Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What shoes you wearing now and what next?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭py

80 quid on GAA store including postage

Was just coming back to post that myself, thanks! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Tipptatlers

Looking at getting the Hoka Carbon x size 10s. Can’t see them anywhere online. Anyone any links please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭overpronator

Have Adidas discontinued the Tempo? Getting tricky to source them online

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Checked there - no half sizes unfortunately :(

I'd recommend registering with the Nike website - they have regular-ish flash sales and you get 20% off during your birthday month.

Or the Nike shop in Kildare Village ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Have Adidas discontinued the Tempo? Getting tricky to source them online

Time to move to the Boston's, I see Amazon have a good selection of sizes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭overpronator

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Time to move to the Boston's, I see Amazon have a good selection of sizes.

This had occurred to me alright Dom, think you've run in both? Assume the boston are fully neutral whilst the tempo are neutral-ish? What do you make of the current Bostons?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

This had occurred to me alright Dom, think you've run in both? Assume the boston are fully neutral whilst the tempo are neutral-ish? What do you make of the current Bostons?

Just picked up a pair of 8's, for me probably their best update.
    The Boston has mild stability, weighs 250 grams for my size 10's, fit true to size, have a nice seamless upper now with the stripes printed on rather than the traditional stitched on.
    Personally I think it's a classic, great all-rounder, one to throw in the bag for work travel or hols.

I'm pacing the half on Saturday, will wear these if you want to take a look?

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭boydkev

fennor72 wrote: »
    Thanks for that, I nearly bought a pair of rincons last night with the plan to use them for Dublin, let us know what you think about the carbon X, the appeal with the rincon was the cushioning and they are very light

I have done 3 runs in the Carbon X,
    8 Miles with intervals (3x600m)
    12 Miles Steady
    9 Miles with intervals (5x1k)

So after 30 miles they feel Good and have softened a bit from first run. They are very comfortable and fit really well(Half size bigger than Nike).
    What has surprised me is the transition during ground contact from heal to toe. I can t fault the shoe yet, But i still have to see how they feel after my next 20 miler and looking forward to using them for DCM.

They arrived pretty quickly, won't get a chance to test them out till next week but if they're decent I'll probably order another pair.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

py wrote:
    They arrived pretty quickly, won't get a chance to test them out till next week but if they're decent I'll probably order another pair.

Was my plan too til I realised size 9 were gone. I love them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭boydkev

Was my plan too til I realised size 9 were gone. I love them.

Lifestyle have a few for €80 if you dont mind them being Crimson Red, I just received my size 8's.

https://www.lifestylesports.com/ie/mens-air-zoom-pegasus-36-12195441.html

boydkev wrote:
    Lifestyle have a few for €80 if you dont mind them being Crimson Red, I just received my size 8's.

Legend man. Thanks for that. Got sorted.

boydkev wrote: »

https://www.lifestylesports.com/ie/mens-air-zoom-pegasus-36-12195441.html

Another confirmed sale here :pac::pac::pac:

Hard to turn them down at that price tbh - will be my 3rd pair of Pegasus.

Just broke out my latest ones last weekend in Charleville ahead of the DCM so probably won't run in these until Spring/Summer (have a few other shoes in rotation as well :D)

Big question now is whether to hide them in the attic or the shed ;)

Cartman78 wrote:
    Just broke out my latest ones last weekend in Charleville ahead of the DCM so probably won't run in these until Spring/Summer (have a few other shoes in rotation as well )

I have so many pairs of runners at this stage I need to start ignoring this thread. Haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭deisedude

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Another confirmed sale here :pac::pac::pac:

Hard to turn them down at that price tbh - will be my 3rd pair of Pegasus.

Just broke out my latest ones last weekend in Charleville ahead of the DCM so probably won't run in these until Spring/Summer (have a few other shoes in rotation as well :D)

Big question now is whether to hide them in the attic or the shed ;)

Hide them in the handbags she is hiding from you :D

deisedude wrote: »

Haha...good point....will have to be careful with the XC Spikes though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭ariana`

Or maybe she is hiding runners too :P

3 new pairs recently but still found myself checking to see if Lifestyle had the women's version for €80 as well, thankfully they didn't :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭event

Anyone use Saucony fastwitch 9s?

I need support runners and these are support but for racing, very light. Be interested in them for 5k, 10k, maybe up to half marathon

Anyone run in the Hoka one one Bondi 6? I'm thinking of getting a cushioned shoe for the winter when I can't run on grass

Some good deals on Hoka on sportsshoes.com at the mo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Have had the Zoom Fly 3 for a couple of weeks now, about 110 miles or so in them. Even tho they are the cheaper version of the NEXT%, you can still feel that plate working in the midsole. Although since starting with them, I have picked up a couple of niggles (not sure if these are contributing!!)

