Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AddressPal & Lockers - An Post's Parcel Service SEE MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭171170

Do an post charge that minimum €10 customs charge on every item coming from the us?

They didn't charge me a cent extra on a $14 RAM chip that came from Illinois last week.

Will be buying a second one later today, so I'll be interested to see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,277 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

171170 wrote: »
    They didn't charge me a cent extra on a $14 RAM chip that came from Illinois last week.

Will be buying a second one later today, so I'll be interested to see what happens.

low value shipments do not attract customs or vat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

low value shipments do not attract customs or vat.

It's a second hand piece of clothing from Etsy costing me $33. Not sure if that attracts and customs or duty.

It's a second hand piece of clothing from Etsy costing me $33. Not sure if that attracts and customs or duty.

the info you need is in a sticky at the tope of the main forum. the info is slightly out of date as it still says the An Post fee is €6

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=65040007&postcount=1

the info you need is in a sticky at the tope of the main forum. the info is slightly out of date as it still says the An Post fee is €6

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=65040007&postcount=1

Thank you. I guess my only question after reading that is, is the address pal €16 fee classed as postage and included in the calculation for VAT? Or is it just the initial postage cost paid to the seller?

• Advertisement

Thank you. I guess my only question after reading that is, is the address pal €16 fee classed as postage and included in the calculation for VAT? Or is it just the initial postage cost paid to the seller?

how much did it cost to get the parcel to you in ireland? if you had to pay postage to get the parcel from the sender to addresspal and then pay €16 to get it from the US to ireland then the €16 should be added to the initial postage cost.

how much did it cost to get the parcel to you in ireland? if you had to pay postage to get the parcel from the sender to addresspal and then pay €16 to get it from the US to ireland then the €16 should be added to the initial postage cost.

The postage within the US is free.

I might leave it in that case. The jumper is only €29 but I’d be paying another €33 in an post fee and taxes.

The postage within the US is free.

I might leave it in that case. The jumper is only €29 but I’d be paying another €33 in an post fee and taxes.

not really sure how you are figuring out €33. that would be €23 for VAT. there would be no duty as it is under the threshold for duty. Given a price of 29 plus the 16 for addresspal i get VAT of €10.23. As that is only barely over the an post fee i doubt they would bother doing a customs declaration.

not really sure how you are figuring out €33. that would be €23 for VAT. there would be no duty as it is under the threshold for duty. Given a price of 29 plus the 16 for addresspal i get VAT of €10.23. As that is only barely over the an post fee i doubt they would bother doing a customs declaration.

I meant €16 for the addresspal service, €10 ish cat and another €10 charge for an post customs clearance.

I meant €16 for the addresspal service, €10 ish cat and another €10 charge for an post customs clearance.

ah i get you know. i think you would be very unlucky to be caught for vat on a parcel with that value.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭blinkey 101

Can anyone tell me if it's true that address pal won't be sending notifications ie texts or emails to customers to let them know their package is available at their chosen post office ?

Nearly a week now and now sign of my parcel from Amazon . I rang an 01 number yesterday and for some strange reason got UK "help" desk , the guy was about as helpful as a wet sock.. he told me I'd have to keep calling the post office or drop in in person to see has it arrived .

I told him that's not possible because of work commitments .

Has anyone had this experience ?

Thanks .

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭seekers

No, they have always emailed and texted me for any deliveries

• Registered Users Posts: 15,857 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Unusually today I got the email hours before the text.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

Is anyone else having issues with packages that have already been collected but they are still getting texts and emails saying to collect it days later.

• Moderators Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Spocker

KOR101 wrote: »
    Is anyone else having issues with packages that have already been collected but they are still getting texts and emails saying to collect it days later.

Nope, I only get the one notification. Is there possibly more packages waiting for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭bassy

any of you guys ever get a email from address pal asking is this your parcel cause you have the same name as the actual person its intended for,can the not tell by the special addresspal every person is issued?.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

bassy wrote: »
    any of you guys ever get a email from address pal asking is this your parcel cause you have the same name as the actual person its intended for,can the not tell by the special addresspal every person is issued?.

Make sure its from address pal 1st & not a scam.

Make sure its from address pal 1st & not a scam.

gotten them several times over the past couple of months.

• Moderators Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Spocker

Yes, I've gotten these several times, it's usually because the seller has left off the AP number, and An Post are just trying to reunite the parcel with its rightful owner, thats all

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Collibosher

....can the not tell by the special addresspal every person is issued?.

The sender has likely left off the Addresspal number, and just has the receiver name ie Mr Bassy c/o Addresspal UK on the package.

They're contacting all the Mr Bassys that they have registered with them to find out which one is expecting a delivery form that particular sender.

• Advertisement

cheers guys

It can take longer when they have a sender who leaves off the PayPal number. Another thing that happens is that they can sometimes send you an email when they receive the items in the UK. I got one of those emails once and went to the post office thinking that the parcel had arrived that quickly. It was delivered to the house afterwards as the email was the receipt for the home delivery payment

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Parcel delivered to them from amazon last weds and haven’t heard anything yet. Is this normal?

Sometimes it sits in Heathrow for days before it gets out

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

seekers wrote: »
    Sometimes it sits in Heathrow for days before it gets out

Got onto Amazon and they refunded no questions asked . . Quite impressed as I wsant actually looking for a refund, just wanted to ask them what was the process if I didnt receive the parcel.

Anyone else having problems with tracking this morning? I got an email yesterday to say that had received it, I checked the tracking and it all looked fine. Today it doesn't seem to recognise the number ?

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭milehip

Seems to be a lot of problems with address pal going by the last few pages,

I've had two parcel returned to the vendors in the UK I'm the last week stating that the AP address wasn't valid, anyone else experiencing this?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,946 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Sellers being their usual idiotic selves and not putting the number on (the stupidly long number, old sore point), and perhaps lazy or incompetent delivery drivers at the other end, some of whom couldn't find their arse with either hand.
    To be fair to AP, they do a bloody good job of sorting out badly addressed parcels.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭deadimmortal

Got email last Thursday afternoon 2pm ish to say package arrived in post office to collect, followed by a SMS a few hours later 5pm Email states they hold the package for 5 working days.
    Went up Tuesday to collect it and was told it wasn’t there that it had been sent back that morning.
    I absolutely hate addresspal, I’ve had nothing but problems with them in the past. I try to avoid them as much as I can. And only use them as a last resort.
    If you are buying something and need it by a certain date, don’t use addresspal. They aren’t reliable. IMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

My Amazon package is meant to be delivered tomorrow but apparently its out for delivery this morning. What people are saying seems to be true.

Advertisement