. There is no need for it anyway, the server population is small enough for there to be a sense of community and in a real community, nobody steals.

Yes those potions beside the portal are free to take. I put them there last week to try to stop people from swimming in lava without the proper protection. Help yourself.

Pompous wrote: »
    There is no need for it anyway, the server population is small enough for there to be a sense of community and in a real community, nobody steals.

Yes... nobody steals...

>.>
    <.<

I'm sure I'll eat them words some day. Until then, ignorance is bliss.

• Advertisement

Here, any mooshrooms on the map?

Rachel_Ann wrote: »
    Here, any mooshrooms on the map?

Yep, out where Welchy and co live.

Give me a shout if you're gonna bring one to spawn. I'll make the trek with you so we can bring two back and breed them.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭mindstorms

Hi all - I recently started playing on the server (as crafty0204) and have a few questions

1 - Is there a level 1/level 30 enchanting area I can use?
    2 - Is there a known nether fortress location where I can grab some blaze rods - need to make some eye's of ender, and maybe some fire resist potions
    (although I read earlier there were some near the nether portal in a chest we can use? Is that near spawn?)
    3 - Have the three strongholds been found - and looted?
    4 - I found a dungeon near where my current temporary base is - should I remove the mob spawner? I remember seeing a rule on the server about no mob farming I think.

thanks already to Pompus who answered some of my questions in-game.

Don't remove the mob spawner! Just light it up and keep it in case you need the mobs. Going in and killing them yourself is fine, but droppers or grinders aren't afaik.

Plenty of places to kill blazes, I'll show you next time we're both online, or someone else might.

You can use my enchant table if you want, just follow the wooden path north out of spawn, until you get to a giant stone wall. Go thru the arch and go in the white building on the right.

mindstorms wrote: »
    Hi all - I recently started playing on the server (as crafty0204) and have a few questions

1 - Is there a level 1/level 30 enchanting area I can use?
    2 - Is there a known nether fortress location where I can grab some blaze rods - need to make some eye's of ender, and maybe some fire resist potions
    (although I read earlier there were some near the nether portal in a chest we can use? Is that near spawn?)

310283.png

I'll put some signs up in the nether so you can find the entrance to the tunnel that brings you to the nether fortress. You can take a right when in the tunnel to go to the fortress over lava instead, but that one spawns a looot of wither skeletons.

Map

Pompus you're so cute with your map! ^_^

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭mindstorms

Pompous wrote: »

I'll put some signs up in the nether so you can find the entrance to the tunnel that brings you to the nether fortress. You can take a right when in the tunnel to go to the fortress over lava instead, but that one spawns a looot of wither skeletons.

Thanks for the detailed map and signs. I managed to grab a few blaze rods and make it out of the nether alive. I did die about 100 blocks from home to a damn witch, but luckily I was able to run back and grab everything.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭jujumushu

Bananasaurus_Rex banned for thieving, if you'd like to explain yourself, send me a pm.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement