Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone X - €20 Prepay Offers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Is there a number you can text to monitor data usage?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Is there a number you can text to monitor data usage?

BAL to 50233 will get ya your details

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

And you might know it alread but the Vodafone app is fairly convenient to check the status of your allowances as well as when your 28 days period will expire.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭spongbob

Where I live, in county Longford. I cannot wait for my partner to ditch Vodafone. My 2children have already ditched and moved to meteor.

We have to leave the house before been able to make a phone call, we missed loads of calls.

Several phones, all Samsung, a modern bungalow house. And not surrounded my trees or anything.

Now I have excellent coverage with meteor, unlimited any network calls, unlimited any network texts, 15gb of Internet. And free facebook and videos whilest using it via Facebook.

All for 20euro a month. My children have unlimited calls for just 10euro per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Anyone else get a message like this:
    After analysing your Roaming usage from the past 3 months, we can see that you didn't always get the full value of our Red Roaming offer when you were abroad and so we have applied a credit refund of € 2.62 to your account. To check your balance freetext BAL to 50233 or go to your My Vodafone app. To find out more about RED Roaming, visit www.vodafone.ie/redroaming T&Cs vodafone.ie/terms Opt out call 1800200234

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

Is anyone tethering on this deal?

Any issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Any issues?

I have a handful of times. No problems. I'm on an Android phone, think the iPhones have APNs locked down though so you would run into problems there if you have an iPhone

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Any issues?

Worked grand for me 2 months ago

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

Senna wrote: »
    Anyone else get a message like this:

Yes, I got this about a month ago. I think it mostly affected those who traveled over the border for brief periods or live near the border. The red roaming offer charged 2.99 per day for any texts or calls made prior to the new EU roaming thing - even if it was only 1 text.

I had copped that this wasn't a good deal for me some time back and opted out anyway, but they seem to have calculated the difference and repaid it. My phone used to 'wander' over the border and register on the UK network even when I wasn't actually out of ROI.

I was impressed to get a refund without asking for it though ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Any issues?

Currently tethering in France with this deal through an android phone. Works perfectly:)

I had bought a 4G hotspot to transmit wifi but for some reason I couldn't get it to work properly, probably locked down somehow..

Btw. I bought this for use for one month only for a family holiday in France, I unfortunately have a daughter who cannot last too long without internet.. Local access is expensive and I only get 5 gig a month on my own plan which isn't enough to keep her YouTube addiction fed :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭jayjbe

Any issues?

Currently tethered via android tablet. Works pefect.

Also, for anyone signing up instore. ID is not required if the 'student' is under 16.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

I can't text 51155 since changing over to this plan.

I'm assuming I need to pay for these?

The parkbytext site claims it's standard network rate and not premium

I can't text 51155 since changing over to this plan.

I'm assuming I need to pay for these?

The parkbytext site claims it's standard network rate and not premium

Yes you need to pay, 083-089 numbers only included

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Westeros

Just to clarify, with these new roaming offers, on this Vodafone plan I can just travel without having to opt in to anything and avail of free roaming charges?
    Have any of you had any experience with roaming on this plan? How is the data usage?

Westeros wrote: »
    Just to clarify, with these new roaming offers, on this Vodafone plan I can just travel without having to opt in to anything and avail of free roaming charges?
    Have any of you had any experience with roaming on this plan? How is the data usage?

I'm on the Vodafone x music plan. You can use your full allowance while in the eu. As far as I can see they are the only network allowing this. Here's the text I got from them a while back.
    Travelling to Europe? From 15 June 2017 you can use your full allowance of calls, texts and data while roaming in Europe at no extra cost. So, you can touch base with home, discover things to do, and share those experiences without any worries. For more information as well as to see the European countries in which you can roam at no extra cost simply visit www.vodafone.ie/roaming Opt out call 1800200234

Westeros wrote: »

In the EU and Switzerland, yes you can use the phone as if you where in Ireland.

Only one difference I know of: billing for calls to non-Irish EU numbers will not be the same. But nothing to worry about as the difference is at your advantage.

Bob24 wrote: »
    In the EU and Switzerland, yes you can use the phone as if you where in Ireland.

Only one difference I know of: billing for calls to non-Irish EU numbers will not be the same. But nothing to worry about as the difference is at your advantage.

Possible silly question but do we still have to make sure we stay on vodafones roaming partner networks to get the same deal as home or can we have network selection set to auto?

Sir Dosser wrote: »

Possible silly question but do we still have to make sure we stay on vodafones roaming partner networks to get the same deal as home or can we have network selection set to auto?

You can use any network, so yes you can leave the phone on auto.

Just be careful for the phone not to connect to a non-EU network if you are close to an external border of the EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭noisenotmusic

Anyone know what's happening with the Sky Sports deal with this? They updated the app to change to specific channels so the subscription doesn't work anymore. The plan in the package for 1 & 2 is useless as they don't exist anymore.

Actually just figured it out, you need to re add the subscription on your Vodafone offers page. I now have access to Sky Sports Premier League, Sky Sports Action, Sky Sports Arena, Sky Sports News & Sky News. Which is exactly what I want out of sky.

• Advertisement

Actually just figured it out, you need to re add the subscription on your Vodafone offers page. I now have access to Sky Sports Premier League, Sky Sports Action, Sky Sports Arena, Sky Sports News & Sky News. Which is exactly what I want out of sky.

Is there any way of watching these on a TV or do they block casting?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,991 ✭✭✭Barr

I have a handful of times. No problems. I'm on an Android phone, think the iPhones have APNs locked down though so you would run into problems there if you have an iPhone

I have never been able to tether for some reason (on Android). Maybe it is something to do with the plan. I am on the unlimited weekends option.

I tried tethering on my iPhone once. It worked without having to change any settings and I double-checked there was no extra charge.

I don't do it regularly though so it might have changed.

Is there any way of watching these on a TV or do they block casting?

They block casting. The sub is only €7 a month for those channels so if it were possible to cast it to a screen everyone would just use that.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭vicM

They block casting. The sub is only €7 a month for those channels so if it were possible to cast it to a screen everyone would just use that.

If you have an android with version 5.1 or higher, it allows casting your screen, so yes you can. Note however that you will not be able to use your phone for anything else while casting

vicM wrote: »
    If you have an android with version 5.1 or higher, it allows casting your screen, so yes you can. Note however that you will not be able to use your phone for anything else while casting

No, Sky Sports Mobile will block any attempts to do this. It also refuses to work if you have a rooted phone. It's the same with Sky Go.

No, Sky Sports Mobile will block any attempts to do this. It also refuses to work if you have a rooted phone. It's the same with Sky Go.

Yes you can. Have been doing it for a while now..I'll put up a video when I get onto a pc..you are mirroring the screen rather than casting from the app

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Barr wrote: »
    I have never been able to tether for some reason (on Android). Maybe it is something to do with the plan. I am on the unlimited weekends option.

The Smart Ultra 6 has the HS APN locked, it can't be edited or deleted. Tethering uses this APN and is very expensive. Other devices might also use this APN, but will allow deletion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Yes you can. Have been doing it for a while now..I'll put up a video when I get onto a pc..you are mirroring the screen rather than casting from the app

Is there much lag with this approach? Does the picture and sound work well?

• Advertisement

https://youtu.be/YKNBGeqhZDk

apologies for the shaky video
    cronos wrote: »
    Is there much lag with this approach? Does the picture and sound work well?

no lag whatsoever for me and use it for a car setup occassionally

Advertisement