Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone X - €20 Prepay Offers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

_Kaiser_ wrote:
    - About €220 for the HDR-1100S with a 500GB HDD on Ebay

My son is a 19yr old student. I pay all his college fees lodging etc etc. He's not interested in the VF deal, surely I'm entitled to get it in his name? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

IrishHomer wrote: »
    My son is a 19yr old student. I pay all his college fees lodging etc etc. He's not interested in the VF deal, surely I'm entitled to get it in his name? :)

You sure could ask him to sign up for you. May just be easier to use the workaround though and have it in your name. I'm just thinking about when they port in your number from another network for your son it wouldn't be in his name so that may be an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

FrostyJim wrote: »
    You sure could ask him to sign up for you. May just be easier to use the workaround though and have it in your name. I'm just thinking about when they port in your number from another network for your son it wouldn't be in his name so that may be an issue.

That won't be an issue. Ported over with a different name without issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭clacks

Any idea what the European data roaming allowance will be on this plan after June 15th?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭shanec1928

clacks wrote: »
    Any idea what the European data roaming allowance will be on this plan after June 15th?
    Zero I'd say. As it's a "service"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

shanec1928 wrote: »
    Zero I'd say. As it's a "service"

The could limit free roaming to twice what 20 euros minus tax would buy at the wholesale data roaming rate though (7.7 euros per GB).

That would be roughly 4GB for each 28 days period if I am not mistaken.

Also I am not holding my breath but I'm curious to know whether they will include some non EU/EEA European countries (they legally don't have to, but are covering 32 countries with free roaming for their recently introduced postpaid plans).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Good news on the EU data roaming from Vodafone.

"From June 15, 2017, you can use your mobile plan in Europe just like you would at home for no extra cost."

http://www.vodafone.ie/roaming

Good news on the EU data roaming from Vodafone.

"From June 15, 2017, you can use your mobile plan in Europe just like you would at home for no extra cost."

http://www.vodafone.ie/roaming

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

Mr.S wrote: »
    Am I correct in saying that if I switch to Vodafone standard PAYG I can then join up to Vodafone X plan online with the link in the OP? Or do you need to go in store.

I'm not a student anymore but pass the age gate, but i'm currently not with Vodafone.

I got a SIM in store 2 weeks back came home and switched... The missus changed on Monday just gone... got the SIM online last Wednesday (delivered Friday) both with the link in the op with Facebook... (Neither students or under 25)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

Mr.S wrote: »
    Thanks!

Did they make you topup when you got a sim in store?

Nope got my credit elsewhere... Done the signup to Vodafone x first then topped up... All was done for me in 20 minutes..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 Bored.1e

clacks wrote: »

I was in Italy from April 11-18 on Vodafone X plan. I used my data all the time. I got a text message from Vodafone that I spent €30.89 on data roaming. But no money was taken from my credit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

Bored.1e wrote: »
    I was in Italy from April 11-18 on Vodafone X plan. I used my data all the time. I got a text message from Vodafone that I spent €30.89 on data roaming. But no money was taken from my credit.

Jusst got this text:
    Service Announcement: From 15 June 2017 you can use your full allowance of calls, texts and data while roaming in Europe at no extra cost. For more information as well as to see the European countries in which you can roam at no extra cost visit www.vodafone.ie/roaming

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭frostypants

Jusst got this text:
    Service Announcement: From 15 June 2017 you can use your full allowance of calls, texts and data while roaming in Europe at no extra cost. For more information as well as to see the European countries in which you can roam at no extra cost visit www.vodafone.ie/roaming

Just after getting this too. So looks like we can use all our data while abroad :D

Yeah I got that the other day. Great news.

Just after getting this too. So looks like we can use all our data while abroad :D

Yep me three, posted the official link above (twice! :D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 CaptainKern

Spotify is half price for students (5 euro) Keep that in mind when considering the value of the Music package.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Piker2017

Has anyone had any issues with this deal? Or issues signing up if youre not a student?

Piker2017 wrote: »
    Has anyone had any issues with this deal? Or issues signing up if youre not a student?

It has worked flawlessly for me (aside from an initial hiccup whereby my number was ported a day before I actually received the Vodafone simcard).

