Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What shoes you wearing now and what next?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,648 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Maybe we should have a dedicated Nike thread at this stage ;)

Have a couple of pairs of Pegasusususes on the go now and have been alternating them with a trusty pair of NB 880's for regular runs but the 880's seem to have vanished recently (:confused:)

Anyway, is there much of a difference between the Epic Reacts and the Pegasus? Anyone wear both? The price point is tempting I have to say

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Cartman78 wrote:
    Anyway, is there much of a difference between the Epic Reacts and the Pegasus? Anyone wear both? The price point is tempting I have to say

Tried on my new epic Reacts yesterday but haven't run in them yet. First impressions are they are very different to the pegasus most notably flyknit. Will update when I run in the epic react.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

Cartman78 wrote: »

yeah very different feel to both. I have barely worn the Pegasus since I've got the Epic Reacts, but I know a couple of people who have found the Epic React a little unsupportive around the heel and maybe the cushioning a little too soft. Yeah there is a bit of a Nike love-in on this thread, of which I have contributed massively to :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

I know skyblue loves it ;)

On the epic reacts I'm a little apprehensive after trying them on whether they'll be a good general miles runner but we'll see. The heel was a bit "rubby " but hard to tell until you do a run on them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭deisedude

Thinking of trying out New Balance. Looking for a cushioned pair for easy miles ideally under €80

Any recommendations? I'm not too bothered if its brand new or older model

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭MY BAD

Bought a pair of Pegs 35 on Nike's website using the code JAN20 for €77. They had the 36s for the same price but I preferred the 35s. Probably my favourite easy miles shoe

• Registered Users Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭ariana`

Bought a pair of Pegs 35 on Nike's website using the code JAN20 for €77. They had the 36s for the same price but I preferred the 35s. Probably my favourite easy miles shoe

The women's equivalent are coming in at €67 with free shipping. It seems madness to leave them there at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

ariana` wrote: »
    The women's equivalent are coming in at €67 with free shipping. It seems madness to leave them there at that price.

Dont let you know who find out :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Dont let you know who find out :pac::pac:

Who? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭ariana`

skyblue46 wrote: »
    Who? :eek:
    :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

asics gel nimbus winterized are reduced in lifetyle sports from 180 to 95

picked up the last pair in patrick street cork 9.5 uk
    may have odd sizes around the country as the website is showing size 11 only

https://www.lifestylesports.com/ie/mens-gel-nimbus-21-winterized-12206710.html?cgid=brands-asics#prefn1=LSSGender&srule=price-high-to-low&sz=72&start=1&prefv1=Male

deisedude wrote: »
    Thinking of trying out New Balance. Looking for a cushioned pair for easy miles ideally under €80

Zantes are decent enough

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Sub430

deisedude wrote: »

NB Beacons.
    Small selection of sizes on Wiggle for <80
    https://www.wiggle.co.uk/new-balance-fresh-foam-beacon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

OneAsics sending around discount codes.
    Got another 15% off so a pair of Ds trainer 24 for 70 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Dante

Anyone tried the Pegasus Zoom Turbo 2's? Just picked up a pair and curious to see what people make of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭MY BAD

Anyone tried the Pegasus Zoom Turbo 2's? Just picked up a pair and curious to see what people make of them.
    I like them. Lot of reviews say not as good as the previous edition of them. They are lighter than the Pegasus. I haven't used them in a session but I use them on longer easy runs.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭6run28

Picked up a pair of Kinvara 10s for €72. 11s are out soon so big price drops on the 10s at the moment on a few sites

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭jfh

For those that have purchased the next % or vaporfly, how much of an improvement over 10k have ye noticed?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Klopp

Klopp wrote: »
    I ordered a pair of Pegasus 36 on 26th Dec, the delivery was due 3rd Jan. They didn't arrive. I logged into my account and went on and used their online chat today, i was told my order was still in prepping stage they would escalate. I never had this problem before with Nike. I am now waiting on new e-mail with delivery info.

I have gone on a couple of runs in these, and I am impressed, they’re very comfortable and lightweight and a great fit too around the foot.

• Advertisement

jfh wrote: »
    For those that have purchased the next % or vaporfly, how much of an improvement over 10k have ye noticed?
    Thanks

Not really a 10k shoe. I don't use them for anything other than marathons. Have found them to be beneficial.

Not really a 10k shoe. I don't use them for anything other than marathons. Have found them to be beneficial.

Thanks for your thoughts. Imagine they're more beneficial for the longer distance alright. There's probably a cut off point where the come into their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭Slideways

I saw a bloke run a 14:25 in them on the track in a race I was in. Out paced lots of blokes with race flats and spikes on.

I can 2nd last in my Saucony Fastwitch. A lightweight pack shoe I really like

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

Bought Reebok Floatride Run Fast last week. Did a easy run in them straight out of the box. Looking forward to training/racing in them alternating between them and Streak 6. On my second pair of Forever Floatride Energy. The new 2.0 look a lot better. Will purchase them in the summer time I’d say.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Bought Reebok Floatride Run Fast last week. Did a easy run in them straight out of the box. Looking forward to training/racing in them alternating between them and Streak 6. On my second pair of Forever Floatride Energy. The new 2.0 look a lot better. Will purchase them in the summer time I’d say.

A hidden gem, on my 2nd pair and 2 more in the stash, can be picked up for c. €60's from time to time.
    I find it difficult to consider wearing other runners and nearly have to force myself to.

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    A hidden gem, on my 2nd pair and 2 more in the stash, can be picked up for c. €60's from time to time.
    I find it difficult to consider wearing other runners and nearly have to force myself to.

Never heard of them, for sale at 64 euro on reebok site.
    Tempted, much support?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Does anyone know of somewhere in Dublin you can try the Next% on? I tried them on before in Elverys on Henry Street, but they dont seem to have them on the site anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

jfh wrote: »
    Never heard of them, for sale at 64 euro on reebok site.
    Tempted, much support?

Wouldn't class as a support shoe, more for faster stuff, but if you're pretty efficient they have a great range and durability. I retired 1 pair at north of 600 miles, more because I felt I should, rather than had to, only signs of wear are the fabric beginning to frey at the top of the heel counter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Wouldn't class as a support shoe, more for faster stuff, but if you're pretty efficient they have a great range and durability. I retired 1 pair at north of 600 miles, more because I felt I should, rather than had to, only signs of wear are the fabric beginning to frey at the top of the heel counter.

I'm intrigued! I can't really tell from the website if they are a daily trainer or a racer? I'm in the market for new shoes and at €64 I am tempted. Typically I train in the Pegasus as my daily trainer but they've gotten very expensive. Don't want anything too ligh for my daily running.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

pconn062 wrote: »
    I'm intrigued! I can't really tell from the website if they are a daily trainer or a racer? I'm in the market for new shoes and at €64 I am tempted. Typically I train in the Pegasus as my daily trainer but they've gotten very expensive. Don't want anything too ligh for my daily running.

I was tempted too but there seems to only be size 6.5 left :-(

Advertisement