Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone X - €20 Prepay Offers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Free 2nd month if switching & topping up before 31st July, doesn't say if this is for porting only or for existing customers too.
    Switch to Vodafone X today and get one month free

Switch online today and your new SIM card will be delivered to you in the next few days. Pick your favourite Vodafone X plan by free-texting MUSIC, WEEKEND or SPORT to 50222, and top up by €20 in one go before 31st July 2018. We'll text you a one month top up voucher next month… for free!

Other terms to consider...
    3. Offer is available until the 30 September 2018
    Assume that means available to opt in to rather than it ending.

And this old chestnut...
    15. The 20GB data allowance can be used to access the internet via the below Access Point Networks only: wap.vodafone.ie & live.vodafone.com. Tethering over the HS APN or any other use of the HS APN will incur OOB charges.
    If you only ever top up by 20, then you're balance will be zero and you can't be charged but tethering might not work (as discussed in the last few posts).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Ten Pin wrote: »
    There's some more here...
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/nexus-6/general/how-to-unlock-tethering-android-4-4-to-t3227206
    ...explaining steps that may resolve the tethering issue. It's straightforward but you'd need to know what you're doing.

I think has changed in 8.1 and is now carrier locked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

Could you put the SIM card from your phone into a compatible router and use the unlimited data at the weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

physioman wrote: »
    Could you put the SIM card from your phone into a compatible router and use the unlimited data at the weekend?

Depends on what APN is used. "live.vodafone.com" should be OK but "hs.vodafone.ie" will not work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 copperkelly

I signed up for this a few weeks ago through the My Vodafone app, no need for ID (I'm 29) I was already on a standard prepay option and simply changed over to vodafone X ( the one with free spotify) by texting MUSIC to 50222. No verification process or anything. It does use all the €20 top up straight away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭corks finest

I signed up for this a few weeks ago through the My Vodafone app, no need for ID (I'm 29) I was already on a standard prepay option and simply changed over to vodafone X ( the one with free spotify) by texting MUSIC to 50222. No verification process or anything. It does use all the €20 top up straight away.
    Same,but opted for the free data / calls weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 8,776 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

It’s not a student exclusive deal anymore so it’s open to anyone even if you’re on Vodafone already so no ID would be needed

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭peaceboi

Same,but opted for the free data / calls weekend

Hi...how did you choose free data and weekend calls? Is it different text message to a different no.? Thanks

peaceboi wrote: »
    Hi...how did you choose free data and weekend calls? Is it different text message to a different no.? Thanks

It’s all on the Vodafone website

https://n.vodafone.ie/shop/pay-as-you-go-plans/vodafone-x/how-to-get-vodafone-x-weekend.html

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭corks finest

Get options brochure from VF shop( carrigaline in my case)

• Advertisement

Just signed up for Spotify :) Thanks for sharing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,653 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Some questions on this, if someone could kindly answer:

If I got this offer for my spare phone, to use as hotspot, can I use that Spotify account on my original phone?

What happens to my Spotify account if I didn't top up for one month or topped up late?

Lastly, is there a way to set up direct debit to pay, or what's the most seamless way to top up?

You can use Spotify where ever you want
    If you top up late the deal will kick in again whenever you top up
    Top up using the app

• Registered Users Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭ooter

If you sign up to the sport or music options can you use the data, minutes and text allowances any time or just at weekends?

ooter wrote: »
    If you sign up to the sport or music options can you use the data, minutes and text allowances any time or just at weekends?

Anytime
    The weekend thing only comes into play if you select weekend unlimited plan

OmegaGene wrote: »
    You can use Spotify where ever you want
    If you top up late the deal will kick in again whenever you top up
    Top up using the app

Thanks a mill! I'm just wondering, if I pay late, does my Spotify revert to being the basic pack if I dont pay. Or what would happen to my downloaded songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Thanks a mill! I'm just wondering, if I pay late, does my Spotify revert to being the basic pack if I dont pay. Or what would happen to my downloaded songs.

Yep, your account reverts back to the basic account and all benefits associated with the premium account (i.e. downloaded songs, ability to skip songs, no-ads) are lost.

When you top-up again by 20euro after a break, you re-activate the plan. Vodafone send you a text with a link to log into Spotify and you can avail of all the benefits of spotify premium once more (i.e. downloaded songs, no-ads, etc.)

Essentially: If you top-up by 20 euro every 28 days, you don't keep having to log back into spotify - your premium plan continues as usual. If you break the cycle by a few days/weeks/months and then top up by 20 euro, you reactivate the plan Vodafone send you a text with a link to log into Spotify.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,589 ✭✭✭tossy

Just switched over from smart extra to this ,it's a no brainer. Spotify premium isn't activated yet as i have a pre existing premium account i had to cancel so waiting for vodafone to call me back on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,760 ✭✭✭DopeTech

tossy wrote: »
    Just switched over from smart extra to this ,it's a no brainer. Spotify premium isn't activated yet as i have a pre existing premium account i had to cancel so waiting for vodafone to call me back on that.

Why do you need to talk to them about Spotify? Just cancel the sub on your existing account and then sign back into it via offers.vodafone.com/ie (on mobile data,not WiFi)

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Why do you need to talk to them about Spotify? Just cancel the sub on your existing account and then sign back into it via offers.vodafone.com/ie (on mobile data,not WiFi)

Because i did that and it's still not working. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭bluedoor27

Sir Dosser wrote: »

That happened me so you just have to wait for your current subscription to end and then on that day sign up to it and it will work

• Registered Users Posts: 14 CianFarrell

You can setup and auto top up feature on vodafone.ie as well and set it to top up every 28 days by €20 so you never come out of the plan.

You can setup and auto top up feature on vodafone.ie as well and set it to top up every 28 days by €20 so you never come out of the plan.

Can you do this on the app ? Very handy feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 CianFarrell

Havent seen it on the app at first glance - its on the site once you login under Top Up "Scheduled Top Ups"

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

tossy wrote:
    Can you do this on the app ? Very handy feature.

Yup

I'm currently on spotify premium, on my iphone, paying 10 euro a month, not on this deal. Lots of songs downloaded etc. I've just bought a new sim today and it's on another phone, android phone. I've got the spotify link on my android phone. How should I proceed to cancel the premium on my iphone and then use the vodafone deal on it and keep all my songs? anyone else have a similiar setup?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭funnyname

Yup

Tried to do this but no joy, got into subscribing to red entertainment add ons but normal add ons, could only just buy them for the current period.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

funnyname wrote: »
    Tried to do this but no joy, got into subscribing to red entertainment add ons but normal add ons, could only just buy them for the current period.

It's in top-up, then its automatic top up.

I signed up on the 20th of November. I topped up online by €20 today online (quick to-up option) but no confirmation text on my phone. Any reason for that? Perhaps the 28 days are up tomorrow?

EDIT: Checked my vodafone account online and says I'm in the bundle until 15th January which means I'm all good. Strange that I never received a confirmation text. Maybe it'll come later. Also, is there a message to say that my 29 days are nearly up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

You get a message 3 days before your bundle expires.

Advertisement