Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Survival and FTB

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Pompous

My preparations are complete!

Protection 4 armour
    Power 5 bow
    Smite 5 sword
    Apples & potions

I'm ready when you guys are. Shall we name a date & time?

307808.png

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I'm ready too, any weekday evening will be fine for me!

Cool, Welshy just got his Smite 4 sword and infinity bow so he's ready too.

Shall we say tomorrow, 9pm?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Pompous wrote: »
    Cool, Welshy just got his Smite 4 sword and infinity bow so he's ready too.

Shall we say tomorrow, 9pm?

10-4 rubber ducky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭jujumushu

Just pointing out, if you made a tunnel (1x2) about 80 blocks long, with a small chamber (about 3x3 or something) at one end, and just use a bow while running back and finish him off with a sword you will be able to kill him in no time and be a lot less likely to die/let him roam free...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭welchy

Thats what me and baldzor did. The initial explosion opened up a cave and the wither flew off into that and made a nice home for itself :o That one has met its maker tonight. RIP basement wither

Crafters = 1
    Wither = 1
    pompus = -1

The one I let loose is going to be dealt with. If you don't get your stuff back Welchy, you can have my infinity bow.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Not played Minecraft in an age. What are people playing these days? The vanilla or the FTB server ?

Ponster wrote: »
    Not played Minecraft in an age. What are people playing these days? The vanilla or the FTB server ?

Vanilla! Vanilla!

I have no idea how many people play FTB

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭welchy

Crafters = 1
    Wither = 1
    pompus = -1

The one I let loose is going to be dealt with. If you don't get your stuff back Welchy, you can have my infinity bow.

Not to worry, I plan on fishing a rake of bows later on

• Advertisement

welchy wrote: »
    Not to worry, I plan on fishing a rake of bows later on

I gave up looking for your stuff and went back to the overworld only to discover it was all in my inventory the whole time. You must have died beside me.

Your items are in your master bedroom, along with a little something extra :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Your items are in your master bedroom, along with a little something extra :)

307958.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

juju, I'm not whitelisted :mad::o

GavMcG

plox and thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    juju, I'm not whitelisted :mad::o

GavMcG

plox and thanks!

Please use the designated whitelist thread :P

Please use the designated whitelist thread :P

I saw that coming -_-

Lol. Added

Lucky no one was around to see my absolute fail of a return to the game. Let's just say that zombies are bullies when they're in groups. Decked out in gold armour and ****? Need to make an item frame to show off my beaten up gold chest-plate that I got as a reward for killing one of them... as I cowardly curled up in a ditch and hacked away at their shins. :P:D

And so it begins! ... again :cool:

sS37PoB.png

Just wondering hypothetically, who would be interested in participating in a hunger games/deathmatch type of game on the Survival server? Like lets say 8 of us go off to some big island for 4/5 days, everybody starts from scratch with no weapons or armour, whoever is last crafter standing or has the most kills wins?

We can discuss and change the rules beforehand as per whatever will get more people interested?

The island at 6000,3000 looks perfect for it...Good size, and a natural area for people to have to congregate/fight where the trees are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

I'd certainly would be up for it!

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    I'd certainly would be up for it!

Great! Going to throw out some other rule ideas. It'll all be done by honour system obviously

No using the dynamap

If you want to sleep, you have to negotiate it with whoever else is online

If you take down a tree, you must replant one sapling

You cannot quit if you can see a another hunger games player, or else you automatically forfeit a kill to them

Edit: Actually forget that location, animals don't spawn in mesas. The islands at -1000, 3000 looks good too though.

Great! Going to throw out some other rule ideas. It'll all be done by honour system obviously

No using the dynamap

If you want to sleep, you have to negotiate it with whoever else is online

If you take down a tree, you must replant one sapling

You cannot quit if you can see a another hunger games player, or else you automatically forfeit a kill to them

Edit: Actually forget that location, animals don't spawn in mesas. The islands at -1000, 3000 looks good too though.

You should make sure there's a large amount of land available for natural stuff to generate like caves, trees/forest, beach. Basically has everything combined into one island? No access to MC at the moment but I'll check that location tomorrow.

Perhap we should set the starting line up like in HG where each person is given a podium and must swim to the shore at their pace?

Nether portals are forbidden as it will allow players to access items that could enchant their weapons better.

Farms is not allowed, even for food. Food must be gathered in the wild like a hunter.

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    You should make sure there's a large amount of land available for natural stuff to generate like caves, trees/forest, beach. Basically has everything combined into one island? No access to MC at the moment but I'll check that location tomorrow.

Perhap we should set the starting line up like in HG where each person is given a podium and must swim to the shore at their pace?

Nether portals are forbidden as it will allow players to access items that could enchant their weapons better.

Farms is not allowed, even for food. Food must be gathered in the wild like a hunter.

Agree with all of that, I think those islands at -1000,3000 will be just the right size so that it's big enough for everything we need but also you'll need to watch yourself when you're online. Depends on how many people are interested too I guess!

Agree with all of that, I think those islands at -1000,3000 will be just the right size so that it's big enough for everything we need but also you'll need to watch yourself when you're online. Depends on how many people are interested too I guess!

If we can get 5 players to start off, we can go ahead I'd say. Although this would be subject to the mod's approval!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

I'd be happy to give this a shot too

Well that's 3...Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

WHen were you thinking of doing it?

Botulism wrote: »
    WHen were you thinking of doing it?

Whenever suits everyone! Like maybe Monday-Thursday next week? Nothing this week suits tbh

• Advertisement

I don't see any problem with this, as long as it doesn't interfere with the other people playing on the server. Just make sure to have enough beds for people to set their spawn there (safe house or something) before you start so they don't have the trek the whole way back ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement