Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone X - €20 Prepay Offers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

vicM wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/YKNBGeqhZDk

no lag whatsoever for me and use it for a car setup occassionally

That's just a normal screen-share via the chromecast app is it on your android phone? Nothing more involved than that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Bob24 wrote: »
    I tried tethering on my iPhone once. It worked without having to change any settings and I double-checked there was no extra charge.

I don't do it regularly though so it might have changed.

I also used to be able to, but it doesn't seem to work for me anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭vicM

cronos wrote: »
    That's just a normal screen-share via the chromecast app is it on your android phone? Nothing more involved than that?

Yes it is screen mirroring and the sound goes to the telly as well

Straight forward really, nothing more involved

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

I also used to be able to, but it doesn't seem to work for me anymore.

Argh that's bad news although it won't bother me much as I never actually came across a situation whereby I needed the feather since subscribing to Vodafone X.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

A bit confused - is anyone currently able to tether on this Vodafone X plan with an Android phone? I am especially interested in doing so on holiday in Spain, but even at home would be good to know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

RoYoBo wrote: »
    A bit confused - is anyone currently able to tether on this Vodafone X plan with an Android phone? I am especially interested in doing so on holiday in Spain, but even at home would be good to know.

Only if you can delete the HS APN (hs.vodafone.ie).

Settings > Mobile networks > Access point names

I have Vodafone Live as an option on my MotoG5, so hopefully that will work. Waiting to sign up for this with a new Vodafone sim.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

I have Vodafone Live as an option on my MotoG5, so hopefully that will work. Waiting to sign up for this with a new Vodafone sim.

Yeah, that's the one you want.

It seems you actually have to delete the HS APN, as you already said Kenny, not just use the Live one. I thought I was ok just making sure the Live one only was ticked, but it's eaten all my other credit now despite that. Fingers crossed it works now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

It seems you actually have to delete the HS APN, as you already said Kenny, not just use the Live one. I thought I was ok just making sure the Live one only was ticked, but it's eaten all my other credit now despite that. Fingers crossed it works now.

Correct, the phone will try and use the hs apn for tethering if it is available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Just back from France and had one of these Sims in an android phone. We tethered 18gb without any changes or issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭jkbah

Just tried to get this deal with a new Sim for the holidays and told that I need to be an existing customer and have to go to a Vodafone store with id. Set up new Facebook and email etc. Any way around this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭bromley52

jkbah wrote: »
    Just tried to get this deal with a new Sim for the holidays and told that I need to be an existing customer and have to go to a Vodafone store with id. Set up new Facebook and email etc. Any way around this?

Order your free SIM https://shop.vodafone.ie/shop/checkout/cart.jsp?_requestid=27522

Port your number when you have it and then use the facebook link in below to change to Vodafone X. Ensure your profile age is within range.

https://www.vodafone.ie/pay-as-you-go-plans/vodafone-x

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭jkbah

Thanks. I'm already on Vodafone though and have been for a number of years (too many to fulfill the age requirement).
    Bought new Sim and had Facebook profile and email set up with required age.
    Wouldn't let me proceed beyond getting text and downloading a voucher to bring to a shop. Went onto chat and they couldn't \wouldn't help
    bromley52 wrote: »
    Order your free SIM https://shop.vodafone.ie/shop/checkout/cart.jsp?_requestid=27522

Port your number when you have it and then use the facebook link in below to change to Vodafone X. Ensure your profile age is within range.

https://www.vodafone.ie/pay-as-you-go-plans/vodafone-x

Thanks. I'm already on Vodafone though and have been for a number of years (too many to fulfill the age requirement).
    Wouldn't let me proceed beyond getting text and downloading a voucher to bring to a shop. Went onto chat and they couldn't \wouldn't help

Sent you a PM - hope it helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

I got mine as a new number. Sent in my youngest brother with €20 and he came back with the Sim. Job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Soccarboy11

Went up to the shop today to port over. All done pretty quick. Not on the plan yet though, got the two months free offer for vodafone x! It had just come through roday and they had no idea what to do, then the code wouldn't work so they had to get onto customer care. Said I willhave my credit within 24 hours. we will see! :)

Went up to the shop today to port over. All done pretty quick. Not on the plan yet though, got the two months free offer for vodafone x! It had just come through roday and they had no idea what to do, then the code wouldn't work so they had to get onto customer care. Said I willhave my credit within 24 hours. we will see! :)

Is this a new offer and is it just for those who port over? Where did you see the details? I can't find it on the site. Very good deal with 2 free months.

Is this a new offer and is it just for those who port over? Where did you see the details? I can't find it on the site. Very good deal with 2 free months.

