Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AddressPal & Lockers - An Post's Parcel Service SEE MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 200 ✭✭Uncle Charlie

Anyone know of any companies that will provide a UK mainland Parcel Address for Ireland ?

Some businesses in the UK won't deliver to Northern Ireland or Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 mammychicken

An Post do Addresspal service,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭Simi

I've an item that's 115 X 70 X 30. The seller is willing to ship to Ireland but says it'll cost £70 postage. This is 15cm above address pals limits. Will it be rejected on the spot or have other people gotten packages this size?

Are there any other UK based addresses for similar sized packages?

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭seekers

Maybe there are other couriers who would take one. Did you look up parcelwizard?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭Simi

Both parcel motel and parcel Wizard say they'll charge ~€28 according to the calculators + whatever surcharge the seller will apply for NI delivery. I'm wary of parcel motel though after recent tales of excessive charges for oversized packages. Thanks for your help.

• Advertisement

An Post do Addresspal service,

Have you any experience using them.

I wonder how long they take to deliver to Ireland from the UK ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭Doge

Had a friend who had a large £2000 item which he did not ordered delivered to his house possibly due to having the same name as another customer.

This was about 2 months ago and his account was charged.
    An post wouldnt collect the item they mistakenly delivered to his house so he brought it to the post office and returned it.

About a month later the exact same item was delivered AGAIN to his door!

And he is still waiting on a refund for both times.

And some poor person is probably down 2 grand because of this.

I had a similar experience last Christmas eve.

A yamaha keyboard (it had no discrete packaging) was brought in by my local post courier guy,
    and I told him to return it as i had not ordered it.

Some poor kid must have been upset why Santa didnt deliver his keyboard on Christmas day.

I would be extremely careful ordering anything of high value from Address Pal, or even using them at all as it takes so long to be refunded.

MOD: <SNIP> Please read the charter, particularly the bit about prohibited articles.

An absolute joke of a company.

I must have had 300 packages delivered now with Parcel Wizard and never had an issue.

Just said I'd give people a heads up as this is not acceptable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Have you any experience using them.

I wonder how long they take to deliver to Ireland from the UK ?

You don't have to look far to find the information I posted this further up this very page....

"Ordered Tuesday evening delivered following Monday morning."

That was Amazon Prime that and they delivered to Addresspal on the Wednesday morning.

my3cents wrote: »
    You don't have to look far to find the information I posted this further up this very page....

"Ordered Tuesday evening delivered following Monday morning."

That was Amazon Prime that and they delivered to Addresspal on the Wednesday morning.

That's a long time if you are trying to order fresh food that is not available in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

That's a long time if you are trying to order fresh food that is not available in Ireland.

I definitely wouldn't try ordering fresh food through AddressPal, I'd say it's chances of arriving edible are about 1%

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Perishable goods are on the restricted list.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭Doge

Doge wrote: »
    MOD: <SNIP> Please read the charter, particularly the bit about prohibited articles.
    Apologies for the slip up mods.
    I think the root of the problem is the fact that an post are willing to send these restricted items by air instead of by boat.

I blame them! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

My amazon prime order was delivered to address pal over the weekend. Tracking says handed to resident.
    I then see address pals site says they only receive packages Monday-Friday so I've no idea if they have my package and will have to wait and see if it arrives at the post office.
    Has anyone had a package delivered there on the weekend?
    They are my last choice but I could only get the item delivered to mainland UK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

Anybody had this happen to them before?

Parcel get sent from AddressPal in the US, Gets to Portlaoise, forwarded on to Dublin Mails Centre, Sent straight back to the US???

Zero response from An Post

Screenshot 2019-11-06 at 14.04.54.png

• Registered Users Posts: 15,857 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I have hearing of more & more problems with AP. Their customer service seem to be hopeless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

An Post got back to me.. They are claiming that it was accidentally put in the outgoing mail and it is now on its way back from Heathrow!

We will see.. I am 100% convinced the next thing to appear on the tracking will be that it has arrived back in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭SPDUB

prinzeugen wrote: »

Parcel get sent from AddressPal in the US, Gets to Portlaoise, forwarded on to Dublin Mails Centre, Sent straight back to the US???

Once had a parcel going to USA , reach USA where the USPS sent it back to Ireland and then An Post sent to back to the USA .

• Registered Users Posts: 38,946 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

prinzeugen wrote: »

I've never had a parcel returned to the US, but similar dumb-assery happened on a couple of occasions with parcels from the UK, years ago.
    Both of them were returned as 'inadequately addressed', which was utter nonsense.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Anyone have a parcel sit in Portlaoise for a few days. Had a parcel arrive on Thursday. Received a message saying delivery next working day, so that would have been Friday but things happen so I should have it today... Except there's no movement at all and it's still in Portlaoise.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭seekers

Yes, ive noticed that on some deliveries, the parcel sits in London for the most of a week. A delay in Portlaoise happens even with regular parcels going out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Anyone have a parcel sit in Portlaoise for a few days. Had a parcel arrive on Thursday. Received a message saying delivery next working day, so that would have been Friday but things happen so I should have it today... Except there's no movement at all and it's still in Portlaoise.

Dont forget get its xmas season now so it will be xtra busy. So u know what they ARE LIKE THEN. Any delay in deliveries screws the next days up

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Dont forget get its xmas season now so it will be xtra busy. So u know what they ARE LIKE THEN. Any delay in deliveries screws the next days up

I'm ok with a day. But two days? Or should add another week to my expected delivery?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

I signed up with address pal last week and had something delivered to them on Friday.

The status hasn't changed since 3pm on Friday when it was accepted at the Heathrow Hub.

I called them this afternoon to check everything was ok with it but the lady told me they don't have access to the systems to check :confused:

So just wondering if it's normal for their system not to update and when should I start to get concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

I signed up with address pal last week and had something delivered to them on Friday.

The status hasn't changed since 3pm on Friday when it was accepted at the Heathrow Hub.

I called them this afternoon to check everything was ok with it but the lady told me they don't have access to the systems to check :confused:

So just wondering if it's normal for their system not to update and when should I start to get concerned.

Thats the norm, you wont hear anything until its in your post office, used them a few times now never had a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Thats the norm, you wont hear anything until its in your post office, used them a few times now never had a problem

OK nice one thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭NeoRox

Does anybody have any experience of Hermes deliveries to AddressPal from Amazon? . I got an attempted delivery email this morning and it says that "In most cases, Hermes UK will try again the next business day.". The question is do they attempt delivery again has anybody found?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,946 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Yeah, I've had that from Hermes and it's always got there eventually.
    Problem is, there's no way of telling whether they've actually attempted delivery or the driver is just over-worked and flicked the parcel to the back of the van. It usually gets there, though.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭NeoRox

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    Yeah, I've had that from Hermes and it's always got there eventually.
    Problem is, there's no way of telling whether they've actually attempted delivery or the driver is just over-worked and flicked the parcel to the back of the van. It usually gets there, though.
    Thanks for that. Got the confirmation from Amazon that it had been delivered so all sorted. Handy to know for future purchases that end up with Hermes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Do an post charge that minimum €10 customs charge on every item coming from the us?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,277 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Do an post charge that minimum €10 customs charge on every item coming from the us?

yes. that is their fee for processing the customs paperwork and collecting the vat and duty due.

Advertisement