Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AddressPal & Lockers - An Post's Parcel Service SEE MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Options
1146147148149150152»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,874 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

All you need to do is order from companies that deliver to Ireland, if a company won't deliver they don't want to deal with EU taxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭deadybai

i have never used address pal . I’m looking to buy a tv which is is a good bit cheaper on uk sites that only deliver to the uk .

is it worth my while using address pal? I understand I will pay extra for delivery but will I get pounded by import duty as well ?

Post edited by whiterebel on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

Yes, you will be paying VAT twice. Once from the seller who is correctly charging 20% vat because as far as they are concerned it is a sale to someone in the UK (The addresspal depot), and then AddressPal will calculate vat on everything as you are bringing goods into the EU.

Say the tv is £500 euro, add on 20% vat for the UK part, brings it to £600 for the uk retailer. You are then going to have to pay 23% on top of that once the goods enter the EU.

Would Richersounds in Belfast be any use to you?

Richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭eiei0

Hi All

I am just wondering how long after a package is delivered to the Address Pal location in NJ, that I should hear something from them?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Ezeoul

Very quickly, usually within 2-3 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭riccol1966

Hi, couldn't work out how to search within the large addresspal topic elsewhere, so apologies if this has been asked and answered before.

Does anyone know if addresspal will allow you to send food (specifically peanut butter) from UK? I'm just wondering if foodstuffs like this get classified under a broader 'liquid ' term and would hence be prohibited?

I still use addresspal from time to time for specific items that i can't source here or in eu, and it's still a good service.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,185 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

It's not really the issue of liquid that's the problem, it's the food from outside the EU, particularly the nut element. The customs declaration would have it rejected.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Roger00

Wondering how long it takes for delivery of an item I bought on amazon uk after customs is paid?

I got the text from an post on 24th november, I paid it straight away, now it's stuck in sorting since sunday 26th

Thanks in advance

Post edited by whiterebel on

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭cap.in.hand.

Usually day or 2 after customs paid .... Christmas delays from now on I'd expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Roger00

Thanks for your reply, just I had another item I ordered from a UK Ebay seller that went to sorting at the same time & it was delivered today, but it had no custom charges so maybe that makes a difference.

Thanks again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭micks_address

Hi folk's,

Getting a new door without letterbox. Looking at anpost delivery box and mounting to the wall. Reading the faq it states you still need a separate letter box? For non anpost items l guess like courier missed delivery items etc? Anyone have one and not have a letter box? Where doest junk mail etc go?

Thanks

Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭lmk123

Ya I have one, great job, only An Post can use it though, I don’t have another letter box and it’s fine for me anyway, don’t get junk mail

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

I have had no other letterbox for years. Get all my An Post post, and no takeaway/political stuff.

Every courier just dumps stuff on the porch and runs since the pandemic

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭millionmystery

Hi,

Just ordered from Amazon US to my AddressPal US.

It a clock, paid 108 USD for it but bring sold here for much higher.

What are the chances of getting through customs and does Amazon /AddressPal add in the invoice for how much I paid? Can't see any way to ask them to add it in as don't want customs applying Irish/UK price which is far higher.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

All AddressPal goes through customs. Everything does these days since the minimum threshold for VAT was removed. If there is an invoice included the AdressPal agent in NJ shouldnuse that value, but if theres no paperwork it can be hit and miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭millionmystery

Thanks, I ordered from Amazon US which a week and half ago didn't send directly to Ireland, but today I see my order can be shipped directly to Ireland for 45 dollars (would've saved me a good bit given what customs will charge, I'd imagine, 🙄. Very frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭fun loving criminal

I made an order a few weeks ago from an American website and I used address pal. The order was shipped in 3 parts.

There was a delay in getting the parcels to me because of missing ID number.

So I received a message about the first two parcels saying I had to pay custom charges. It wasn't much, €10 each, so I paid. It wasn't a scam message that you sometimes get because I had tracking number of the parcels.

So onto my third parcel and I receive a message about custom charges which I was expecting because of the first two parcels.

However, I held off paying because I was busy. Next I receive a message from an post about a parcel that will be delivered the next working day which I thought was odd because I don't think I was expecting anything else but then maybe it was because I'm always ordering things online. So I checked the tracking and it's this addresspal parcel that is due.

But I didn't pay custom charges?

Now I'm confused. Did I have to pay custom charges for the first two parcels? Or do I have to still pay for the third?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,112 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I know of a few circumstances where the letter to pay arrived after the package.

If you are as holy as I am, I'd see this as a gift from god 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭BArra

anyone with recent experience how long they are taking once delivered to Mosquito Way, UK, before you get alerted to the item checking in and has been processed?

Any item I had lately to addresspal UK was in Dublin the following day after I got notification they received my package at Mosquito way.

• Advertisement

Just wondering on timeframe on being delivered to Mosquito, as I've had an item deliver there on Monday 18th but no check in info or 6.50e payment taken yet

Same day as the morning my Amazon package arrived at addresspal UK...that same evening,it was processed and 6.50 charged and sent to airport.

Check in took 36hrs from delivery to Mosquito until notification, all good

Post edited by BArra on

Advertisement