Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AddressPal & Lockers - An Post's Parcel Service SEE MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Did you get your addresspal from USA. I have one showing dispatched since 12 dec. I need it for Christmas

Sorry just seeing this now, yes I got mine about a week ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 dubs09

Finally my parcel is in the country... going through customs in Portlaoise

Anyone been stung with customs from USA using addresspal? I'm expecting it but hope it's not too bad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Participated in a reddit secret santa and despite warning the sender to just send one package marked as a gift I'm fairly certain I've now got 5 amazon parcels on the way from the US... I can't wait to see how badly AP ream me with customs duty etc, especially when I can't tell them what's in the boxes :P

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭dorito92

dubs09 wrote: »
    Finally my parcel is in the country... going through customs in Portlaoise

Anyone been stung with customs from USA using addresspal? I'm expecting it but hope it's not too bad

Ive something on the way and got a text saying its being delivered to my home tomorrow..does this mean they didnt charge any customs :O

dorito92 wrote: »
    Ive something on the way and got a text saying its being delivered to my home tomorrow..does this mean they didnt charge any customs :O

I got the same text and was wondering this also...fingers crossed?

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

I got an email from address pal saying my parcel is at the depot, please confirm your address and who you ordered from to have it delivered. I though it was a scam so i screen shot the mail and send An post a message, they said it's not a scam but more then one person in a certain area has the same name so they didn't know who to send it to. Shambles.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Limpy wrote:
    I got an email from address pal saying my parcel is at the depot, please confirm your address and who you ordered from to have it delivered. I though it was a scam so i screen shot the mail and send An post a message, they said it's not a scam but more then one person in a certain area has the same name so they didn't know who to send it to. Shambles.

How is it a shambles when they contact you in advance to make sure you get the correct package.

Some people just go out of their way to be outraged.

Kat1170 wrote: »
    How is it a shambles when they contact you in advance to make sure you get the correct package.

Some people just go out of their way to be outraged.

Ah i didn't order anything that's why.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Babybuttons05

My us addresspal arrived at home today. Dispatched from us on 12th dec

Limpy wrote: »
    Ah i didn't order anything that's why.

So they're making sure they don't send you someone else's package by mistake.
    Almost certainly has had the , admittedly overly long, AP number left off it by the sender. Still hardly a shambles.
    Now if they just said 'funk it' and just sent it to the first person they came across in your area with the same name without bothering to check, that, would indicate a shambles ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,946 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

dorito92 wrote: »

All I can tell you is what happened to me.
    When I was charged duty it was before the parcel left New Jersey, so nothing to pay on arrival.
    Several other low or non-dutiable parcels came through with nothing charged on delivery.
    However, when dealing with another carrier from Canada, I had to pay forty quid duty when An Post delivered it to me.
    In short, by dealing with An Post's own forwarding service, if you haven't already been charged it, it's likely you won't have to pay on delivery.
    I await your result :)
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 38,946 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

In the first week of the service I got a lovely pair of blue suede shoes.

Instead of a greenhouse heater.

:)
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭dorito92

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    All I can tell you is what happened to me.
    When I was charged duty it was before the parcel left New Jersey, so nothing to pay on arrival.
    Several other low or non-dutiable parcels came through with nothing charged on delivery.
    However, when dealing with another carrier from Canada, I had to pay forty quid duty when An Post delivered it to me.
    In short, by dealing with An Post's own forwarding service, if you haven't already been charged it, it's likely you won't have to pay on delivery.
    I await your result :)

Thanks for that, yep it was delivered this morning, even though the receipt clearly said it was $78, on the parcel packaging they put the value as $19 so didn't have to pay anything, happy days.

I got the text saying it would be delivered today, no sign yet & latest tracking it was still in Portlaoise at 5pm yesterday. Fingers crossed but starting to panic. Does anyone know if they will attempt to deliver tomorrow ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

An Post are cowboys. Tracking order says “attempted delivery made”, they must have ninjas delivering these packages, ninjas that can go undetected by a cctv system that can spot a cat at 30 yards and manage go invisible when I’m working from home looking out onto the driveway. These same An Post ninjas always seem to ‘forget’ to put a card through the letterbox when they try this stunt.

Almost certainly has had the , admittedly overly long, AP number left off it by the sender. Still hardly a shambles.
    Now if they just said 'funk it' and just sent it to the first person they came across in your area with the same name without bothering to check, that, would indicate a shambles ;)

Sorry thats not good enough. Why should you have to email Address Pal telling them what you ordered. Is that not against GDPR rules? If the system is not working fix it.

Limpy wrote:
    Sorry thats not good enough. Why should you have to email Address Pal telling them what you ordered. Is that not against GDPR rules? If the system is not working fix it.

How the hell would telling them I bought twelve pairs of jocks be against GDPR rules.

You're starting to sound like the "won't somebody please think of the children" brigade.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭deadimmortal

Package contents have to be declared on custom dockets that are stuck to the package anyway so it makes no difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

The box may be damaged and be beside another damaged item with loose items , there are hundreds n thousands of parcels and some are not packaged the best,others just get damaged by movement of the boxes around them..it happens, a lot of Amazon stuff though we'll boxed,is not taped closed very well at all,if at all,smaller ones are not taped at all,just cardboard folded together..very easy to become a loose item in amongst other bigger ones moving about.

