Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AddressPal & Lockers - An Post's Parcel Service SEE MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Addresspal gives its UK address as

Apw#######
    AddressPal
    The Beacon
    Mosquito Way
    Hatfield
    AL109WN

On Amazon where do I input the Apw number. I don't see where to input it in the Address field.

Amazon also asks for a County. Is it ok to leave that blank

Can the AddressPal address above be used as a default address on Amazon.

The American address provided by ADDRESSPAL is not accepted by Amazon. It doesn't recognise Englishtown and a Countymust be entered. Englishtown is in Monmouth County NJ but Amazon won't accept it his either

Thank you.

• Moderators Posts: 6,857 ✭✭✭Spocker

Addresspal gives its UK address as

Apw#######
    AddressPal
    The Beacon
    Mosquito Way
    Hatfield
    AL109WN

On Amazon where do I input the Apw number. I don't see where to input it in the Address field.

Amazon also asks for a County. Is it ok to leave that blank

Can the AddressPal address above be used as a default address on Amazon.

The American address provided by ADDRESSPAL is not accepted by Amazon. It doesn't recognise Englishtown and a Countymust be entered. Englishtown is in Monmouth County NJ but Amazon won't accept it his either

Thank you.

Put the Addresspal number as part of your name, or the first line of the address . If you need it, the county is Hertfordshire. I can't help with the US Amazon

Spocker wrote: »
    Put the Addresspal number as part of your name, or the first line of the address . If you need it, the county is Hertfordshire. I can't help with the US Amazon

Thanks, I put it as the first line of the address. The Address was accepted without including Hertfordshire as the county. Why did AddressPal not include the County.?

Thanks, I put it as the first line of the address. The Address was accepted without including Hertfordshire as the county. Why did AddressPal not include the County.?

Postcode I guess, the counties in the UK are not really required, city+postcode usually is enough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭paddy19

"The American address provided by ADDRESSPAL is not accepted by Amazon. It doesn't recognise Englishtown and a Countymust be entered. Englishtown is in Monmouth County NJ but Amazon won't accept it his either"

Clear everything and start add address again:

5 S Main St
    Englishownn for city
    NJ for state
    Zip code 07726.

Leave county blank.

Amazon will suggest ZIP 07726-1558.

Just accept that and you're in business.

• Advertisement

paddy19 wrote: »
    "The American address provided by ADDRESSPAL is not accepted by Amazon. It doesn't recognise Englishtown and a Countymust be entered. Englishtown is in Monmouth County NJ but Amazon won't accept it his either"

Clear everything and start add address again:

5 S Main St
    Englishownn for city
    NJ for state
    Zip code 07726.

Leave county blank.

Amazon will suggest ZIP 07726-1558.

Just accept that and you're in business.

It's not working. I'm using the Android App

It's not working. I'm using the Android App

Works fine on a Win 10 pc.
    Can you try it on a browser?

paddy19 wrote: »
    Works fine on a Win 10 pc.
    Can you try it on a browser?

I will do tomorrow. I'll post back here with screenshots if the problem persists

• Registered Users Posts: 39,100 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

I will do tomorrow. I'll post back here with screenshots if the problem persists

If Amazon (or anyone else) insist on a phone number, the office number of Polar Express, who run the service for An Post, is...
    01 732 446 6772
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

AddressPal%203-address12619.png

Im on the Amazon Website now using my PC.
    When you click on add a new purchase preference you are taken to the address fields.
    At the top of the address fields there is a box that asks you to enter the postcode so that the address can be found quickly.

When i enter the US postcode from the above pic it says no address found.

• Advertisement

Try just entering the address manually, don't do the lookup with the zip code. Also, don't enter 'NJ07726' for the zip code, it's just '07726' - the NJ part is the state, New Jersey

Hmmm, just added it now and it worked fine.
    I'm not seeing the enter the post code option.

Are you on the .com site?

"At the top of the address fields there is a box that asks you to enter the postcode so that the address can be found quickly."

Ignore this and add the fields manually.

Im on Amazon.co.uk

I tried entering it manually. I tried it once excluding the county and it said please enter county. When I entered county I got this message

"Please provide a town or city for this address.
    The county name that you provided is invalid.
    There was a problem with the ZIP or Postal Code.
    "

This is what I entered in the fields

My Name
    APW#######
    5 South Main Street
    Englishtown
    County left blank

I tried the above a few times and eventually Amazon said we suggest another address. It left out my name and put my AddressPal account after the street name. It added extra digits for the postcode also. it excluded county. My Irish phone number was accepted. This is the address they proposed.