Yeah believe so. That's why they couldn't do it for me quickly in the shop, new offer haha.

I believe it might be for new customers onl if you go into the Vodafone X page, and choose the 'not on Vodafone? Click here!' it pops up with a link to download the voucher etc :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

I joined Vodafone and signed up with the x deal on an expired student card about 5 months ago! My Gf was having trouble on meteor so we went into a Vodafone store and chanced our arm seeing if she could change over and get onto the same deal as me (she isn't a student) and the lad behind the counter said yes no problem! About 2/3 hours later the port was completed, she topped up and it's been perfect since (about 2 weeks ago now)

Chance your arm in store of porting over, you may not need a student card. Not really strict.

• Advertisement

Yeah believe so. That's why they couldn't do it for me quickly in the shop, new offer haha.

I believe it might be for new customers onl if you go into the Vodafone X page, and choose the 'not on Vodafone? Click here!' it pops up with a link to download the voucher etc :)

I'm assuming you are a student and had the ID they require? ;) Or is just being the right age enough?

I can't help imagining a bunch of older folk hanging furtively around Vodafone shops waiting for young ones to use their ID for a purchase :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

It's like the complete opposite of the teens outside the off license wanting a few cans is it :D:D

rizzee wrote: »
    It's like the complete opposite of the teens outside the off license wanting a few cans is it :D:D

Exactly! That's what I'm picturing.

I'm assuming you are a student and had the ID they require? ;) Or is just being the right age enough?

I can't help imagining a bunch of older folk hanging furtively around Vodafone shops waiting for young ones to use their ID for a purchase :pac:

Haha! Yup I'm in the age bracket, was asked for some ID..didn't have to be student id though just once I was between the ages :) will I get my free credit , that's another thing to find out.

So got my free first month of credit, happy out! Turned on data for the first time but only seem to be getting H+ , can't get 4g.tried setting it to LTE only in that secret phone information code from dialer and signal died. In bishopstown in cork so should be getting 4g. (Although the H+ I am getting is the same speeds as the 4g on three sometimes!) I remeber reading somewhere on this thread how to get the 4g but can't find it

EDIT: Contacted support and they fixed it up for next 4g+ now with speeds of 60-70mbps. This is great!

Also about the whole tethering thing, just for some clarification I remove the HS apn, if I read the thread correctly? :)

Thanks guys :)

Also about the whole tethering thing, just for some clarification I remove the HS apn, if I read the thread correctly? :)

Thanks guys :)

Definitely delete the HS APN - it's not enough to just use the Live one. Despite only having it ticked, it ate all my credit (not that much, but it would have kept going). Do it now, as I only discovered it had taken my credit hours later, due to a payment lag time.

Glad you got sorted - I hope the high speeds you're getting aren't as a result of the phone defaulting mysteriously to HS!

Definitely delete the HS APN - it's not enough to just use the Live one. Despite only having it ticked, it ate all my credit (not that much, but it would have kept going). Do it now, as I only discovered it had taken my credit hours later, due to a payment lag time.

Glad you got sorted - I hope the high speeds you're getting aren't as a result of the phone defaulting mysteriously to HS!

Thanks! Deleted the HS app and still getting around 50mbps down, 2pm so more people using the network now too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

Figured I'd post this here since it might be helpful to some. I was roaming for two weeks on the Vodafone X (with unlimited weekends) plan on my 6S in three countries around Europe (NL, DE, PL) and used a total of 7.9GB — none of which was deducted from my data allowance.

When I got back to Ireland I still had some 18.5GB out of 20GB to use, so it seems as if Vodafone didn't deduct my data usage abroad from my home allowance which is odd, but I'm not complaining! And roaming + tethering worked fine as well ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,394 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Figured I'd post this here since it might be helpful to some. I was roaming for two weeks on the Vodafone X (with unlimited weekends) plan on my 6S in three countries around Europe (NL, DE, PL) and used a total of 7.9GB — none of which was deducted from my data allowance.

When I got back to Ireland I still had some 18.5GB out of 20GB to use, so it seems as if Vodafone didn't deduct my data usage abroad from my home allowance which is odd, but I'm not complaining! And roaming + tethering worked fine as well ;)

I had the same with Meteor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

Went into vodafone shop. Ported over to payg SIM from TM in 3 minutes. Set up Facebook and email account. Went to register for vodafone x. Told to download voucher and go into the shop. Tried again and same thing happened. That was 2 days ago. Went on vodafone chat this morning to see if they could sort it. Said I had to do it via Facebook or go into store. When I went to try Facebook route again it worked! Not sure why this time. So my advice is if you are asked to go into the store then try vodafone chat 1st

Advertisement