Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AddressPal & Lockers - An Post's Parcel Service SEE MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 6,855 ✭✭✭Spocker

Lad just ask a question would these crowd 'Blackvue'' deliver to the parcel Motel address in Antrim
    i just put in random details there to see the price & its only £3.00 to deliver to antrim.
    It was over 20e to deliver to ireland address.
    would they actually deliver to that address then in Antrim ??

Blackvue are based in the UK so I don't see why not? The difference in price is because Ireland is an International destination on many shopping carts, and thats why it's £20.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Spocker wrote: »
    Blackvue are based in the UK so I don't see why not? The difference in price is because Ireland is an International destination on many shopping carts, and thats why it's £20.

Thanks :cool: ya but thats just taking the piss altogether with the price amazon would be nearly cheaper delivering than that.

• Moderators Posts: 6,855 ✭✭✭Spocker

Thanks :cool: ya but thats just taking the piss altogether with the price amazon would be nearly cheaper delivering than that.

It's why AddressPal/Parcel Wizard/Parcel Motel are all in business, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Djay707

Hey People,

Can I ask is the charge to pick per delivery or per collection, I get movies from Zaavi and they send every movie seperate and with Parcelmotel I get charged for every delivery, is Addresspal or Parcelconnect better for multiple items collection together?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

Djay707 wrote: »
    Hey People,

Can I ask is the charge to pick per delivery or per collection, I get movies from Zaavi and they send every movie seperate and with Parcelmotel I get charged for every delivery, is Addresspal or Parcelconnect better for multiple items collection together?

Thanks
    You're charged per delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Djay707 wrote: »
    Hey People,

Thanks

Do you mean Zavvi? Because they deliver here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Should I get a notification on delivery to AddressPal to the UK site? Or just when it's ready for collection in my local PO?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,857 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Should I get a notification on delivery to AddressPal to the UK site? Or just when it's ready for collection in my local PO?

Local PO

• Registered Users Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Folks whats the story with the an post parcel lockers? i got a flyer about one but cant see where i sign up?

Cyrus wrote: »
    Folks whats the story with the an post parcel lockers? i got a flyer about one but cant see where i sign up?
    I don't think you can sign up to them like the parcel motel lockers.
    The anpost lockers are for parcels from certain companies. If you order something from Amazon for example, you should receive a text or email allowing you to choose to have the parcel left in a locker, alternative address or different date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

gerard2210 wrote: »
    I don't think you can sign up to them like the parcel motel lockers.
    The anpost lockers are for parcels from certain companies. If you order something from Amazon for example, you should receive a text or email allowing you to choose to have the parcel left in a locker, alternative address or different date.

I've had this option with deliveries from Amazon a few times but I've never chosen it. Is it free?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,284 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Cyrus wrote: »

The FAQ on the an post website says to contact them here for more information.

https://www.anpost.com/Help-Support/Contact-Us

To be honest it doesnt sound like a brilliant service. The ones near me are in post offices so are only open buisness hours mon-fri and a few hours on saturday. Plus you only have 48 hours from when they put the parcel in the locker to retrieve it. All sounds a bit useless

• Registered Users Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

The FAQ on the an post website says to contact them here for more information.

https://www.anpost.com/Help-Support/Contact-Us

To be honest it doesnt sound like a brilliant service. The ones near me are in post offices so are only open buisness hours mon-fri and a few hours on saturday. Plus you only have 48 hours from when they put the parcel in the locker to retrieve it. All sounds a bit useless

the one near me is 24/7 which is better than the depot that doesnt open at weekends!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Did you ever get a response/resolution?
    I had a parcel delivered to AddressPal on 11th Nov that I still haven't received nearly 2 months later. Numerous emails later where I've given them proof of delivery including the date/time and signature received and they're still looking for tracking numbers. So much hassle involved as seller has to try and obtain screenshots from their courier weeks/months later and emails to AddressPal go unanswered and takes days for a response.

It's only my second time using AddressPal and if I can help it never again. I use ParcelMotel a lot and they're not without their issues but they seriously need to get a mainland UK delivery address along with ParcelWizard given so many suppliers not willing to ship to Ireland or Northern Ireland.

Has anyone ever managed to get a full refund from AddressPal for a lost/stolen parcel while in their possession?

Further to above I've been chasing AddressPal for over 3 months for a product they never delivered. I provided all their necessary proof (screenshot of signature received upon delivery, tracking number, item description, supplier, invoice etc etc) for a parcel they accepted on my behalf way back on 11th Nov 2019. Now over 3 months later they have finally issued a cheque in EUR to refund the GBP value of the item but the amount is incorrect. Again following multiple emails they’re advising that the refund amount is less the 20% VAT that was payable on the item.

My AddressPal account is not a business account and I’ve no means of reclaiming VAT from the UK government for an item I never received but that was shipping by the supplier. What’s the logic here with AddressPal and how do I get a full refund from them?

