Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone X - €20 Prepay Offers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

I'm sure this has been answered before, but for the Weekend X offer, is there unlimited data on the weekends while EU roaming too? And if so, is the start and end of the weekend defined by the Irish time or the EU country you're in?

Thanks!

I can confirm that the weekend data is unlimited while roaming (Spain). Not sure what time applies as I never checked, but I'd guess it's Irish time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

I can't find link to the spotify offer I had it before and I'd like to avail again, anyone have a link please?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

IrishHomer wrote: »
    I can't find link to the spotify offer I had it before and I'd like to avail again, anyone have a link please?

Offers.vodafone.com/ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Offers.vodafone.com/ie

Do we need to manually buy this addon every month after topping up by €20 (probably €25) or can it be automatic?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,674 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Snotty wrote: »
    Do we need to manually buy this addon every month after topping up by €20 (probably €25) or can it be automatic?

it's automatic once you're opted in to the offer:

Once your inclusive subscription has expired your service will continue automatically at €5 per month, deducted from your credit. If you don’t want to continue after your free period, you can opt-out from auto rollover any time, by clicking the below button.

Please note that in order to avail of the discounted €5 Spotify Premium add on, you will need to top up €20 per month to renew your Vodafone X Music plan, and have an additional €5 balance which will be deducted for the add on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

It's basically €25 for spotify now. So I bit the GoMo bullet, €9.99 and I can buy Spotify and it works out cheaper. Moving our two phones over. No issues with Vodafone but hard to argue with gomo value.

It's basically €25 for spotify now. So I bit the GoMo bullet, €9.99 and I can buy Spotify and it works out cheaper. Moving our two phones over. No issues with Vodafone but hard to argue with gomo value.

I’ve had meteor which is now go-mo rebranded and eir and they both sucked for signal in my surrounding area
    Spotify family is only €30 a year btw

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

GoMo is agreat deal, but there is no question Vodafone has a better network (it is the only one giving me flawless video streaming in Dublin City Center at peak time); and I suspect with that generous data allowance the data speeds on Eir will drop even more due to the increased network load.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Bob24 wrote: »
    GoMo is agreat deal, but there is no question Vodafone has a better network (it is the only one giving me flawless video streaming in Dublin City Center at peak time); and I suspect with that generous data allowance the data speeds on Eir will drop even more due to the increased network load.

I had a VF business mobile for 12 years and it was then switched 8 yrs ago to Eir. I work Nationwide including Dublin and I've never noticed any difference between the two networks.

• Advertisement

IrishHomer wrote: »
    I had a VF business mobile for 12 years and it was then switched 8 yrs ago to Eir. I work Nationwide including Dublin and I've never noticed any difference between the two networks.

I work in Dublin City Center and for my own reasons I’m currently getting my data service through a foreign eSIM which lets me roam freely on any Irish network I like, so I can easily compare the 3 of them doing the exact same thing with the exact same phone at the exact same location and within a few seconds ... Pretty consistently Three is clearly the worst, Eir is in the middle and Vodafone clearly the best. Not saying Eir is crap, but the network is clearly under heavier load and unable to handle the most demanding applications at the most busy times and locations (whereas Vodafone does cope).

Of course it might not affect you depending on what you do with the phone, and it doesn’t mean that there aren’t specific circumstances whereby Vodafone doesn’t win, but that is the very clear trend I am observing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

I just signed up to eir broadband not long ago and they have a simailr offer, €10 mobile bundle, all calls, texts and data, but I stayed with Vodafone, based on 2 areas where I would be most often needing data but not having WiFi, both areas have full signal with Vodafone and no Internet on eir. My wife's on eir business so can easily compare.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

To celebrate the bank holiday weekend, Vodafone #FantasticFreebies have given you 20GB free data & € 10 free credit to use for the next 28 days, all to say thanks for being with Vodafone. T&Cs Vodafone.ie/terms Opt out call 1800200234

Just got this text there. Not bad

Same here.

To celebrate the bank holiday weekend, Vodafone #FantasticFreebies have given you 20GB free data & € 10 free credit to use for the next 28 days, all to say thanks for being with Vodafone. T&Cs Vodafone.ie/terms Opt out call 1800200234

Just got this text there. Not bad

Probably down to them seeing so many moving to GoMo.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,398 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I wonder is it a ploy to get ppl to stay until 100k is reached?

I didn’t get any text
    Feckers

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

OmegaGene wrote: »
    I didn’t get any text
    Feckers

Nor me. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,772 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Probably down to them seeing so many moving to GoMo.

My wife is with vf years and she says this is a regular occurance on bank holidays with the extra data etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

I received this earlier. Moving to GoMo at the start of next month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

I got a text saying my free premium spotify offer was over. I paid the add on out of my credit but attached the wrong spotify account. Any idea how to transfer the Premium membership to the correct Spotify a/c?

I got a text saying my free premium spotify offer was over. I paid the add on out of my credit but attached the wrong spotify account. Any idea how to transfer the Premium membership to the correct Spotify a/c?

Cancel Spotify premium sub at offers.vodafone.com/ie, wait for it to lapse, then subscribe again.

Cancel Spotify premium sub at offers.vodafone.com/ie, wait for it to lapse, then subscribe again.

If I cancel now will it lapse straightaway or do I have to wait a month? Thanks!

If I cancel now will it lapse straightaway or do I have to wait a month? Thanks!

Wait

Wait
    ok thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

I just topped up there. So basically €25 a month for same deal. Think I’ll see what the general reaction of Gomo is before changing. 25 a month is still half decent for data for a month and Spotify.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭corks finest

Fann Linn wrote:
    My wife is with vf years and she says this is a regular occurance on bank holidays with the extra data etc.

Correct

I just topped up there. So basically €25 a month for same deal. Think I’ll see what the general reaction of Gomo is before changing. 25 a month is still half decent for data for a month and Spotify.

spotify family works out at €30 a year which is cheaper than €5 x 12

• Registered Users Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭corks finest

OmegaGene wrote:
    spotify family works out at €30 a year which is cheaper than €5 x 12

Yeo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,806 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just got a text about Vodafone free Flights. Anyone know how this works? Seems strange to get free flights like this

Advertisement