The sole of my left foot is really sore after a run, bruised like feeling almost. My ITB is acting up again and flaring up on the long runs since starting with these.

Other than that, I find them brilliant, I have very narrow feet and find them a great fit.

I think the problem's ive been having with these is the slower runs. I dont think the plate mixes well with slow running, giving a couple of problems to my feet, clutching at straws maybe :confused:

I wore them for the HM on Sat and not a problem at all, found them brilliant. Similarly, I find them great in sessions for the faster stuff too. They really are a 'racing' shoe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭deisedude

I think the problem's ive been having with these is the slower runs. I dont think the plate mixes well with slow running, giving a couple of problems to my feet, clutching at straws maybe :confused:

I wore them for the HM on Sat and not a problem at all, found them brilliant. Similarly, I find them great in sessions for the faster stuff too. They really are a 'racing' shoe.

I've only done 1 run in mine but found them awful uncomfortable in the warm up and then when i started the tempo part of my sesion they felt fine! Its really odd

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Klopp

First day of autum and winter only around the corner, can anyone recommend pair of runners that are water proof? My current runners ( Sketchers ) let the water in. I also have a pair of Nike Pegasus but i don't find them comfortable at all. I am more on the bike but taking up running and only starting out and would like to keep up rain, hail or snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

I've only done 1 run in mine but found them awful uncomfortable in the warm up and then when i started the tempo part of my sesion they felt fine! Its really odd

I read a review on one of the shoe review sites (possibly runningshoeguru but I can't remember) that suggested the plate really only offers benefits at paces at or below 6:50/7:00 mins per mile. You have to be able to impart a certain force to activate the spring.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

skyblue46 wrote: »
    I read a review on one of the shoe review sites (possibly runningshoeguru but I can't remember) that suggested the plate really only offers benefits at paces at or below 6:50/7:00 mins per mile. You have to be able to impart a certain force to activate the spring.

Thanks for that! I think I remember u mentioning something like this before actually.

So at slower paces, the plate may be restricing your foot/sole from 'flexing' properly perhaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Cona

Klopp wrote: »
    First day of autum and winter only around the corner, can anyone recommend pair of runners that are water proof? My current runners ( Sketchers ) let the water in. I also have a pair of Nike Pegasus but i don't find them comfortable at all. I am more on the bike but taking up running and only starting out and would like to keep up rain, hail or snow.

You could get trail running shoes like Salomon speed cross etc but I really wouldn’t... you don’t actually need waterproofing in shoes, just ensure you are wearing good socks and your all set.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,494 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Klopp wrote: »
    There's no point. Rain will get in, guaranteed. Having waterproof runners just means it can't get out again, and you've to do the rest of your rain with water sloshing around in your shoes

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Enduro

I have thousands and thousands of miles of experience running with waterproof shoes. They can and often do make a huge difference. To be really effective you do need a system, not just the shoes (running gaiters make a big difference if the shoes are going into water above ankle level. Built in gaiters are more effective again), but for some conditions the shoes on their own will be more than enough to make a significant notable difference.

I've never come across water proof road shoes, but there are plenty of waterproof trail shoes. I wouldn't be too worried about waterproof road shoes for anything under two or three hours anyway.

There are a few different technologies available as well. Goretex is the oldest and by far the most common (usually implemented as a layer within the shoe). I'm sponsored by Columbia, so get to wear any of their shoes I choose. They have what I consider to be the best waterproof system, which is Outdry Extreme (implemented as an outer layer, keeping the whole shoe dry). But as I say, I'm sponsored by them, so look up these things yourself to learn the options.

I do plenty of mixed terrain running, so often run on roads in trail shoes. They're fine. No real problem once their not too off-road style. But I wouldn't be doing any road only racing, or even training, in them unless the weather was apocalyptic and I was going to be out for a looooong time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

After some super customer support from Saucony when I had some trouble breaking in a pair of Liberty ISO (I was getting terrible hot spots under the balls of both feet after only a couple of miles every time I ran in them) I have been offered a new pair of runners from their range. I've chosen the Omni ISO 2. Does anyone here have any experience with these?

py wrote: »

Have enjoyed my first few runs in them so ordered another pair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Slideways

I’ve been running on Sauconys for a while as Brooks messed with the Glycerine and I went from loving them to not liking them at all.
    Run in the ISO Ride now for long runs.

I see lots of people running in 4% and Next%. I was thinking if they are that much of an advantage is it a fair playing field to not run in them?

Anyway, heard a whisper that Saucony might be bringing out an alternative to the Nike. Has anyone heard similar?

Advertisement