Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AddressPal & Lockers - An Post's Parcel Service SEE MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

I had something delivered to the UK on Tuesday. Nothing from AddressPal as of yet. Is this the norm? I would have assumed an email to say they've received it.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭seekers

Not unless they are going to deliver it to the door to you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Not getting any texts from Addresspal at all. Two parcels waiting for collection since yesterday but no text. Good thing I checked my mails today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭bassy

dan786 wrote: »
    Not getting any texts from Addresspal at all. Two parcels waiting for collection since yesterday but no text. Good thing I checked my mails today.

better to just ring your local post office once you receive mail,thats of course if your a collect a the post office set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭trackerman

Got notice that parcel was available for collection, followed by usual SMS text.

Went to post office and they has nothing.

Contacted Addresspal via email and they said they had spoken to post office and parcel was available.

went back to post office and !!!! no parcel and they were never contacted.!!!!!

WTF...!!!

So contacted AP again... this time they asked for Proof of delivery... again WTF? they obviously had a parcel, hence the email notice.

Fortunately the sender used tracking so was able to provide POD, but radio silence from AP.

Am I surprised... well not really.

The main problem is no tractability on packages, notices you are sent (email or SMS) don't contain any reference number or other means to identify the delivery, so when it goes missing YOU are responsible to provide proof of delivery to their UK depot.

Other competitor services at least provide photographic evidence of your package and a reference number.

I definitely would not use them for anything valuable, that's for sure.

PS, its been 10 business days since the parcel was delivered to Hatfield, and 5 days since AP first notified me it was 'ready for collection'
    So at this stage I'm counting it lost.

PS, I'm still receiving notices to say the parcel is available and if not collected it will be returned to sender... obviously automated BS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

In general this week my amazon orders are all over the place orders scheduled to arrive middle of next week have all arrived today and they haven’t even been dispatched on Amazon yet. No Notification they were to arrive just lucky I am home today.
    Ordered items to addresspal on Monday arrived at post office today with no text saying they had arrived only an email ...text might arrive yet.
    Picked up a few other packages in post office during week and out of the 4 three had my addresspal number missing and they had a yellow warning sticker advising me to include it even though I had...not addresspal fault of course down to vendors not including it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭Vic_08

harr wrote: »
    In general this week my amazon orders are all over the place orders scheduled to arrive middle of next week have all arrived today and they haven’t even been dispatched on Amazon yet. No Notification they were to arrive just lucky I am home today.
    Ordered items to addresspal on Monday arrived at post office today with no text saying they had arrived only an email ...text might arrive yet.
    Picked up a few other packages in post office during week and out of the 4 three had my addresspal number missing and they had a yellow warning sticker advising me to include it even though I had...not addresspal fault of course down to vendors not including it.

Their address has too many lines in it, most UK addresses are 4 lines not 6.

I leave out "Addresspal" and haven't had a problem so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Item left the New Jersey depot on 02/12 and no update on the tracking since then. Why is it so hard to just have accurate tracking? According to them, they aim to deliver within 5-6 days of receiving which would be today or tomorrow, yet the tracking doesn't even show it's in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭deadimmortal

dreadful service, no reply from customer service, emailed them 3 days ago.
    Defo wont be using them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭dorito92

Hi all not sure how it works from the US but from the tracking they received my parcel into englishtown yesterday morning, when will i get a text/email about it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Pulse8

Mine was received in Englishtown on Monday morning according to USPS, still no email from AP to say they have it....mailed customer service, no reply

Absolute **** show

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

The notifications are explained on the AddressPal website here: https://addresspal.anpost.ie/how-it-works It varies depending on which service is used.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,871 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

<Captain Obvious speaks>
    It's a busy time of year, expect delays.
    I've got one tied up over there, too.
    FML, why did I do an impulse purchase so close to xmas?
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭dougee19

I reordered from them last month after 2 years of using parcelmotel, and my god the customer service is shocking.
    The emails are appalling and for the most-part they don't really know what they are doing. If you have your wrong card(which I had, it had expired) then they try the card and send you an email that they will then charge it in THREE DAYS! Then when they do charge, and resend it to you you cannot track this order as it stays under something called 'passed to specials area' which means there is no tracking.... Honestly was so disappointed, and I ordered home delivery and paid extra. It took 9 days to go from UK to my house.
    I will only ever use this for american buys from now on