So they ask what's in the box for the obvious reasons,you get the right stuff.

I had a item delivered by DPD last week left at side gate in pissing rain all day,in a cardboard box,and it was electrical item costing near 200 ... No call email or txt notice from DPD.. now that's shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭ciara1052

Has anyone had an issue with a failed delivery with addresspal?
    It's my first time using it for an Amazon delivery and I've an email from the courier that delivery failed.

I inputted the address exactly as it was in the email I received.

• Advertisement

How the hell would telling them I bought twelve pairs of jocks be against GDPR rules.

You're starting to sound like the "won't somebody please think of the children" brigade.

Link please..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭votecounts

ciara1052 wrote: »
    Has anyone had an issue with a failed delivery with addresspal?
    It's my first time using it for an Amazon delivery and I've an email from the courier that delivery failed.

I inputted the address exactly as it was in the email I received.
    Could be that the driver was too lazy to deliver it and will actually deliver it later.

votecounts wrote: »
    Could be that the driver was too lazy to deliver it and will actually deliver it later.

The email mentioned that the driver didn't want to leave the parcel unattended which I thought was odd. I presumed addresspal was similar to parcel motel in that delivery was to a box drop off.

The courier was Hermes (I've no experience with them personally) so maybe that is the case he didn't actually try :o

• Registered Users Posts: 15,857 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

ciara1052 wrote: »
    The email mentioned that the driver didn't want to leave the parcel unattended which I thought was odd. I presumed addresspal was similar to parcel motel in that delivery was to a box drop off.

The courier was Hermes (I've no experience with them personally) so maybe that is the case he didn't actually try :o

Hermes are a disaster & featured on BBC Watchdog - leaving parcels in wheelie bins etc. I think that AP is a warehouse with a front counter. I have tracking messages like "left in mailroom". I suspect that they may not be 24/7.

From Google https://www.airbusiness.com/

Address: The Beacon, Mosquito Way, Hatfield AL10 9WN, United Kingdom
    Hours:
    Sunday Closed
    Monday 9a.m.–5:30p.m.
    Tuesday
    (Christmas Eve)
    9a.m.–5:30p.m.
    Hours might differ
    Wednesday
    (Christmas Day)
    Hours might differ
    Thursday
    (Boxing Day)
    Hours might differ
    Friday 9a.m.–5:30p.m.
    Saturday 9a.m.–5:30p.m

Discodog wrote: »
    Hermes are a disaster & featured on BBC Watchdog - leaving parcels in wheelie bins etc. I think that AP is a warehouse with a front counter. I have tracking messages like "left in mailroom". I suspect that they may not be 24/7.

From Google https://www.airbusiness.com/

Address: The Beacon, Mosquito Way, Hatfield AL10 9WN, United Kingdom
    Hours:
    Sunday Closed
    Monday 9a.m.–5:30p.m.
    Tuesday
    (Christmas Eve)
    Hours might differ
    Wednesday
    (Christmas Day)
    Hours might differ
    Thursday
    (Boxing Day)
    Hours might differ
    Friday 9a.m.–5:30p.m.
    Saturday 9a.m.–5:30p.m

Ah that's not great to hear about Hermes. Hopefully they try deliver again tomorrow. If not I'm not sure what I'll do (they said id have to collect it from a warehouse which obviously I can't do)

Thanks for that information though!

Limpy wrote:
    Link please..

To what, you're the one that made the claim about GDPR not me

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dfdream

I have a query on Address Pal for US.

Im expecting a package of 6-7kg.

On webpage it says "5-10kg €29.99". Does that mean a sliding scale up from €29.99 for 5kg and more as it gets bigger or is it €29.99 for any weight from 5-10kg ?

Anyone any idea on what % customs gets charged on clothes ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

oreo47 wrote: »
    addresspal are a disgrace.
    It seems they have lost my parcel and wont respond to my emails. I pretty angry right now even though I should of done more research myself.
    what a crap service with awful customer service

Did you ever get a response/resolution?
    I had a parcel delivered to AddressPal on 11th Nov that I still haven't received nearly 2 months later. Numerous emails later where I've given them proof of delivery including the date/time and signature received and they're still looking for tracking numbers. So much hassle involved as seller has to try and obtain screenshots from their courier weeks/months later and emails to AddressPal go unanswered and takes days for a response.

It's only my second time using AddressPal and if I can help it never again. I use ParcelMotel a lot and they're not without their issues but they seriously need to get a mainland UK delivery address along with ParcelWizard given so many suppliers not willing to ship to Ireland or Northern Ireland.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

dfdream wrote: »
    I have a query on Address Pal for US.

Im expecting a package of 6-7kg.

On webpage it says "5-10kg €29.99". Does that mean a sliding scale up from €29.99 for 5kg and more as it gets bigger or is it €29.99 for any weight from 5-10kg ?

Anyone any idea on what % customs gets charged on clothes ?

For duty/VAT queries:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055862554

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Lad just ask a question would these crowd 'Blackvue'' deliver to the parcel Motel address in Antrim
    i just put in random details there to see the price & its only £3.00 to deliver to antrim.
    It was over 20e to deliver to ireland address.
    would they actually deliver to that address then in Antrim ??

499747.JPG

Advertisement