5 S Main Street APW#######
    Englishtown, NJ 07726-1558
    United States
    My phone number

Why dont AddressPal provide this address and save people hassle.

Thanks Lads

Im on Amazon.co.uk

I tried entering it manually. I tried it once excluding the county and it said please enter county. When I entered county I got this message

"Please provide a town or city for this address.
    The county name that you provided is invalid.
    There was a problem with the ZIP or Postal Code.
    "

This is what I entered in the fields

My Name
    APW#######
    5 South Main Street
    Englishtown
    County left blank

I tried the above a few times and eventually Amazon said we suggest another address. It left out my name and put my AddressPal account after the street name. It added extra digits for the postcode also. it excluded county. My Irish phone number was accepted. This is the address they proposed.

5 S Main Street APW#######
    Englishtown, NJ 07726-1558
    United States
    My phone number

Why dont AddressPal provide this address and save people hassle.

Thanks Lads

Hang on, you're on the Amazon UK site, but you're trying to add the US AddressPal address for delivery? You should be using the UK one! Amazon.co.uk deliver most items to Ireland, is there something specific you're trying to order from the UK (batteries?) that you need to use AddressPal for?

Spocker wrote: »
    Hang on, you're on the Amazon UK site, but you're trying to add the US AddressPal address for delivery? You should be using the UK one! Amazon.co.uk deliver most items to Ireland, is there something specific you're trying to order from the UK (batteries?) that you need to use AddressPal for?

I have saved three addresses in my payment preferences now. Theres plenty that they dont deliver so I saved these addresses for those items plus Amazon delivers many items free within the Uk so I save on shipping. The USA address is useful for some items only available there and it saves switching between Amazon.com and Amazon.uk. Customs charges apply though from USA.

Ive saved these
    My Irish Address
    My UK Addresspal
    My USA Addresspal

Does anyone know if i order from USA are AddressPal shipping from there atm?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Does anyone know if i order from USA are AddressPal shipping from there atm?

They are (Aerlingus are doing air-freight from NY which includes An Post Addresspal and regular mail). Its only 2-3 times a week (and not daily like it was before this whole mess started).

So- yes, they are- but there are additional delays.

They are (Aerlingus are doing air-freight from NY which includes An Post Addresspal and regular mail). Its only 2-3 times a week (and not daily like it was before this whole mess started).

So- yes, they are- but there are additional delays.

Great to here, thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 39,100 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Looking at the flightradar24 and flightaware sites, there's a fraction of normal air traffic, and nearly all the ones that are on there are cargo, and even they are well down on normal.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 11,641 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Parcel was delivered to Air Business on the 9th, it's due for home delivery. When do I receive a tracking code? Also, if delivery is successful to Air Buisness, does that mean that it has been accepted and not rejected?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

After years on purchases on Ebay I've had one refunded due to Addresspal address causing trouble. Never happened before and hopefully not a sign of a something else.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Parcel was delivered to Air Business on the 9th, it's due for home delivery. When do I receive a tracking code? Also, if delivery is successful to Air Buisness, does that mean that it has been accepted and not rejected?

Have a Look at the AddressPal website, it tells you when each service is notified.

whiterebel wrote: »
    Have a Look at the AddressPal website, it tells you when each service is notified.
    It says when processed, but both parcels were delivered 4/5 days ago.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

It says when processed, but both parcels were delivered 4/5 days ago.

They talk in working days. Only Friday has been a working day since the 9th.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭oreo47

Has anyone used addresspal UK sucessfully recently?
    Seems to be bad delays.

oreo47 wrote: »
    Seems to be bad delays.

Received UK on Friday here Tuesday of bank holiday weekend. I think it depends on when your parcel hits the UK warehouse. They seem to ship about twice a week.
    So if you your parcel arrives just after the shipment you could see a longer delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Other than inordinate delay I've been happy with addresspal til now, ordered item from Amazon and it was in their courier service local to Hatfield next day. They were unsuccessful in delivering to AP, queried this with AP and as usual waited days for a reply by which time item had returned to Amazon. Reordered with Amazon and it still hasn't been delivered. Haven't bothered contacting AP for reasons as set out. Think I'll be reverting to parcel motel

oreo47 wrote: »
    Seems to be bad delays.

Item arrived at Addresspal warehouse tuesday afternoon, had it at my door 9am this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 haventaclue

Huh,my first attempt at using Addresspal,and my parcel has gone to Texas,first and last time I'll be using it.

• Advertisement

Huh,my first attempt at using Addresspal, and my parcel has gone to Texas,first and last time I'll be using it.

Very strange, how did it go to Texas, did addresspay USA ship it there?

Advertisement