Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone X - €20 Prepay Offers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

jeffk wrote: »
    Sim arrived this morning, so I’m guessing ive to wait till sometime tomorrow as that’s what i put on porting page.

Strange you can’t do it manually, I’ll leave the Vodafone sim in old phone to keep an eye on it

You should get a text a few hours before it happens to give you a heads-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭goob20s

I was hoping switching to voda would give me better signal than three. I can't get LTE anymore since switching 2 weeks ago. Anyone know a fix?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

Bob24 wrote: »
    You should get a text a few hours before it happens to give you a heads-up.

Got onto live chat, it was rejected on the 10th, no email/text nothing. Said my account number from virgin was wrong, it isnt.

Sent ALL the information over a PM to a rep on here, so we will see

No text or anything happening, do I get onto customer care?

If you port time has already passed, maybe something went wrong.

I just double-checked my text history to make sure I was not giving wrong information. I got a text 4 hours before the number was actually ported saying: "As per your request, we will begin processing your port to Vodafone in 24 hours. We look forward to welcoming you to the Vodafone network". So the text came a bit late compared to the 24 hours timeline it gives, bit still before the port.

If you port time has already passed, maybe something went wrong.

I just double-checked my text history to make sure I was not giving wrong information. I got a text 4 hours before the number was actually ported saying: "As per your request, we will begin processing your port to Vodafone in 24 hours. We look forward to welcoming you to the Vodafone network". So the text came a bit late compared to the 24 hours timeline it gives, bit still before the port.

Thanks again, at least I know what to expect.

Wish I went in store, but then be suspicious when you say no thanks to signing up to a plan or putting credit on it

• Advertisement

Eventually got a number, called them, same about my virgin media account number is wrong. I copied and pasted it from a webpage, so it’s not wrong.

You must redo the port and wait for another sim to come, so likely two more days (no wait bank holiday, so be Tuesday). The usual robot reading a script when I said number is not wrong and why can’t it be done over phone

Eventually got a number, called them, same about my virgin media account number is wrong. I copied and pasted it from a webpage, so it’s not wrong.

You must redo the port and wait for another sim to come, so likely two more days (no wait bank holiday, so be Tuesday). The usual robot reading a script when I said number is not wrong and why can’t it be done over phone

Porting doesn't seem very seamless :-s

Beware that when I ported it was Saint Patrick's weekend, I ordered the SIM on the Wednesday early morning and it only shipped on the Monday which was my port day. So I was without service for a day. I hope not, but depending in whether good Friday is a holiday for them as well as Easter Monday, you might end up in a similar situation if you pick Tuesday as a porting date.

Porting doesn't seem very seamless :-s

Beware that when I ported it was Saint Patrick's weekend, I ordered the SIM on the Wednesday early morning and it only shipped on the Monday which was my port day. So I was without service for a day. I hope not, but depending in whether good Friday is a holiday for them as well as Easter Monday, you might end up in a similar situation if you pick Tuesday as a porting date.

Sure does not, the old order sim, do it online worked before and works now.

Dont know why they want you to be able to guess when an post will deliver a sim

Onto reps again, if not ill go for Wednesday as port day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭dalta5billion

goob20s wrote: »
    I was hoping switching to voda would give me better signal than three. I can't get LTE anymore since switching 2 weeks ago. Anyone know a fix?

This happened to me. First try toggling airplane mode on your device. If that doesn't work go on live chat with support. They'll "refresh your settings" and you'll get LTE after you toggle airplane mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

biebiebie wrote: »
    Tried tether again today.
    Be warned, this is most certainly charged!

(Yes I confirmed before during and after that my one and only apn was pointing to LIVE.vodafone.ie)

I've not been charged yet. Was using it every day this week for a few hours.

• Advertisement

Vodafone rep sorted it out

Ported this morning, quick google a live chat fixed no 4G and then issue singing up to spotify(need to be on data)

Thanks again to OP, always wanted to be on vodafone and spotify is the cherry(points :P) on top

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

Have to say the spotify on this deal is a nobrainer. Saving myself a tenner a month!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Have to say the spotify on this deal is a nobrainer. Saving myself a tenner a month!

It's proof that people will pay for music if they are not getting ripped off!

On tethering, I tried a few megs this morning with my iPhone out of curiosity and it seems like it was taken out of my allowance with no separate charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Went in to the store this morning with my nearly 40yr old face and my part-time student card, no problems at all.
    But they told me my port would be within an hour or maybe slightly over it, they called me at 5pm to say there is a system issue and I'll be ported tomorrow. I'm not going to hold my breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭ciara1052

Haven't had any luck with vodafones support over the past two days so i figure id see if anyone here knows a fix for this!

I was on a different Vodafone PAYG deal and decided to change over to the student X deal on Friday. I went in, signed up, and topped up by the 20e in store, got the text saying I was in the weekend X deal and the my Vodafone app confirms it (says I have the 20GB, free texts and 100mins)

My credit went to 0.00 (as expected) but I have no free texts and data isn't working at all (even though it should be free, but its not even taking data that's part of my 20gb. The guys on the online chat said to top up more to activate it again so I tried a 5e and no luck either. The 5e is credit is gone and still nothing.