The whole service and process with AddressPal has been nothing but a nightmare. Where’s the incentive for them to deliver items and fulfil their contract if they can arbitrary keep/loose items on customers and only refund them 80% of cost. Surely they should have to replace like with like.

At least when ParcelMotel lost an item on me over Christmas I was refunded in full plus a 15% credit to my account as a form of compensation for the inconvenience caused.

griffdaddy wrote: »
    I've had this option with deliveries from Amazon a few times but I've never chosen it. Is it free?

Yes, no charge for using the lockers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

Any I've seen are accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The service is totally free and means if you can't be home for a parcel you can have it put in a parcel locker and collect it within 48 hours.

No cost, no signing up. A simple couple of clicks on your delivery text.

Certainly for many this is a great free additional service.

https://www.anpost.com/Post-Parcels/Receiving/Parcel-Lockers-(1)
    Only 17 locations to date, but expect many Lidl stores to have one in the near future

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

MOD -<SNIP> There is a sticky on this thread for a reason. Please read it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

fryup wrote: »
    can i use addresspal to get a laptop battery sent over from the UK??

No. No fluids, batteries, alcohol or a list of other things.

This gives you an idea here: https://www.anpost.com/Post-Parcels/Sending/Sending-Guide/Prohibited-Items

• Registered Users Posts: 32 dubladdie

Hi All,

I can't seem to find a definitive answer on this. I ordered an item from America using Addresspal. The online tracker has said that "Your Item has cleared Customs in Dublin"

Do I know how much the Customs charge is going to cost prior to the postman delivering it? Do I pay the postman or online? Does he accept card or only cash? Do I need the exact amount if cash or does the postman carry change? It seems quite bizarre and the info on the an post website is fairly vague.

The value of the item including postage within America was $140 so I'm expecting to pay VAT on it. Do they then add the value of the addresspal fee onto this? This would bring it over the €150 mark meaning I would then also have to pay duty on it....

Thanks all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

They charge VAT @23%; on the value of the item + Address Pal fee. The postage within the US is not counted. How much duty you pay (if any) depends on what the item is.

An Post also charge €10 for collecting it. The postman only takes cash. (exact amount).

What I have found is that if any customs are due they dont even attempt to deliver it. They just stick a card through the door telling you to collect it at the DSO. They write the amount owed on the card. The only take cash at the sorting office also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 dubladdie

Perfect, Thanks for the reply! That clears it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

A really simple example is -

Item value only - €85
    AddressPal fee - €15
    Total for customs = €100

You pay VAT at 23% = €23
    An Post fee = €10

Total owed to postman/at DSO = €33

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Signed up for this to get something delivered from Amazon to help for work from home. Came in two packages unfortunately, one arrived the other stayed in London apparently. CS email just asked for details, no response to any follow up emails looking for an update.
    I see the status in the tracking has gone to unable to deliver being returned to sender without any attempted delivery.

Is there another line of communication I can attempt? This is a bit of a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

I had an email saying they attempted to take payment and it failed. My own fault as hadn't used the service in a year and forgot to replace the card in my settings. However, the message was they would try again in '3 days' which is weird. Why wait that long. Anyway, changed the card on file 3 days ago and they still haven't taken the payment and are not returning emails. Think I'll stick with PM from now on, at least it's somewhat reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

Hi All!
    It's my first time using address pal so bear with me!
    I bought an item in amazon UK and the tracking there says it was delivered yesterday: "Parcel was left in mail room"
    I still haven't received anything from an post acknowledging receipt or shipping, but I'm worried that this is now lost somewhere in the UK.
    Can I ask for the help of more experienced people to ease my "panic"?
    Thank you so much!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Hi All!
    It's my first time using address pal so bear with me!
    I bought an item in amazon UK and the tracking there says it was delivered yesterday: "Parcel was left in mail room"
    I still haven't received anything from an post acknowledging receipt or shipping, but I'm worried that this is now lost somewhere in the UK.
    Can I ask for the help of more experienced people to ease my "panic"?
    Thank you so much!

If you look at the very first post in this thread, it gives a link to the addresspal service for An Post. It tells you the notification methods depending on whether you are picking up from Post Office of having it delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Lads does Addresspal accept Revolut. It's saying my Disposable Card is not valid.

Do I have to use my Main Cards details to complete registration.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭ciara1052

Lads does Addresspal accept Revolut. It's saying my Disposable Card is not valid.

Do I have to use my Main Cards details to complete registration.

It definitely accepted mine when I registered before Christmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

ciara1052 wrote: »
    It definitely accepted mine when I registered before Christmas?

Did you register your actual card number or a disposable virtual card number?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭ciara1052

Did you register your actual card number or a disposable virtual card number?

Ah sorry it accepted my actual revolut card (not a virtual one)...just checked.

Advertisement