/rant

• Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

dougee19 wrote: »
    I reordered from them last month after 2 years of using parcelmotel, and my god the customer service is shocking.
    The emails are appalling and for the most-part they don't really know what they are doing. If you have your wrong card(which I had, it had expired) then they try the card and send you an email that they will then charge it in THREE DAYS! Then when they do charge, and resend it to you you cannot track this order as it stays under something called 'passed to specials area' which means there is no tracking.... Honestly was so disappointed, and I ordered home delivery and paid extra. It took 9 days to go from UK to my house.
    I will only ever use this for american buys from now on

/rant

U should have stuck with parcel motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭blowin3

U should have stuck with parcel motel.
    Agreed they are dreadful . I have a parcel stuck with them in the UK for over a week. If it was Parcel motel they receive it 24 hours later I can collect . Never will I use this crowd again.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Agent_47

After getting my refund I closed my account. They are pure amateurs, now use PM

I got a text to my phone on Friday,telling me my parcel was in po for collection.so called in sat morning to po and no parcel there for me at all,probaly land there this week some time.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

1st time using AddressPal, I see now parcel is ready for collection but never got a notification by email or txt.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,848 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

nava wrote: »
    1st time using AddressPal, I see now parcel is ready for collection but never got a notification by email or txt.

AFAIK The email/text goes out when your collection post office scans it. So probably Monday.

• Advertisement

Discodog wrote: »
    AFAIK The email/text goes out when your collection post office scans it. So probably Monday.

I got the text and email on fri and went in yesterday and po said nothing there for me,also its on the addresspal site as being ready for collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Babybuttons05

Item left the New Jersey depot on 02/12 and no update on the tracking since then. Why is it so hard to just have accurate tracking? According to them, they aim to deliver within 5-6 days of receiving which would be today or tomorrow, yet the tracking doesn't even show it's in the country.

Did you get your addresspal from USA. I have one showing dispatched since 12 dec. I need it for Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 39 dubs09

Did you get your addresspal from USA. I have one showing dispatched since 12 dec. I need it for Christmas

Same here. Arrived with Addresspal 10th. Got email about it on the 11th saying they have it and are sending it. Now latest info on tracking says on 12th December it was dispatched. Coming from New Jersey.

I doubt this will be delivered in 5-6 days.. that would be tomorrow/ Thursday. I'm not hopeful..but keep checking the tracking every few hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭oreo47

Has anyone used addresspal UK recently?
    my order was shipped out the 9th and still nothing from an post.
    I know this time of year has delays but coming from the uk this seems excessive.
    what times are other people experiencing ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

oreo47 wrote: »
    Has anyone used addresspal UK recently?
    my order was shipped out the 9th and still nothing from an post.
    I know this time of year has delays but coming from the uk this seems excessive.
    what times are other people experiencing ?

I'd an item delivered to them on the 10th, hadn't got it by yesterday, so I sent them an email last night. They replied early AM asking for details. But about 10.00am this morning, I got the text. Picked up at lunch time.

thanks for the info.
    I am going to ask them if they can confirm they received it at hatfield
    hopefully they can do this.

thanks for the info.
    I am going to ask them if they can confirm they received it at hatfield
    hopefully they can do this.

In the email I got over night, they asked me for Proof of Delivery, I had bought from Amazon, so obviously didn't have a signed Del Docket.They also ask for other stuff, actually heres mail:
    Good Morning Heraldoffreeent,

We are sorry to hear that you are having difficulty tracing a parcel delivered through the AddressPal Service.

Once your correct full name (no initials) and your AddressPal account number have been included in the address, the item would arrive at your designated Post Office within 4-5 working days after processing at UK Hub.

We have checked with your designated Post Office and there is nothing on hand presently for you awaiting collection.

In order to trace your parcel, please provide the following information:
    - Original tracking number of the item from the website you purchased from (or its delivery agent)
    - A screenshot showing Proof of Delivery, complete with signature of delivery into the AddressPal UK Hub from the company you purchased your item from
    - Description of contents
    - Your full AddressPal Account number used for the purchase of the item
    - The name on the parcel, should it be different from the name on your AddressPal account

Upon receipt of the requested information, we will initiate an investigation to resolve the issue.

Kind Regards,
    AddressPal Customer Services

Do you get a notification when an post receive the item in hatfield ?

Do you get a notification when an post receive the item in hatfield ?

Unfortunately no.

• Advertisement

addresspal are a disgrace.
    It seems they have lost my parcel and wont respond to my emails. I pretty angry right now even though I should of done more research myself.
    what a crap service with awful customer service

Advertisement