Anyone have any ideas?

ciara1052 wrote: »
    Haven't had any luck with vodafones support over the past two days so i figure id see if anyone here knows a fix for this!

I was on a different Vodafone PAYG deal and decided to change over to the student X deal on Friday. I went in, signed up, and topped up by the 20e in store, got the text saying I was in the weekend X deal and the my Vodafone app confirms it (says I have the 20GB, free texts and 100mins)

My credit went to 0.00 (as expected) but I have no free texts and data isn't working at all (even though it should be free, but its not even taking data that's part of my 20gb. The guys on the online chat said to top up more to activate it again so I tried a 5e and no luck either. The 5e is credit is gone and still nothing.

Anyone have any ideas?
    Go back online to them and explain that they already took €20 to activate the offer. But you are not getting the benefits.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Can someone tell me how to delete the hs.vodafone.ie APN. When I go to the setting that should allow me to delete it I see it's grayed out. Can this be got around without going to the hassle of getting root?

cronos wrote: »
    Can someone tell me how to delete the hs.vodafone.ie APN. When I go to the setting that should allow me to delete it I see it's grayed out. Can this be got around without going to the hassle of getting root?

Depends on your device. Can you not add a new APN that doesn't use it?

Basil3 wrote: »
    Depends on your device. Can you not add a new APN that doesn't use it?

I've raised it with Vodafone directly. From doing research they can block it on their end.

http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057730168

In answer to your question, I can add all the APN's I want however in the background they can still choose different ones without me knowing. Your assumption is that if you have selected an APN that's the one that's always used, however, that's not true if you tether the phone I believe. At least for some people.

• Advertisement

I've raised it with Vodafone directly. From doing research they can block it on their end.

http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057730168

In answer to your question, I can add all the APN's I want however in the background they can still choose different ones without me knowing. Your assumption is that if you have selected an APN that's the one that's always used, however, that's not true if you tether the phone I believe. At least for some people.

First I've heard of a carrier remotely controlling for APN. Do you have a Vodafone branded device, therefore the APNs are set in system?

First I've heard of a carrier remotely controlling for APN. Do you have a Vodafone branded device, therefore the APNs are set in system?

It's a Vodafone smart ultra 6 and was purchased from Tesco. The APN options are disabled. I've set the radio button to live. However, I've heard from various threads you can find on boards if you search for hs.vodafone that people who tether have been automatically put on hs.vodafone. In fact, it may be mentioned in this thread I believe.

It's only when people tether though and I think they don't want you doing that anyway so that may be the reason.

It's a Vodafone smart ultra 6 and was purchased from Tesco. The APN options are disabled. I've set the radio button to live. However, I've heard from various threads you can find on boards if you search for hs.vodafone that people who tether have been automatically put on hs.vodafone. In fact, it may be mentioned in this thread I believe.

It's only when people tether though and I think they don't want you doing that anyway so that may be the reason.

When you are in the menu to select which apn you want to use, enter the HS.vodafone.com apn as if to edit it, press the 3 dots up the top right and select delete apn. Are you saying this is blocked for you? It wasn't for me when I had one last year.

FrostyJim wrote: »
    When you are in the menu to select which apn you want to use, enter the HS.vodafone.com apn as if to edit it, press the 3 dots up the top right and select delete apn. Are you saying this is blocked for you? It wasn't for me when I had one last year.

Yes I'm saying that's grayed out for me. Do you have root?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

I think that's an issue directly related to the Smart 6 which is a Vodafone handset. Read about that issue elsewhere.. Try the Vodafone forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

It's not that they're remotely controlling the apn on your phone when you tether.

Is that they are routing tethered traffic via HS for some despite the phones apn settings .. I'm one of those.

VF have not managed to sort this out yet for me anyhow.

Hey, I was with eir and moved over to Vodafone on Friday. My APNs have Tesco listed, and it's selected, I was never even with tesco mobile??

Should I delete it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,397 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

That's odd as Tesco is one 3 network, nothing to do with eir or vf. Was phone used by a Tesco customer at any stage?

TheDriver wrote: »
    That's odd as Tesco is one 3 network, nothing to do with eir or vf. Was phone used by a Tesco customer at any stage?

No, never used by anyone else and never had a tesco sim card in.
    Whats strange is Tescos is selected but obviously VF is the network the phones on and using for calls and data.
    I also don't have the apn mentioned above.

• Advertisement

Yes I'm saying that's grayed out for me. Do you have root?
    I didn't have root but I had unlocked the phone and moved to other networks. Possibly it's the sim then not allowing deletion?
    Senna wrote: »
    Hey, I was with eir and moved over to Vodafone on Friday. My APNs have Tesco listed, and it's selected, I was never even with tesco mobile??

Should I delete it?
    Senna wrote: »
    No, never used by anyone else and never had a tesco sim card in.
    Whats strange is Tescos is selected but obviously VF is the network the phones on and using for calls and data.
    I also don't have the apn mentioned above.

That's odd. Did you ever give it in to an unlocking shop? They could have used a Tesco sim while testing the unlock. What happens if you go to the apn menu and click the 3 dots in the top right and select reset to default?

Advertisement