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Westeros

Has all ran smoothly for me so far anyways :)

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Daniel112

Only issue I've had so far is that after I topped up and the offer reactivated for month 2, my spoify premium didn't automatically and I had to relink vodafone with my spotify in order for it to be premium again. I topped up a day before my offer was to expire (got a text reminder) so it's not like there was a period between the offer expiring and me topping up.

All good anyway after I relinked them and got premium back!

• Advertisement

Daniel112 wrote: »
    Only issue I've had so far is that after I topped up and the offer reactivated for month 2, my spoify premium didn't automatically and I had to relink vodafone with my spotify in order for it to be premium again. I topped up a day before my offer was to expire (got a text reminder) so it's not like there was a period between the offer expiring and me topping up.

All good anyway after I relinked them and got premium back!
    You need to go to offers.vodafone.ie each month when your plan renews to activate the Spotify sub again.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Daniel112

You need to go to offers.vodafone.ie each month when your plan renews to activate the Spotify sub again.

Ah okay, that makes sense! I had done that to reactivate it this month but I didn't know that you had to do it each month. Thanks :)

In fairness that's not a great implementation.

My brother used to have a free Deezer subscription as part of his mobile plan with Orange in France, and after linking the account onces it would all happen automatically (i.e. the free Deezer subscription would remain without having to do anything manually every month as long as the Orange plan remained active).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Anyone here popped their sim card into a 4G wifi modem? Did it work?

Also if I sign up, will I have free roaming in Europe with this? I've read that Vodafone may not allow you to have all the data while roaming. Heading to France in a few weeks and would like to use the 20gb data allowance over there

Also if I sign up, will I have free roaming in Europe with this? I've read that Vodafone may not allow you to have all the data while roaming. Heading to France in a few weeks and would like to use the 20gb data allowance over there

They have confirmed very clearly that the whole data allowance will be useable at no extra charge from any EU/EEA country and Switzerland starting from the 15th of June. See: http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057738735

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭AS1890

Sorry for bringing this thread back up. Just need some advice. I'm with iD mobile at the minute. I do not qualify for Vodafone X. I spoke to Vodafone chat support they say I need to get the Vodafone SIM card first. Port over once done then sign up via Facebook or in store. But I am cautious about porting over if the sign up via Facebook won't work. Can someone advise?

If I sign up through Facebook first and I'm accepted do Vodafone send me a SIM card or what happens?

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭kilsmum

AS1890 wrote: »
    Sorry for bringing this thread back up. Just need some advice. I'm with iD mobile at the minute. I do not qualify for Vodafone X. I spoke to Vodafone chat support they say I need to get the Vodafone SIM card first. Port over once done then sign up via Facebook or in store. But I am cautious about porting over if the sign up via Facebook won't work. Can someone advise?

If I sign up through Facebook first and I'm accepted do Vodafone send me a SIM card or what happens?

Thanks in advance.

AS 1890 - my son moved from Lycamobile. For some reason he had his age profile as older on Facebook so they rejected his first request to move over to the deal. He changed the date to his correct age and it was accepted straight away. No delay, two minure job. The call quality is far superior and the 4g very fast. I think it's a great deal. I have 3 children on it and they love having plenty of data. Kilsmum

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭AS1890

kilsmum wrote: »
    AS 1890 - my son moved from Lycamobile. For some reason he had his age profile as older on Facebook so they rejected his first request to move over to the deal. He changed the date to his correct age and it was accepted straight away. No delay, two minure job. The call quality is far superior and the 4g very fast. I think it's a great deal. I have 3 children on it and they love having plenty of data. Kilsmum

Thanks for that. When the moved over how did they get their SIM card? Was one sent out to them or did they need to move their number over first and then activate the plan?

AS1890 wrote: »
    Thanks for that. When the moved over how did they get their SIM card? Was one sent out to them or did they need to move their number over first and then activate the plan?

Are the instructions on how to come from another network not in the OP?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭kilsmum

AS1890 wrote:

They moved first then activated the plan. My older two, college students did both steps in the Vodafone shop and a copy was taken of their student cards. My youngest was in school so l got the sim then he went to the shop with the sim they switched him over and we did the rest online through Facebook. Kilsmum

Advertisement